As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Forums Secret Santa 2010 - LETTERS TO SANTA + PICTURES OF ARRIVED GIFTS

• PinderPinder Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Do not fear, Santee! I have shipped your present and it will be there no later than 10:30 in the morning on Friday!

Pinder on
    This signature intentionally left blank.
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    ChronoHawk wrote: »
    Thank you SOOOOOO Much VT! I really appreciate you going to all the trouble. As far as the old situation goes, they are having a bit of a scuff with the authorities at the moment for unrelated reasons so all in all I'd say all is well = P

No worries, I'm just glad you ended up getting it! =)

Ah! Sounds like karma bit them in the butt at least. =) I'm usually not vindictive, but passive aggressive ex-roommates willing to steal are frustrating!

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Rdr, glad you like your gifts. I was really excited to get them for you. Particularly now that you can bust out kick ass chopsticks when you get sushi. We should try to get sushi at PAX Prime and you can show me what they look like first hand.

Sounds like a plan! I'll pm you for contact info closer to PAX. I'm still new to sushi so if you're experienced you can help give me a kick in the arse to try new things. Don't think my friends have what it takes to convince me to try new stuff.

Rdr on
  • MelesMelesMelesMeles Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Qs23 wrote: »
    MelesMeles wrote: »
    I spoke to Qs23 on IRC, and I know that he's got his gifts. You might want to PM him to remind him to post :)

And post I shall...
    IMG_20110104_153052.jpg
    I was happy with just the hat with a haiku on it, but the rest was icing on the cake.

Glad you liked them! :) Did you get a chance to watch the festival of weirdshit that is Neverwhere?

Also...those dog tags are chunky! I didn't realise they were so big :P

MelesMeles on
  • EugalEugal United StatesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    so the other day i got home after a long day at school and i to my surprise i found this!

secretsanta6.jpg

upon further inspection it seemed some one was warning me of the zombie apocalypse.

secretsanta5.jpg

once i opened it i was ecstatic to find

secretsanta4.jpg

A zombie apocalypse care package!

A hand written note

secretsanta3.jpg

PEELS HERE!

secretsanta2.jpg

I also got candy canes and a t-shirt!

secretsanta1.jpg

The t-shirt also had the health kit mounted on the back so I could go on the run when the time comes and our defenses get over run and keep the care package with me.

(img)pictureoftshirtiforgottotake(/img)

Thanks santa for making my day loads better!

Eugal on
  • WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So I came home earlier today and noticed a strange box sitting in my garage... with the address to me... TWICE! So I took it in and pondered, my other order was shipped out 2 days ago, are they really close???

As I ventured to my room I began to tear the package open, only to see that the return address was from California. It struck me as I began to fold over the flaps of the brown casing, it was from the internet!!! Several minutes later I log onto my computer, finding two urgent spam messages in my Private Messages of this forum, and in my mIRC... both from SmallLady. I fear that if I keep typing the story, that SmallLady will get closer and closer to stabbing me, brutally, in the back with a rusty knife.

So I opened the box in my eWorld, for I needed to document what came in, else my jaw will be shut from Tetanus.
    Santa1.JPG

I noticed the famous Alliance emblem and it's.. ANOTHER SWAG BAG =(
    Santa2.JPG

NOOOOPPEEE!!! Look at this cutie inside!
    Santa3.JPG

Out of his home...
    Santa4.JPG

On my head =D, thanks! wait... who sent me this??? *Error 404.33, no sender or note found*

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • tehnakkitehnakki Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Eugal wrote: »
    so the other day i got home after a long day at school and i to my surprise i found this!

Thanks santa for making my day loads better!

I'm glad you liked it Eugal. I got SO MANY weird looks from the postal people while attempting to mail it! Especially once I explained it was a zombie health kit. I ended up going to a different postoffice and using the automated kiosk to stamp and mail it =)

tehnakki on
    Hufflepuff for lief, muthafuckers!

the 'teh' is silent: eljay ~ * ~ twitter ~ * ~ ravelry ~ * ~ last.fm
  • TwinkieTwinkie Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Rdr wrote: »
    Rdr, glad you like your gifts. I was really excited to get them for you. Particularly now that you can bust out kick ass chopsticks when you get sushi. We should try to get sushi at PAX Prime and you can show me what they look like first hand.

Sounds like a plan! I'll pm you for contact info closer to PAX. I'm still new to sushi so if you're experienced you can help give me a kick in the arse to try new things. Don't think my friends have what it takes to convince me to try new stuff.

A bunch of us did this at last year's Prime and it was so much fun! I also happen to have special skills of Persuasion in the New Experiences and Just-Do-It-Already arenas (references available upon request). :)

Twinkie on
    edited January 2011
    Twinkie wrote: »

A bunch of us did this at last year's Prime and it was so much fun! I also happen to have special skills of Persuasion in the New Experiences and Just-Do-It-Already arenas (references available upon request). :)

I hope you're going to East!

Rdr on
  • Cynd3rCynCynd3rCyn Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I have just received my Santa gift from the wonderful Mr. Pinder Wootimus!

025.jpg

My very own Vanna displays a Sonic Screwdriver from the 10th Doctor and a Spinning TARDIS!!!

I honestly was hoping I'd get a Sonic Screwdriver soon, so I am very happy. Thank you pinder!!!

Cynd3rCyn on
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I... I got spiders....

:(

photo2-1.jpg

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
    edited January 2011
    SmallLady wrote: »
    I... I got spiders....

photo2-1.jpg

Ya but those are some sweet ass spiders.

All joking aside, your SS seriously only sent you spiders? :(

Rdr on
  • FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I... I got spiders....

photo2-1.jpg

Ya but those are some sweet ass spiders.

All joking aside, your SS seriously only sent you spiders? :(

Feel free to PM me your private mailing address

Frugus on
    Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
    edited January 2011
    Frugus wrote: »

I appreciate the thought, but I'm ok :P

<3

SmallLady on
    edited January 2011
    Frugus wrote: »

I appreciate the thought, but I'm ok :P

<3

Refuse and I will make sure that all Bacon exports are stopped at the border before they cross over from Canada to the US.

Your baconators will never taste the same and everyone will know it's SmallLady's fault.

edit: Just saw that she's from Canada too but think this threat still works.

Frugus on
    Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    That's got me wondering what a Baconator would taste like with back bacon.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
    edited January 2011
    I... I got spiders....

Maybe there was more to it? Did you check the bottom of the package/box? Or maybe it's a smallpresent for SmallLady :P. I'd offer to send something, but shipping from US to Canada can be brutal, stupid customs department...

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • MelesMelesMelesMeles
    offers 500 hug bounty for SmallLady's mailing address via PM.

Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    offers 500 hug bounty for SmallLady's mailing address via PM.

MelesMeles on
    edited January 2011
    Wait, they sent you spider stickers... and that's it? Who the heck did that? Boo!

VThornheart on
    edited January 2011
    Yes it was the only thing on the box and the invoice. But it's ok, I really appreciate you guys jumping in to be awesome. <3

I'll keep you all in mind if we get any dead beat Santas. Though I'm fairly positive that everyone will get something by the deadline. :-)

SmallLady on
    edited January 2011
    I think a single pack of spider stickers should constitute "dead beat" status. Who did that? They need to 'fess up, seriously!

Unless there was some kind of justification? Had the person become recently unemployed?

VThornheart on
    edited January 2011
    I think a single pack of spider stickers should constitute "dead beat" status. Who did that? They need to 'fess up, seriously!

Unless there was some kind of justification? Had the person become recently unemployed?

I think she knows who did it and doesn't want to throw him/her under the bus. There's also 7 days to see if the santa actually sent another package just to troll with us/SmallLady.

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    edited January 2011
    There's also 7 days to see if the santa actually sent another package just to troll with us/SmallLady.

Hope this is what is happening. It would be a good prank since some of us have already responded with wtf replies.

Rdr on
    edited January 2011
    Aye, I do think whoever did it may have sent a follow-up present... I hope they did! =)

VThornheart on
    edited January 2011
    Aye, I do think whoever did it may have sent a follow-up present... I hope they did! =)

Maybe it's foreshadowing... REAL SPIDERS!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • TwinkieTwinkie Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I... I got spiders....

Nooooo! But you totally saw it coming. ;P

I don't know when you'll be down next, but in the meantime please accept this picture of a baby in a ridiculous costume:

zpcYF.jpg
    Alright! He's havin' a good time!

Twinkie on
    edited January 2011
    Maybe they're sending SmallLady that baby?

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
    edited January 2011
    Decius wrote: »
    Maybe they're sending SmallLady that baby?

It all makes sense now.

fry.jpg

Frugus on
    Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • PinderPinder Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So last Friday I got this tweet from our lovely Sekrit Santa, but this morning when I called in to the post office to check if there was a package they said there wasn't anything there :(. There's also no notification in my mailbox either.

Pinder on
    This signature intentionally left blank.
    edited January 2011
    Pinder wrote: »
    So last Friday I got this tweet from our lovely Sekrit Santa, but this morning when I called in to the post office to check if there was a package they said there wasn't anything there :(. There's also no notification in my mailbox either.

Atrapitis.gif?1240007111

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • crackgoblincrackgoblin Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    my santee is nowhere to be found, but hopefully her present has arrived safe.

crackgoblin on
    its a secret to everyone
  • cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

I've just arrived back because my return was postponed by a week - I don't have a box here but I do have two failed delivery notices (one from 12/31, one from 1/6) so hopefully I will be able to get to the post office on Wednesday and it will be one of those.

cabsy on
    edited January 2011
    updated!

People with no gifts yet.

If you are the Santa for one of these people. Please talk to me.

Punzie
    Pinder
    Mystral721
    Frugus
    Clickpictony
    Cabsy
    Artemis
    VThornheart.

Deadline is the 15th guys... and it is VERY quickly approaching.

SmallLady on
    edited January 2011
    I just came back and 1 a FedEx sticker on my door saying they made a 1st attempt. It's obviously from the exchange since the delivery name was to "Fryers" which I guess was an honest mistake. That's what you get for having a 100% fictional name, no one can remember it correctly. I'm lucky enough that it was not sent to "Fungus" which is the usual mistake people make.

Bla bla bla.

I'll need a bit of (reasonable) time to pick this package up and post some pictures. That's because FedEx works a bit differently in Canada (around these parts they only have one Depot and it's not even that close to Montreal). I'll check with the office to see if they don't mind having someone deliver me something over there. If that works I should have it before the end of the week.

Lady please note that whoever my Santee is made the effort to have it delivered on time!

And thanks, whoever you are :)

Edit: Instructed FedEx to hold off the package until we come and get it ourselves. Arranged a little road trip for after work today, should be posting pictures in the evening.

Frugus on
    Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Sekrit Santa present obtained!
    5352281879_8c0fd6fbaa.jpg
    It was already opened :( I hope everything is in there.
    5352282551_6d6467d252.jpg
    A pile of goodies!
    5352283113_56dae85805.jpg
    Where's Waldo? (with magnifying glass for those of us who are blind :P )
    5352893636_96c41be0a4.jpg
    PA The Series. The preorder version signed by everyone!
    5352894198_f5028d69aa.jpg
    And a book off my Amazon wishlist.

Thank you Santa! <3
    There was no note in my package, but the return address says it's from Kate and Andy in Michigan. (MI is Michigan, right? Sometimes I get the M states confused.)

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Andy in Michigan is likely Qs23

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited January 2011
    Also the Where's Waldo book is a dead giveaway that it's him.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Also the Where's Waldo book is a dead giveaway that it's him.

lols, I didnt see that part.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    cabsy wrote: »

I've just arrived back because my return was postponed by a week - I don't have a box here but I do have two failed delivery notices (one from 12/31, one from 1/6) so hopefully I will be able to get to the post office on Wednesday and it will be one of those.

So after lots of snow postponements I finally got my secret santa gift! Just to be clear I am totally the deadbeat here D: crackgoblin mailed it two days after Christmas and sent it priority. Sorry I wasn't around to pick it up! BECAUSE IT IS AWESOME

Obligatory pet-with-box photo:
    0012chy2

Crackgoblin apparently went to the USE LOTS OF TAPE school of packaging but after I finally managed to slice through the roll of tape I found:
    0012dqgh

I opened the card first and it was totally a present spoiler :O
    0012f883

PLATYPUS IN THE HIZZOUSE
    0012gfe5

These were meant to be included but the post office is staffed by Satan, so I got a photo instead. Here is hoping the Devil eases up his grip because Robot cupcakes are awesome.
    0012ea6d

Fake Pandas Have More Fun :D
    0012httx

OK so time for a moral to this story, which is don't buy yourself shit near the holidays. Don't do it. Because then what happens is you talk A LOT about how you want something and amazon pretends you didn't get it and then you buy it for yourself and then you get your secret santa present and then, well
    0012kgf2

Fortunately this just makes it EVEN AWESOMER because now I have two talking Perry the Platypus plushies, which is just another step towards my goal of being that person with a giant pile of creepy staring platypuses on my desk.

Thanks crackgoblin and I am so so sorry that I wasn't home on time to get this!

cabsy on
    edited January 2011
    You should wear those on each of your shoulders at PAX East.

Yes you are going to PAX East.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth