As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Glossolalia - in our dreams, we are the eldritch horrors

• Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So you are drawing scalies now?

Muse Among Men on
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    a planet of kpops

exterminatus

a warhammer-inquisitor-esque race would be pretty cool

hmmm

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So you are drawing scalies now?

i am trying my very best not to cross that line

Raneados on
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Rane is that even possible? This is an impossible dream. You are only human.

Muse Among Men on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    anything is possible if i yiff yiff yiff yiff yiff oh god kill meeeeeee

Raneados on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    it's cool

nobody's judging you

please ignore how sneaky my avatar appears when I say things like that

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
    edited January 2011
    Raneados wrote: »
    anything is possible if i yiff yiff yiff yiff yiff oh god kill meeeeeee

shhh

shh

it's okay boy

dict go get the shotgun

rane here is going to teach you an important lesson about life

behind the barn

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited January 2011
    TLC has a new show called My Strange Addiction and one of them is about a furry.

Rane I think you should speak to the good people of TLC.

Muse Among Men on
    edited January 2011
    i'm going to the internet where my kind is universally accepted and only becomes moreso when I constantly talk about it

Raneados on
    edited January 2011
    Rane, the name even means Tender Loving Care.

Muse Among Men on
    edited January 2011
    exterminatus on TLC too

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
    edited January 2011
    Rane, the name even means Tender Loving Care.

i thought it meant the learning channel

Raneados on
    edited January 2011
    It does I was making a joke :(

Muse Among Men on
    edited January 2011
    exterminatus on that joke, apparently

Raneados on
    edited January 2011
    MUSE HOW DARE YU MAKE A JOKE

IN THIS, THE GLOSS THREAD

GO

YU LEAVE TONIGHT

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited January 2011
    :(

I was trying to come back I thought you hated me

:(:(:(

Muse Among Men on
    edited January 2011
    am I crazy or did you edit your post to take the "o" out of that second "you"

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Rane is the future of ancient greek tradition

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    edited January 2011
    the first one was on accident

the second one was on purpose

after several minutes of seriously thinking it over with seriousness

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited January 2011
    seriously

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited January 2011
    Dubh wrote: »

I should sig this

and I will

later

Raneados on
    edited January 2011
    oh god it's a ghost

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    hey who knows how to build a website I need some serious freaking help over here

VALVEjunkie on
    edited January 2011
    you just type in the address of the website you want to create and then it's there, right?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited January 2011
    tommy don't be a smartass this is serious

my dad's boss needs a website made and he figured I would know what to do but I don't know and there is going to be cash involved for me if I can figure this shit out

VALVEjunkie on
    edited January 2011
    whoa shit this is just like when I set up my signature FUCKIN SWEET THIS IS GONNA BE EASY

VALVEjunkie on
  • DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I feel like that suit should flash like a Daft Punk tour.

It will most probably do that. Anyway, uh, is the little description of the suits that I made enough? It's not a lot, but then again it's about a suit made by an extinct species.

Dux on
    edited January 2011
    i think i'm done with a base 1st model

now to remove the genitals and post the linework

edit: mmm still probably NSFW

so yeah NSFW http://i55.tinypic.com/dob0pf.png NSFW

Raneados on
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I demand you continue to participate in this thread, Muse
    Raneados wrote: »
    can do, no reason it had to be so small

dubh - are we doing a picture of the species or of our character?

yes, you're all doing your own pictures- or finding someone else that can do one for you

So, does finding an internet picture not count?
    (I will make a character for this game! at the very least I'll already have something hashed out in case you want to expand on the players, or failing that, made a cool character I can use for something else)

Cephalus and Armoptera

Closer to the Galactic Core than many planets, Hegraphis is a world known for it's humid climate, and the abundance of jungles and rainforests across it's surface, as well as a number of deserts around the equator. Hegraphis is currently a world of extreme levels of oxygen in the atmosphere. Hegraphis has always been higher in oxygen than many other worlds, and is younger than many of the homeworlds of other intelligent species. Life had formed in the oceans long before the surface, and when plants and trees spread to the landmasses, their sheer numbers began to heighten the levels of oxygen in the atmosphere. This, combined with Hegraphis' Star entering a new stage in it's existence and increasing the heat on Hegraphis by leaps and bounds, lead to fires becoming far more of a problem for the plants and other life on the continents of Hegraphis. In response, those plants that had the greatest amount of liquids and other non-combustible substances survived the best, and a trend toward plants holding water as a barrier against fires began to form.

This, combined with the increased heat of the planet, lead to a dramatic decrease in the oceans of Hagraphis, and many more animals began to venture onto land that never had before. Among these creatures was a Cephalopod-esque animal now known as the Cephalus. The Cephalus' ancestors had lived closer to the shore but near the bottom, however as the sea levels began to decrease as plants soaked up all the water they could, even as the waters of the oceans began to form heavier and heavier clouds which now characterize Hagraphis, the Cephalus moved closer and closer to the shore, and those that could survive the effort to drag themselves onto the beaches and feed on smaller beach life and scavengers began to prosper, until they moved almost entirely onto land, they still had gills but now they had primitive lungs as well, and were better suited to life and locomotion on land. Some of the Cephalus moved more inland from the beaches into the rainforests themselves, but they ran into more problems with predators than they had before. Because of the extremely high levels of oxygen, many insect and arthropod species had grown to massive size.

The Cephalus gravitated toward living closer to large, herbivorous insects, mainly giant beetles known as the Armoptera. The Armoptera was a large fairly dominant herbivore that had developed a more bipedal stance, with it's four "arms" being thick and powerful and having ending in clawed pseudo-fingers, the Armoptera had often travels on all six legs, but like Earth's bear they can stand on their two thick rear legs. The Cephalus slowly formed a beneficial relationship with the Armoptera, feeding on the detritus and parasites that live on their bodies, and gaining protection therefrom. The Cephalus' tentacle limbs allowed it to grasp and move about the Armoptera's far larger body very easily, especially given it's armor plating, and so the situation was fairly optimal for both groups. The Cephalus and the Armoptera grew closer together over the years, and eventually the Cephalus, whose ancestors were able to carry a small charge through their tentacles to shock their prey, became able to send neural messages through their tentacles, and eventually receive such messages as well.

The Cephalus developed this ability and began to develop as a sapient species, farming, tool-making, society building, through the Armoptera. Now, the Cephalus imprint themselves on a single Armoptera, which are slightly larger than a human but far tougher and stronger, and the two live almost like a single creature. The Cephalus lives largely in small building like structures on the backs of the Armoptera, which they can fit and live inside of because of their lack of a spine. When going off-world, both the Cephalus and Armoptera require advanced oxygen and water respirator systems, which appear as small water-towers on the Armoptera's back, with small smoke stacks that give off small whispy bits of gas, because the Cephalus and Armoptera store oxygen in liquid form, the Cephalus lives inside this oxygen inside the small Howdah building, still having vestigal gills as well as lungs, helping them cope, and the Armoptera has the liquid oxygen pumped straight into it's blood.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

he's a new traditionalist?

Antimatter on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    LOL: so apparently pa-ers dont like when u are in a custom game and tell them to just fucking play cuz who gives a shit its an inhouse. jesus, bahamut was there and everything. I didnt even do anything wrong but i was kicked out. Arrogant assholes

wrong thread, but what the fuck was wrong with those guys =/ someone was mad at me for... playing Sona while we lost? I didn't even play badly, what the hell?

also rane make sure your scaly women have superfluous breast-like anatomy

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Shock G wrote: »
    yeah I was thinking

Northman kind of north

like arctic

e: and rane, that isn't a planet, that's barely an asteroid

what I'm saying is, it wouldn't hold an atmosphere

wait buh

wasn't them being in what's currently New Zealand your idea

Zealand is a Danish island, you silly person

I was thinking it'd be around like Texas or Georgia or something

far away, not a whole lot of contact with the Nation. Sand Vikings are tales you tell to scare children, for the most part

Shock G on
    edited January 2011
    I am the scalies

Shock G on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    ohhhhhhhhhh

um, alright uh, I guess this is something I didn't properly make clear early on, but for mysteeeeeeerious plot reasons I gotta say, no contact at all with the northern hemisphere. That said, you're more than welcome to stick the sand viking home anywhere on the map that you'd like, and we can definitely say that it's a remote location. it's worth remembering the scale here, that the map I posted is of half the entire world, so there's definitely room for a place to be far away from everything else, even if not quite as far as you intended.

Speed Racer on
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    sark.png

I'll add a head when I figure out how to draw it

Shabooty on
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    LOL: so apparently pa-ers dont like when u are in a custom game and tell them to just fucking play cuz who gives a shit its an inhouse. jesus, bahamut was there and everything. I didnt even do anything wrong but i was kicked out. Arrogant assholes

wrong thread, but what the fuck was wrong with those guys =/ someone was mad at me for... playing Sona while we lost? I didn't even play badly, what the hell?

Yeah I don't have a clue. I was also a tad drunk which probably didn't help, but still.

Anyways. are pee gee's?

Cheeseliker on
  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Muse, you may have fallen a bit behind, but, on the upside, the thread hasn't really moved much.

Sorry about that. Super busy, partially with getting 100% Final done, but largely with moving and classes. Speed, feel free to kill off Kssan - unfortunately, I just do not have the time to keep track of your game. Which is a shame, 'cause it seems pretty cool.

DE?AD on
    edited January 2011
    noooooooo kssan!

he was like a brother to me DE?AD

a brother

Shock G on
  • DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    you have a weird family tree shock

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
    edited January 2011
    DE?AD wrote: »
    Muse, you may have fallen a bit behind, but, on the upside, the thread hasn't really moved much.

Sorry about that. Super busy, partially with getting 100% Final done, but largely with moving and classes. Speed, feel free to kill off Kssan - unfortunately, I just do not have the time to keep track of your game. Which is a shame, 'cause it seems pretty cool.

I was just too embarrassed to show up after being unable to participate for so long :oops:

Muse Among Men on
This discussion has been closed.