As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

D&D 360 Thread (All games Will does not like are for girls.)

• GlaealGlaeal Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    legion wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    @Gooey: I've been thoroughly enjoying Dead Rising.
    I've been through Dead Rising twice now, and the second play through was even more fun than the first, since I actually tried to follow the main case files / story instead of just running around kicking ass.

Rampant zombie butchery makes for good times aplenty no matter how you play it, though, so I'll second this suggestion.

I've played through that game multiple times now to get all of the achievements. Well, most of them. I still love it.

We need more people in the Halo 3 beta. Like, talented people. It's a sad world when I'm getting high scores.

I loves ya Will. :)

Glaeal on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So before I go off to Iraq, I've picked up GoW, Crackdown, and Dead Rising. I think I'll want at least one more and was thinking about Viva Pinata but was wondering if there was anything else I should consider getting instead.

Quid on
  • chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Perhaps Rainbow Six Vegas. Gritty, fairly realistic.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • ColdredColdred Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    chasm953 wrote: »
    Perhaps Rainbow Six Vegas. Gritty, fairly realistic.

I was going to suggest that or Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2, but was worried that he might get funny ideas in Iraq.

Coldred on
    sig1-1.jpg
    edited May 2007
    Those games are everywhere there. But I just saw that Shadowrun will be coming out the day I go back so I think I'll try to pick that up.

Quid on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited May 2007
    Glaeal wrote: »
    We need more people in the Halo 3 beta. Like, talented people. It's a sad world when I'm getting high scores.

Man I just got worse and worse as I got drunker and drunker. I think my last game saw me at like -10 kills/deaths.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited May 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »

Man I just got worse and worse as I got drunker and drunker. I think my last game saw me at like -10 kills/deaths.

I can't imagine how bad I would be drunk. I'm awful when I'm completely sober, playing drunk I would probably transcend awful into some depths of badness that could never be plumbed.

Coldred on
    sig1-1.jpg
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited May 2007
    Coldred wrote: »

I can't imagine how bad I would be drunk. I'm awful when I'm completely sober, playing drunk I would probably transcend awful into some depths of badness that could never be plumbed.

Maybe you'd flip around the spectrum, Asteroid-style, and be brilliant.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited May 2007
    Coldred wrote: »

Maybe you'd flip around the spectrum, Asteroid-style, and be brilliant.

Like drunk Peter Griffin and his piano playing? Hmm, maybe I should put it to the test.

Coldred on
    sig1-1.jpg
    edited May 2007
    I had some guys on my friendslist on my old GT who were terrible unless they were drunk or stoned.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2007
    So um I plan on being on Halo 3 tonight either before or after Heroes. Maybe both.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    People in this thread excluded, everyone on Live has the stupidest fucking names.

XX187GHOSTXX
    111weedrolla111
    DAGANJA420

etc.

"If I can't be creative, I'll add a bunch of numbers to the end!"

Doc on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited May 2007
    Much like youtube and myspace, it lets you know who to avoid.

...I need a new game. :|

Echo on
    edited May 2007
    Echo wrote: »
    Much like youtube and myspace, it lets you know who to avoid.

...I need a new game. :|
    Did you download the H3 beta? It's available in Sweden too isn't it?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited May 2007
    So um I plan on being on Halo 3 tonight either before or after Heroes. Maybe both.

I plan on being on Halo 3 from the moment my roomate gets her ass up and out of the 'Box room, until the moment that I must sleep. Minus 1 hour for Heroes.

Oh, and re: Doc -- I think this forum has the best letter/number ratio in our tags of any Live group ever.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, I got the beta, but I'm not really a fan of multiplayer Halo.

Echo on
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, I got the beta, but I'm not really a fan of multiplayer Halo.

I vastly prefer to play it with people I know, or at least people who aren't cocks.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, I got the beta, but I'm not really a fan of ponies, happiness, or things that are fun. Also, I hate the Jews.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • YarYar Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I apologize to anyone who has sent me invites and I haven't responded. My friends list is like pages and pages of "Online - Halo 3 beta" right now.

Yar on
    edited May 2007
    Aemilius wrote: »
    Yeah, I got the beta, but I'm not really a fan of ponies, happiness, or things that are fun. Also, I hate the Jews.

That's a damn dirty lie! I love ponies!

Echo on
    edited May 2007
    Yar wrote: »
    I apologize to anyone who has sent me invites and I haven't responded. My friends list is like pages and pages of "Online - Halo 3 beta" right now.

Awesome.

I just trimmed my friends list. It now consists solely of four groups: (1) Meatspace friends. (2) PA forumers. (3) A good group of skilled Gears players who are also friendly. (4) A good group of skilled Halo players who are also friendly.

I think the total number is something like 20? It's nice to have it all trimmed down like this.

I really wish you could attach notes to people, though. Like, a note that says "PA forumer" or "Halo friend" or whatever.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
    edited May 2007
    If people are trying to invite Asmadeus you'll have to wait at least four more months.

Maybe more if Bush really hates me.

Quid on
    edited May 2007
    If people are trying to invite Asmadeus you'll have to wait at least four more months.

Maybe more if Bush really hates me.

You still don't own a 360, do you?

Jesus crap, grampa. Gonna go listen to some music on your phonograph, next?

sdrawkcaB emaN on
    edited May 2007
    No, I bought one here in the states while on leave and am mailing it to myself in Iraq. I still have my gamertag from my old Xbox but I can't really utilize it over there.

Quid on
  • NisslNissl Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Quid wrote:
    was thinking about Viva Pinata

I got it as a free throw-in on my system a couple weeks ago, not very impressed. The gameplay seems incredibly simplistic and confining, maybe I've just played too many sandbox games before. And it's way cutesy without being tongue-in-cheek, the voice acting is pretty grating.

Did like the R6:V and GRAW 2 demos, going to pick those games up soon.

Nissl on
    360: Purkinje
    edited May 2007
    Yar wrote: »

Awesome.

I just trimmed my friends list. It now consists solely of four groups: (1) Meatspace friends. (2) PA forumers. (3) A good group of skilled Gears players who are also friendly. (4) A good group of skilled Halo players who are also friendly.

I think the total number is something like 20? It's nice to have it all trimmed down like this.

I really wish you could attach notes to people, though. Like, a note that says "PA forumer" or "Halo friend" or whatever.

I'd add you, but your GT is way too pretentious for me to type out without going into an epileptic fit.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2007
    cel and I played two chapters of GoW together on hardcore, and I kept dying and he kept dying, so it took a us a while, but it was a lot of fun. And he might talk a good game, but he does not respect the dead one bit. We kept pushing those damn dirty locusts back into the holes they came from.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited May 2007
    chasm953 wrote: »
    I'd add you, but your GT is way too pretentious for me to type out without going into an epileptic fit.

It's my screening system. I only play with people who are at least 65% as arrogant as I am.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
    edited May 2007
    Elkamil wrote: »
    cel and I played two chapters of GoW together on hardcore, and I kept dying and he kept dying, so it took a us a while, but it was a lot of fun. And he might talk a good game, but he does not respect the dead one bit. We kept pushing those damn dirty locusts back into the holes they came from.

Fighting general Raam on Insane mode is fun*.

*The most excruciating experience of your life, or anyone else's. This includes women with children. Seriously, I've asked them.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Elkamil wrote: »

Fighting general Raam on Insane mode is fun*.

*The most excruciating experience of your life, or anyone else's. This includes women with children. Seriously, I've asked them.

Get a mate and it really isn't all that crazily hard. Ten tries to beat him isn't unreasonable. Seriously nothing is more useful then a bullet shield to give you the split second opening to nail him in the head with a sniper and eight grenades at once knocks off a good chunk of his health if you get your timing right.

Leitner on
  • GlaealGlaeal Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'll add my name on the list of people that will help if you want to beat it on insane. It just take patience.

Also, I haven't been able to muster any enthusiasm for the Halo 3 beta since Will and I played a guy on Saturday who had over 90 ranked matches, and over 300 matches total.

If any of you are that type of gamer, I fucking hate you.

Glaeal on
  • YarYar Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Evander and I were doing some BTBs last night. Fun.

Yar on
    edited May 2007
    Who's angry guy?

Cause you got added.

Quid on
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    Who's angry guy?

Cause you got added.

Angry Steve. That's me.

Doc on
    edited May 2007
    So Frankie is really hooked on the PoTC game. I'll be back on whenever she beats it.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • 3lwap03lwap0 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    We should also plan ahead for some games coming out this summer - namely Too Human (go go co-op!).

Also - Shadowrun.

3lwap0 on
    edited May 2007
    Yeah I'm pretty excited for Shadowrun.

I hope it doesn't suck.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2007
    Looking forward to Shadowrun and, depending on reviews, Two Worlds (a co-op RPG).

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited May 2007
    I'll add my name on the list of people that will help if you want to beat it on insane. It just take patience.

Also, I haven't been able to muster any enthusiasm for the Halo 3 beta since Will and I played a guy on Saturday who had over 90 ranked matches, and over 300 matches total.

If any of you are that type of gamer, I fucking hate you.

This absolutely is the problem with the RP system -- people who are incredibly good are motivated to play more unranked matches for easy RP wins. I am in fact, one of these people.

Well, not really -- I just play a lot of Rumble Training, though most of my matches are still ranked ones. And I don't come in first every time I play RT. :P In all seriousness, I rarely come in first (although practically never below third) because usually there's some fucking major or motherfucking colonel in the match trying to bump up his RP.

But I personally don't care that much because I rock.

Although none of you would know that, because every time I invite one of you fuckers to a game, or private chat, I get stood up. :cry:

sdrawkcaB emaN on
    edited May 2007
    Shadowrun which I'm going to miss by two days, Too Human, and Left 4 Dead. The last one particularly since I wish to be a zombie.

Quid on