As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] This is a civilian thread. You're lucky we're wearing pants.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    You also might want to look up articles on each of the races.

Else you won't understand why turians and humans don't like each other much. Though, that being said, it's kind of hard to find articles that don't have a bit of ME2 spoilers in them.

Oh wait...I forgot about the in-game codex. That'll help you catch up on a lot of stuff.

Dragkonias on
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Collector Ship on Insanity almost destroyed my soul.

That stupid fucking Scion on the rotating platform, just smugly dominating my stillborn teammates.
    Made sure to take out my frustration on Elias Kelhem, and everyone else I could punch during Thane's loyalty mission. Random guy in the rafters? Knocked the fuck out. Mouse? Boot to the face. Wish I could talk to the reporter again.

metaghost on
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Lenore03 wrote: »
    I havn't played the first game but I'm getting ME2 on the PS3. Is there some sorta synopsis of the first game on the net, without spoilers for the second game. I don't expect the included comic on the PS3 version to be enough to capture everything from the first game.

The Mass Effect wiki is detailed and well-sourced, and separates storyline pages for each game. Mass Effect 1

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Did anyone get a lot of horizontal tearing in the PS3 demo for ME2?

Synthesis on
  • BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    harvest wrote: »
    This is the paragon with renegade interrupts thread.

EDIT: Even TOTP out of context, this post is relevant.

Some people even create their own interrupts...

Botznoy on
    IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Botznoy wrote: »
    harvest wrote: »
    This is the paragon with renegade interrupts thread.

EDIT: Even TOTP out of context, this post is relevant.

Some people even create their own interrupts...

I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR SNIDE INSINUATIONS!

chiasaur11 on
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So will PS3 people be able to download a save as well?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm just going to say it: I do not care for Hale's version of the comic.

I thought Meer struck a better tone. But, I have always been a Meer man.

electricitylikesme on
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It's a damn crime that Conrad Verner isn't in the interactive comic. A crime, I say!

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I feel bad, seeing all the advertised sales for PS3 Mass Effect 2 for $50-55 when it's a $10-15 game for everyone else.

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2011
    Well, they get all the DLC for added value...I mean that's only about 35-39 dollars but hey...

Dragkonias on
  • Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

You can only download a save if your on PC. Neither console can.

Renegade Wolf on
    edited January 2011
    Vegan wrote: »
    I feel bad, seeing all the advertised sales for PS3 Mass Effect 2 for $50-55 when it's a $10-15 game for everyone else.

I'm sure it was 60 bucks when it first came out on Xbox as well. Give it time.

I hope.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

No. :(
    But, I have always been a Meer man.

blog_merman_dramatic.jpg

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
    edited January 2011
    Well I mean, if the save file isn't protected, I'm sure people can just upload a PS3 save where they got the choices they wanted and perhaps were not able to get in the comic?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    haters gona hate

Meer is awesome

Dox the PI on
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Cojones wrote: »
    (From the other ME2 thread)
    Cojones wrote: »
    Why does it seem as if Bioware's punishing players who didn't import a character. I understand that producing Mass Effect: Genesis was a pretty cool thing to do, but why not just let players manually select each of the possible outcomes to each quest with just a menu? Surely that'd be an absolutely trivial thing to do in terms of the programming involved, and it'd make a big difference.
    How are they being punished? Imagine you never played ME1 and booted up ME2 and had to spend ages reading through text menus which asked you about numerous decisions you have no real context to. That's what the comic is doing its best to do - give some context and allow people to make the most important decisions of the game.
    I understand why Genesis was introduced to the game, and again, it's a superb idea However, as someone who has completed ME2 many times on a now bricked 360, I want to be able to be exposed to all the content that someone who imported the game can be exposed to, rather than just the six biggest choices. It wouldn't take much to give people the option of going through Genesis or just having an advanced menu where you make each binary choice individually. Again, it'd be trivial to introduce and there are plenty of people out there for whom the ability to choose things like how Shepard acted in each minor quest would make a big difference. It's made worse by the fact that the default Shepard was an chump who missed out EVERYTHING.

Opinions?

Oh, well, a choice between Genesis and advanced menus doesn't really bother me for people that want to convert to PS3 like in your circumstance.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    you could just read the various e-mails at the wiki if you really wish to see them

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    LotSB finished. I want that
    shield!

joshgotro on
  • jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    arcath wrote: »
    So my friend seems to think that the 360 version is getting the comic as well.

Truth or lies?

Cerberus Network, so everyone is getting it (unless they bought it used).

So is there a mentioned time frame on this?

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
    edited January 2011
    The way they were talking it sounded like...maybe a month after the PS3 version if they do it.

Dragkonias on
  • Bebop ColaBebop Cola Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    joshgotro wrote: »
    LotSB finished. I want that
    shield!

I finished LotSB for the second time last night, after loading up my old "Humanity First!" Terra Firma-supporting, pro-Cerberus renegade Shep. Apparently I'm an idiot, because I completely missed a fairly large area on my first time through that DLC.
    That whole back room of the SB HQ... didn't even notice it until last night. Not too much back there, but got to chat with Feron, mess around with a space iPod, and check out the SB's surveillance videos.

Those videos were hit or miss, but a few were GOLD. Specifically the two involving the asari matriarch who tends bar on Illium and Khalisa Al-Bin... the reporter. The game said to come back later and there will be more... TIM, maybe? Nah, he's too savvy to be spied upon... unless he wanted to leave a false trail!

Regarding the Genesis comic coming to Cerberus Network: I'm guessing it will be exclusive for a week or so once the PS3 version comes out, then made available for download. Maybe a month like Dragkonias said. These consoles like their "timed exclusives" these days. We should find out shortly, because I think the PS3 version hits stores today.

Bebop Cola on
    Baby, take off your beret. Everyone's a critic and most people are DJs.
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Getting this for PS3 in about 45 minutes. What's the easiest class for Insane difficulty?

Lucascraft on
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Soldier

joshgotro on
    edited January 2011
    Of course, I'm guessing I'll have to unlock the insane difficulty. So I'll be playing some sort of biotic for my first play-through.

Lucascraft on
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Of course, I'm guessing I'll have to unlock the insane difficulty. So I'll be playing some sort of biotic for my first play-through.

You WILL play Vanguard, at least once.

It is the class with class.

chiasaur11 on
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Insanity is available from the start, I think.

Turambar on
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    edited January 2011
    Turambar wrote: »
    Insanity is available from the start, I think.

Yeah, unlike ME1.

Which did explain the heavily backloaded difficulty selector in ME1, really.

chiasaur11 on
    edited January 2011
    This is one hellova installation. Sheesh. I'm gonna be an old man before this finishes.

Lucascraft on
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    joshgotro wrote: »
    Soldier

Seconded. Access to all guns and the ability to slow down time is awesome.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Soldier is the easiest, Insanity Soldier feels like cheating.

Vanguard is the most fun and still pretty good on Insanity.

3cl1ps3 on
    edited January 2011
    Man, I hope Sony updates the Playstation store sooner rather than later today. The Cerberus Network codes aren't active yet. Neither are the Terminus Armor or Black Hole Gun promos that we were told we were getting.

Lucascraft on
  • CojonesCojones Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Does anyone know if/when DLC like the firepower pack will be available on PS3?

Cojones on
    exmac.png
  • Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    You WILL play Vanguard, at least once.

It is the class with class.

That dies twice as fast.

- Infiltrator FTW

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    There are three ways of doing things; the right way, the wrong way and the Vanguard way.

Turambar on
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Vanguard?

More like airy fairy teleporting sissy pants, am I right?

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
    edited January 2011
    Basil wrote: »
    Vanguard?

Get. Out.

electricitylikesme on
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Vanguard?

Get. Out.

Real men do it with bullet time.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
    edited January 2011
    Vanguard?

Get. Out.

Real men do it with bullet time.

Pansy's cowering behind "cover" use bullet time.

Real men get all up in the Collector's grills.

electricitylikesme on