As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Marvel vs Capcom - The Fate of Two Worlds - God Killing and Move Stealing.

• Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    aBlank wrote: »
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Captain Commando is awesome only for his assist. :D

fixed.

I prefer Blackheart for a column anti-air assist, if only because he's so out of the normal mold that I enjoyed learning him. I'm hoping Dormammu will give me that same warm and fuzzy feeling.

templewulf on
    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I just found out that Dark Pheonix is the only one with a level 5 hyper.

That explains a hell of a lot.

Godfather on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I like using capcommando on point. He is fun.

I have to start practicing those assists. So hard to remember to use them.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Godfather wrote: »
    I just found out that Dark Pheonix is the only one with a level 5 hyper.

That explains a hell of a lot.
    Well its more like regular Phoenix has one. You need 5 bars as Phoenix to access Dark Phoenix.

Mmmm... Cocks... on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm gonna have to learn to utilize my assists better in mvc3 than I did in 2

despite playing 2 for years I always tended to be more focused on the current point character.

That's how I played, only using assists when the other person was basically asking for it ie spamming projectiles and using an assist to cover me while I got in to dragon punch their face off.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I like using capcommando on point. He is fun.

I have to start practicing those assists. So hard to remember to use them.

Yeah, that was always my problem. I forget they're there, and when I remember it's always at an inappropriate time to use them.

But yes, CapCom is very very fun, he just suffers from not being one of the big 6. Like the other 90% of the cast.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    TexiKen wrote: »
    I'm gonna have to learn to utilize my assists better in mvc3 than I did in 2

despite playing 2 for years I always tended to be more focused on the current point character.

That's how I played, only using assists when the other person was basically asking for it ie spamming projectiles and using an assist to cover me while I got in to dragon punch their face off.

I suppose it didn't help that only one of the characters I used had really good assists (blackheart).

shuma and jin were typically my on point dudes and I don't remember their assists being super great

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I think my first team ever will consist of Dante, X-23, and Phoenix. The tale of a half-devil pimp and his special ladies.

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Fireflash wrote: »
    I think my first team ever will consist of Dante, X-23, and Phoenix. The tale of a half-devil pimp and his special ladies.

Need to add Trish to that team. Can't get more special than the demon made to look like your mother you pine over.

Column on
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Column wrote: »
    Fireflash wrote: »

Need to add Trish to that team. Can't get more special than the demon made to look like your mother you pine over.

Oh wow

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Nah you don't bring your mom, or a creature made to look exactly like your mom, to a party.

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So glad MvC3 is going to be out before not too long. I've been giving SSFIV a shot again and the combo system just consistently bores the hell out of me. Also even more glad to see Haggar in the game since I decided to give SSFIV Zangief a spin and have loads of fun there.

Seriously, screw this crap where learning combos is a chore rather than entertaining. Really looking forward to a new game with crazy, goofy combos instead of frame-linked annoying combos.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So glad MvC3 is going to be out before not too long. I've been giving SSFIV a shot again and the combo system just consistently bores the hell out of me. Also even more glad to see Haggar in the game since I decided to give SSFIV Zangief a spin and have loads of fun there.

Seriously, screw this crap where learning combos is a chore rather than entertaining. Really looking forward to a new game with crazy, goofy combos instead of frame-linked annoying combos.

It's pretty discouraging when I drop a link with Guy going from cr. LP -> st. MP xx st. FP xx L Hozanto, and I get my face shoryuken'd off. I still don't think MvC3 will be a better game, but it's going to be fun right out of the box, rather than requiring an educational beatdown period.

templewulf on
    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    edited January 2011

I don't fault anyone for not liking a game, especially if you like the Vs. series and find SF4 boring compared to it. But the links aren't hard to do for the majority of the cast. Learning the link for a character like Rose's c.jab, c.short, c.strong X short soul spiral is far easier than anything that you would need to get competitive in MvC2. If MvC3 has the depth Seth claims it does there's inevitably going to be similar stuff to learn.

I'm assuming you do more things than magic series into launcher into air combo from your prior posts where you talk about, while not liking the high tier characters, learning other teams and playing against other people where you make it sound like you want to win. If all you want out of the game is magic series into launcher into air series into super then there's no argument or anything wrong at all that; the magic series is always going to be more fun, be it Vampire, Vs. series, whatever for the basics like that. Competition wise though there's always going to be "1-frame links" or whatever that requires a modicum of practice to get the timing down for.

Column on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    X-23/Trish/pretending Spider-Man in Iron Spider costume is Patrick or pretending Magneto is Joseph.

Team Clone!

Furu on
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Furu wrote: »
    X-23/Trish/pretending Spider-Man in Iron Spider costume is Patrick or pretending Magneto is Joseph.

Team Clone!

Sentinel would work here, too.

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    SkabSkab Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Not sure if it's been pointed out in here yet or not, but theres a promo code (THANKYOUTEN) to knock off 10% in the Capcom store, included preorderes of both the regular and special edition of MVC3.

Might help those who are still undecided where to preorder

Skab on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I was going to order the special edition from Capcom.com till I noticed the 23$ shipping.

Damnit Canada

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    BansheeBanshee Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I was going to order the special edition from Capcom.com till I noticed the 23$ shipping.

Damnit Canada

Yeah, me too. Plus the fact that UPS/fed Ex charge extra for duty or handling or some crap. Huge ripoff unless it's USPS. :evil:

Banshee on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Whoa. They changed Cap's model for the Punisher Cap costume. Wings from head removed. It might be a small alteration, but if they can do it for that one, why wouldn't they do it for the rest?

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The difference between setting parts of a model to transparent and designing additional visible alterations to a model, I guess.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    BansheeBanshee Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Whoa. They changed Cap's model for the Punisher Cap costume. Wings from head removed. It might be a small alteration, but if they can do it for that one, why wouldn't they do it for the rest?

Heard they were just made transparent.

Banshee on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So, in perhaps the stupidest question of all...

any word on Avatar awards? Because I love me some avatar awards.

Also a Captain America costume for my avatar would be my first ever purchase from the avatar marketplace.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Makes sense. Should have done the same thing with the Red Guardian costume, then.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ya know speaking of costumes I would pay $5 no problem for an Iron Patriot voice pack and Skin for Iron Man and even Bucky as Cap

I still think those 2 were really where Capcom/Marvel dropped the Ball.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    http://shoryuken.com/content/neo-vs-clockw0rk-first-fifteen-west-coast-warzone-3-3216/

In case you missed it here's the MvC2 money match from WCW between Neo and Clockw0rk. I know the pot was announced at being just shy of $15k on the stream, but I then saw someone say it was just under or over $23k, not sure if that's true though.

The match is truly awesome, with amusing commentary from Mike Ross, Dogface, and Justin Wong, on top of genuinely important, insightful commentary about the match and MvC2 in general from Wong. If you're interested in the Vs. series, or even why people go to tournaments in person at all, it's worth watching.

Column on
  • Options
    Baka_ShadeBaka_Shade Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    SabreMau wrote: »

Oh hey, it's MvC2's training stage behind Red Guardian Cap. Did we know about that?

Baka_Shade on
    kanpilgrimsigfinal2.png
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    man that second round of the big MVC2 match was just amazing

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    notsoynotsoy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    From the comments in the Neo/Cl0ckw0rk money match:
    Dear Strider Hiryu,

Please come by MvC3 when you're not busy. I brought "chips".

:) Your friend, Dr. Doom.

P.S. Sentinel said he'll be there.

And the match itself is appropriately godlike, of course.

notsoy on
    Soul Silver FC: 1978 3200 2285
    GT: HitoriLionheart or dailydro
  • Options
    SkabSkab Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    15 mins of game play from GameInformer

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/01/17/quick-15-marvel-vs-capcom-3-fate-of-two-worlds.aspx

Edit: Its not the best, but hey more footage

Skab on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Sorry, dude started baggin' on She-Hulk within the first few minutes, couldn't watch the rest :P .

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Furu wrote: »

Team Clone!

...but he's not even a Spider-Man clone. I just...

Sheesh.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Column wrote: »
    http://shoryuken.com/content/neo-vs-clockw0rk-first-fifteen-west-coast-warzone-3-3216/

In case you missed it here's the MvC2 money match from WCW between Neo and Clockw0rk. I know the pot was announced at being just shy of $15k on the stream, but I then saw someone say it was just under or over $23k, not sure if that's true though.

The match is truly awesome, with amusing commentary from Mike Ross, Dogface, and Justin Wong, on top of genuinely important, insightful commentary about the match and MvC2 in general from Wong. If you're interested in the Vs. series, or even why people go to tournaments in person at all, it's worth watching.

Okay, I didn't watch this earlier before because I haven't been the biggest Marvel 2 fan. I've seen Clockw0rk play before in long ago and I've found his style enjoyable but "new school" Marvel has bored me to death. Having said this...

Holy shit. I can't believe how excited I'm getting over a recorded match of a game I didn't think I liked. That forth or fifth set where Strider goes out early and Neo tries to lame Clockw0rk out with a run-away Storm only to get caught and destroyed in the last 20 seconds of the match? I nearly cheered out loud at 1:38am with people sleeping on the other side of this wall.

I'm gonna go back to watching now. What a terrific send off to Mahvel before MvC3 drops.

Fig-D on
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Why all the She-Hulk hate? Is there any proof that she sucks?

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    There's no proof of anything at this point, really. Nathan Spencer could be the best character in the game and no one would know any better.

Fig-D on
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Fig-D wrote: »
    There's no proof of anything at this point, really. Nathan Spencer could be the best character in the game and no one would know any better.

He did make Hitler's head explode. I mean, Cap punched out Hitler on the cover of his first book, but he didn't make his head explode. That's gotta count for something, somewhere.

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Why all the She-Hulk hate? Is there any proof that she sucks?

The player with the best music cannot suck. First team I play will be Iron Man/Ryu/She-Hulk.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    Mystic TerrapinMystic Terrapin Shelled Sorcerer Dark LandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm glad they brought back the character specific music.

Mystic Terrapin on
    Nintendo Network ID: Ghostosaurus
    3DS FC: 0774-4319-6018
    PSN:GallantJay
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    This may be the first fighter where I have no choice but to main Random.

And I love She Hulk thus far. Guy/Fuerte are my favorite character in Street Fighter. :D

Walt on