As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] The Confines || Game Over! Mafia Victory!

• ExtermatottExtermatott Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It is likely for their to be two guards?

Phyphor for now, but I'm afraid the mafia is leading us in the wrong direction.

Extermatott on
  • NodgarbNodgarb Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    schuss wrote: »
    I still say Roman. At least we've cleared Garick.

Did we clear Garick? I'm still not comfortable with his role. A vig contacted him, he called a kill that was a villager and a vig died by mafia hands. I don't think he's mafia, although the possibility exists in my mind. My un-coffee processed thought is that he' a neutral with his own goals.

Nodgarb on
  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Nodgarb wrote: »
    I still say Roman. At least we've cleared Garick.

Did we clear Garick? I'm still not comfortable with his role. A vig contacted him, he called a kill that was a villager and a vig died by mafia hands. I don't think he's mafia, although the possibility exists in my mind. My un-coffee processed thought is that he' a neutral with his own goals.

You might be right, but my suspicions are on roman first right now. Moving into second place would probably be phyphor at this juncture (unless he's the unluckiest guard ever at this point). Garick would probably be #3, tied with a few others.
    Doesn't really matter, as I'm probably next on the block if my suspicions are right around Roman (since a lot of others who've suspected him have been mafia'd).

schuss on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    mafia:

reg rysk
    cheez
    extermatott
    mr. d

M.D. on
  • pezzypezzy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    You might be right, but my suspicions are on roman first right now. Moving into second place would probably be phyphor at this juncture (unless he's the unluckiest guard ever at this point). Garick would probably be #3, tied with a few others.
    Doesn't really matter, as I'm probably next on the block if my suspicions are right around Roman (since a lot of others who've suspected him have been mafia'd).
    Agreed. I'm still on romanqwerty for now. I think phyphor will probably be my vote tomorrow unless something is unearthed tonight. :)

pezzy on
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Mr. D is so hard to get a read on. Perhaps we are better without him.

REG Rysk on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    see what I mean, mad I posted a list of all our names

M.D. on
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    why is phyphor suspicious?

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    1) It's somewhat unlikely for a bandwagon to switch from one village special to another (though the list of village specials is growing, we're at like 7 now)
    2) Two guards is also somewhat unlikely
    3) I got roleblocked and the other guard wasn't on to protect the seer

Phyphor on
    edited January 2011
    It seems we have a case of the good, the bad and the ugly, the problem is who is which. Phyphor, Romanqwerty, or Garick.

Extermatott on
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    ooOooOoo And I'm the Drop Dead Gorgeous. ooOooOoo

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

He claimed he was a guard two days ago and later claimed that he was role blocked (which is why kellie, our seer died). However, last night's kills show that Tipsy was a guard, and multiple guards are not common in vanilla games.

Whether Garick is mafia or not, town drunk's posting obviously showed he supported Garick's plan and then this happened before vote close-
    Kias wrote: »
    Garick wrote: »
    OK... at least 1 vig got in contact with me. I will be calling his kill after vote close. If the other vig who did not contact me could chose someone else to target so they don't waste their kill, that would be great.

/face palm

So, this is just as likely what led to losing our vig as the possibility that Garick is mafia baiting new players.

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It seems we have a case of the good, the bad and the ugly, the problem is who is which. Phyphor, Romanqwerty, or Garick.

Here's the thing. There are good reasons for why phyphor and garick are suspicious. But me? I haven't done or claimed anything? The troubling thing is that I think the mafia is keeping me at the forefront in order to have an easy bandwagon when one of my picks dies a villager.

tldr; Villagers, if you're voting me you're the biggest geese.

romanqwerty on
    edited January 2011

He claimed he was a guard two days ago and later claimed that he was role blocked (which is why kellie, our seer died). However, last night's kills show that Tipsy was a guard, and multiple guards are not common in vanilla games.

Whether Garick is mafia or not, town drunk's posting obviously showed he supported Garick's plan and then this happened before vote close-
    OK... at least 1 vig got in contact with me. I will be calling his kill after vote close. If the other vig who did not contact me could chose someone else to target so they don't waste their kill, that would be great.

/face palm

So, this is just as likely what led to losing our vig as the possibility that Garick is mafia baiting new players.

Unless Garick calls a kill again tonight (or something else surfaces), i'm voting him out tomorrow.

romanqwerty on
    edited January 2011

Here's the thing. There are good reasons for why phyphor and garick are suspicious. But me? I haven't done or claimed anything? The troubling thing is that I think the mafia is keeping me at the forefront in order to have an easy bandwagon when one of my picks dies a villager.

I'm not saying you are bad, you can be ugly. ;-)

Extermatott on
    edited January 2011

I'm not saying you are bad, you can be ugly. ;-)

I can live with that.....I hope...

romanqwerty on
    edited January 2011

You've just been very quick to point fingers and seize confusing situations, that's all. Now that I see all this though, I may vote Garick though, so you may just be the ugly...

schuss on
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Phyphor. Everyone ever is the silliest geese for believing his "I got roleblocked" bullshit yesterday. There is no chance in hell that there are two guards in a vanilla game.
    Thank you and goodnight.

Geese.

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    ...Geese.

ba-caw...

quack...

Wooonk...

What sound does a goose make anyway?

hissss?

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    All of those sounds and more.

There are approximately 5 hours left. Give or take.

lonelyahava on
  • cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Two things:

Garick is not cleared. All he proved was that he was in touch with a vig.

Be careful when you're making assumptions about things that must or must not be a certain way because it's a "vanilla game." There's no hard and fast definition to that. We can safely assume there won't be anything completely out of left field, but it's not like we can say a guard is vanilla and a bus driver is not.

cheez on
  • CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Alright, I was a bit inactive yesterday. But I'm caught up now. Phyphor's story seems way too sketchy.

If he turns out to be mafia, I would believe that Heffling and schuss seem to be encouraging the spread of this roleblock rumor. But I'm also not sure how new they are to phalla. It's also possible that they do not realize they are being influenced by the rumors. If there are multiple seers in the game, they would sound like good targets to me.

What is the order of actions? Do mafia kills take priority over other actions?

From the look of it, Vote -> Guard -> All other actions (mafia kills and vig kills simultaneously).

CaptainPlanet82 on
    Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Alright, I was a bit inactive yesterday. But I'm caught up now. Phyphor's story seems way too sketchy.

If he turns out to be mafia, I would believe that Heffling and schuss seem to be encouraging the spread of this roleblock rumor. But I'm also not sure how new they are to phalla. It's also possible that they do not realize they are being influenced by the rumors. If there are multiple seers in the game, they would sound like good targets to me.

From the look of it, Vote -> Guard -> All other actions (mafia kills and vig kills simultaneously).

I would hope so.

Someone should make a backwards phalla Vig>Guard>vote!

Actually nevermind

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, I might have gotten a bit carried away on that one, still not 100% sure on what "vanilla" constitutes. Target me if you want, but I assure you it would be a waste of time. I just have a lot of time to kill whilst queries run at work (and thus be posting a lot yo).

Changing to Garick from Roman, as I don't think Roman is a top target today and we all have to make our votes count before there's no one left.

schuss on
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm going to to with Garick. I'm getting an Ackbar vibe from him. But what do I know? :)

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited January 2011
    Garick- "Your Friends are walking into a trap."

*Cut*

Skarsol- "ITS A TRAP!"

Extermatott on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

Vote> Guard> Vig> Mafia>Other

lonelyahava on
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    !Phyphor and Garick seem like a no brainers at this point.

Heffling on
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Cheez is crafty and hard to read.

Zandracon on
  • CleonicusCleonicus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Go go gadget bandwagon

Phyphor

Cleonicus on
    Debate 'n' DeHockey team: Astronauts
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Should be caught up at this point

Phyphor

Green on
  • GarickGarick Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh, and obviously i'm not calling a kill anymore because nobody else contacted me. Actually at this point, I don't think there are even any more specials alive that it would matter if they contacted me.

Garick on
  • cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm special.

cheez on
    edited January 2011
    To the vig who wasn't bad,

The Cow King would make a very good target for death tonight.

romanqwerty on
    edited January 2011
    which one would that be roman? the one who killed our guard or the one who died?

Garick on
    edited January 2011
    which one would that be roman? the one who killed our guard or the one who died?

romanqwerty on
    edited January 2011
    Actually... what i'm curious about is why tipsy didn't guard our seer. Or say anything when another person claimed to be a guard. Guess we can't know cus he is dead but hmm.

Also, care to explain why you think Cow would be a good target Roman? You seem a much better one to me... we would get so much more information from your death.

That or any of the people voting for me... I hate to target new players, but i'm just getting this overwhelming feeling that one of them is, and catching that person would really reveal alot about the other mafia since he is undoubtedly copying their votes.

Last would be Zandra... what's with the no reasoning throwaway votes every day man? I don't think we would learn alot by killing him, but damn if that's not mafia behavior trying to stay as low as possible while not contributing anything.

Garick on
    edited January 2011
    Actually... what i'm curious about is why tipsy didn't guard our seer.
    My only guess is that he wasn't around in the last hour before vote close.
    Or say anything when another person claimed to be a guard. Guess we can't know cus he is dead but hmm.

Say it to who? And remember, two guards is very much possible.
    Also, care to explain why you think Cow would be a good target Roman?
    Have a look at his voting history. He's been on counter-wagons to Phyphor every time.
    You seem a much better one to me... we would get so much more information from your death.
    Everyone keeps saying this and it's bullshit. What information would we get from my death? I've done nothing but make arguments about things. If I die village, that doesn't mean i was right about my arguments. Same thing if i die mafia, I could (and likely would) be accusing some of my team-mates too.
    That or any of the people voting for me... I hate to target new players, but i'm just getting this overwhelming feeling that one of them is, and catching that person would really reveal alot about the other mafia since he is undoubtedly copying their votes.
    You're incredibly suspicious and I can't fault anyone for voting you. I'm happy to go into reasons why, but there's too much for this post.
    Last would be Zandra... what's with the no reasoning throwaway votes every day man? I don't think we would learn alot by killing him, but damn if that's not mafia behavior trying to stay as low as possible while not contributing anything.
    Zandracon always acts like this. Village or mafia. He is almost impossible to read and if we didn't have a huge number of better targets, he'd be a good choice.

romanqwerty on
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Doesn't he always do that though?

Phyphor on
    edited January 2011
    Roman... you are far to engrossed in this game to be a normal villager. Since all the other specials are dead that leaves mafia or vig.

Your posts would be entirely unnecessary if you were a vig, and almost all of your posts have been trying to manipulate people.

The mafia would have noticed this too, and either killed you for being a likely special, or... well, hopefully you see now why your death would tell alot.

Garick on