As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] The Confines || Game Over! Mafia Victory!

• cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    We began with 40 players, not 50. 1/8 would be 5 mafia, but that seems low.

cheez on
  • CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    schuss wants to just hide in the bandwagon tonight...Ok

CaptainPlanet82 on
    Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    schuss wants to just hide in the bandwagon tonight...Ok

Hey, if you want me to make a vote, I'd vote enlightenedbum, but I'm not really sure of myself at this point.

schuss on
    edited January 2011
    cheez wrote: »
    We began with 40 players, not 50. 1/8 would be 5 mafia, but that seems low.

Since they have two kills, it would make for a more even field. If we can catch and kill 5, we'll hopefully find out.

enlightenedbum is another good target besides my vote on schuss. It all comes down to which would clear up the most confusion if they turn up mafia.

EDIT: Seeing post 684 now makes me think schuss might just be a village silly goose. He has been going after enlightenedbum and Mr. Def a bunch among others on my list. hmmmm

CaptainPlanet82 on
    Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • NodgarbNodgarb Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    seeings how our great dead leader Roman named Enlightenedbum as a person of interest (R.I.P Roman, *sniff*, *sniff*) along with other factors, I think he's a good vote for the now. Pending 'direction' from our current leader of course.

Nodgarb on
    edited January 2011
    Nodgarb wrote: »
    seeings how our great dead leader Roman named Enlightenedbum as a person of interest (R.I.P Roman, *sniff*, *sniff*) along with other factors, I think he's a good vote for the now. Pending 'direction' from our current leader of course.

I forgot about that, as it was what initially piqued my interest in him. He was right about Exterma. In Roman's honor! (sorry about doubting you)
    Enlightenedbum

schuss on
  • pezzypezzy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Since they have two kills, it would make for a more even field. If we can catch and kill 5, we'll hopefully find out.

enlightenedbum is another good target besides my vote on schuss. It all comes down to which would clear up the most confusion if they turn up mafia.

EDIT: Seeing post 684 now makes me think schuss might just be a village silly goose. He has been going after enlightenedbum and Mr. Def a bunch among others on my list. hmmmm
    Yeah, I think schuss is safe - at least for now. I'm going for enlightenedbum

pezzy on
  • KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Suspecting me is silly as nothing I have said so far is incorrect or unreasonable (i.e. Garick not being confirmed). Then again, silly seems to be the theme of the week :)

Enlightenedbum works. May or may not be on later to read up on thread, though will try.

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

edited January 2011
    Alright, here's the post about romanqwerty which keeps getting mentioned. Post#538. It's not 100% but I had similar reasoning before noticing this post too.

enlightenedbum

CaptainPlanet82 on
  • ExtermatottExtermatott Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    OoOoOoO

I hate being mafia...

OoOoOoO

Extermatott on
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    !Kias for positioning.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Garick, because I don't like goosery.

REG Rysk on
  • NodgarbNodgarb Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    REG Rysk wrote: »

you're going to get vigged!

Oh wait.

Nevermind.

Nodgarb on
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hehehe.

REG Rysk on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    4 fours left.

The tension is killing me

lonelyahava on
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I prefer 3 threes.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    whats going on in here

M.D. on
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, I think enlightenedbum is the better of the two options.

cheez on
  • Alt_RavenAlt_Raven Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    schuss

Just in case

Alt_Raven on
    You touched my Tra-La-La!
    edited January 2011
    EBUM

M.D. on
  • GarickGarick Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    REG Rysk wrote: »

You should be voting for yourself then, because you are the silliest goose.

Enlightenedbum to avoid any vote shenanigans that the mafia might want to try... the large porton of voters on Enlightened worried me a bit at first, but after failing the brute force technique, it seems like they will want to blend back in as much as then can with the crowd... so there is at least *some* kind of plausible denial.

Garick on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    15ish minutes.

lonelyahava on
    edited January 2011
    Hmm, still several missing votes...

cheez on
    edited January 2011
    BOOM BOOM

M.D. on
    edited January 2011
    I don't see green? He missed yesterday completely, swore right after vote close that he's not inactive, then didnt' post at all again today?

Garick on
    edited January 2011
    Vote Closed.

Narration Incoming.

Inactivus Hungers...

lonelyahava on
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Inactivus may be paying a visit tonight.

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
    edited December 2012
    Treaty of the Confines, Article Seven

Wherein it become obvious that complete extermination of the Children of the Ancients is the only resolution for their crimes against the Newly Come, some leeway will be granted for the Ancient Ones. There shall be a selection of those given permission to remain in existence, but they will no longer be considered a protected class. There will be no more Confines. The Children of the Ancients will have the freedom to roam the world as they please, with the knowledge that they will forever be Hunted. There will always be the option, however, for a peaceful surrender to the Newly Come.

--So Signed, the Ancients

The effects of the battle were palpable within your makeshift cabin. There were the few of you that you knew here, Alejandro, Ilona, Danava, Jacques, Donovan, and yourself. Runners came back and forth at all times, trying to bring with them news of hope, but every day it was another disaster, another pitfall, another crushing blow dealt to the Children of the Ancients at the hands of the Newly Come. There were moments of quiet where the only noise that could be heard was the soft wails of Ilona, unusual enough, at the loss of every single one of her Sisters.

There were moments where the battle outside was deafening, when the windows rattled and it looked and felt as though the earth would come heaving up below you and crush you against the trees surrounding the cabin. You took the moments of quiet to walk around, to look at the walls of the cabin, to examine the ancient artifacts held here. There were photographs older than photography. Portraits of the very people, creatures, that were in the other room. And off into a corner, far from everything and everybody, far from windows and doors and anything but the glass case that held it, you saw it.

The Treaty of the Confines.

It was penned on something that looked like parchment, but had a rougher weave, papyrus? And the ink had not even begun to fade. You read through the articles, read through the provisions that had been granted to the Newly Come. You read the troubles, the dangers, and the humiliation that had been felt by the Children as they were forced to sign each article, one at a time, signing away their freedoms, their rights, their existence, their history, their lives, all for the sake of being allowed to continue. It all seemed to senseless. Why would the Newly Come force such a Treaty? Why would the Children sign it? Why not fight back? Why not fight to the last man and woman? Why not continue on with the war? Why settle for being cattle to those that could not even see in the dark?

“Because we grew tired. We fought for centuries before that Treaty. We owned and ruled vast swaths of land, we each had our own kingdoms, our own areas of control. And one by one we lost them. We were pushed and pushed and shrunk and pushed to this point. We had fallen so far from what we had been. We had no choice but to ensure the survival of our kind. They left us no choice but to sign, or be exterminated.”

You looked up as Alejandro walked into the room, answering the unspoken thoughts in your mind, you looked up at him as he talked and through his voice, his movements, and the emotions flooding through your connection to your Creator, you could feel the pain, the hatred, the memories of it all. You were joined by the others, all of you gathered around the Treaty and the overall feeling of the room was defeat and determination. An Odd combination.

The door behind you burst open and you were the only one to look up. A ragged werewolf, singed on the fur, burnt around the tail, and with more slashed and scars than you knew were possible to have and still be in one piece. Alejandro sighed and simply nodded his head, the werewolf collapsed to her hind quarters and then onto the floor, exhausted as she delivered her report.
    Donovan had lost one of his units of sorcerers. His apprentices had fought hard at not fighting much but being supportive, and it had cost them dearly. Danava lost a unit, the redfires had fought valiantly, but unfortunately they were no match for the cold iron weapons of the newly Come. Another of Danava’s demons had simply vanished. One moment they were there, the next, there was no sign of them. And finally, Jacques had lost one more of his werewolf units. There was only one cavalry unit left on the battlefield.

Alejandro paused, nodded, and then sighed as the runner was given a fresh drink of water and then sent back to the fight. Alejandro had not taken his eyes from the Treaty, he could not seem to stop reading it over and over and over again. The others backed away, going back to whatever it was that they did, but you stayed with Alejandro, your Creator. You stayed by his side and you also looked at the Treaty. A voice so soft that you barely knew it was yours, though why you spoke it aloud when it appeared Alejandro could read your mind, seemed to fill the cabin with a question that everybody wanted to know the answer to.

“Why not invoke Article Seven?”

Alejandro took in a deep breath, although he did not have to, sharp and unnecessary. He glanced over at you, and then turned around to look at the others, who were all wondering the same thing. And then he released the breath and shook his head.

“No. Not again. We conceded once to the Newly Come, we conceded to them once, we gave up our everything for the chance to simply exist. We bowed to their rules, their laws, their teachings, all for the chance at survival. No. Not again. I will no bow before them again. I will not kneel at their feet and prostrate myself as they dictate the terms of my future. Not again. We fight. We fight to the last of us. We fight until there is nothing left to fight against. I will not be caged again. We fight.”

Results:

Enlightenedbum; demon; vote
    Pezzy; werewolf; mafia
    Captainplanet; sorcerer; mafia
    Green; demon; Inactivus

lonelyahava on
    edited January 2011
    reg is the demons hunters!

M.D. on
    edited January 2011
    Wow... and it isn't over? I guess we can now make 0 mistakes.

Garick on
    edited January 2011
    Well... i'll go with Kias. after that schuss seems good.

Garick on
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I've voted Kias before, not sure why I shouldn't again!

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited January 2011
    I'm telling myself that Garick will be mafia at the end of this. The quick posts make me believe it is so.

I feel like I'm watching Nega Burnage from Phallstars all over again.

REG Rysk on
    edited January 2011
    Man... if my telling everyone to vote for a mafia (and he was mafia) got your panties in that much of a bunch that you don't even want to play anymore, why don't you just withdraw from the game instead of making a throwaway vote every day? Honestly...

Garick on
    edited January 2011
    Wait... something is nagging in my head, I can't put my finger on it, but i'm changing my vote to schuss first, kias is still very highly probable though.

Garick on
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    schuss seems more probable than Kias right now. Can't put my finger on why right now.

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
    edited January 2011
    ... =P

Garick on
    edited January 2011
    Awesome, we lose if you guys are so convinced I'm mafia. garick, for losing faith in me.

schuss on
    edited January 2011
    OK, now that I've had some coffee and survived the snowy commute -
    I think we should pay attention to those who have tried to fade themselves into the woodwork. I've always explained my thinking and often gone against the grain. If I was truly mafia, one would think I would be more subtle or sensible with my choices, as well as not voting early or drawing attention to myself.
    Late voters and infrequent posters are who we're looking for here.

Special bonus theory of hubris:
    Mr. D
    Note that all of these players are either still in the game, or were mafia.

schuss on
  • Alt_RavenAlt_Raven Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    How many Mafia can we speculate are left in the game?

Alt_Raven on
    You touched my Tra-La-La!