As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[SUUuuuUUPER MEAT BOY!] Level editor beta released on Steam!

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    They have explicitly stated that there is officially 0% chance of it ever coming to PS3. It was in the terms of their agreement with Microsoft.

joshofalltrades on
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Thanks for the vid, beat him.

The Kid's first level is made of evil and sin.

Houn on
  • AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh sweet jesus.

Why is my super meat boy game suddenly showing serious artifacting? o_O

Sometimes it's okay when I start it but most of the time there is terrible artifacting.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    They have explicitly stated that there is officially 0% chance of it ever coming to PS3. It was in the terms of their agreement with Microsoft.

Ah, I figured it was something like that. Well the Wii will have to do for my second purchase of this game.

Icemopper on
  • SeanronSeanron GlasgowRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The whole of The Rapture can just suck a turd to a point and stab itself with it, I haven't skipped any levels in the previous worlds, but some of these just seem ludicrous to me! I've skipped three already...

And I LOVE it!

Seanron on
    PSN: Seanron - XBL: Seanron - Steam: Seanron
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Man I dunno. They'd better have something really unique with the Wii version for me to buy the game for a 4th time. Leaderboards don't count.

joshofalltrades on
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Mario avatar?

I doubt they'll have any Nintendo-licensed characters, but it would be neat if they did.

Icemopper on
    edited January 2011
    Ehhhh. All of my favorite indie characters are already in one version or the other, with the exception of Iji. They would really have to surprise me.

joshofalltrades on
  • ArcturasArcturas Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Booyah! Finally finished the LW of cotton alley! Good god that repulsor stage was a @&$)#. Now to run through the various DW's and A+ LWs and such.

Arcturas on
  • AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Man I dunno. They'd better have something really unique with the Wii version for me to buy the game for a 4th time. Leaderboards don't count.

How'd you manage to buy it 3 times already anyway? 360, PC, and...?

Adus on
    edited January 2011
    The non-Steam PC version through Direct2Drive. Then the Steam version was as cheap as a wooden nickel, so I got that so I could actually compete on PC leaderboards and get the headcrab. Then they made the Goo Ball available on Steam anyway, so it totally negated my first purchase. Oh well, they deserve my monies.

joshofalltrades on
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ehhhh. All of my favorite indie characters are already in one version or the other, with the exception of Iji. They would really have to surprise me.

Wasn't Iji the one that can't, like, jump and move forward at the same time?

Or was that just jump and kick at the same time?

Burtletoy on
    edited January 2011
    The kick one

Which was okay because I didn't invest any points in that skill anyway

joshofalltrades on
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Anything interesting in that little update that downloaded a minute ago?

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    edited January 2011
    On the 360? It might just be the update they've been trying to push through since release.

joshofalltrades on
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    ...Yeah, I should've been more specific. I meant the computer version. Just had saw Steam pop up saying that it had finished downloading SMB.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    edited January 2011
    It's probably just clearing crap scores and maybe some code to prepare for the Portal and Level Editor. It can't actually be the Editor though, since they said yesterday they expect about two weeks and he's still working on the backend for the Portal.

joshofalltrades on
    edited January 2011
    Here's the official word.
    The Steam patch was a few small fixes and the addition of ULTRALOW detail setting for people who have really shitty pcs :)

joshofalltrades on
  • Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Just reached Cotton Alley. Feeling pretty faux-badass. :D

Any time I get tired of dying, I just listen to a little music and it gets me primed for another session. :P

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • proyebatproyebat GARY WAS HERE ASH IS A LOSERRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Josh where did you get that picture? It looked BADASS until did a double take at bandage girl. She looks like ONE BIGASS DODGEBALL.

proyebat on
    455Bo4O.png
    edited January 2011
    Team Meat hired the guy who made this amazing image:

supermeatboyrealistic.jpg

to make the box art for the PC retail version. Except for the Russian version, which will look like this:

ArtSuperMeatBoy(1).png

The Russian retail release will be the first.

joshofalltrades on
  • proyebatproyebat GARY WAS HERE ASH IS A LOSERRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    srsly is the story going to change to reflect that amazing box cover?

proyebat on
    455Bo4O.png
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Saving this second post for future potential LPs

ooh ooh let me help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUDBLocjuac

Rent on
    edited January 2011
    Rent wrote: »
    Saving this second post for future potential LPs

ooh ooh let me help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUDBLocjuac

Dammit Rent I already saw this abomination in the LP thread

Hey guys, there's a shitload of other amazing Russian box art on Team Meat's blog right now, you should go check it out

joshofalltrades on
  • ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I don't think I am ever going to beat level 15 in cotton alley. Fuck those homing mouth missiles.

ghost_master2000 on
    edited January 2011
    Four-letter word.

Just...just...fuck.

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    haha, I tried it a few times just to see what it was about. Got about 6 levels up within a few minutes. Not sure how high it goes though. Still have 2 or 3 to complete before I get to that one (not counting 15, ARGH!)

ghost_master2000 on
    edited January 2011
    It goes far enough up that I'm having trouble memorizing the timing.

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    This game does an incredibly good job of not making you want to play it anymore, picked it back up after a week, finished level 4 of the end, now I am stuck on 5, I just can't get a consistent timing down on the whole start, and the leap between blades and everything. But really, starting at the monochrome screen with the dull music play really turned me off, now my hands can rest at least.

Fizban140 on
    edited January 2011
    Be a man

joshofalltrades on
    edited January 2011
    You must be swift as a coursing river
    With all the force of a great typhoon
    With all the strength of a raging fire
    Mysterious as the dark side of the moooooooon

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
    edited January 2011
    Boy was Fiz a fool in school for cutting gym

joshofalltrades on
    edited January 2011
    This Fetus got him scared to death

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
    edited January 2011
    The music, the black and white...it gets in your head.

Fizban140 on
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The music is, like, the best fucking part of the game.

Burtletoy on
  • UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Strange that Microsoft didn't prevent them from going the Wii-ware route. Maybe MS doesn't consider it to be a threat to their sales?

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
    edited January 2011
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    The music is, like, the best fucking part of the game.

Yeah the music is great, but this level made it hypnotic.

Fizban140 on
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Strange that Microsoft didn't prevent them from going the Wii-ware route. Maybe MS doesn't consider it to be a threat to their sales?

I thought it wasn't on psn because they asked Sony and they responded with "no we're not interested".

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Been playing this game the last few weeks in my spare time.

Done with Light World, including Cotton Alley. Working on Dark World - currently up to the middle of Dark World Rapture.

I don't even want to think about what Train Eater (cotton alley level) looks like on Dark World. It was pure fucking blind luck that I managed to get it the one time I succeeded.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The non-Steam PC version through Direct2Drive. Then the Steam version was as cheap as a wooden nickel, so I got that so I could actually compete on PC leaderboards and get the headcrab. Then they made the Goo Ball available on Steam anyway, so it totally negated my first purchase. Oh well, they deserve my monies.

The non-Steam PC version doesn't have leaderboards? Then why would anyone ever want to get that one? Or why not give a Steam key when buying outside of Steam?

Peewi on