As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cat chewed through another cord... Universal AC Adapter question!

urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R haterRegistered User regular
edited January 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey guys,

So my sister's cat chewed through yet another cord in our office. Unfortunately it was the mouse charger for my wife's brand new mouse I bought her for Christmas. But enough of the back story--

The device says it needs 600mA, and we found this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Power-Line-0900-74-Universal-Adapter/dp/B000QDZ4CU/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

It looks like it has the correct head that we need for her mouse, but there is one thing we aren't sure about. The voltage settings on the device asks for a 5.3V... But the voltage settings for the AC Adapter we're looking into says it has: 3V, 4.5V, 6V, 7.5V, 9V, and 12V. Will the 4.5V be enough to charge her mouse batteries, or is that wishful thinking?

Thanks for your help!

urahonky on

• Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It may be enough to charge the batteries, but it may take a bit longer than what is advertised. That shouldn't be a problem if you're just using it to charge a battery.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I was more worried about breaking the mouse, since it's brand new and kinda slick. I think we can wait a few more hours to get fully charged.

urahonky on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    If everything fits, then yeah, you should be okay with the lower voltage. What kind of mouse is it?

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    CreidhesCreidhes Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    In relation to this post, plastic cord protectors (bascially just slit aquarium tubing) are super cheap. They are available online and at Petsmart. The ones at Petsmart are slightly citrus scented (a serious cat deterrent).

Creidhes on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    My cats eat oranges. :(

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    bowen wrote: »
    My cats eat oranges. :(

There are some which have capacin mixed into the plastic,I believe.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Mom2KatMom2Kat Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah just getting some flexiable plastic tubing and slitting it will help. Or you can even go rabbit prooffing and use abs tubes along the base boards. I actually have all my cables behind a board on my desk to keep Stasha Wabbit from eating another set of headphones!

Mom2Kat on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    bowen wrote: »
    If everything fits, then yeah, you should be okay with the lower voltage. What kind of mouse is it?

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-BlueTrack-Technology-Recharging-5AA-00001/dp/B001F7AP1Q/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1295650366&sr=8-5

That's the mouse, and I think it's really cool with the blue LED on the bottom.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I'll look into the plastic wire covers... We'll see if it helps! She's a crazy cat so I'm assuming she'll take it like a challenge.

urahonky on