As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel Solicits for April 2010

FuruFuru Registered User regular
edited January 2011 in Graphic Violence
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=30384

Less Fear Itself tie ins than you'd think, end of Age of X, mysterious classified Spider-Man solicits, and Kieron Gillen starts his Uncanny X-Men run

Also I swear to god I'm not going to buy Wolverine & Juiblee.

WOLVJUB004_COV.jpg

GODDAMNIT

Furu on

• MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Dangit Furu, I was just working on an new thread. I'ma post it anyway.
      U.S. Agent assembles a new team of
    Thunderbolts!
    1qid1w.jpg
    CBR wrote:
    THUNDERBOLTS #156
    Written by JEFF PARKER
    Penciled by KEV WALKER
    Cover by JEAN-SEBASTIEN ROSSBACH
    Lines are drawn and secrets are revealed as the darkl
    PROVING GROUND sets off. The Raft is full of action as candidates vie for selection on the second squad of Thunderbolts, BETA TEAM! The main team isn't too happy about Warden Walker's initiative to expand their ranks, but even they are curious: out of the Marvel Universe vast pool of powerhouse criminals, who will make the cut? Many are called, but in this issue few are chosen!
      John Ostrander writes a supersized team-up between the Punisher and Spider-Man!
    2rcll5x.jpg
    CBR wrote:
    SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN #1000
    Written by JOHN OSTRANDER
    Penciled by MICHAEL RYAN
    Cover by PAOLO RIVERA
    Spider-Man and the Punisher take on the Russian mob! Vast amounts of drugs from overseas are flooding the streets, and the Punisher is ready to kill to stop the flow. But Spider-Man has a different approach…and when a Midtown High student gets caught up between the two crimefighters, it could mean life or death!
      Venom v.s. Kraven the Hunter!
    VENOM002_cvr.jpg
    CBR wrote:
    VENOM #2
    Written by RICK REMENDER
    Pencils & Cover by TONY MOORE
    A mysterious super villain has weaponized Antarctic. Vibranium to sell to dictators, madmen and terrorists across the globe. To stop this WMD, the US military unleashes the enhanced black ops agent Venom! First stop on his hunt: The Savage Land! But who’s hunting who? Venom soon discovers that death stalks these jungles; Kraven the Hunter stalks these jungles! Rick Remender (UNCANNY X-FORCE, PUNISHER) and Tony Moore (PUNISHER, The Walking Dead) give you ringside seats to the grittiest, down-and-dirtiest brawl of the year! Venom vs. Kraven the Hunter!
      Hulk becomes a secret agent! Skaar becomes King of the Savage Land! DEVIL DINOSAUR IS A DINOSAUR!
    HULKV2626_cov.jpg

SKAARKOTSL002_cvr.jpg
    CBR wrote:
    INCREDIBLE HULK #626 & #627
    Written by GREG PAK
    Pencils by TOM GRUMMETT
    Cover by JOCK (#626) &DOUG BRAITHWAITE (#627)
    Issue #627 Thor Goes Hollywood Variant by TBA
    MR. & MRS. HULK, Part 1 & 2
    See the Hulk as you’ve never seen him before: as an international super-spy! With Amadeus Cho as his guide, Hulk dons a tuxedo and enters into a world of espionage, only to find his opponent is…Red She-Hulk? And what happens when Betty finds a new man? Hint: it doesn't really go over that well…especially when that man is one of the Hulk's oldest foes!

SKAAR: KING OF THE SAVAGE LAND #1 & #2 (of 5)
    Written by Rob Williams
    Pencils by Brian Ching (#1)
    Cover by Michael Komarck &ED McGUINNESS
    Variant Cover by BILLY TAN
    The Son of Hulk conquers a new world! Though Ka-Zar has long ruled the Savage Land, a battle for dominance is coming, and Skaar is not the only contender. It’s dinosaurs, giant robots and an ancient evil mastermind in Marvel’s finest jungle adventure tradition that will redraw the map of the Savage Land forever!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99
      Marvel releases a ton of Captain America and Thor shit! Some of it looks pretty good!
    CAPAFA001b_cvr.jpg
    CBR wrote:
    CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIGHTING AVENGER #1
    Written by BRIAN CLEVINGER
    Pencils by GURIHIRU
    Covers by GURIHIRU & BARRY KITSON
    Captain America’s Day One!
    He’s got the strength. He’s got the training. But has he got what it takes? A ragtag Special Forces unit takes Captain America on his first mission of World War II. Their orders? Don’t get him killed! But when the low-profile assignment draws the attention of Baron Strucker, the future Red Skull and half the Nazi army, it’ll be a crash course in super heroics for Marvel’s first Avenger!

Munch on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm glad Fighting Avenger is finally launching!

Also Marvel recycles the canceled Young Allies cover for Onslaught Unleashed

Furu on
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    fuck yes Thunderbolts, Hulk, and Venom

Antimatter on
    edited January 2011
    Not enough people are noticing that the writer of Chew is doing a three part Spider-Man/Deadpool/Hulk story
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #38
    Written by JOHN LAYMAN
    Penciled by LEE GARBETT
    Cover by STEVE MCNIVEN
    "IDENTITY WARS," A THREE-PART ANNUAL EVENT STARTS HERE!
    In a perfect world, what could possibly go wrong?
    An exciting new story by Eisner Award Winning writers JOHN LAYMAN (Chew) and LEE GARBETT (Batgirl).
    Peter Parker thinks life couldn’t get any better—until an explosion at Horizon Labs plummets him (along with Deadpool and Hulk) into another dimension where The Amazing-Spider is the world’s most powerful and beloved hero and Peter Parker is a billionaire mogul playboy (with surprises in his supporting cast). Will Peter discover the price for perfection? And what dreams come true does this dimension hold for Deadpool and Hulk? Find out as the story continues in their respective Annuals in May and June.
    40 PGS./Rated A …$3.99

Furu on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I know I'm late, but I am excited enough about Age of X that I'm having to fight with myself to keep from buying the singles. Also, the Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine seems like a really good deal.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I may get the trade of Remender's Venom. I have enjoyed every single thing he has written. I haven't read all of his stuff, but I have read most of it. I wish he was allowed to go nuts in the MU. He has some really fresh ideas.

DouglasDanger on
    edited January 2011
    Furu wrote: »
    Not enough people are noticing that the writer of Chew is doing a three part Spider-Man/Deadpool/Hulk story
    I noticed, but forgot because the cover wasn't too interesting.

I may pick it up, just to see how Layman handles superheroes. His Marvel Zombies/Army of Darkness comic was pretty cool, so I have high hopes.

Munch on
    edited January 2011
    Oh, and the last issue of the republished Casanova! So I can buy the trades some time probably six months after that! And the solicit mentions a lead-in story to Casanova volume 3. And it says volume 3 ships in the summer!

I'll believe it when I see it in my hands.

DouglasDanger on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Everyone's missing the most important solicit, a lost issue from Nicieza's 1st Thunderbolts run:
    Thunderbolts: From The Marvel Vault
    Written by FABIAN NICIEZA
    Penciled by DEREC DONOVAN
    Cover by LEE WEEKS
    ANOTHER TREASURE FROM THE VAULTS! Travel back to the early days of The Thunderbolts, as Moonstone has returned home to atone for her former sins, while Jack “NOMAD” Monroe looks for revenge! As any T-Bolt knows, it’s tough to forgive and forget! Get caught up on this lost T-Bolts tale from Fabian Nicieza and Derec Donovan!
    32 PGS./One-Shot/Rated T+ …$2.99

So that's somewhere around the #35-50 issue mark.

Other than that:

Thunderbolts
    X-Men Legacy
    Uncanny (it's been so long)
    Ultimate Spider-Man
    Heroes for Hire
    Gurihiru Cap one-shot (thought it was a mini)
    Annihilators

That's the biggest pull list I've had from Marvel for months.

Is Marvel really slowing down their TPB program this long? Doomwar came out in hardcover 3 months ago, and now 4 months later it finally gets a TPB.

TexiKen on
    edited January 2011
    If you're getting Legacy you might as well get New Mutants too dude

Furu on
    edited January 2011
    And then what, the Age of X Alpha and Omega issues? The Age of X Universe? Where does it end Furu? Where does it end?

TexiKen on
    edited January 2011
    Yeah this is kind of an all or nothing thing since Carey's writing the other books too. You might as well get all of them instead of one part of a story.

Although Universe probably isn't necessary

Furu on
    edited January 2011
    Bartoc's mustache is amazing in that cover.

DouglasDanger on
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    As much as i love Secret Avengers, is there a need for a Secret Avengers 12 and a 12.1?

Karl on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Venom actually looks cool, and that is a great cover

Solar on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I may get the trade of Remender's Venom. I have enjoyed every single thing he has written. I haven't read all of his stuff, but I have read most of it. I wish he was allowed to go nuts in the MU. He has some really fresh ideas.

I like Fear Agent, but given what happened when he took over All-New Atom I would not really want him given free reign.

Wildcat on
    edited January 2011
    On the other hand, Remender's Punisher was pretty good.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
    edited January 2011
    Ah, Frankencastle? I will bow to your knowledge of the matter, as I haven't picked up a trade of that yet.

Wildcat on
    edited January 2011
    Frankencastle was so damn amazing. His pitch for Punisher, which he talked about on one of the comic podcasts was mind-blowing. He had this whole thing planned out, with Frank holding onto the stuff he stole out of the Avengers' supply room, using Pym Particles and ray guns and crazy stuff, and then using all of that stuff while he was Frankencastle, and then becoming a Spirit of Vengeance. He reasoned that the character would not limit himself to a 1911 and an m16 when he exists in the crazy Marvel Universe. And that Frank would eventually die.

He was curtailed by editors, because they didn't want Punisher playing that big of a role in the MU or something silly. I still hope for a What-If series.

DouglasDanger on
    edited January 2011
    The entire Franken-Castle story arc is contained in a single hardcover that is currently $26.25 on Amazon.com. It's 14 issues altogether, so that really is a steal.

wwtMask on
    edited January 2011
    Frankencastle was cool

Personally as much as I love the Punisher in gritland putting him in crazy situations really works with his grim and gritty past. Frank fighting Nazi Zombies and aliens and that kind of thing is just plain good entertainment.

Solar on
    edited January 2011
    Solar wrote: »
    Frankencastle was cool

Personally as much as I love the Punisher in gritland putting him in crazy situations really works with his grim and gritty past. Frank fighting Nazi Zombies and aliens and that kind of thing is just plain good entertainment.

Man, imagine a Punisher mini-series done by the Atomic Robo crew. Or a Punisher/Agents of Atlas crossover by Jeff Parker.

wwtMask on
    edited January 2011
    wwtMask wrote: »
    The entire Franken-Castle story arc is contained in a single hardcover that is currently $26.25 on Amazon.com. It's 14 issues altogether, so that really is a steal.

What can I say? I'm poor at the moment (paying off a mondo computer upgrade). I'll grab it at some point though.

Wildcat on
    edited January 2011
    Solar wrote: »
    Frankencastle was cool

Man, imagine a Punisher mini-series done by the Atomic Robo crew. Or a Punisher/Agents of Atlas crossover by Jeff Parker.

Yeah that would be awesome

Especially if the Atomic Robo crew got hold of it

Solar on
    edited January 2011
    Just imagine Remender's Spirit of Vengeance Deathlok Punisher using pym particles while doing all of that stuff.

DouglasDanger on
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Wonder what is going on in Sigil. Looks like some world hopping...

but using El Cazador is interesting. That wasn't a sigilverse-related title, was it?

Tomanta on
    edited January 2011
    Scott Wegener did draw part of a Punisher arc. It was the one with Kraven Jr. and the Rhino.

Munch on
  • RansRans Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    where the hell are the DC solicits

Rans on
  • Futt BuckerFutt Bucker CTRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Tomorrow at 5.

At least that's what a dude on another forum is saying.

Futt Bucker on
    My color is black to the blind
  • Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Wow, the new Venom as a U.S. Black-ops agent? I can dig that.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I am so excited for Fighting Avenger and the new Venom. Shield Infinity could be pretty interesting too.

Hensler on
  • GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The lack of savage she hulks makes me :(

Like, the series isn't brilliant or anything, but it's a fun read with some interesting perspectives on super heroing, fitting in, juggling responsibilities and watching leera learn to fit into 21st century society is really fun.

Gaddez on
    edited January 2011
    It's a mini.

Furu on
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

I really hope they focus on the "secret agent" aspect of the character. Also, if they could find a way to keep the Venom of old (big, strong, drooly, hentai tongue,etc) out of it that would be best.

Gotta get into the shop this weekend and pick up #1.

Caveman Paws on
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

I really hope they focus on the "secret agent" aspect of the character. Also, if they could find a way to keep the Venom of old (big, strong, drooly, hentai tongue,etc) out of it that would be best.

They said we'll see some of the old venom the more the symbiote is in control.

Also, I couldn't figure it out - what is SHIELD Infinity?

cardboard delusions on
  • Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

It's out?

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
    edited January 2011
    Maybe?

My routine: I go in to pick up book X, it is or is not there and then I buy something else/geek out looking around at everything/trade jabs with the kid behind the counter for his taste in [whatever he brings up].

Caveman Paws on
    edited January 2011
    A trade for John Byrne's She-Hulk is listed, but they really recolored that first issue cover. This is something I've noticed in collections of some of the older works, say 15-20 years back. Ka-Zar had some recoloring on it, where they tried to change some of the coloring to mimic the rendering effect Marvel was using at that time. It's very apparent on dinosaurs and such. And even the Walt Simonson Thor Omnibus is going to get some pages recolored, although that seems to be at Simonson's discretion.

TexiKen on
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

It's out?

No I don't believe it will be out until February with the tie-in ASM.

cardboard delusions on
    edited January 2011

It's out?

No I don't believe it will be out until February with the tie-in ASM.

Well I was way off!

Caveman Paws on