As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2011 BYOC Info/FAQ - SOLD OUT!

• Options
    KnolandKnoland Hungry Hungry Hippo VermontRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I have a 24.6" monitor, could i bring that?

Knoland on
    PAX EAST 2014: Ticket/Enforcing[x] Hotel [x] Travel [x]
  • Options
    WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Knoland wrote: »
    I have a 24.6" monitor, could i bring that?

Oooo... someone might clock you for that .6" overflow... that's how Facebook gets you, periodic small changes so you'll notice less. Ima be sure to bring my ruler =P

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Next year I'll bring a 24.8", then a 25", all the way to 80".

Knoland on
  • Options
    El_GatoEl_Gato Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Are there any other Racing game fans out there? I just bought Dirt 2 and Need for Speed Hot Pursuit on Steam.

El_Gato on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    If anyone winds up with an extra BYOC ticket for whatever reason, could you shoot me a PM, I'm looking for one more.

Knoland on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Theres no ticket transfers allowed. All people can do is get refunds and the ticket will be released back into the general pool.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    FuzzDadFuzzDad Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Is there a waiting list for returned BYOC tickets...or will there be a "we have space because X number of people didn't show up" deal on day one? I have three tickets to PAX and had planned to go to the BYOC (as my son and I did last year) but missed the start date on registration. I'll bring our PC's just in case.

FuzzDad on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Any refunded tickets will go back into the general pool on the Lanfest site.

BigRed on
  • Options
    WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    BigRed wrote: »
    Theres no ticket transfers allowed. All people can do is get refunds and the ticket will be released back into the general pool.
    Any refunded tickets will go back into the general pool on the Lanfest site.

I think these should go in the OP, else people will ask 10x over....

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Options
    BarkBark Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Red, when I bought my tix for pax there was an option to specify the name for each person. I bought them for my son and I. The LAN party tix did not have that same option. Reading this leads me to think I may have a problem if they both come in my name. Help!

Bark on
    sl1ao1t19fl8.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Bark wrote: »
    Red, when I bought my tix for pax there was an option to specify the name for each person. I bought them for my son and I. The LAN party tix did not have that same option. Reading this leads me to think I may have a problem if they both come in my name. Help!

There is no problem, you will have to be the one to pick them up though

BigRed on
  • Options
    [H]olyGeekboy[H]olyGeekboy PAX dad and PC builder ClevelandRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2011

So in theory, you could have a ticket transfer on the order of "I bought a BYOC badge in my name, I get it in the mail, I give it to the person who needs it before PC check-in Friday morning."

I don't like the idea of scalping, but I do like the idea of someone who may not be able to go being able to give their badge to a dedicated BYOC'er from years past who didn't get one this time. I understand the registration system is run by Intel for our benefit, and in general it's great... but I would like it better if you could transfer passes as easily as you can the PAX badges.

EDIT: Did I forget a step where you have to pick up your BYOC badge by name at the checkin? Sorry, I participated in last year's check-in steps under duress. Need to find out how my friend tribunal88 is doing.

[H]olyGeekboy on
    p3HkbcM.png
  • Options
    BarkBark Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Thanks Red. I see now you answered this back on page 5. Sorry to waste your time.

Bark on
    sl1ao1t19fl8.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011

So in theory, you could have a ticket transfer on the order of "I bought a BYOC badge in my name, I get it in the mail, I give it to the person who needs it before PC check-in Friday morning."

I don't like the idea of scalping, but I do like the idea of someone who may not be able to go being able to give their badge to a dedicated BYOC'er from years past who didn't get one this time. I understand the registration system is run by Intel for our benefit, and in general it's great... but I would like it better if you could transfer passes as easily as you can the PAX badges.

EDIT: Did I forget a step where you have to pick up your BYOC badge by name at the checkin? Sorry, I participated in last year's check-in steps under duress. Need to find out how my friend tribunal88 is doing.

The no transfers allowed was my call. Sorry it can inconvenience people but we had to shut down the scalping when we could. The Intel system (and the fact you gotta pick up badges day of) let us get rid of 95% (its super effective!) of the scalping that was going on. It would be nice if transfers were easy but as you have seen the Scalpers have ruined that for everyone else. It has worked well for the 3 PAXes it has been in effect on so far.
    You can still get a refund for your ticket for what you paid for it up until a week before the event and those tickets will go back into the general pool for anyone to buy. This is the most fair solution for everyone.

BigRed on
  • Options
    StormWolfStormWolf Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    aaaaaaaw crap... You did the BYOC super early this year. I remember last year registration didnt start until middle of January...

Now I need to hope someone gets a refund at the exact moment Im checking the registration page..

PM me if you plan on refunding a BYOC :)

StormWolf on
  • Options
    jukeboxherojukeboxhero Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    To bad they are capping the limit so soon. If anyone is refunding l;et me know or perhaps if you'd like to simply make a little extra id be willing to buy your spot. shoot me a pm or email [email]email address removed[/email]

jukeboxhero on
  • Options
    KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Same on the refund thing. mikehfsc1 AT hotmail DOT com

Kilonum on
    JfqWFk8.png
  • Options
    TipperzackTipperzack Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    You can't buy tickets from other people. All you can do is buy a refunded ticket that went back into the general pool.
    What would be nice if someone that is refunding a ticket could tell us on the forum when it is being done so it could be a F5 race to get it.

What I dislike about this system is that there are people that buy tickets for events but never show. So there will be empty and wasted seats that someone else would really like to have.

Tipperzack on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited January 2011
    Okay guys, I understand that many of you are upset you didn't make it in before it sold out. Unfortunately, this is the BYOC Info and FAQ thread. So, please don't post if it's not related to the FAQ or getting/giving info.

Thanks for understanding.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    WackBagWackBag Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Just out of curiosity, and because I don't see it here (or I just flew by it). What is the official time of check-in for BYOC. The general FAQ has...
    What are the hours of PAX?
    EVENT HOURS
    Friday, March 11th - 10am to 2am
    Saturday, March 12th - 10am to 2am
    Sunday, March 13th - 10am to 7pm
    EXHIBIT HALL HOURS
    Friday, March 11th - 10am to 7pm
    Saturday, March 12th - 10am to 6pm
    Sunday, March 13th - 10am to 6pm

BYOC Check-in is Friday starting at Noon

Which doesn't make sense at all....I thought check in was earlier than Exhibit, or was this only for last year?

WackBag on
    Pax East 2014 checklist:
    3 Day Pass [X] - BYOC [X] - Accomodations [X] - Travel [ X ] - Time Off [ X ]
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Check in on Friday is most likely 2h before show opening. I will confirm this soon.

BigRed on
  • Options
    MastaChuncoMastaChunco Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    If tickets are refunded and added back into the pool how will that be announced? I would love a chance to go as I missed them going on sale. Went last year and had a blast.

MastaChunco on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    It wont be announced. Just check the site.

BigRed on
  • Options
    thorkonthorkon Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I refresh the site a few times everyday. May the best F5'er win.

Now back to building this 8bit PC so I can have it done if I by chance catch the site at the right time.

thorkon on
  • Options
    saidensaiden Registered User new member
    edited January 2011
    hello all i have a question for big red about the high power seating is there a list for that is it first come first serve or by case baisis i ask because the pc im bringing has a epower 2000 watt supply and that alone needs 2 plugs so the extra power would be nice
    thanks

saiden on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    There is no "High power seating". We have never had that.
    (other Intel LANfest events have before, not PAX though)
    the rules state:
    Socket Limit: Two (2) 110V sockets

So you will be unable to bring such a power supply unless you had 2 tickets bought for yourself.

BigRed on
  • Options
    FlaeorFlaeor Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Have there been any updates regarding seat reservations in BYOC? I have a group of 12 people and I think the minimum for seat placement was 6 last year (I only had 4 people last year). I'd like for all 12 of us to be able to sit together if at all possible, as I highly doubt we'll all arrive at the same time. Thank you!!

Flaeor on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Not yet, likely will happen after the first week in feb.

Although be warned that seat reservations are only held for a few hours after doors open, your group will have to get there before then (say.. 2pm on Friday)

BigRed on
  • Options
    FlaeorFlaeor Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Thanks for the info! Yes, we should all be there before then. If they don't that's their own fault haha thank you for the fair warning.

Flaeor on
  • Options
    ParagonAlleyParagonAlley Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Heads up: I just put in a request to cancel my BYOC registration, so a spot should be opening up soon, once that request has been processed.

ParagonAlley on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    There goes my sleep... Any hints when this will hit the pool?

MastaChunco on
  • Options
    benswimmingbenswimming PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    doesn't matter anyway they oversold by 2, it was at 218, now 217, when he sells it back it will still be 216, which is the limit. Not until 215 will it open back up.

benswimming on
    PAX EAST 2011 Omeganaut
    Twitter: sweeneyben
    XBL: Disco Ball
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Due to the reg error that was discussed earlier in this thread (It had to do with echecks via paypal and them all clearing at the exact same time, which is why it was at 218 seats) Tickets aren't going to be made available for the general pool until its under 216.
    With Paragon's refund it will put the # right at 216.

You are going to have to wait for another refund to be able to snatch up a ticket :)

BigRed on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Son of a... set me up a chair in the corner. I have a laptop I will bring batteries lol.

Is this the page that will open back up:
    https://lanfest.intel.com/?page=event&sub=register&eventid=1581

I will create a parse script tomorrow to email me when this opens back up so I can stop stressing out.

Chunco-

MastaChunco on
  • Options
    Brian4120Brian4120 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    f5 until it opens derp

Brian4120 on
    I'M HALPING!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Yeah I prefer my computer to f5 for me... derp back at yah killer.

MastaChunco on
  • Options
    TheTerribleManTheTerribleMan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So what games can we expect to see in BYOC? I'm thinking:

* SC2
    * LoL
    * L4D/L4D2
    * CoD : MW2/CoD : BO
    * BF:BC2

What else? Do I need to buy and figure out how to play MNC?

TheTerribleMan on
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Inevitably there will be some TF2

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    There will likely be some MNC going on.