As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's never Lupus

SolarSolar Registered User regular
edited February 2011 in Social Entropy++
Apart from that one time...

u4hsp.jpg

House is a TV drama which happens to be set in a hospital about the brillaint but misanthropic diagnostician Greg House MD. A lovable jerk with a drug problem, crippled leg, cane and a razor sharp mind, House is played by the great Hugh Laurie and is the core to this fantastic show.

House's long suffering friend (James Wilson, played by Robert Sean Leonard), employees (Eric Foreman, Robert Chase and Alison Cameron, played by Omar Epps, Jesse Spencer and Jennifer Morrison as well as others) and boss (Lisa Cuddy, played by the ultra-hot Lisa Edelstein) all are sucked in the vortex of his life with consequences which range from the hilarious to the harrowing.

And I recieved the entire first six season from Christmas which I have now managed to watch due to extreme boredom at University. But no loss for me, because House is some of the greatest TV there is around right now. I have also seen a few episodes from Season 7 and I really like it so far.

So yes, what do people think of this wonderful super-show?

Solar on

• LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Last night's episode was pretty weak.

LTM on
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    this is a good show

for me to poop on!!

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    olivia wilde is super pretty and amber tamblyn is adorable

PiptheFair on
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I liked the first season or two I guess

Then I saw the season premiere of this new one and it was just House and Cuddy fucking for 55 minutes or whatever.

Also there was a machine that let House and Co read somebody's mind with thermal imaging or some shit.

Clint Eastwood on
  • IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I haven't been watching this show as much ever since the new season relationship thing.

Isoldae on
    xet8c.gif
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I like this show.

Sheri on
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    this is a good show

for me to poop on!!

a+

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • SwillSwill Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    how many characters on this show are bangable

give me a number people

Swill on
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Swill wrote: »

give me a number people
    pretty much all of them

no ugly people go to medical school

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
    edited January 2011

give me a number people

basically all of them no homo

PiptheFair on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I liked the first season or two I guess

Then I saw the season premiere of this new one and it was just House and Cuddy fucking for 55 minutes or whatever.

Also there was a machine that let House and Co read somebody's mind with thermal imaging or some shit.

Yeah the mental imaging thing was pretty lame because it took the show past the amazing but real into the unbelieveable.

Fortunately it only happened once

Solar on
    edited January 2011
    I do not, however, like the child-genius girl

I find her obnoxious.

Sheri on
    edited January 2011

give me a number people

There are really no females on this show whoI would not bang

And probably a few males

And Sheri is right the child genius girl is lame

However I do like House and Cuddy together at last

Solar on
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I enjoy it for the most part but make no effort at all to follow it. If it's on, I'll watch.

A lot of that comes from the show being really rather formulaic. So, by not over exposing myself to it, I get to enjoy it. I think if I watched it every week I'd lose my mind.

Patient gets sick
    House gets snarky
    Patient gets the opposite of better
    House gets smart
    Team gets to try all kinds of things
    House gets to point out that he was right all along
    Cuddy gets boned by House
    Guy from dead poet's society gets a headache

But yes, it's fun TV for the most part.

DrZiplock on
  • SwillSwill Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    get a tattoo on the inside of your lower lip pip

let it say

"no homo"

Swill on
    edited January 2011
    it is important to note

that

I am not gay!

PiptheFair on
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    If you're hungover, this is a pretty good show to splay out on the couch and eat scrambled eggs to.

Poorochondriac on
    edited January 2011
    DrZ I think you are right

except to me the medical stuff is pretty irrelevant. It's just a framing device

It's the interactions between the various characters which make this show good

Solar on
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I think Amber Tamblyn is kind of annoying in this, but I'm a few episodes behind so maybe I'll like her better as I catch up

Also I don't watch this show for the medical stuff at all

It is carried entirely on Hugh Laurie doing what he does and I will watch it until cancellation just for that reason

Grey Ghost on
    edited January 2011
    If you're hungover, this is a pretty good show to splay out on the couch and eat scrambled eggs to.

Assisted by the fact that there's always a House marathon on a channel somewhere, so you don't have to get up all day.

LTM on
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    All of them are bangable (except Foreman).

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
    edited January 2011
    Tagging onto Zip's post, my mom refuses to watch House anymore, even though we used to watch the first two seasons together, every episode.

Every time I mention it, she's like, 'The same thing happens every episode! Someone gets sick, they do something, the patient gets sicker, they do something else, the patient gets sicker, then they finally figure it out and they're okay! Every single time they have to almost kill someone to cure them!'

I've tried explaining that it's the foundation of interesting things like character development but she just doesn't listen

Sheri on
    edited January 2011
    Foreman is funny because he is such a miserable ass

and he wants so bad not to be

But he can't help it

Solar on
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Sheri wrote: »
    Tagging onto Zip's post, my mom refuses to watch House anymore, even though we used to watch the first two seasons together, every episode.

Every time I mention it, she's like, 'The same thing happens every episode! Someone gets sick, they do something, the patient gets sicker, they do something else, the patient gets sicker, then they finally figure it out and they're okay! Every single time they have to almost kill someone to cure them!'

I've tried explaining that it's the foundation of interesting things like character development but she just doesn't listen

dude this is precisely why I don't watch house anymore

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
    edited January 2011
    LTM wrote: »

Assisted by the fact that there's always a House marathon on a channel somewhere, so you don't have to get up all day.

Exactly.

You get me, LTM

Poorochondriac on
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    He's cool, just not fuckable.

Also the worst thing to do is watch this show with an actual doctor. My mom came and sat with me once while I was watching house and had a :[ face for like fifteen minutes before she just got up and left.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Even Taub?

Grey Ghost on
    edited January 2011
    The medicine could be entirely made up for all I care

Differentials are there for House to abuse those around him, not make medical decision

Same with every time he goes to Cuddy to get permission for a crazy procedure. I don't give a shit about the procedure I just think House insulting her is amusing.

Solar on
    edited January 2011

Are you my mother, WaM?

Sheri on
    edited January 2011

To be fair to your mom, the character development on this show is shallow as FUCK.

All changes are temporary at best, and shallow at worst.

How long did it take Taub to finally break it off with his wife? How long did they drag out that incredibly thin/obvious conflict?

Poorochondriac on
    edited January 2011

Are you my mother, WaM?

I didn't know how to tell you before

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
    edited January 2011

Are you my mother, WaM?

Sweet

Does that mean I get to play with Frodo

Family pet and all that

Sheri on
    edited January 2011

Are you my mother, WaM?

Sweet

Does that mean I get to play with Frodo

Family pet and all that

Watch out sheri, porphyria.

LTM on
    edited January 2011
    no he is mine

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
    edited January 2011
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Even Taub?

No.

And yeah the character development on this show is pretty terrible! They've hit the reset button one too many times for me to care about anyone besides House and Wilson.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    edited January 2011
    no he is mine

I hate you, mother

Sheri on
    edited January 2011
    I don't really think they have hit the reset button that much

and for me the show is all about House anyway and I think he does evolve over the seasons

Solar on
    edited January 2011
    I'm just frustrated that they replaced Thirteen with that obnoxious brainiac kid

I really don't like her

Sheri on
  • IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    House, Wilson, and 13 are the only characters that seem to have interesting interactions anymore.

Isoldae on
    xet8c.gif
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited January 2011
    Taub is the worst

DJ Eebs on