As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]ified

• GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Actually, my dark secret is that I haven't been able to properly get into Majora's Mask because I found the graphics to be bad. Weird, huh? It's just something about the city and how it's laid out that makes me uncomfortable.

Gim on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Gim wrote: »
    Actually, my dark secret is that I haven't been able to properly get into Majora's Mask
    NO

NO

WE CAN NEVER BE

Elendil on
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I was supposed to go to a barbeque today, but the dude who was hosting it seems to have disappeared. What's worse, it seems he's been gone for a week now, only nobody bothered to tell me.

How is your Memorial Day going, [Chat]?

Hacksaw on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Elendil wrote: »
    Of course, now it's night. But I found Richard!
    Yes?

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Richy wrote: »
    Yes?
    There is an obese woman in the back alleys who has been looking for you.

Elendil on
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Proto wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    I would happily give Nintendo full price for a OoT or MM remake with remastered graphics on a modern engine.

Just play twilight princess.

He said on a modern engine.
    my wit knows no end

Leitner on
    edited May 2007
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    I was supposed to go to a barbeque today, but the dude who was hosting it seems to have disappeared. What's worse, it seems he's been gone for a week now, only nobody bothered to tell me.

How is your Memorial Day going, [Chat]?
    The class went well. Health is getting better - I can eat with almost no ill-effects now. I'll try for a simple meal at the caf tonight. One of my three girls wrote me a very kind email last night, I'll reply later today and finally setup a first date this week.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Leitner wrote: »
    I would happily give Nintendo full price for a OoT or MM remake with remastered graphics on a modern engine.

my wit knows no end

go back to G&T you neeeeeeeerd!

Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
    edited May 2007
    Yes?
    There is an obese woman in the back alleys who has been looking for you.
    Well yeah, your mom put on some weight lately, but I wouldn't call her obese.

... maybe that's why she likes me more than you.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited May 2007
    Gim wrote: »
    Actually, my dark secret is that I haven't been able to properly get into Majora's Mask
    NO

NO

WE CAN NEVER BE

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hacks: I glamourized you.
    hacksawkleinud2.jpg

Gim on
  • ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Hmm. Neon Bible seems to grow on me with every listen.

Also:
    I can't believe I hadn't really listened to the Allman Brothers before. At Fillmore East rocks so hard.

Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007

my wit knows no end

I finished Twilight Princess and it was gorgeous. I don't know what you're talking about.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Am I supposed to die a lot at Puzzle quest?

_J_ on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Probably.

--

Man. What to eat. I have three rented anime to watch, but I have no idea what to munch on while I do.

Incenjucar on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    _J_ wrote: »

Yes.
    There is no penalty for death.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

edited May 2007
    _J_ wrote: »

Yes.
    There is no penalty for death.

I didn't think there was....but I also didn't expect to continually die to this skeleton.

_J_ on
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I die very rarely 8-)

Janson on
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

I finished Twilight Princess and it was gorgeous. I don't know what you're talking about.

It was a reference insinuating that the Wii is made from inferior components then the rest of this generation of consoles, hilarious don't you see?

Leitner on
    edited May 2007
    Janson wrote: »
    I die very rarely 8-)

What class?

_J_ on
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Twilight Princess is insane. I showed it to my cousin who is really into OoT and he was amazed at the world size/horseback fighting/game in general.

And I haven't played through MM. This is because I don't own it, and was only able to borrow it for a small time. I should probably fix this.

James on
    edited May 2007
    So, Hacksaw... good to see you're still a free man.

Feral on

• JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

It was a reference insinuating that the Wii is made from inferior components then the rest of this generation of consoles, hilarious don't you see?

Nintendo doesn't need hi-def because their games are so good.

James on
    edited May 2007
    James wrote: »

I don't even own an HDTV yet.

Feral on

edited May 2007
    I just finished playing through Contra and Super Contra for the NES.

So shut up with your fucking Wii and your virtual worlds and 3D controls. A side-scrolling button-pressing game is still good enough for me.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited May 2007
    I'll have to restart Twilight Princess. I beat the first dungeon (who couldn't?) and then a whole lot of freaky shit happened, and then I got up to where you learn to howl. And then I haven't play it in a long time.

That is one weird ass game.

Gim on
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007

TV that costs more than a car? I'll pass thanks.

ViolentChemistry on
    edited May 2007

Well, that's rather exaggerating unless you drive shitty-ass cars.
    I'm looking at spending around ~$700 on a TV by the end of the year. Still, graphics are getting to the point where getting any better is just diminishing returns as far as I'm concerned. I'm only going to pay so much attention to the bump maps of the dude who's shooting a rocket launcher at me.

Feral on

edited May 2007

Well, that's rather exaggerating unless you drive shitty-ass cars.
    I'm looking at spending around ~$700 on a TV by the end of the year. Still, graphics are getting to the point where getting any better is just diminishing returns as far as I'm concerned. I'm only going to pay so much attention to the bump maps of the dude who's shooting a rocket launcher at me.

But see, for that $700 I could get a pretty big non-HDTV, and size is more important than resolution for multiplayer gaming.

ViolentChemistry on
    edited May 2007
    Well, mostly I just want an LCD because I don't want to deal with moving a CRT around, and most LCDs are HD anyway.

Feral on

edited May 2007
    Well, mostly I just want an LCD because I don't want to deal with moving a CRT around, and most LCDs are HD anyway.

I want my videogames to encompass my entire living-room.

ViolentChemistry on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2007
    How good are HD LCDs these days? I was thinking about getting a 22" to use as a TV and a monitor when school starts, next semester.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited May 2007

As do I. This is why I've piled up some rocks on the north wall of my living room, bought a bunch of new trees to put in, and am planning to flood a corner of the room. I'm about to start a game of Legend of Zelda, you see.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited May 2007
    I'll get a wide-big-flat-screen HDTV when they're the only thing that is available.

And my current 24" 90s-style TV explodes.

Incenjucar on
    edited May 2007

As do I. This is why I've piled up some rocks on the north wall of my living room, bought a bunch of new trees to put in, and am planning to flood a corner of the room. I'm about to start a game of Legend of Zelda, you see.

I'll help! Let me place the Master Sword! Quick, turn around and bend over.

Edit: And you're going to need to stay there until a little boy with a silly green hat and pointy ears finds the sword.

ViolentChemistry on
  • OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    token post so that I can track this thread more easily

Oboro on
    words
    edited May 2007
    Elkamil wrote: »
    How good are HD LCDs these days? I was thinking about getting a 22" to use as a TV and a monitor when school starts, next semester.

They look pretty good to me.
    Were you looking for a more objective answer? I could google something involving contrast ratios and stuff, I guess.

Feral on

edited May 2007

I'll help! Let me place the Master Sword! Quick, turn around and bend over.

Edit: And you're going to need to stay there until a little boy with a silly green hat and pointy ears finds the sword.
    To I get to say "[SIZE=-1]It is dangerous to go alone! Take this." when the boy comes over to my pedestal?[/SIZE]

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited May 2007
    Oboro wrote: »
    token post so that I can track this thread more easily

Feral on

edited May 2007
    Hullo Oro.

--

Man, I'm bored, I am going for a walk.

Also because I need to get some food that isn't oat bran or whole wheat bread.

And then I will come back and watch anime while eating something unhealthy and leveling up my pokemans.

Incenjucar on
    edited May 2007
    Note to world: Do not allow graizur to breed.

Gim on
This discussion has been closed.