Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Chat]ified

• GimGim Grand Emperor-Captain of the USS Waterghazi Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Actually, my dark secret is that I haven't been able to properly get into Majora's Mask because I found the graphics to be bad. Weird, huh? It's just something about the city and how it's laid out that makes me uncomfortable.

F9RE9J8.png
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Gim wrote: »
    Actually, my dark secret is that I haven't been able to properly get into Majora's Mask
    NO

NO

WE CAN NEVER BE

Per3th.jpg
  • HacksawHacksaw J Duggan Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I was supposed to go to a barbeque today, but the dude who was hosting it seems to have disappeared. What's worse, it seems he's been gone for a week now, only nobody bothered to tell me.

How is your Memorial Day going, [Chat]?

• RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Elendil wrote: »
    Of course, now it's night. But I found Richard!
    Yes?

RichyFlag.gifsig.gif
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Richy wrote: »
    Yes?
    There is an obese woman in the back alleys who has been looking for you.

Per3th.jpg
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Proto wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    I would happily give Nintendo full price for a OoT or MM remake with remastered graphics on a modern engine.

Just play twilight princess.

He said on a modern engine.
    Spoiler:

edited May 2007
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    I was supposed to go to a barbeque today, but the dude who was hosting it seems to have disappeared. What's worse, it seems he's been gone for a week now, only nobody bothered to tell me.

How is your Memorial Day going, [Chat]?
    The class went well. Health is getting better - I can eat with almost no ill-effects now. I'll try for a simple meal at the caf tonight. One of my three girls wrote me a very kind email last night, I'll reply later today and finally setup a first date this week.

RichyFlag.gifsig.gif
  • ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Leitner wrote: »
    I would happily give Nintendo full price for a OoT or MM remake with remastered graphics on a modern engine.

Spoiler:

go back to G&T you neeeeeeeerd!

and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
    edited May 2007
    Yes?
    There is an obese woman in the back alleys who has been looking for you.
    Well yeah, your mom put on some weight lately, but I wouldn't call her obese.

... maybe that's why she likes me more than you.

RichyFlag.gifsig.gif
    edited May 2007
    Gim wrote: »
    Actually, my dark secret is that I haven't been able to properly get into Majora's Mask
    NO

NO

WE CAN NEVER BE

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hacks: I glamourized you.
    Spoiler:

F9RE9J8.png
  • ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Hmm. Neon Bible seems to grow on me with every listen.

Also:
    I can't believe I hadn't really listened to the Allman Brothers before. At Fillmore East rocks so hard.

and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

Spoiler:

I finished Twilight Princess and it was gorgeous. I don't know what you're talking about.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch, man" fallacy.
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Am I supposed to die a lot at Puzzle quest?

Seriously J not only are you a monumentally umpleasant person when you start uttering the nonsense that passes for philosophy in your mind (shame on whatever institution you graduated in, and shame on your tutors for creating such a monster), but your sense of humor, such as it is, is awful.
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar QA Tester -> Game Producer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Probably.

--

Man. What to eat. I have three rented anime to watch, but I have no idea what to munch on while I do.

freefallagentad_zps635a83ed.png
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    _J_ wrote: »

Yes.
    There is no penalty for death.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    edited May 2007
    _J_ wrote: »

Yes.
    There is no penalty for death.

I didn't think there was....but I also didn't expect to continually die to this skeleton.

Seriously J not only are you a monumentally umpleasant person when you start uttering the nonsense that passes for philosophy in your mind (shame on whatever institution you graduated in, and shame on your tutors for creating such a monster), but your sense of humor, such as it is, is awful.
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I die very rarely 8-)

sharasugar_80.png sharanomsugar_80.png
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

I finished Twilight Princess and it was gorgeous. I don't know what you're talking about.

It was a reference insinuating that the Wii is made from inferior components then the rest of this generation of consoles, hilarious don't you see?

edited May 2007
    Janson wrote: »
    I die very rarely 8-)

What class?

• JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Twilight Princess is insane. I showed it to my cousin who is really into OoT and he was amazed at the world size/horseback fighting/game in general.

And I haven't played through MM. This is because I don't own it, and was only able to borrow it for a small time. I should probably fix this.

edited May 2007
    So, Hacksaw... good to see you're still a free man.

• JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

It was a reference insinuating that the Wii is made from inferior components then the rest of this generation of consoles, hilarious don't you see?

Nintendo doesn't need hi-def because their games are so good.

edited May 2007
    James wrote: »

I don't even own an HDTV yet.

edited May 2007
    I just finished playing through Contra and Super Contra for the NES.

So shut up with your fucking Wii and your virtual worlds and 3D controls. A side-scrolling button-pressing game is still good enough for me.

RichyFlag.gifsig.gif
    edited May 2007
    I'll have to restart Twilight Princess. I beat the first dungeon (who couldn't?) and then a whole lot of freaky shit happened, and then I got up to where you learn to howl. And then I haven't play it in a long time.

That is one weird ass game.

F9RE9J8.png
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS
    edited May 2007

TV that costs more than a car? I'll pass thanks.

DAMM
    Drunks Against Mad Mothers
    edited May 2007

Well, that's rather exaggerating unless you drive shitty-ass cars.
    I'm looking at spending around ~$700 on a TV by the end of the year. Still, graphics are getting to the point where getting any better is just diminishing returns as far as I'm concerned. I'm only going to pay so much attention to the bump maps of the dude who's shooting a rocket launcher at me.

edited May 2007

Well, that's rather exaggerating unless you drive shitty-ass cars.
    I'm looking at spending around ~$700 on a TV by the end of the year. Still, graphics are getting to the point where getting any better is just diminishing returns as far as I'm concerned. I'm only going to pay so much attention to the bump maps of the dude who's shooting a rocket launcher at me.

But see, for that $700 I could get a pretty big non-HDTV, and size is more important than resolution for multiplayer gaming.

DAMM
    edited May 2007
    Well, mostly I just want an LCD because I don't want to deal with moving a CRT around, and most LCDs are HD anyway.

edited May 2007
    Well, mostly I just want an LCD because I don't want to deal with moving a CRT around, and most LCDs are HD anyway.

I want my videogames to encompass my entire living-room.

DAMM
  • ElkiElki hegemon globalSuper Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2007
    How good are HD LCDs these days? I was thinking about getting a 22" to use as a TV and a monitor when school starts, next semester.

edited May 2007

As do I. This is why I've piled up some rocks on the north wall of my living room, bought a bunch of new trees to put in, and am planning to flood a corner of the room. I'm about to start a game of Legend of Zelda, you see.

RichyFlag.gifsig.gif
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar QA Tester -> Game Producer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'll get a wide-big-flat-screen HDTV when they're the only thing that is available.

And my current 24" 90s-style TV explodes.

edited May 2007

As do I. This is why I've piled up some rocks on the north wall of my living room, bought a bunch of new trees to put in, and am planning to flood a corner of the room. I'm about to start a game of Legend of Zelda, you see.

I'll help! Let me place the Master Sword! Quick, turn around and bend over.

Edit: And you're going to need to stay there until a little boy with a silly green hat and pointy ears finds the sword.

DAMM
  • OboroOboro __BANNED USERS
    edited May 2007
    token post so that I can track this thread more easily

words
    edited May 2007
    Elkamil wrote: »
    How good are HD LCDs these days? I was thinking about getting a 22" to use as a TV and a monitor when school starts, next semester.

They look pretty good to me.
    Were you looking for a more objective answer? I could google something involving contrast ratios and stuff, I guess.

edited May 2007

I'll help! Let me place the Master Sword! Quick, turn around and bend over.

Edit: And you're going to need to stay there until a little boy with a silly green hat and pointy ears finds the sword.
    To I get to say "[SIZE=-1]It is dangerous to go alone! Take this." when the boy comes over to my pedestal?[/SIZE]

RichyFlag.gifsig.gif
    edited May 2007
    Oboro wrote: »
    token post so that I can track this thread more easily

edited May 2007
    Hullo Oro.

--

Man, I'm bored, I am going for a walk.

Also because I need to get some food that isn't oat bran or whole wheat bread.

And then I will come back and watch anime while eating something unhealthy and leveling up my pokemans.

edited May 2007
    Note to world: Do not allow graizur to breed.

F9RE9J8.png
This discussion has been closed.