As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Soy Un [Chat]edor

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I could be wrong though, but I totes agree with you Fartacus

Arch on
  • Options
    FartacusFartacus __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    Arch wrote: »
    I think it isn't that you misspoke, but rather vehemence and vitriol are not the proper rhetorical devices.

Depends on your audience and your goals :P

Fartacus on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Fartacus wrote: »
    I think it isn't that you misspoke, but rather vehemence and vitriol are not the proper rhetorical devices.

Hitting troglydytes just makes them rage more bro

or something

someone put a video game reference in there

Arch on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I thought Rifts had some of the coolest ideas. Worst fucking rule set. Ugh, hated it. Loved some of the covers on the books though.

I loved their new west and mexico settings, even wormwood was a cool concept. But yeah its a system that would have been almost better for just written books not rpg materials.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LindenLinden Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Bill maher is a fucking asshole

Sometimes, things just come together nicely.

Linden on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Today's awesome Spam subject line: "Become virile like a rabbit"

"Have compulsive sex that lasts about 5 seconds!"

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    on the plus side this whole thing helped me find a lot of blogs with feminist critiques of the industry that

A. I think were/are sorely needed

and

B. aren't crazypants

Arch on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Kim Kardashian is upset she was naked on a magazine cover. A woman who's entire career is based out of getting fucked on tape by some no name rapper, is upset about being nude.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Today's awesome Spam subject line: "Become virile like a rabbit"

"Have compulsive sex that lasts about 5 seconds!"

And lots of kids.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    on the plus side this whole thing helped me find a lot of blogs with feminist critiques of the industry that

and

B. aren't crazypants

Of course they aren't crazypants Arch. Women wear skirts.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

and

B. aren't crazypants

On the other hand, it made me google shakesville, read for a moment, then flee for my sanity.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I don't know, I guess I have a really hard time not reading gross motives and gross worldviews into the things people say, when the things they say have those direct and unavoidable implications

I don't go out of my way to see horrible shit in people, it's just that when it's blindingly obvious or even practically explicit (That thread is full of quotes that literally are "don't bow to the angry minority!" Don't bow to the minority. How else do you read that but "learn your place ______, you don't tell me what to do, I do what I want and you fucking accommodate me"), I am pretty frank about it.

Fartacus on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Preacher wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I thought Rifts had some of the coolest ideas. Worst fucking rule set. Ugh, hated it. Loved some of the covers on the books though.

I loved their new west and mexico settings, even wormwood was a cool concept. But yeah its a system that would have been almost better for just written books not rpg materials.

And those books written by someone else. Although a Rifts CRPG could be fun.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Bill Maher is an ass. He though like most people has moments where he is actually right. Really his show is only good to listen to the other people and his new rules have moments of funny.

Also Kingston is fucking asshole and an idiot. Seriously when I saw this episode watching him straight out say he does not believe in evolution blew my mind he got elected. But then I remember he is from Georgia. Also the other conservative when he looked for help just flat said I believe in evolution.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Kim Kardashian is upset she was naked on a magazine cover. A woman who's entire career is based out of getting fucked on tape by some no name rapper, is upset about being nude.

Her nudity surprised her?

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    No, Kim Kardashian is upset her naked magazine cover isn't getting enough attention, so she's pretending to be upset she's naked on a magazine cover.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Preach, don't be a dick to Ray J.

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

and

B. aren't crazypants

On the other hand, it made me google shakesville, read for a moment, then flee for my sanity.

good thing it had a trigger warning

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Hitting troglydytes just makes them rage more bro

or something

someone put a video game reference in there

oh yeah I mean posting that in the thread itself wouldn't be productive

but

this is [chat]

venting is pleasurable

Fartacus on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Losing weight through dieting is totally possible without exercise

All that matters is reducing your caloric intake vs calories burned. If you eat less calories and stay sedentary, you can still lose weight. If you exercise, you should be careful about reducing food intake since you're burning so many more calories.

It's worth mentioning that this can be a bad idea, just in the sense that you're dealing with a rather complex piece of machinery, and if you do manage to invoke the starvation response, things can go downhill very fast.

Linden on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Linden wrote: »

All that matters is reducing your caloric intake vs calories burned. If you eat less calories and stay sedentary, you can still lose weight. If you exercise, you should be careful about reducing food intake since you're burning so many more calories.

It's worth mentioning that this can be a bad idea, just in the sense that you're dealing with a rather complex piece of machinery, and if you do manage to invoke the starvation response, things can go downhill very fast.

Not to mention a starvation response often includes putting on more fat.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    i posted in that thread anyway fart

Arch on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    what i am saying is that you are a coward

i am calling you out fart

you wont post in that thread

you wont do it

i dare you

Arch on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    What thread is this now?

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Elendil wrote: »

and

B. aren't crazypants

good thing it had a trigger warning

Trigger Warning: CRAZY NEAR-MILITANT PEDANTRY

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    given the chance i would choke out bill maher

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    guys i have spent my entire workday measuring teeth and i have had like two hours of sleep i may be going crazy

Arch on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I'm calling you a coward Arch.

Stop being afraid of apostrophes.

Kagera on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Gooey wrote: »

He might be into that Gooey. You might get him off.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Gooey wrote: »

Like, I think he's into that. So enjoy giving him a boner Gooey.

Kagera on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    japan wrote: »
    Britain tends to mythologise thieves rather than murderers.

Or people like Charlie Bronson, who is basically a violent attention whore.

EDIT:
    On 12 November 2010, Bronson was involved in another incident in Wakefield prison’s F Wing, when he stripped naked, covered himself in butter and attacked six guards. Covering himself with butter apparently made him harder to control. Another six warders were brought in and finally restrained him.

*cough*Jacktheripper*cough*

Oh wait this was 3 hours ago.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Kagera wrote: »
    I'm calling you a coward Arch.

Stop being afraid of apostrophes.

no never

i cant im too afraid of them

its just so scary to think of a world with floatin punctuation

Arch on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Bill maher is correct about any number of things

He is still an asshole.

He is still riding the coattails of men like George Carlin.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Linden wrote: »

Not to mention a starvation response often includes putting on more fat.

The human body: entirely prepared to do something that seems entirely ridiculous at first glance at the drop of a hat.

Linden on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Damn it if I knew the dick wolf shirt was going to be a short lived thing I would have bought it at the time.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I don't know, I guess I have a really hard time not reading gross motives and gross worldviews into the things people say, when the things they say have those direct and unavoidable implications

I don't go out of my way to see horrible shit in people, it's just that when it's blindingly obvious or even practically explicit (That thread is full of quotes that literally are "don't bow to the angry minority!" Don't bow to the minority. How else do you read that but "learn your place ______, you don't tell me what to do, I do what I want and you fucking accommodate me"), I am pretty frank about it.

Woah there little lady and/or queer/brown person. Don't get so emotional! You're taking things way too personally. It's your problem because you just don't get it. You're just as bad as they are! Don't you have more important things to worry about, like starving African children? And anyway I know a minority and he disagrees with you.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I don't mind assholes as long as they are right a large part of the time. There are assholes who aren't right a large part of the time, if at all.

Like Glenn Beck.

Kagera on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    That thread is full of quotes that literally are "don't bow to the angry minority!" Don't bow to the minority. How else do you read that but "learn your place ______, you don't tell me what to do, I do what I want and you fucking accommodate me"

You read it as - and I realize this is a mind-blowing concept - "the minority is wrong."

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2011
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    I am picturing all of this happening in the voice of Philip Seymour Hoffman

he is the master of self loathing blubbering.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    That thread is full of quotes that literally are "don't bow to the angry minority!" Don't bow to the minority. How else do you read that but "learn your place ______, you don't tell me what to do, I do what I want and you fucking accommodate me"

You read it as - and I realize this is a mind-blowing concept - "the minority is wrong."

but when that is consistently the response to these issues and concerns raised by the minority.....

Arch on
This discussion has been closed.