As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's never Lupus

1235»

• SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yes.

Yes it is.

Sassori on
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    I have a friend that still watches this show religiously, and she is convinced that House and Wilson are gay for each other

Anytime it's on and they're talking to each other she's all :winky:

So did you see the episode where House pretends to be Wilson's lover to prevent Wilson from scoring with a woman that he wanted to score with?

Lars on
  • DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I did not! But that's pretty damn funny

What season is that in?

Didgeridoo on
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I quit watching regularly after
    Kutner died

the ep with House in the asylum was enjoyable, though

Antimatter on
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    P2SxP.jpg

Synthetic Orange on
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Tox wrote: »
    Also, you people are comparing the atomic weight of quarks. Lisa, 13, Cameron? All hotter than any pussy you will ever pull. Seriously, if Jennifer Morrison walked up to you and was all, "Wanna hit this?" You're not going to say "nah, 13s hotter" You're going to say, "please be gentle." Or "I prefer dick."

Well guys pack it up we'd have sex with them thus are disqualified from having opinions

Why do we even get out of bed in the morning

Jasconius on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So I just saw the episodes with Cuddy's mum and then House trying to get Rachel into pre-school

I really like the house/Cuddy relationship. It's a breath of fresh air for the series and it's actually pretty touching whenever House fights past his meaner nature to do something nice for Cuddy. I can see why they tried to keep the will they/won't they going for so long but I really think this was a great move.

Solar on
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I really like how corrupting House is portrayed on the show. I mean you have this fellowship taught by this guy who will make you into a better doctor but effectively make you into a worse human being.

Like when Foreman left and kept getting rejected because of House's influence on him.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, at one point his fellows were always the dissenting opinion, not medically, but morally. Now it seems like they don't even really care what he does

Javen on
    edited January 2011
    It's pretty difficult to argue with a man who always seems to get the necessary results.

Sassori on
    edited January 2011
    Except he does require some kind of restraining force because he always jumps towards the coolest/most interesting test which is usually very dangerous. So the team is there to go "well no let's do this and if it says no we don't need to cut into their brain."

House always gets answers but he needs a team to stop him from killing patients and to bounce ideas off. It's a clever arrangement I think.

Solar on
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, while getting results is good you have to temper that with House not killing the patient in his quest to solve the puzzle as quickly as possible.

Hunter on
    edited January 2011
    It's always funny when he doesn't have a team to work off of so he basically has to build one from scratch. Like when he was solving a case on an airplane and picked passengers to play the parts of Chase, Foreman, and Cameron.

Sassori on
  • LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hunter wrote: »
    Yeah, while getting results is good you have to temper that with House not killing the patient in his quest to solve the puzzle as quickly as possible.

Apparently tonight's episode is where this all comes to a climactic climax...or something.

LTM on
    edited January 2011
    Sassori wrote: »
    It's always funny when he doesn't have a team to work off of so he basically has to build one from scratch. Like when he was solving a case on an airplane and picked passengers to play the parts of Chase, Foreman, and Cameron.

That was a fun episode

The ones with stuff like that or when they had the lock-in are my favourites

Solar on
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So it isn't exactly House but it is pretty much the same so I am going to use this thread for it.

Lie To Me's season finale was pretty great, but the second to last scene in the prison visitation scene was fucking amazing.

Zonugal on
  • SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Lie To Me's season finale was pretty great, but the second to last scene in the prison visitation scene was fucking amazing.

I've never seen this show, but I get the gist of it. I was channel surfing last night and stopped on Fox at the exact moment they had this scene on. I didn't understand what was going on but I like the dude's accent. Also, the kid behind the glass looked scared after accenty-man got up and left. I can only imagine what he said.

SeñorAmor on
  • LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I think Lightman is actually a more enjoyable character at this point than House, but the show is never really as consistently entertaining to me.

The relationship with his daughter is the only consistently good part.

LTM on
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ok, I'm liking Amber Tamblyn's character much more as time goes on

Grey Ghost on
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm curious what they're going to do about 13 coming back (assuming she will come back, instead of just being put on a [strike]bus[/strike] plane).

Maybe they'll use it as an opportunity to write out someone else? Like Taub, since he's getting a divorce, he could feasibly quit the team. Or Foreman could finally get the same treatment that Chase and Cameron got and get moved to another position (head of Neurology, anybody?).

Or maybe they'll just have 13 come back to say goodbye, then get back on the bus forever?

What do you guys think? I'd almost like to see Tamblyn hang around for a while.

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    edited February 2011
    LTM wrote: »
    I think Lightman is actually a more enjoyable character at this point than House, but the show is never really as consistently entertaining to me.

The relationship with his daughter is the only consistently good part.

Yeah but see the show has Tim Roth.

And Tim Roth is Tim Roth.

Zonugal on
  • JoonJoon Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I watched a couple episodes of Lie to Me and it wasn't doing it for me. It's hard to place it exactly, but it felt like CSI without the computers. Rather than watching bullshit magical science, Tim Roth looks at someone's eyebrows until he knows what their SAT score was and their nose twitches tell him that it was Colonel Mustard in the conservatory with the rope.

Joon on
    bartsig.png
  • RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    A lot of that is deductive/educated guesses, which he states as fact to see the response to. If you haven't seen him guess a bunch of wrong bullshit too then I bet it would seem awfully far fetched, but at least over the many episodes I think it's worked out okay.

Ranlin on
    edited February 2011
    So last night's episode had a pretty good HSQ for me. Anybody else find themselves going "holyfuckingshit!" every time they cut to commercial?

Tox on
    edited February 2011
    I haven't seen it yet

The trailers tend to be pretty useless with House because they are always like "Action! Cuddy is shouting at House! House has got a sword!" And then actually when you watch it Cuddy is shouting at him because he wants to doa brain biopsy like always and House is using his sword to open a champagne bottle.

So I usually just wait and see what the next episode will bring.

Solar on
  • BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I saw it.

I was thinking what House eventually voiced near the end throughout much of the entire episode.
    Like, dude, if she, like, you know, dies, your relationship is over, because you'll always be the guy who killed her mother.

So it was just great that House said it loudly when he was talking Cuddy into forcing her mother stay in the hospital.

But yeah, it was nice to have the happy ending there. Were the ending sour, you could pretty much predict how their relationship was going to pan out easily.

BlackDove on
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I saw the last fifteen minutes of the episode last night. Seemed good, Cuddy was hot.

Who was Ms. Plainface Mcweepy though?

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
    edited February 2011
    VI Cuddy is always hot

That is just her state of being

Solar on
    edited February 2011
    I saw the last fifteen minutes of the episode last night. Seemed good, Cuddy was hot.

Who was Ms. Plainface Mcweepy though?

Uhh, you mean the main patient?
    Cuddy's mom, played by Candace Bergen, aka Murphy Brown. Ask you parents.

Tox on
    edited February 2011
    The weeping person in that episode, and most episodes, is Amber Tamblyn, right?

BlackDove on
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I don't know what Hollywood magic they use to make Amber Tamblyn look plain as possible on House, but I wish they would stop. She's actually an attractive woman.

Hunter on
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    BlackDove wrote: »
    The weeping person in that episode, and most episodes, is Amber Tamblyn, right?

Yeah her

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
    edited February 2011
    I don't know what Hollywood magic they use to make Amber Tamblyn look plain as possible on House, but I wish they would stop. She's actually an attractive woman.

I think it's supposed to be intentional on the part of the director etc

Maybe intentional on the part of the character

I think M3 is reasonably fun but only because I like it when House crushes her brutally

Solar on
  • JoonJoon Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I just looked at some pictures of her and what strikes me is that she's actually smiling. I think her range so far on House has run from sullen to meekly satisfied.

Joon on
    bartsig.png
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Her character is so goddamn annoying, it's driving me insane. I realize she's supposed to be the anti-house in the most extreme ways, but christ.

Javen on
  • BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Holy shit, she's dating David Cross?!?

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

They fucked it up for a moment in the last scene and she actually looked nice in her reflection for a split second

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
    edited February 2011
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Lisa was also a hooker/law student in West Wing.

She was also a character in one of the best games of all time.

312358-crystal_steele_large.jpg

Seriously. Phillip K. Dick's novel + The Film + The Game is an unstoppable combo of ass kickery.

BlackDove on