As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PHALLA] r@ndomphalla - It ends with 7

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ah, yes. 'eecc'. I misremembered.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So I would apologize for those shenanigans, but at least we don't have to wait for the inevitable.

It was self defense I swear.

Tyranny now rules.

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    day7.jpg

Try as hard as they might. The rebels did not stand a chance against the Letter Agents who seemed as though they had gained power from a cruel and unjust God. They fought valiantly till the end. Maintaining the democracy that was handed down to them from their Robot Friend.

They used it to the best of their ability and they had two letter agents under the grasp of their thumb, the beautiful yet deadly robot Eve-015 and the 4th Flyer of the Apocalypse. Following Minigun Lincoln’s plan they formulated a plan to place them in a tie that would lead both of them out of the gates in what they would hope would be a major blow to the Letter Agents. Unfortunately Letter Agent’s numbers greatly outnumbered their expectations and at the last minute the members showed themselves in full and turned their votes to Jack. The person many had found suspicious because of how knowledgeable he was in the ways of Science but so clueless he was in the ways of human interaction. Once Eve-015 and the 4th Flyer turned on him, they knew Jack was an innocent man, but it was too late.

In an unprecedented occurrence the world begin to shake and each of the rebels begin to feel their heads began to throb, they saw flashes of light and Jack began to disappear. He yelled out “I swear I’ll find a way to make this right.” Then the shaking ended and Jack was gone.That was when the Agents made their presence known.

The brainwashed Timothy Luckner, the Serpent God, Scarlet Skylazer, and Denis Mandlebound were all Letter Agents. They each ripped off their shirt to reveal a black turtleneck with a band on their left arm each with an individual letter. After that display the Serpent God coiled around the tablet cords snatching them away from the crowd and hissed “I’ll be taking those..”

It seemed a though they would leave the rest of the rebels in peace, but that wasn’t the case. They wanted a few more to feel the pain of S. and F. and the others to know Fear. Scarlet walked over to the Invisible Man and kissed him passionately when he suddenly felt the pulsating heat of a laser pistol go through his heart. The others watched in horror as he fell to the ground. She turned to Luckner and Mandlebound
    “Take him to the lab, he might be worth studying.”

The two soon strapped the man onto Mandlebound’s experimental unicycle before triding off to the black fortress.

The Serpent continued to circle the group as Eve-015 and the 4th Flyer tended to a particular nuisance, the Inkblot from Hell. As Eve picked up the piece of sentient parchment she mused, “ To think such a little thing would cause such trouble” and then cruelly ripped it in half. The 4th Flyer roared at the crowd before he skated away, Eve elegantly walking in his trail.

The crowd was anxious to see if the Serpent God had any plans for him but he merely circled them and then retreated back to the Black Fortress. As they breathed a sigh a relief, they suddenly heard the fortress gates open and the coiled terror jaw rapidly approach the group to snatch the Needle. As the serpent’s jaw ripped its way into the Needle’s torso and pulled him back into the Black Fortress he reached out towards the group. A look of terror his only way of saying goodbye.

Only three rebels now remained Minigun Lincoln, E.T. the Video Game and ??? the Dead Boy. E.T. coyly remarked “ I told you he was evil…” , Minigun Lincoln gave him a disapproving look as if they already all knew. He looked down to see a present left behind by the Letter Agents. A tiny Golden Skull. When he looked at it all he could feel was rage. He looked up at the Black Fortress and then smashed the skull without a second thought.
    The three survivors left the city of their own free will. Never to be heard from again.

{Letter Agents are Victorious}

The Fallen
    Cynic Jester- Jack from Lost [REBEL] - Voted into Another Dimension
    WildCat- The InvisibleMan [REBEL] - Had games played with his Heart
    cheez- Inkblot from Hell [REBEL] [SEER] - Torn in Half by Inhuman Hands
    Hippie- The Infiltrator Aka the Needle[REBEL] [THERAPIST]
    - Dragged into the Black Fortress by the Beast

The Letter Agents
    Thetheroo, Alt_Raven,Void Slayer, Oats, The Cow King, and shalmelo
    mafiaend.png

THE SURVIVORS
    simonwolf,Mr.Blarney and Kias
    endvillagers.png

Egos on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    good game.

thanks for running egos.

passing out now

lonelyahava on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Again, sorry for screwing the pooch.

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Thanks for running the game, Egos. I think it was pretty well balanced, actually. Lots of mafia kills, but we had a ton of specials and we should have given a better showing than that. We just couldn't stop shooting ourselves in the foot.

cheez on
    edited February 2011
    Thanks for the game, Egos.

So in the end, half of my suspicions were on fellow villagers who did not trust in my thought processes. There's probably a lesson to be learned in this.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited February 2011
    altreality.png

Egos on
    edited February 2011
    I'm a little concerned at how bad village apathy has gotten in the last few games. It is really tough to get that first foothold of a dead mafia member when everybody's posting the bare minimum. I mean, 33 pages for a main Phalla?

cheez on
    edited February 2011
    Oh sweet, is it the alternative reality where I resurrected all my dead network bros and then we destroyed the mafia and all had ice cream afterward?

cheez on
    edited February 2011
    cheez wrote: »
    Oh sweet, is it the alternative reality where I resurrected all my dead network bros and then we destroyed the mafia and all had ice cream afterward?

One is Minigun Lincoln leads an Exodus on Day 6.. so you would still be alive in that one. Though really with most of the characters, I tried to leave some shred of potential that the character could be resurrected. Since a lot of them were pretty bizarre and I happened to like quite a few of them..

But we'll do a super happy one also O_O

Egos on
  • HippieHippie Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Alternative Reality?

zomg

Hippie on
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Can there be an alternate reality where people look at the evidence and realise that Alt_Raven is definitely mafia and decide it would be foolish not to vote him out

or are we not dealing with impossibilities

simonwolf on
    edited February 2011
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Can there be an alternate reality where people look at the evidence and realise that Alt_Raven is definitely mafia and decide it would be foolish not to vote him out

or are we not dealing with impossibilities

We can have an alternate reality where E.T. the game violently flails the Hockey Player of the Apocalypse.

Egos on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Though in retrospect, the tie vote I broke saved MrB, Hippie, and Jaysonfour. Would have eliminating Jaysonfour really have been worth hippie and MrB? Especially with the village apathy?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    edited February 2011
    Spoit wrote: »
    Though in retrospect, the tie vote I broke saved MrB, Hippie, and Jaysonfour. Would have eliminating Jaysonfour really have been worth hippie and MrB? Especially with the village apathy?

If you left your vote on JaysonFour, he would have been the only one eliminated from the vote that night...

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited February 2011
    PM Fluff

Specials
    IVO.png
    charlesblack.png
    CHOSENCHILD.png
    kushi.png
    THEINFILTRATOR.png
    inkhell.png
    kumai.png
    ron.png
    guy.png
    drmoon.png

Villagers
    boxo.png
    percepia.png
    thedeadboy.png
    astronautz.png
    cultofcage.png
    memon.png
    phonebooth.png
    wanderer.png
    fakerobot.png
    minigunl.png
    jackfromlost.png
    bono.png
    barb.png
    et.png
    chad.png
    marge.png
    iman2.png
    gargoyle.png
    tekhno.png
    francis.png
    iwao.png

Letter Agents
    4thflyer.png
    lucknertv.png
    serpentgod.png
    rockaxe.png
    skelarmor.png
    denis.png
    eve.png
    scarlet.png

Subject X
    bubbleguma.png

Egos on
    edited February 2011
    I absolutely love the PM Fluff images. They are too wonderful.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    mr. b i will grudge you forever now for getting me voted :(

M.D. on
    edited February 2011
    Get in line, Mr. Defecation. Lots of people (seemingly) have reasons to grudge me for this game.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    gonna kill the line so im the only one

M.D. on
  • Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Awww, I was a martyr too? Damn it.

Cynic Jester on
    edited February 2011

ah sorry that was me trying to get results out as quickly as possible. So I wanted to make sure my formatting was the same (The Fallen part, etc.), so I had copied from a previous night. No you weren't. That would be very jerky to make you unaware.

Egos on
  • Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Egos wrote: »

ah lol, sorry that was me trying to get results out quickly so I wanted to make sure my formatting was the same (The Fallen part). No you weren't. That would be very jerky to make you unaware.

Yes, yes it would :P

Cynic Jester on
  • Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Whatever the balance, the roles were awesome. I blame oversexed androids.

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
    edited February 2011
    interlude.png

Guy the Time Pirate, Dr. Herbert Moon the Surveyer of Eldritch Abominations and Bonomir the Brave had been traveling the Wastelands for one full day now. Things were looking dire for them as there was no sign of life or water. Brave Bonomir kept moving ahead despite his human companion's exhaustion
    "I don't think I can go on much longer"

Moon leaned against a nearby dune. Bonomir turned back towards the group and walked over to moon concerned , he whimpered. The surveyor patted the dog on the head.

"You two go on ahead, I'll just slow you down."

Moon began to lay down in the sand defeated. When Aionos approached him.

"We're not leaving you behind"
    Bonomir barked in agreement
    "My bones are decrepit. I couldn't walk further if I wanted to..."

"Then we'll stay here. We're not abandoning you."

"Very noble, but not what is really needed at this time and juncture"
    A fourth figure suddenly emerged donning a brown trench-coat.
    "You!?"

"Guy, I came here to warn you that you are great danger."

"Well that is rather bloody obvious isn't it."

"Well to be more precise your friends are and you're gonna have to follow me."

"Not really our friends...."

"Ok well either way, you guys are either coming with me or I'm gonna have to zap you and drag you into my booth."

Egos on
    edited July 2011
    exodus.jpg

The rebels had now seen the face of the enemy. The Great Conquistador, a leader for the Rebel cause, had been a Letter Agent the whole time. They had discovered him discussing information with the secret police of S. and F. If he could be Letter Agent anyone could be. The vote was put into question; the cause was put into question. Perhaps all of this was just a way to ferret out traitors or those deemed as a threats to the rulers.

It took bravery but one man stepped forward, the very person who had been a bastion of reason within the community. Mini-Gun Lincoln addressed the crowd of believed “Rebels”. He couldn’t be certain who amongst them were Agents just like the Conquistador. There was only one he trusted and he didn’t want the Inkblot to get killed or worse because they knew that. He addressed the crowd earnestly.

“This war has taken a toll on all of us and it pains me to say that the odds are not in our favor. At this rate the Letter Agents will eventually find each and every one of us. I would suggest we leave this city behind and attempt to find a new land. A land built on principles of freedom and honesty. A land where we can start fresh. I know some of you do not trust me, but if I were one of them why would I want to leave?”

He looks at the crowd with sad eyes “It pains me that our brothers will not see justice, but to have more of our blood spilled over a battle that cannot be won is not worth it. Those are with me can follow me to the Gates. There may still be time to find those who were thrown out due to false pretenses… We must always have hope”

Minigun Lincoln willing opened the gates of the City and exited, six others followed. It was clear why the others remained and where their loyalties were.

After several days of walking, the group eventually caught up with Bonomir the Brave, Guy Aionos, Dr. Herbert Moon, the Cultist of the Cage, The Thing in the Phone-Booth, The Barbie Head that Saw the Gates of R'yleh, and Ronald McDonald. With their combine abilities they were actually able to create a small settlement within the wasteland. However, things were tense and it required one man to address the crowd in order to ease them into living off the land

Lincoln looked at Jack with new-found appreciation. One of his greatest doubters had now provided him support and the LincolnTown would soon be built. Sure it would start off as a make-shift village. Jack was there to provide medical services. Dr. Moon was there to provide some form of education for any young-ens that may eventually come through. In addition he had a knowledge of unnatural horrors which he could share with others , an expertise he shared with the decapitated barbie head. Guy Aionos was able to travel through dimensions with the help of the Thing in the Phone-booth...granted it was messy, but they were able to bring back helpful devices. Bonomir was able to start a security task force with the Invisible Man as his special task force unit...or in time he would be and Ronald McDonald had his cooking expertise and ability to "entertain". The Cultist of the Cage provided some form of religion for those who required it ...it seemed to help ??? the Dead Boy during his transition phase. Minigun Lincoln provided the stable leadership the community needed.. Of course who could forget the Inkblot from Hell , well he was everyone's secret little helper and served as the community watch should the City of X ever try and invade LincolnTown.

Maybe there was hope after all...

Egos on
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Thank you for runnin' this Egos.

Thank you fellow mafiosos for bein' badasses.

Thank you village for killing three specials in two votes.

Oats on
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Man, the first couple days were fun. Hold on a sec, and I'll open up the proboards.

Thetheroo on
    edited February 2011
    Here you go.

http://randomphallagen.proboards.com/index.cgi

Well, I had fun with that.

Thetheroo on
    edited February 2011
    well I'll post the alternative narrations of epic war and "what happens in evil land + the ill fate of Mr. D lost in the wasteland"

and a spreadsheet with actions(+changed) with votes. I suspect people want a nice clean one. But a bit tired atm.

Egos on
  • Alt_RavenAlt_Raven Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Great game Egos! First time as Mafia and it really was a different experience.

Fist bumps for my Mafioso brosefs.

Alt_Raven on
    You touched my Tra-La-La!
  • KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Well, looks like I owe Mr B. an apology! I guess I just really didn't like the idea of the tie vote, even though I see the logic, and given how badly the village was doing I figured you a likely target to be gently misdirecting folks.

Thanks for running Egos, I had a good time. I would say balance seems fine though the village shot itself in the foot so quickly its hard to tell :)

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I tried to kill Alt_Raven three times, alas.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Thanks for running, Egos. Apologies that I couldn't really summon up enough energy to be a more active participant in the game though.

Wildcat on
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hey Ahava.

That little "tie the vote and kill 2 village specials" move was real cute.

Grudged.

Grudged forever.

3cl1ps3 on
    edited February 2011
    The bad guys were giddy with that one.

Thetheroo on
    edited February 2011
    I still think the mafia was a touch too powerful, though. Larger games than this usually have two mafia kills as the standard, and the mafia in this game had one more than that day by day. The village had the standard number of specials, though it did include a seer pair. Two day-to-day seers can have a lot of potential power, so it was sort of a balancing factor, but ultimately unuseful due to early elimination of one.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    cheez wrote: »
    I'm a little concerned at how bad village apathy has gotten in the last few games. It is really tough to get that first foothold of a dead mafia member when everybody's posting the bare minimum. I mean, 33 pages for a main Phalla?

Well you guys were doing all our work for us.

I didn't really have anything to add.

Thanks for the game Egos the narrations were pretty ballin to

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    3clipse wrote: »
    Hey Ahava.

That little "tie the vote and kill 2 village specials" move was real cute.

Grudged.

Grudged forever.

You'll be waiting a while to fulfill that grudge.

might want to move on to other pastures in the mean time

lonelyahava on