As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Enforcer Applications Now Being Accepted!

2»

• LisaPlaysGamesLisaPlaysGames Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm really glad to hear that other people haven't gotten their forum access yet either. I totally sent a spazzy mcspazzerson email this morning because i hadn't heard back yet and the deadline to get on the forum is tomorrow. i feel a little bad for being pushy, i'm just so excited and don't want to miss out because i screwed up one email :) Yeaaaahhhh i'm going to chill out and go do my *actual* job now...

LisaPlaysGames on
  • toddc76toddc76 Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    Got my Invite Yesterday and just sent in the picture. Happy to be helping.

toddc76 on
  • SpyPoetSpyPoet Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm on the forums, waiting to get into the groups/accepted on Twitter. Whoo. You know how hard it is to get a headshot in like, less than 24 hours?

SpyPoet on
    PAX Prime 2011 Details
    [ ] Transport Brought GAAAAH
    [X] Ticket Brought Enforcer.
    [ ] Hotel Paid For This may be where I get screwed.
    [ ] Cosplay ask nabs/notaboyscout >:3
  • regicidalregicidal Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I know this is pretty late but I didn't even look into this until the third. I there anywhere on the forum to see if the positions are full or if not is there any way to find out?

regicidal on
  • ChronoHawkChronoHawk Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Did you submit an application? If so I imagine they will send you a response regarding if you were able to get everything in in time. !

ChronoHawk on
    I am NOT Rider Miller!!!!

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    ach.png
  • RDubbRDubb Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    regicidal wrote: »
    I know this is pretty late but I didn't even look into this until the third. I there anywhere on the forum to see if the positions are full or if not is there any way to find out?

As long as the application info is still up and they haven't announced anything to the contrary, you should still have an opportunity to apply. You aren't assigned a position directly, it's more like filling a pool and then deciding who does what later. So yes, go ahead and apply if you're still interested.

RDubb on
  • ZeusheroZeushero PAX -E-ast Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    hmm I havent heard back after I emailed my photo. Just a little worried but I guess they must be overloaded right now. I'll wait awhile before emailing to ask.

Zeushero on
    edited February 2011
    Well I haven't spent anything to the contrary. I sent my applicationjust a few days ago so I wasn't expecting a quick reply. Just trying to be proactive about it and all of that fun stuff.

regicidal on
  • WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Zeushero wrote: »
    hmm I havent heard back after I emailed my photo. Just a little worried but I guess they must be overloaded right now. I'll wait awhile before emailing to ask.

Picture deadline was the 4th (2 days ago), when did you send it in?

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • ZeusheroZeushero PAX -E-ast Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I sent it on friday. I'm worried that they might have missed my email if theyre overloaded. :(

Zeushero on
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

Is that what your acceptance letter said? Because the post in the super-duper-secret Enforcer forum says the 15th.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
    edited February 2011
    whypick1 wrote: »

Is that what your acceptance letter said? Because the post in the super-duper-secret Enforcer forum says the 15th.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (in the loud and obnoxious form)!!!!!! It's supposed to be a secret!!! But yeah, we weren't even ALLOWED in the super duper mega gigantic secret forum until AFTER we submitted the picture. I believe it was one way to relieve the stress of people not turning them in on time.

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • DStalefishDStalefish Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    If you got an acceptance letter, and you sent in your photo and whatnot promptly, you'll be fine. They've got a lot on their plates, so patience is a virtue here. :)

DStalefish on
    [E] 09, 10E, 10P, 11E, 11P, 12E
  • OmninomiconOmninomicon Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    Show of hands, how many of you Enforcers would love having one of these official PAX hammers this year?

http://www.strongblade.com/prod/prodimages/sbfd-imperialwarhammer2_l.jpg

http://www.strongblade.com/prod/largeimage.html?imgname=sbfd-imperialwarhammer1_l.jpg

Omninomicon on
    edited February 2011

Im pretty sure that breaks rules both on AND OFF duty... livesteel :3

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • gilby123gilby123 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I was going to apply for this this year, but I don't think that's going to overlap well. What is the likelihood I might be able to try next year (even a guess here would be cool)?

gilby123 on
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the
    world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples
    of ignorance?" - John Lithgow, 3rd Rock from the Sun
    edited February 2011
    Well, my questions have been answered. I just received my acceptance letter and now need to send in the picture to finish things off. I do think that the picture deadline is case-by-case as far as applications go. My letter said the deadline for pics was the 11th.

regicidal on
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    gilby123 wrote: »
    I was going to apply for this this year, but I don't think that's going to overlap well. What is the likelihood I might be able to try next year (even a guess here would be cool)?

PAX has only been getting bigger. More attendees = more volunteers needed.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • ChronoHawkChronoHawk Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Not that I'd bring it to PAX as it breaks the rules, but I'd love one of those = D

*EDIT* I don't have 242$ to spend on these. and wow it's foam. Haha!

ChronoHawk on
    I am NOT Rider Miller!!!!

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    ach.png
  • Tom SheaTom Shea Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    For what it is worth the Pax enforcers are AWESOME! You guys help make PAX the show that it is. Professional, and nice at the same time.

best staff I have ever seen at a con

Tom Shea
    Magic TO

Tom Shea on