As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[SUUuuuUUPER MEAT BOY!] Level editor beta released on Steam!

• never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I just completed Light World and I am currently cleaning up for A+'s and Dark World. And yes, I fully intend to 100% this game. Anyways, I unlocked teh awesomez of the game--->
    i_wanna_be_the_guy_01.gif

never-ending-reign on
  • TrynantTrynant Maniac Brawler Rank 20.100 and full WildRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The Kid is worth unlocking if only for the bragging rights. I had a glorious moment where I was chatting with someone who was much farther than me in the game (I'm on final boss in light-world he was nearly done with dark world), but hadn't beaten The Guy! warpzone. Made me all warm inside.

I feel like if you can get The Kid you can 100% (or 110% or whatever completion is) the game. Am I wrong?

Trynant on
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    VicWhiten wrote: »
    I've been trying to find any official word about this, but everything I've found is pretty old. Anyone know when the Mac version is coming out?

The official word is "after the level editor is out, yes it's coming."

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Trynant wrote: »
    The Kid is worth unlocking if only for the bragging rights. I had a glorious moment where I was chatting with someone who was much farther than me in the game (I'm on final boss in light-world he was nearly done with dark world), but hadn't beaten The Guy! warpzone. Made me all warm inside.

I feel like if you can get The Kid you can 100% (or 110% or whatever completion is) the game. Am I wrong?

Dude, I ABSOLUTELY agree with you. Hell yeah for the braggin rights. "I Wanna Be The Guy" is meant to be incredibly hard, and those 3stages of the Warpzone could most definitely qualify as real levels for it. Have you PLAYED I Wanna Be The Guy?!?!?!? It's an ass-pounding in progress. I have and it made me hate myself. The Kid FTW!!

never-ending-reign on
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I don't hate myself for playing IWBTG. I hate myself for doing it with a keyboard. It's real easy when you have cheater turbo fire and can get the Kraidgief glitchteregg, or kill motherbrain in one loop. :P

SkutSkut on
    edited February 2011
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    I don't hate myself for playing IWBTG. I hate myself for doing it with a keyboard. It's real easy when you have cheater turbo fire and can get the Kraidgief glitchteregg, or kill motherbrain in one loop. :P

It's not that I hate myself FOR playing it, more like I hate myself because I couldn't beat it without using glitches/mods/cheats, etc. One of these days, I will beat it legitimately, as well as Kaizo Mario.

never-ending-reign on
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I beat it fairly but I still have flashbacks

joshofalltrades on
    edited February 2011

*applause*

That said, I hate you. I WILL beat it fairly and then I will die knowing that I am indeed, The Guy :p

P.S--> I don't actually hate you. Although, I suppose if I plan to beat IWBTG, I should probably re-acquire the game itself. It was on my old PC before it crashed.

P.P.S--> What do the flashbacks consist of? Apple-missiles being drilled into your skull and making you explode in a gore-gasm? Or falling into a pit of spikes while trying to evade a random spike that came hurtling out of the wall?? Or is it about a giant Mike Tyson??? Or maybe, Ryu delivering a spinning-dragon kick??? Inquiring minds want to know..

never-ending-reign on
  • KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

*applause*

That said, I hate you. I WILL beat it fairly and then I will die knowing that I am indeed, The Guy :p

P.S--> I don't actually hate you. Although, I suppose if I plan to beat IWBTG, I should probably re-acquire the game itself. It was on my old PC before it crashed.

P.P.S--> What do the flashbacks consist of? Apple-missiles being drilled into your skull and making you explode in a gore-gasm? Or falling into a pit of spikes while trying to evade a random spike that came hurtling out of the wall?? Or is it about a giant Mike Tyson??? Or maybe, Ryu delivering a spinning-dragon kick??? Inquiring minds want to know..

Based on a previous conversation, the words are the most likely to trigger them.

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm sorry I want to read your post Kupi but for some reason there are a bunch of spaces in between the words "words" and "are"

Perhaps I am subconsciously blocking your post to prevent trauma

joshofalltrades on
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    What is this about a Wii version? Retail? Wiiware? You guys getting my hopes up for no reason?

earthwormadam on
  • ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm so close to having this game completed 100%! Just XOXO and the 5-1 warpzone (skyscraper) bandages to go.

Unfortunately, these are horrible, horrible levels.

Shimshai on
    Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The fuck is this shit

I started up the XBLA version last night for the first time in a couple weeks and there was an update

And now some of my level progress is gone

UnbreakableVow on
    edited February 2011
    The fuck is this shit

I started up the XBLA version last night for the first time in a couple weeks and there was an update

And now some of my level progress is gone

What probably happened is what I like to call "absolute bullshit". There's a glitch that if you capture the same bandage twice (yes I said it and yes it's possible) then the game will stop saving progress until you exit out of the game completely to your dashboard, then re-start.

Edit---Nice avatar

never-ending-reign on
    edited February 2011
    I don't think that's what happened though

After the patch, it said I had not completed two light world levels in world 3 at all

Despite the fact that I had completed and A+ed the corresponding dark world levels

And I was done with world 3, working on world 4, and all my world 4 progress is there

It's just damn weird

UnbreakableVow on
    edited February 2011
    What probably happened is you had a 0.0 time on those levels, and when it cleared because of the patch so did your game progress.

joshofalltrades on
    edited February 2011
    I don't think that's what happened though

After the patch, it said I had not completed two light world levels in world 3 at all

Despite the fact that I had completed and A+ed the corresponding dark world levels

And I was done with world 3, working on world 4, and all my world 4 progress is there

It's just damn weird

That IS fuckin weird. I'm not sure what happened then. The bud I mentioned, however, has fucked me several times over now.

never-ending-reign on
  • FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I beat Omega. All thanks to this thead, and also dying like 500 times on it. \o/

Frem on
    edited February 2011
    Man, some of the Dark-World levels for The Rapture are fuckin ridonkulous!! *laughs maniacally, loads pistol*

never-ending-reign on
  • Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Man, some of the Dark-World levels for The Rapture are fuckin ridonkulous!! *laughs maniacally, loads pistol*

Man, you haven't even...like, just don't...

I don't even know.

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, the patch definitely eliminated the levels you had 0.0 times on, which I guess is fair; it's the only way they could get those removed from the leaderboards.

Hopefully we'll get some news about the level editor soon.

joshofalltrades on
    edited February 2011
    So apparently we're getting two new Internets chapters next week. There's the user-created pack, and the Expert Remix chapter.

The Remix chapter's level list is:
    1. 1-1
    2. 1-15
    3. 1-17
    4. 1-19
    5. 2-8
    6. 2-11
    7. 2-12
    8. 2-18
    9. 3-6
    10.3-3
    11.3-11
    12.4-3
    13.4-8
    14.4-14
    15.5-4
    16.5-8
    17.5-15
    18.6-2
    19.7-6
    20.Kid1
    :shock:

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, if there's a level that needed to be made tougher it's that one for sure

joshofalltrades on
    edited February 2011
    PMAvers wrote: »
    So apparently we're getting two new Internets chapters next week. There's the user-created pack, and the Expert Remix chapter.

1. 1-1
    2. 1-15
    3. 1-17
    4. 1-19
    5. 2-8
    6. 2-11
    7. 2-12
    8. 2-18
    9. 3-6
    10.3-3
    11.3-11
    12.4-3
    13.4-8
    14.4-14
    15.5-4
    16.5-8
    17.5-15
    18.6-2
    19.7-6
    20.Kid1

I don't understand...remix chapters?

never-ending-reign on
    edited February 2011
    You know how like the Dark World levels are remixes of their corresponding Light World levels?

It's like that, except probably more bizonkers.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    edited February 2011
    You know how like the Dark World levels are remixes of their corresponding Light World levels?

It's like that, except probably more bizonkers.

Ahh, well I'm happy if it means I get more playtime out of it.

never-ending-reign on
    edited February 2011
    PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    edited February 2011

1. 1-1
    2. 1-15
    3. 1-17
    4. 1-19
    5. 2-8
    6. 2-11
    7. 2-12
    8. 2-18
    9. 3-6
    10.3-3
    11.3-11
    12.4-3
    13.4-8
    14.4-14
    15.5-4
    16.5-8
    17.5-15
    18.6-2
    19.7-6
    20.Kid1

Is this for Pc or 360 or both?

Shimshai on

steam_sig.png
    edited February 2011
    Shimshai wrote: »
    Is this for Pc or 360 or both?

Both, but the computer version of the chapters will be coming with the update that adds in the editor & portal.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    edited February 2011
    When do the Kid-specific levels come?

UnbreakableVow on
    edited February 2011
    As soon as Kayin is done making them, presumably

Which is fine, because I don't think I can handle a lot more stress right now

joshofalltrades on
    edited February 2011
    Oh shit! So close to 100%.

never-ending-reign on
  • sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So far what I've done is look at steam achievements and accomplish the achievement that I don't have that is most frequently obtained by the steam community that has purchased Super Meat Boy. I'm getting worn out on this game now that all I have left are 100 bandage achievement, dark world cotton alley, and 100% the game and the rest are complete X world without dying. So far I've done light worlds 1&2 without dying. I still love this game but I think I'm gonna take a long break, all I have left are really hard levels and it won't be long until the only achievements left are complete X world without dying. And unless you're doing worlds 1 and to some extent 2, its super hard to get those achievements. Fun game tho I think I've spent 50 hours so far on this game:).

sumwar on
    edited February 2011
    According to Team Meat, the XBLA update is coming in the next 2 days.

joshofalltrades on
  • ContentContextContentContext Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The PC editor needs to hurry up, because I'm pretty sure I just unlocked it.

ContentContext on
    edited February 2011
    Dudes, srsly, when you make a promise, you gotta keep it.
    It's been almost 2 months since you said the level editor will be out, and it STILL isn't.
    However, because of your excessive awesomeness, I am willing to forgive you.
    Please give us level editor!
    Team Meat wrote:
    Ya know, when it's just two people working on it, it sometimes takes longer then expected.
    It's still dumb to make that sort of promise. Faked hype does not make the consumers happy.
    Team Meat wrote:
    It's not fake hype and it's free. If you're disappointed in the amount of time it's taking use the devmode editor. If that's not enough then go fuck yourself.
    It has to be intentional. How is it possible to miscalculate the estimated time with one month? Since the game itself is fabulous, that baffles me the most. It'd be like Blizzard(a company which I hate for that same fact). You can go fuck yourself.

O_o @ bolded
    Entitled much? Nobody wants the editor more than I do. You're pretty sad if you can't find something else to do while you wait, though. Go read a book. Go play outside in the sun. Maybe kiss a girl. Stop being such a mouthbreather.

joshofalltrades on
    edited February 2011
    hahaha
    Team Meat wrote:
    (Dipshit), give me your address and I'll send you your $15 dollars back. I don't need it or your stupid opinions on shit you have no idea about.
    Team Meat wrote:
    Btw I banned him because he's a douche.

joshofalltrades on
    edited February 2011
    Respect+

Shimshai on

steam_sig.png
    edited February 2011
    hahaha
    Team Meat wrote:
    (Dipshit), give me your address and I'll send you your $15 dollars back. I don't need it or your stupid opinions on shit you have no idea about.
    Team Meat wrote:
    Btw I banned him because he's a douche.

Yeah, what the hell was that dude's problem? When it's free content, fuckin wait til it comes out. That guy needs to remove his tampon and grow a pair.

never-ending-reign on
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Super Meat Boy PC version Stat tracker.

My stats:
    Total time: 3407.19
    Chapter 1: Forest - Light: 20 / 20 - Dark: 20 / 20 - Bandages: 20 / 20 - Warp: 12 / 12 - Progress: 100%

1-1: Hello World: 0.949
    1-2: Upward: 2.150
    1-3: The Gap: 0.966
    1-4: Nutshell: 5.005 - Bandage
    1-5: Holy Mountain: 6.050 - Portal
    1-6: Bladecatcher: 3.570
    1-7: Diverge: 3.353 - Bandage
    1-8: The Bit: 1.718
    1-9: Safety Third: 4.570 - Bandage
    1-10: The Levee: 5.255
    1-11: Fired: 4.436 - Bandage
    1-12: Revolve: 1.902 - Portal
    1-13: Tommy's Cabin: 3.317 - Bandage
    1-14: Blood Mountain: 4.287
    1-15: Cactus Jumper: 6.639
    1-16: Sidewinder: 4.704
    1-17: Morningstar: 5.050
    1-18: Altamont: 2.118 - Bandage
    1-19: Intermission: 9.917 - Portal
    1-20: The Test: 16.481 - Bandage

1-1X: Oh, Hello: 1.000
    1-2X: Onward: 2.550
    1-3X: Bzzzzz: 2.283 - Bandage
    1-4X: Plum Rain: 4.267
    1-5X: Creamsoda: 6.301 - Bandage
    1-6X: I Am The Night: 3.782
    1-7X: Two Roads: 3.417
    1-8X: Big Red: 2.667
    1-9X: So Close: 6.122
    1-10X: Walls: 8.301 - Bandage
    1-11X: Doused: 4.600
    1-12X: Fireal: 1.534
    1-13X: Tommy's Condo: 7.007 - Portal
    1-14X: Mystery Spot: 9.302 - Bandage
    1-15X: Kick Machine: 8.317 - Bandage
    1-16X: Night Game: 7.770
    1-17X: The Clock: 6.022 - Bandage
    1-18X: Whitewash: 3.236
    1-19X: The Queener: 9.492 - Bandage
    1-20X: A Perfect End: 14.952

Warp 1-1: 5.000 - Bandage
    Warp 1-2: 5.000 - Bandage
    Warp 1-3: 5.000
    Warp 1-4: 5.000
    Warp 1-5: 5.000
    Warp 1-6: 5.000
    Warp 1-7: 5.000
    Warp 1-8: 5.000 - Bandage
    Warp 1-9: 5.000 - Bandage
    Warp 1-10: 5.000
    Warp 1-11: 5.000 - Bandage
    Warp 1-12: 5.000 - Bandage

Chapter 2: Hospital - Light: 20 / 20 - Dark: 20 / 20 - Bandages: 20 / 20 - Warp: 12 / 12 - Progress: 100%

2-1: Biohazard: 6.123
    2-2: One Down: 3.417 - Bandage
    2-3: Memories: 8.274
    2-4: Blew: 4.350
    2-5: Big Empty: 6.221 - Bandage
    2-6: The Grain: 7.773
    2-7: Hush: 5.638
    2-8: The Sabbath: 8.951 - Portal
    2-9: Blood Swamp: 3.800
    2-10: Johnny's Cage: 7.573 - Bandage
    2-11: Ghost Key: 6.339
    2-12: Above: 7.767 - Portal
    2-13: Ulcer Pop: 6.405 - Bandage
    2-14: Aunt Flo: 9.425
    2-15: Gallbladder: 9.417 - Portal
    2-16: Synj: 6.517 - Bandage
    2-17: Worm Food: 9.141
    2-18: Destructoid: 15.797 - Bandage
    2-19: Six Feet: 7.134
    2-20: Day Breaker: 13.394 - Bandage

2-1X: Back Track: 8.707
    2-2X: Pinkeye Falls: 3.954
    2-3X: Buzzzzcut: 8.825
    2-4X: Blown: 8.456 - Bandage
    2-5X: Agent Orange: 12.260 - Portal
    2-6X: Cher Noble: 11.443 - Bandage
    2-7X: The Moon: 15.197 - Bandage
    2-8X: Grape Soda: 16.581
    2-9X: Centipede: 7.574
    2-10X: The Kracken: 8.458 - Bandage
    2-11X: Spineless: 9.942
    2-12X: Grey Matter: 12.261 - Bandage
    2-13X: Dust Bunnies: 8.459
    2-14X: Crawl Space: 26.242
    2-15X: Insurance?: 19.967 - Bandage
    2-16X: P.S.Y.: 12.059 - Bandage
    2-17X: Nels Box: 5.027
    2-18X: Electrolysis: 9.225
    2-19X: Tenebrae: 13.695
    2-20X: Solemnity: 19.133

Warp 2-1: 5.000 - Bandage
    Warp 2-2: 5.000
    Warp 2-3: 5.000 - Bandage
    Warp 2-4: 5.000
    Warp 2-5: 5.000
    Warp 2-6: 5.000
    Warp 2-7: 5.000 - Bandage
    Warp 2-8: 5.000 - Bandage
    Warp 2-9: 5.000
    Warp 2-10: 5.000 - Bandage
    Warp 2-11: 5.000
    Warp 2-12: 5.000 - Bandage

Chapter 3: Salt Factory - Light: 20 / 20 - Dark: 20 / 20 - Bandages: 20 / 20 - Warp: 12 / 12 - Progress: 100%

3-1: Pit Stop: 6.484 - Bandage
    3-2: The Salt Lick: 7.223 - Bandage
    3-3: Push: 12.861
    3-4: Transmissions: 7.273 - Bandage
    3-5: Uptown: 8.490 - Portal
    3-6: The Shaft: 3.618
    3-7: Mind The Gap: 9.691 - Portal
    3-8: Boomtown: 5.389
    3-9: Shotzie!: 10.709
    3-10: Breakdown: 8.408 - Bandage
    3-11: Box Tripper: 7.173 - Bandage
    3-12: The Dumper: 10.410
    3-13: The Bend: 13.643
    3-14: Gurdy: 8.358
    3-15: Vertigo: 8.256
    3-16: Mono: 12.711 - Portal
    3-17: Rustic: 7.690
    3-18: The Gaundle: 12.211 - Bandage
    3-19: Dig: 10.025
    3-20: White Noise: 16.782 - Bandage

3-1X: Step One: 19.802
    3-2X: Salt + Wound: 10.994
    3-3X: The Red Room: 14.379 - Bandage
    3-4X: Assemble: 16.298
    3-5X: Wasp: 21.567 - Bandage
    3-6X: Not You Again: 18.683 - Bandage
    3-7X: Pluck: 14.245 - Bandage
    3-8X: Salt Crown: 10.997 - Portal
    3-9X: Goliath: 15.814
    3-10X: Exploder: 16.650
    3-11X: The Salt Man: 9.190
    3-12X: Hellevator: 11.143
    3-13X: Black Circle: 31.061
    3-14X: Salmon: 14.895 - Bandage
    3-15X: Vertebreaker: 16.930
    3-16X: The Chaser: 22.804 - Bandage
    3-17X: Ashes: 10.042
    3-18X: Bile Duct: 14.363
    3-19X: El Topo: 12.368 - Bandage
    3-20X: Pea: 21.787

Warp 3-1: 5.000 - Bandage
    Warp 3-2: 5.000
    Warp 3-3: 5.000 - Bandage
    Warp 3-4: 5.000
    Warp 3-5: 5.000
    Warp 3-6: 5.000
    Warp 3-7: 5.000 - Bandage
    Warp 3-8: 5.000
    Warp 3-9: 5.000 - Bandage
    Warp 3-10: 5.000
    Warp 3-11: 5.000 - Bandage
    Warp 3-12: 5.000 - Bandage

Chapter 4: Hell - Light: 20 / 20 - Dark: 20 / 20 - Bandages: 20 / 20 - Warp: 12 / 12 - Progress: 100%

4-1: Boilermaker: 5.823
    4-2: Brindle: 21.514 - Bandage
    4-3: Heck Hole: 9.625
    4-4: Hex: 9.425
    4-5: Pyro: 6.389
    4-6: Leviathan: 5.090 - Bandage
    4-7: Rickets: 9.976
    4-8: Weibe: 9.925 - Portal
    4-9: Deceiver: 4.088 - Bandage
    4-10: Ball N Chain: 9.841
    4-11: Oracle: 9.575
    4-12: Big Brother: 9.125
    4-13: Lazy: 8.645 - Bandage
    4-14: Adversary: 16.347 - Portal
    4-15: Abaddon: 6.222
    4-16: Bow: 8.542 - Bandage
    4-17: Lost Highway: 5.989 - Bandage
    4-18: Boris: 21.368 - Portal
    4-19: The Hive: 9.225
    4-20: Babylon: 18.215 - Bandage

4-1X: Gretel: 14.746
    4-2X: Golgotha: 16.014
    4-3X: Char: 10.431 - Bandage
    4-4X: Altered: 10.997 - Bandage
    4-5X: Wicked One: 8.590
    4-6X: The Gnashing: 9.275
    4-7X: Thistle: 9.375 - Portal
    4-8X: Billy Boy: 14.562 - Bandage
    4-9X: Glut: 5.171
    4-10X: Gallow: 14.279 - Bandage
    4-11X: Surrender: 8.942
    4-12X: Beholder: 17.148
    4-13X: Oblivion: 15.347
    4-14X: Old Scratch: 11.443 - Bandage
    4-15X: Bone Yard: 8.558
    4-16X: Starless: 9.358
    4-17X: Invocation: 12.244
    4-18X: Sag Chamber: 26.023 - Bandage
    4-19X: Long Goodbye: 10.343 - Bandage
    4-20X: Imperial: 21.535

Warp 4-1: 5.000
    Warp 4-2: 5.000 - Bandage
    Warp 4-3: 5.000 - Bandage
    Warp 4-4: 5.000
    Warp 4-5: 5.000
    Warp 4-6: 5.000
    Warp 4-7: 5.000
    Warp 4-8: 5.000 - Bandage
    Warp 4-9: 5.000 - Bandage
    Warp 4-10: 5.000
    Warp 4-11: 5.000 - Bandage
    Warp 4-12: 5.000 - Bandage

Chapter 5: Rapture - Light: 20 / 20 - Dark: 20 / 20 - Bandages: 20 / 20 - Warp: 12 / 12 - Progress: 100%

5-1: The Witness: 16.765 - Portal
    5-2: Evangel: 8.874
    5-3: Ripe Decay: 10.742 - Bandage
    5-4: Rise: 10.660
    5-5: Panic Switch: 11.393 - Bandage
    5-6: Left Behind: 7.507
    5-7: The Fallen: 16.297 - Portal
    5-8: Descent: 18.099
    5-9: Abomination: 14.246 - Bandage
    5-10: Grinding Mill: 12.344
    5-11: Heretic: 12.210
    5-12: 10 Horns: 8.890 - Bandage - Portal