As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MSPA: he's dead jim.

1565758596062»

• Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    the fandom is pretty easy to ignore though. think I'm going to stop reading the formspring though, it's somewhat wearying.

Cilla Black on
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    wait for real

because: lol

Beasteh on
  • SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I will keep reading the formspring, but I agree that AH isn't the best at putting forth a good image of himself.

Nontheless I find him funny.

Somestickguy on
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Beasteh wrote: »
    wait for real

because: lol

yeah man that was me i was the big zim fan

heck i still do like it I'LL ADMIT IT ROSS

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
    edited February 2011
    shh shh

its ok come here

shhh

Beasteh on
    edited February 2011
    I will keep reading the formspring, but I agree that AH isn't the best at putting forth a good image of himself.

nah it's not really anything to do with how he's putting forth an image

but it gets old seeing him point out the flaws of dumb questions in relatively the same way over and over.

Cilla Black on
  • ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    i'm going to keep reading the formspring but i think my disgusting fetish for watching people get mad at the internet is well known

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
    edited February 2011
    shh shh

its ok come here

shhh

I am assuming this was directed towards me and am now sobbing into my keyboard!

(ironically)

Somestickguy on
    edited February 2011
    shh shh

its ok come here

shhh

cradle me in your boner

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    After reading the last three pages, I guess the only way to save this thread at this point is to get it to 100 pages and put it out of its misery.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    edited February 2011
    commence fert spam til page 100

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Nothing has really been out of the ordinary? Except the Yeti stuff.

And that was pretty good.

Erics on
    fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
    edited February 2011
    crwth wrote: »
    shh shh

its ok come here

shhh

cradle me in your boner

nestle between my quivering mantits

Beasteh on
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    oh shit my fan yeti
    I forgot.

tomorrow.

tynic on
  • DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

nah it's not really anything to do with how he's putting forth an image

but it gets old seeing him point out the flaws of dumb questions in relatively the same way over and over.

Yeah, I feel the same. It's just sorta tiring.

@Erics: I think all the damn drama was pretty terrible.

Dux on
    edited February 2011
    Let's bring this thread home

And then take it out behind the woodshed and blow its brains out

Somestickguy on
    edited February 2011
    Erics wrote: »
    Nothing has really been out of the ordinary? Except the Yeti stuff.

And that was pretty good.

The yeti stuff was pretty fantastic, yes.

Baidol on
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    really I am all for the fan yetis

Seriously on
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    people getting legitimately upset at funny deaths is the funniest part of funny deaths

unintentional on
    edited February 2011
    people getting worked up over works of fiction is constantly baffling to me

maybe i'm the weird one here

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
    edited February 2011
    Here's some of the logic I used to show empirically that there is no reason to be upset over this character's death

... wow.

tynic on
    edited February 2011
    It was pretty funny seeing gamzee go into murder mode but I'm still sad to see Equius go even though it was blindingly obvious he was going to kick the bucket from the minute these murders started.

Cilla Black on
  • SwissLionSwissLion We are beside ourselves! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Also it's not like it wasn't an appropriate death for him.

Like someone pointed out it's a pretty decent example of the tragic hero, if a simplistic one.

And it garners a potentially very exciting/saddening/crazy reaction from nepeta.

Plus it was pretty dang funny for a lot of the same reasons!

The fact Hussie can straddle that divide as effectively as he does is a pretty big reason I enjoy Homestuck!

SwissLion on
    ImWcN1I.png?3
    edited February 2011
    Being emotionally invested in a story is not the issue. I read stories to be entertained, and that means getting angry, sad, joyous and baffled. It is when people get close to the line of saying they are owed something that it gets problematic.

Baidol on
    edited February 2011

the murder-mode page was laugh-out-loud funny
    and then as he died I was like "daaaaang" but I was smirking

unintentional on
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I don't know, I think part of it is basically this:
    How did the bowstring not snap in two when it met Equius's STRONG neck-muscles? Just his luck, huh? The one time a bowstring doesn't break around him, it's killing him.
    It's safe to say that if he twitched his neck muscles at all it probably would have broken the string.

He was just that passive.

I mean the other characters all died while at least trying to stand up for themselves, they were just overpowered. Equius apparently didn't even try, to the point where WHILE HE WAS BEING STRANGLED TO DEATH his neck muscles didn't even twitch he was so passive in his fetishistic passivity.

lolwut?

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    edited February 2011

can we define "worked up"

because it's definitely not unusual for people to get emotional over fiction, especially when they're invested in the story/characters. the fact they are tends to say a lot about the quality of the work, in fact.

it is however rather baffling to see people nerd raging about it.

Cilla Black on
  • Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    It's odd I had 0 emotional reaction to equis dying. Like.. not at all, didn't seem funny, wasn't scary, wasn't sad. Just "ho hum, okay whats next"

Andrew Ryan on
    Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
  • LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2011
    It's laughable how obtuse some of you are, complaining about the "meaninglessness" of these deaths. Everything that's happened so far is remarkably consistent with and well within the scope of each affected character, which can obviously be disappointing to view at times but is still way more important and purposeful than having a climactic showdown blindly for the sake of meaning. Formulaically doling out a concrete purpose alongside every death for the sake of value ultimately achieves the opposite effect and cheapens the story.

Mourning over the demise of a character you were fond of is normal, even more so if it wasn't as hard-fought as you may have liked, but if you feel the need to endlessly bitch about the fact that Hussie is "doing things all wrong" then you are kind of an entitled tool.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
    edited February 2011
    It's odd I had 0 emotional reaction to equis dying. Like.. not at all, didn't seem funny, wasn't scary, wasn't sad. Just "ho hum, okay whats next"

didn't even get off on it?

tynic on
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    It's sort of expected at this point. Tavros and Kanaya being killed was shocking, going back to finish off the really minor characters doesn't seem like a big deal in comparison.

Zek on
    edited February 2011

can we define "worked up"

because it's definitely not unusual for people to get emotional over fiction, especially when they're invested in the story/characters. the fact they are tends to say a lot about the quality of the work, in fact.

it is however rather baffling to see people nerd raging about it.

no yeah i mean i can understand people getting invested in a character to the point of empathy

but yeah nerd raging, telling hussie that he is doing it wrong with his own story

it's out of control

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Larlar wrote: »
    It's laughable how obtuse some of you are, complaining about the "meaninglessness" of these deaths. Everything that's happened so far is remarkably consistent with and well within the scope of each affected character, which can obviously be disappointing to view at times but is still way more important and purposeful than having a climactic showdown blindly for the sake of meaning. Formulaically doling out a concrete purpose alongside every death for the sake of value ultimately achieves the opposite effect and cheapens the story.

Mourning over the demise of a character you were fond of is normal, even more so if it wasn't as hard-fought as you may have liked, but if you feel the need to endlessly bitch about the fact that Hussie is "doing things all wrong" then you are kind of an entitled tool.

don't stop i'm almost there

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
    edited February 2011
    Larlar wrote: »

My only real issue is this is a much better reason to give for him dying the way he did than "he's a gag character."

Cilla Black on
    edited February 2011
    Somewhere deep in the annal of Hussie's formspring I think he mentioned, and correct me if I'm wrong, that Act Seven is more a short epilogue and Act Six is the real deal conclusion.

We're coming down to it. People gunna die.
    Even the kids.

Baidol on
    edited February 2011
    Baidol wrote: »
    Somewhere deep in the annal

heh

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
    edited February 2011
    whenever someone counts off the trolls I am surprised at how few we have left that are sane and alive

but I guess it makes sense because pretty much every death has also involved a person becoming a crazy, so it counts double

karkat terezi nepeta sollux + kids 4 eight player session 2011

unintentional on
    edited February 2011
    Baidol wrote: »
    Somewhere deep in the annal

heh

I'm not even going to fix it.

Baidol on
    edited February 2011
    Though, to be totally fair, I still like what he said here
    I think of the big picture, and like I say all the time, I consider how it reads straight through as opposed to dripped out tortuously for day to day analysis and second guessing. In the slow motion of present moment, the readers deal in countless WOULDN'T IT BE COOL IFs, but each of those is lacking broader vision. I'm the one keeping track of the big picture here, and if I happen to mention that Equius going out with a bigger bang would have been kind of dumb, like so many other things on people's wish lists, I guess you just gotta trust me!

Cilla Black on
This discussion has been closed.