As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Halo Reach || Daily Challenge: Post in The New Thread, This One Is Done

• MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    ALSO FYI, all maps to be considered for submission to matchmaking must be complete/tested by this upcoming Friday, as there's a cutoff for when they have to be submitted for the next community content push in MM.

Can I get one of mine in on Wednesday's list? I'd like to give it a few team runs.

Mechanical on
  • Noble Six ActualNoble Six Actual Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    "HEY, GUYS. I'M DARKPRIMUS AND I'M A HUGE FUCKING NAYSAYER."

When Joystiq says "COMING" not "RUMORED" - I buy into it. E3 is coming, there will be a huge announcement, and we'll all buy it, play it together and still hate playing it with Primus because he won't quit bitching about teamwork in BTB while we all joke around and have a good time.

I don't know how you can complain about me when I haven't been able to play Halo with anyone for over two months now, so fuck you. Every time I get on it's "oh we're all done playing Halo".

It's not about your actions, it's about your egacy.

I'll buy the hell out of an H1 remake if it has the 343i/Bungie blessing. I don't see why the outsourcing is such a big deal, really. Bungie couldn't make them forever and MS won't let it die - if it turns out good, how will it be a bad thing?

Noble Six Actual on
    XBL: JerichoTwoFour / PSN: ZeroFourThree
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011

I'll buy the hell out of an H1 remake if it has the 343i/Bungie blessing. I don't see why the outsourcing is such a big deal, really.

halo2_vista_425px.jpg

FyreWulff on
  • Noble Six ActualNoble Six Actual Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, but this isn't a port.

Noble Six Actual on
    XBL: JerichoTwoFour / PSN: ZeroFourThree
  • heckelsheckels Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I agree with Willeth, they should remake halo CE and 2 with the reach engine and put reach multiplayer on a seperate disc with all the maps. And remake a lot of halo ce and 2's multiplayer maps either in forge or as new maps...

heckels on
    heckels_zps9443e2b3.png
  • KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    If anyone is curious. This is the version of Oblivious that is being submitted to Match Making:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=13650496&player=Kor%20of%20Memory

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    heckels wrote: »
    I agree with Willeth, they should remake halo CE and 2 with the reach engine and put reach multiplayer on a seperate disc with all the maps. And remake a lot of halo ce and 2's multiplayer maps either in forge or as new maps...

Would it be suitable for the size required?

Look at how expansive stuff like Two Betrayals was.

Though if they are doing a remake, I'd like to see extra content from other viewpoints. Having a level from the view of say Jenkins in which they actually made you feel like a mere marine (rather then ODST style 'you're basically spartans') would be a nice change of pace. And something Bungie would never do.

Leitner on
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Leitner wrote: »

Though if they are doing a remake, I'd like to see extra content from other viewpoints. Having a level from the view of say Jenkins in which they actually made you feel like a mere marine (rather then ODST style 'you're basically spartans') would be a nice change of pace. And something Bungie would never do.

Something along the lines of Ghost Recon or that Republic Commandos Star Wars title would be a fun game to play. Also I know the game's titled "Halo" but lets see some of the other Humans vs Covenant battles across the galaxy dammit.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
    edited February 2011
    Yea I like the idea of other view points too. Maybe let you play some of the extra stuff that was in the book. No matter what they decided to do people are going to buy it and people are going to bitch about anything they changed and anything they didnt change that they should of...

heckels on
    heckels_zps9443e2b3.png
    edited February 2011
    There are two 3 things to me that really define the Halo experience. If any games made by other developers hold onto these 3 things I can be happy.

1 - Color variation. Purple Covenant cruisers look amazing, as do the lush green landscapes.

2 - Weapon variety that actually matters. I still don't understand the point of all of CODs different weapons when two bullets from any gun will kill you.

3 - Vehicle play. This is kind of a no brainer.

Kor on
    edited February 2011
    Freaking weekly. 500 precision kills in matchmaking?

FyreWulff on
    edited February 2011

Swat
    Team Snipers
    BTB

Or Slayer Pro in FFA I guess. If you're winning those that's 25 kills in a game. That means you could theoretically do it in 20 games.

Kor on
    edited February 2011
    Y'know I forgot about the weekly stuff altogether. I was wondering what that meter was counting up in my HUD was last night on my Legendary playthrough.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    edited February 2011
    Kor wrote: »
    There are two 3 things to me that really define the Halo experience. If any games made by other developers hold onto these 3 things I can be happy.

1 - Color variation. Purple Covenant cruisers look amazing, as do the lush green landscapes.

2 - Weapon variety that actually matters. I still don't understand the point of all of CODs different weapons when two bullets from any gun will kill you.

3 - Vehicle play. This is kind of a no brainer.

Yea but COD has 7 "guns" SMG, AR, Sniper, shotgun, Rocket launcher, Grenade launcher, and pistol. In these classes of guns it doesnt differ much.

heckels on
    heckels_zps9443e2b3.png
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Swat
    Team Snipers
    BTB

Or Slayer Pro in FFA I guess. If you're winning those that's 25 kills in a game. That means you could theoretically do it in 20 games.

yep yep! fun times in Swat... it's weird how much I play that gametype now for how much I groaned at it being in the team slayer playlist. ._.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    edited February 2011
    Actually, I just remembered that SWAT is going to get a bunch of new Objective gametypes.

Guess I know which playlist I'll be playing this week.

FyreWulff on
    edited February 2011
    By the way Kor, could you post Oblivious to this group as an icebreaker?

http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/zombiecartographers/Group/GroupHome.aspx

FyreWulff on
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Actually, I just remembered that SWAT is going to get a bunch of new Objective gametypes.

oh man, that's awesome news!

some variant of territories, I hope.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    edited February 2011
    Fyre, are you still wanting 2v2 maps? Like if I started working on one, and even if I couldn't finish it by your contest date, would you still want it?

Kor on
    edited February 2011

Posting in what way?

Kor on
    edited February 2011

oh man, that's awesome news!

some variant of territories, I hope.

From last BWU, goes live tommorow:

Team SWAT: New gametype offerings are now available in the Team SWAT playlist. New gametypes include Oddball, Stockpile and 3 Plots.

Fyre, are you still wanting 2v2 maps? Like if I started working on one, and even if I couldn't finish it by your contest date, would you still want it?

Yes

Posting in what way?

There's a posting template stickied on the right side of the forums

FyreWulff on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

For the first time ever, Fyre will push for voting for DMR starts!

DarkPrimus on
    edited February 2011
    Or I might finally play Team Snipers :3

I'd honestly play Team Snips if it got Objectives like SWAT just did. I don't really see the point if it's just another Team Slayer playlist though..

FyreWulff on
    edited February 2011
    Fyre, just so you know, you've got description listed in that sticky twice.

Kor on
    edited February 2011
    Nice catch, fixing it. The first one was supposed to be the description as it appears in the game, the second one the summary for the sake of the forum, so now that's been clarified.

FyreWulff on
    edited February 2011
    I posted Oblivious in there.

Kor on
    edited February 2011
    So is there a master list of the folks that play on the boards here so I can add 'em to my friends list in hopes of getting some non-jackassery competition?

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    edited February 2011
    There isn't really a list. Depending on what time of the day you might play depends on who you'd be playing with. Though it should be noted that while a lot of us in here hang out in XBL parties together, Halo hasn't necessarily been on our to-do list lately.

That said, if you friend Fyrewulff, Ratsult2, or myself, you'll see us on when we're on. Usually late evenings throughout most of the week.

Kor on
  • TikhonTikhon Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ok, so until my college gets their T1 fixed, I'm stuck on iffy DSL. The guys and I play offline for now, since Matchmaking is currently a pipedream.

Can anyone link me or hook me up with the best maps PA has to offer? The default maps are starting to get a little stale.

Anything made by Kor would be fine. Or just anything not broken. Nothing more annoying that downloading maps, loading them up, one person dies, and then they respawn in hemorrhage canyon.

Tikhon on
    cockman.jpg
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I have this. I don't think it's broken, but it's only really been tested twice with FFA.

Mechanical on
    edited February 2011
    Mechanical wrote: »
    I have this. I don't think it's broken, but it's only really been tested twice with FFA.

Thank you! I'll let you know how it holds up the next time we get a Halo night going.

Tikhon on
    cockman.jpg
    edited February 2011
    Tikhon, which of my maps do you have? If any.

Kor on
    edited February 2011
    Oblivious.

I was the poor bastard who accidentally deleted all things associated with his profile a while back.

Tikhon on
    cockman.jpg
    edited February 2011
    I'll put my Trips map back up for you tomorrow. It's a fun random looking map for social play, not really a solid MM map, but good for localized stuff.

I've been told it reminds people of a paintball course.

Kor on
    edited February 2011
    Awesome, thanks. Anything to keep from another Rust tournament in MW2.

Tikhon on
    cockman.jpg
    edited February 2011
    Here you go:

Trips

Block Fort

Kor on
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Leitner wrote: »

Good games last night, man. Sorry I didn't have my headset in though, hope it wasn't too boring.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • SnowblindvictimSnowblindvictim Flying casual Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Guys, I'm so bored.
    Make the pain stop!

Snowblindvictim on
  • hailthefishhailthefish Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    hailthefish on
  • T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011