As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[DC Universe Online] Now Free-to-Play! Lightning Strikes DLC now available, zappy zappy.

• EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    TexiKen, the cola bug is happening for most people/characters in Legends, not just Nightwing. Some kind of stealth or shape shift that changes your action bar will bring it back.

Euphoriac on
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    I must have missed this during the tutorial. I'm Acrobatic: how do I intercept someone who's coming at me from the air? (using a 360 pad on PC)

you cry. that's all i do

I have definitely experimented with that strategy so far.

Maybe I just need to spam that rangey attack, you guys are probably right. I have taser line but it's not enough to keep them planted. Looking at other skills in the tree. Oh well, whatever.

But yeah this game seems fun and pleasantly atmospheric in the two cities. COmbat is peppy, although I really haven't internalized the rock paper scissors yet.

desc on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    what they meant is that the three movement trees all have one move that disables (turns off) your movement skill

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Also, if you have any DoTs, those serve as a great way to keep people from getting out of combat and re-activating their movement power.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Riale wrote: »
    Also, if you have any DoTs, those serve as a great way to keep people from getting out of combat and re-activating their movement power.

Also, judicious use of zip and grapple lines are a great way to ruin someone's day. Either in chasing them, or escaping. Acrobatics also has a move that wraps the grapple line around an enemy, rooting/stunning them. On top of that, you can also hit someone with a lasso from the iconic power set.

Acrobatics has an immense edge, in that noone can move as fast as an acro user can in situational locations (Which happens to be most of the cities...).

An acrobatics user can advance up a skyscraper faster then anyone else, and can jet across a street while airborne quicker then anyone else can. These moves can usually be done in combat, too.

Archonex on
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Sigh... I know exactly what I want my Green Lantern character to look like. Just give me the option, game.

Ceno on
  • EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Err, what was the screenshot button again?

Euphoriac on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    F9 and you'll be fine!

TexiKen on
  • MorvidusMorvidus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I've been staying in controller stance ever since I held down three other villains by myself. My biggest complaint is that I wish controller stance would affect all forms of healing because 90% of people who intentionally engage in world PvP are fire.

Oh, and I've neglected my sorcery hand blaster because I don't like it. My new main toon is Malachite Marksman, and I could use a league invite.

Morvidus on
  • CururuCururu Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm loving the concept of the Vault, especially as I find more fun and useful stuff. So far the best thing I've gotten out of it is a Mark of Distinction, and the most entertaining thing I've gotten out of it is a clown nose, which turns out is actually a trinket that disguises you as one of those giant Clownsanity clowns. It's perfect for confusing people.

Cururu on
    edited February 2011
    I keep forgetting about the vault. Only been in twice. How often can you go in, once a day?

Ceno on
    edited February 2011
    Is the vault just that one Joker arena?

.....I haven't been in since I opened it at level 6......

And Morvidus how did you hold off 3 people in a controller stance? My gadget guy can only take on 2 people at once if I use the 100% supercharge bunker buster and throw lots of bombs and gausse grenades.

TexiKen on
  • tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    You can use it once a day. I forget about it until I make new character.

I wonder how much time they spent on voice capture in this game. You have your time tested standards for big characters, but the NPCs are annoying to me. Lex Core must have some cloning facility because all their guys sound the same.

The Booster Gold stuff is also has some audio hiccups, as well. You can hear the guy sucking in breath sound right before goes into a speech about whatever many times. I've also heard it a few time on some NPCs.

Oh, I think I ran into my first hacker last night. Some bastard with dual pistols tried to take me, but I got up in his grill. We were fighting in the water and when I got in the last hit to take him out he just dissapeared. I don't know if he sank or when they kneel in the water they can't be targeted/seen. It was weird.

tallgeeze on
    edited February 2011
    The Vault is definitely worth visiting regularly. You can get things there that you can't get anywhere else, like equipment pieces that temporarily override your movement mode so that you can do the races for the other movement types and get the associated feats. You can also get some interesting costume pieces (I recently got a solid steel baseball cap, for example).

But just the remote chance of a Mark of Distinction or any other Mark without doing a raid, that alone makes it worth it, to me at least.

Cururu on
  • FlipprDolphinFlipprDolphin Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    this game is bothering me as a healer so far

I go in an alert, im in a group, but group chat doesnt work and says im not in a group
    If my allies are spread out and one of them is getting hurt, i have no idea who is who on the mini-map, all I see are diamonds.
    I cant heal other people in the world as a healer without being in a group. I see someone on my faction being hurt, I cant heal them.
    I cant see hp of people on my faction either in the world. See a hero vs villain fighting, is the person who is on my side almost dead? is he full health?
    No one ever speaks either in alerts (granted im only level 12) or anywhere else really.

FlipprDolphin on
  • Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    i was fine in an alert as far as seeing the other folks on my team (it was area 51, so no hero on villain action), but year nobody was talking, however i could hear a guy eating. I think because the voice chat is spotty nobody bothers with it.

Has anyone elses missions been disappearing? I was on Trigon unbound (or whatever), and took a break to go help a friend on the Hive missions. when i logged in the next time, that mission was gone replaced by the Giganta series of missions. I guess i leveled out of it?

Dr. Frenchenstein on
    edited February 2011
    I think I healed a person that I wasn't grouped with one time. It's hard to tell even when you are grouped with someone because if you don't target them directly with the reticule you end up healing yourself which is a waste most of the time.

For healers they should make heals that either heal yourself or another person a different color. I don't think this game has the ability to be modded since it's primarily directed to consoles, but if it does then that would be my #2 thing to address. A better chat system is always #1.

Was it this bad to chat in previous SOE games or is just a problem because of the PS3 centricity?
    i was fine in an alert as far as seeing the other folks on my team (it was area 51, so no hero on villain action), but year nobody was talking, however i could hear a guy eating. I think because the voice chat is spotty nobody bothers with it.

Has anyone elses missions been disappearing? I was on Trigon unbound (or whatever), and took a break to go help a friend on the Hive missions. when i logged in the next time, that mission was gone replaced by the Giganta series of missions. I guess i leveled out of it?

You always keep your missions until you finish them from my experience. I was having some issues with some of the Trigon missions villain side this weekend and submitted a bug report. I waited about a day and leveled 2 more times before I checked on it again. It was fixed and I could do it just fine.

tallgeeze on
    edited February 2011
    tallgeeze wrote: »
    The Booster Gold stuff is also has some audio hiccups, as well. You can hear the guy sucking in breath sound right before goes into a speech about whatever many times. I've also heard it a few time on some NPCs.
    I felt that the booster gold breathing thing during his exploration things were on purpose.
    Oh, I think I ran into my first hacker last night. Some bastard with dual pistols tried to take me, but I got up in his grill. We were fighting in the water and when I got in the last hit to take him out he just dissapeared. I don't know if he sank or when they kneel in the water they can't be targeted/seen. It was weird.
    queued up for pvp/raid/alert/whatever and it came up right before he died. so he joined the alert/whatever and disappears. saved myself that way once

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited February 2011
    tallgeeze wrote: »
    I felt that the booster gold breathing thing during his exploration things were on purpose.
    queued up for pvp/raid/alert/whatever and it came up right before he died. so he joined the alert/whatever and disappears. saved myself that way once

Ah, that was lucky for him I guess. I was reading complaints on the official forum about similar scenarios, so that's what made me think it was a hack.

I was on the fence on weather to focus on my PvE or PvP server, but I think I will stick with PvP since most of my gankers are pretty bad or get me when I'm fighting 3 or 4 guys. I'm getting the hang of the combo system, so I think I got a good shot of rocking faces once I get to 30.

I should join you guys. I joined some random league and all I got was a lot of people not realizing their mics were on.

tallgeeze on
  • Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm playing on PS3 on Blood Will Run. Gankers aren't too bad most of the time, although last night in little bohemia was pretty bad.

I'm just starting to get too many powers for my Sorcery Healer's tray, so i'm splitting some into DPS, and some into healer mode. is that the only way to do things? or is there like a secondary tray i'm missing (like hold down both L2/R2 or something)? I'm assuming i wont be using a large number of powers ultimately? i mostly get all my damage from weapon combos anyways.

Dr. Frenchenstein on
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    With the $10/month rate, this looks more appealing. Now if only I can find the base game on sale sometime this month to give it a try.

Doctor Detroit on
  • buddyleebuddylee Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Previous SOE games (particularly EQ2) were easy to target and distribute heals, aggro, etc.

I love the game, but even I will admit the UI and console-centricness need to be patched up and away for the PC version.

Hell, on my mini-map, I have no idea which of my teammates are where on the map. Makes for a comedy of errors.

buddylee on
    Jack Burton: "Like I told my last wife, I says, 'Honey, I never drive faster than I can see'. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes."
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm still not sure if I'm resubbing after the first month. Anyone staying or with a lifetime I can promote for the D&G league?

Docshifty on
    edited February 2011
    The way the glitches aren't being fixed (their is a villain league on Death & Glory called AOD, and all they do in PvP is spam dual pistol glitch, DotComRich is one of them) in a timely manner, and how the targeting and lag seems to be off when using distance weapons, I'm thinking that I'm done with the game if they don't fix anything by the 21st, which is the end of my free month.

It was a fun few weeks playing the story and with some of the more open areas of the world, but I don't have it in me to try and work around the glitches anymore.

TexiKen on
  • MorvidusMorvidus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I feel like a failure at life when I have to resort to dual pistols on my gadgetroller. It's not that I'm even using them to glitch. It's just that they're the only vitalization weapon that I've picked up out of all my skill trees, bow, rifle, one-hand, and dual pistols.

I started a villain on D&G, and the people there are much more helpful and constructive when it comes to gameplay, both PvE and PvP. I may just stick with villainy so I don't have to see D&G hero chat fill up with complaints about gankers and trolls. The only QQ I hear in villain chat is about pistol glitchers and invulnerability hackers.

Morvidus on
  • DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    this game is bothering me as a healer so far

I go in an alert, im in a group, but group chat doesnt work and says im not in a group
    If my allies are spread out and one of them is getting hurt, i have no idea who is who on the mini-map, all I see are diamonds.
    I cant heal other people in the world as a healer without being in a group. I see someone on my faction being hurt, I cant heal them.
    I cant see hp of people on my faction either in the world. See a hero vs villain fighting, is the person who is on my side almost dead? is he full health?
    No one ever speaks either in alerts (granted im only level 12) or anywhere else really.

For some reason, the game usually does not consider a group that was thrown together via the queue, to be a normal group. Thus, group chat usually doesn't work in alerts (or duos), unless it is with a premade group. Shout works as a great substitute, though.

Dizzen on
    edited February 2011
    What is this Dual Pistol glitch of which you speak, and could it be the reason why an opponent playing the Joker in one of my Legends matches last night was able to kill me pretty much instantly? I've never seen damage numbers pop up so fast :(

Although, on the plus side, I think that's the only glitcher I've come across in Legends matches so far.

Cururu on
    edited February 2011
    The dual pistol glitch is from the same line of animation glitch, where with a macro key it can spam the attack for about 5x as much damage. I played as dual pistol allt he way to 30, and there are two things i've seent he glitch be used on:

-full auto where you hold the right click and it just shoots off 20-30 worth of damage per hit, but you can at best get 4 hits in a second, not 20.

-the tap right click hold left click lunging shot where you shoot off about 10 rounds in the animation motion while lunging into your opponent. I got hit with this in PvP on STAR Labs about 4 times and when you see a row of "-30" in the span of three seconds and then boom dead, that's pretty much a glitch.

All they have to do for the animation glitch fix is to make it force the animation to finish before another move can be started. So you can't hit a power while pulling a weapon combo, but if it stops the glitching I'm all for it.

I've heard of the Joker being a glitch but I don't see it on Huntress when you switch her to guns.

TexiKen on
    edited February 2011
    TexiKen wrote: »
    The dual pistol glitch is from the same line of animation glitch, where with a macro key it can spam the attack for about 5x as much damage. I played as dual pistol allt he way to 30, and there are two things i've seent he glitch be used on:

-full auto where you hold the right click and it just shoots off 20-30 worth of damage per hit, but you can at best get 4 hits in a second, not 20.

-the tap right click hold left click lunging shot where you shoot off about 10 rounds in the animation motion while lunging into your opponent. I got hit with this in PvP on STAR Labs about 4 times and when you see a row of "-30" in the span of three seconds and then boom dead, that's pretty much a glitch.

All they have to do for the animation glitch fix is to make it force the animation to finish before another move can be started. So you can't hit a power while pulling a weapon combo, but if it stops the glitching I'm all for it.

I've heard of the Joker being a glitch but I don't see it on Huntress when you switch her to guns.
    That definitely sounds like what I was getting hit with, but I'm playing on a PS3 and I didn't think macros were supported there. Unless it's some kind of programmable controller or a hacked unit or something. In any case, yeah, they really need to fix that.

Cururu on
    edited February 2011
    sweep shot is tap x, tap x, hold x. you see, 1 hit, 1 hit, 4 aoe hits

sweep shot "glitch" is tap x, tap x, hold x for 3 seconds. you see 1 hit, 1 hit, 4 aoe hits, 8 aoe hits. (you sweep your arms during hte four hits, and right before the arms sweep back down to natural position the 8 hits pop up) the aoe hits are split between the number of targets, so around 4+ enemies it's better to just do full auto. the damage can easily be beaten by normal aoe skills, but sweep shot doesn't cost energy and the high combo potential helps regen back a lot of energy which you can save for when you get ganked or get overwhelmed. it can be stopped by any type of stun/pop-up/knockdown, and in pvp you can just block and the person sweep shotting will do no damage and also fall down.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited February 2011
    sweep shot is tap x, tap x, hold x. you see, 1 hit, 1 hit, 4 aoe hits

sweep shot "glitch" is tap x, tap x, hold x for 3 seconds. you see 1 hit, 1 hit, 4 aoe hits, 8 aoe hits. (you sweep your arms during hte four hits, and right before the arms sweep back down to natural position the 8 hits pop up) the aoe hits are split between the number of targets, so around 4+ enemies it's better to just do full auto. the damage can easily be beaten by normal aoe skills, but sweep shot doesn't cost energy and the high combo potential helps regen back a lot of energy which you can save for when you get ganked or get overwhelmed. it can be stopped by any type of stun/pop-up/knockdown, and in pvp you can just block and the person sweep shotting will do no damage and also fall down.

While this is true (and the same extended combo exists for hand blast right tap x2 - right hold combo) the actual sweep shot glitch hits even more times than that. There are some videos of people getting hit with it floating around. I've seen upwards of 25 hits.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    edited February 2011
    yeah those are speed hacks and whatnot.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • lu tzelu tze Sweeping the monestary steps.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    For what it's worth, I've had upwards of 40 hits register using the sweep shot bug (note: on training dummies only, I refuse to cheat), no hacks required.

Edit: Any fellow Arcadians playing on EU servers btw?

lu tze on
    World's best janitor
    edited February 2011
    This might be a dumb question, but the hard alerts like the Watchtower containment facility, if you do the alert does it count for the mission tab that you get or are they separate? I've got like 15 tabs of open missions to do including what looks like the raids.

TexiKen on
  • MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I will play when this gets cheaper...say in the $35 range.

Did anyone get the mystery item yet off of facebook? I keep forgetting, but I got up to the mallet, so it's next!

Edit: Meh, apparently a wallpaper? Bleh.

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
    edited February 2011
    saw this on the official forums looking to see if anything has been done, but everyone use Amazonian Deflection when you see an exploiter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fki3jLHvvyk

That makes me so happy to see.

TexiKen on
  • WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This might be a dumb question, but the hard alerts like the Watchtower containment facility, if you do the alert does it count for the mission tab that you get or are they separate? I've got like 15 tabs of open missions to do including what looks like the raids.

yes, if you do the alert associated with the quest, you do get credit. The reward for the quest is another badge of triumph I believe. Problem is, if you take the badge, it'll actually bug your total so you have to re-log to be able to purchase anything. It's a known bug with non-wearable items such as badges, collections, etc. if you move them in your inventory, receive in trade, or get them out of the mail or bank.

Two tips for watchtower when you do the hacker boss. If you have an at-or-below geared tank to the instance, make sure he blocks when the boss uses his big attack. It can rack up damage quick. Secondly, make sure the dps drop the adds as fast as possible. This was the first "hard" alert we tried, and it was a little painful until we got the gimmicks down, fun instance though.

WolveSight on
    253J736.png
    edited February 2011
    saw this on the official forums looking to see if anything has been done, but everyone use Amazonian Deflection when you see an exploiter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fki3jLHvvyk

That makes me so happy to see.
    First off, that is awesome. Wish I had thought of that, but I tend to ignore all of the non-innate Iconic moves.

Second, please tell me that is an existing song and that someone didn't just create a rap for their exploit counter.

Cururu on
    edited February 2011
    It is very real. Aaron Carter is our shining god.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfhhWA9GF0M

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    edited February 2011
    Docshifty wrote: »
    I'm still not sure if I'm resubbing after the first month. Anyone staying or with a lifetime I can promote for the D&G league?

I've got a lifetime, I just haven't rolled a character on Death & Glory. If the league doesn't mind a leader that's a figurehead (since I don't have an enormous amount of time to play), I'd be happy to level a guy up to keep the league intact.

Edit: I already have a character in my head. Can roll it up tonight if need be. What's the hero league name on D&G?

Ceno on