Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Peace, Justice, Unity [UNIFIED DISCUSSION]

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The Foundation is pretty much out and out a villain group bent on no less than world domination and establishing a mutant overclass.

SUNSET is an anarchist group. They don't just want to destroy the government, they want to destroy all government and allow the world to be ruled by survival of the fittest.

The Temple of the Ram worships a power-mad Titan. Enough said.

The Perfect Council isn't necessarily evil, but they aren't really good either. Eldritch, the man who created and commands the Council, is a capricious and unpredictable fellow, ostensibly allied with Ultimatum's regime but holding it in complete contempt. Eldritch's power is linked to the power of magic itself, so his agenda seems entirely based around building magical power in the world and, in effect, empowering himself. Self-centered, perhaps, but not necessarily sinister.

Africa, especially South Africa, is ruled by warlords of varying power and technology. It's where you will find brutal cybernetic gladiators like Ayize Nkosi, and other nefarious tyrants who aren't much different than the sort of heavily armed gangs that ruled parts of Africa before the Anathema came.

Paris and its suburbs have a serious problem with warlocks and alchemists who essentially rule the chaotic City of Light from their catacombs, their demonic servants and homonculi darting out from the shadows, locked in their own sectarian power struggles.

All the while, groups like the Faceless, the Vitruvianists, or the Oyakoba Corporation sit back and bide their time, waiting for their chance to strike.

Top it all off with places like Munich, Tokyo, or Santiago

It's a scary world out there.

• RedeemerRedeemer Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Mysst wrote: »
    Redeemer wrote: »
    Pretty much

He's essentially me with powers

We could be brothers! Over the course of the past year I've had 3 different characters with my D&D group, all drastically different in powers but all essentially me, and I'm about to bring back the first character, which is me if I was a D&D character.

Bacunawa is me, except more Filipino. Because seriously, I was raised with my white mother and I didn't learn jack about my heritage.

I was raised by my chinese mother learned fuck all about my heritage, too

Hi5

25jyxzr.jpg
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Oh fuck I just read up on Nemesis Challenges

Graves you need to give me Rapture's information immediately

IsaacSig.png
    3DS: 3007 8087 2767 | Nintendo ID: AngryFrog
  • SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Pony wrote: »
    Sorenson wrote: »
    Aw, man. This could be like 1999-2001 all over again.

I don't supose it's too late to get in on this, is it?

it's not

now go read 260 pages of posts and you'll be up to speed

i kid i kid

there's a wiki i'm working on that explains all.

I've got a gist, I think, and I just cannibalized some other sheets and the like. One idea's solid, and another I can get down if the second can't be fixed.

"Zeittaucher"
    Level 6 Mercenary (30 points)
    Faction: Freelance, pro-Vanguard/S.U.N.

Sheet Concept
    Spoiler:

Biography
    Spoiler:

Powers:
    Spoiler:
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    Man, I don't know you guys. I think I might write up another character if Blak doesn't pan out.

He'd be a dude who used those experimental "Non-Lethal" weapons on people. Just auto-shottgunning the fuck out of people with bean-bag rounds.
    :^:

Gamertag, Crackdown metatag, and other interesting stuff below!
    Join the Wang Defense Force and help stop the insect menace!
    Help a poor bastard out! Read (or at least visit) my Bright Hub articles!
    Spoiler:
  • ReynoldsReynolds Japan's Greatest Import Proto Neo TokyoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Alright, I've finally settled on a character. Here's the portrait.
    Spoiler:

steam_sig.png
  • VivixenneVivixenne aDAWRable! Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    t Langly -

Codename: PEAL

Name: Charles Langly
    Alignment: Vigilante

CHARACTER ABILITIES
    Spoiler:

edited May 2007
    I actually don't know if I want to play Genesis or Diana Hardy more.

Because while Genesis would be more fun and creative to play, Diana Hardy has so much potential in terms of the kinds of things I could do with her character, whether in a mission or "checking up" and "treating" supers.

DH does take more work, though, so I'll probably end up sticking with Genesis.

• FedoraFedora Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Jeez, after looking over the OP again, I really wanna know how Cobalt can be a "Thorn in Ultimatum's side" if he's just a normal dude.

Does he know what his kryptonite is? Is that it?

• RedeemerRedeemer Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Cobalt is pretty much this universe's Batman, so I don't doubt that he holds whatever it is necessary to beat Ultimatum

25jyxzr.jpg
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    t Langly -

CHARACTER ABILITIES
    Spoiler:

This is so awesome! Thanks alot. I especially like how you got the sonic powers in there.

• FedoraFedora Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Also, I know you guys don't know this yet, but Cobalt looks rad as hell.

And I can only hope that I can convey that through drawing.

• HarrierHarrier Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Harrier wrote: »
    Also I guess my character has to be killed by some sort of superhero AIDS analogue
    Fuck that tired Claremont shit, come join the Errant Knights and be awesome with us!

Tell me about the Errant Knights

Also - to those who commissioned me to work on character themes - I need to re-install GarageBand but the CD is with a friend, so I'll have it done tomorrow
    They are a refuge for the undesirable.

For the vigilantes who perhaps only want to defend a few blocks of their own neighborhood from reckless super-criminals.

For superheroes who have left or been turned away from the Vanguard.

For magic-users whom the Vanguard would rather have not exist.

We are all bound by a desire to use our power and skill for the good of our fellow humans at every scale- including the small scale that the Vanguard, with their global concerns, sometimes misses. And because the Vanguard frowns upon the work we do, we ally to protect ourselves. We keep each other safe and free, so that we are all able to do our jobs as heroes.

We have no rulers, no hierarchy, no capital city. We do not make policy and issue decrees. We protect the weak and uphold the law, as the feudal knights did in the lands under their control.

The King of the world will not make us a part of his system, however, so we have no lord. Thus, we are knights- but Errant Knights.

I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
    edited May 2007
    Fedora wrote: »

i did post one picture with him in it, although he's hard to see

edited May 2007
    Langly wrote: »
    t Langly -

CHARACTER ABILITIES
    Spoiler:

This is so awesome! Thanks alot. I especially like how you got the sonic powers in there.
    You're welcome. :)

I actually nerfed your sonic powers a lot because I didn't want to "overpower" him (so I made it a shockwave instead of a sonic blast), but you can of course keep what functions you like.

• One Thousand DicksOne Thousand Dicks :D! Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

That was the one with the Genesis lyrics, right?

• FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY EVERY DAYRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    someone should make a character that can psychically seperate things from other things

the concrete and steel in a building, for example

or skin from muscle and muscle from bone

xcomsig.png
    edited May 2007

Yes.

Land of Confusion is a really appropriate song for someone like Cobalt

• LardalishLardalish Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Also I guess my character has to be killed by some sort of superhero AIDS analogue
    Fuck that tired Claremont shit, come join the Errant Knights and be awesome with us!

Tell me about the Errant Knights

Also - to those who commissioned me to work on character themes - I need to re-install GarageBand but the CD is with a friend, so I'll have it done tomorrow
    They are a refuge for the undesirable.

For the vigilantes who perhaps only want to defend a few blocks of their own neighborhood from reckless super-criminals.

For superheroes who have left or been turned away from the Vanguard.

For magic-users whom the Vanguard would rather have not exist.

We are all bound by a desire to use our power and skill for the good of our fellow humans at every scale- including the small scale that the Vanguard, with their global concerns, sometimes misses. And because the Vanguard frowns upon the work we do, we ally to protect ourselves. We keep each other safe and free, so that we are all able to do our jobs as heroes.

We have no rulers, no hierarchy, no capital city. We do not make policy and issue decrees. We protect the weak and uphold the law, as the feudal knights did in the lands under their control.

The King of the world will not make us a part of his system, however, so we have no lord. Thus, we are knights- but Errant Knights.

Man, I feel all awesome and important for bein a part of this.

• GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    IsaacSig.png
    3DS: 3007 8087 2767 | Nintendo ID: AngryFrog
  • One Thousand DicksOne Thousand Dicks :D! Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

Yes.

Land of Confusion is a really appropriate song for someone like Cobalt

You should have included the next verse. "Superman, where are you now?" Etc, etc.

Edit: It works well thematically, is all I'm saying.

edited May 2007
    So come, ye outcasts! Ye unloved, ye desperate, ye forsaken servants of justice!

For if no one else will stand with you, we will.

I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
    edited May 2007
    Langly wrote: »
    t Langly -

CHARACTER ABILITIES
    Spoiler:

You're welcome. :)

I actually nerfed your sonic powers a lot because I didn't want to "overpower" him (so I made it a shockwave instead of a sonic blast), but you can of course keep what functions you like.

No I liked that change, it makes more sense than regular "sonic" powers. I think I still want him to be around fifth level, so I'll keep the second major power set, but I'll rename everything and make it a bit weaker.

• BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS
    edited May 2007
    Jesus Fuck, I go eat dinner and see Pirates again and theres almost 10 new pages?

You fuckers are animals.

SIG.gif
    edited May 2007
    Jesus Fuck, I go eat dinner and see Pirates again and theres almost 10 new pages?

You fuckers are animals.
    Well, Pony is back, so we have our conversation piece again.

edited May 2007
    Pony came back and told us of wonderous things.

So naturally the thread explodes.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus IT'S DARE! Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So what is the Nemesis thing you are all talking about?

spartasig.gif
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
    edited May 2007
    Langly's marks my 20th character done to date (whether bio or powers or both).

That doesn't include all this Hardy Clinic stuff I'm whipping up. ;)

edited May 2007
    Viv, would you be up for another go at my guy when the time comes? Cause I have a feeling that once the Wiki is up theres gonna be some changes.

edited May 2007
    You can request any number of edits or changes and I'll take care of it when it's your turn again.

Oh, and as a sidenote: I will almost always flesh out powers before bios, even if you ask me for both, since bios are generally something YOU as a person will want to figure out for yourself, since it's your character.

I will of course edit bios when asked, but usually that'll only happen if you asked me for JUST a bio. That way I get to more people more quickly.

• Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User
    edited May 2007
    so, i haven't been posting in this thread in a while. Redeemer, are we still on for some kind of teamup?

edited May 2007
    Can anyone think of some appropriately knightly symbol or heraldry that would, at the same time, be relatively simple?

Like I need something that could be replicated with spray paint on the side of an overpass.

edited May 2007
    Don't mind this post, just making a new character sheet because I can't edit the old one.

Codename: Peal

Super Power: Electrical Manipulation

Character Bio
    Spoiler:

Character Abilities
    Spoiler:

Character Powers
    Spoiler:

I don't really know how weaknesses work, but basically he's an older guy so while he's in good physical condition (using DKR batman as a model), he still gets tired faster than normal. Also more fragile. Since the change in polarity takes a lot of concentration, he can't keep zapping someone for long periods of time, but I don't know how to fit that in either.

edited May 2007
    edited May 2007
    Can anyone think of some appropriately knightly symbol or heraldry that would, at the same time, be relatively simple?

Like I need something that could be replicated with spray paint on the side of an overpass.

Ignore the crappy 30 second jobs I did on these, but they're just an idea.

Sheathed sword on top of a shield?
    Untitled.jpg

Or maybe the shield on top to say we defend first, but fight if we have to.
    emblem.jpg

edited May 2007
    The Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear?

• Darkblade_1Darkblade_1 __BANNED USERS
    edited May 2007
    Super heros can read Dune too!

iveseenvivstits.gif
    You're drawn to my eccentric Brawl Code: 4596 9143 4529
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear?

i recognized that, but fuck me if the rest of it didn't read like a cure song

EDIT: or this matthew good person

edited May 2007
    fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration

edited May 2007
    Or (Lardalilsh), what if we combine the sword and the shield?

Something like this:

errantknightslogo.jpg

edited May 2007
    i'm more influenced by literature than i am by anything else.

This discussion has been closed.