As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Peace, Justice, Unity [UNIFIED DISCUSSION]

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The Foundation is pretty much out and out a villain group bent on no less than world domination and establishing a mutant overclass.

SUNSET is an anarchist group. They don't just want to destroy the government, they want to destroy all government and allow the world to be ruled by survival of the fittest.

The Temple of the Ram worships a power-mad Titan. Enough said.

The Perfect Council isn't necessarily evil, but they aren't really good either. Eldritch, the man who created and commands the Council, is a capricious and unpredictable fellow, ostensibly allied with Ultimatum's regime but holding it in complete contempt. Eldritch's power is linked to the power of magic itself, so his agenda seems entirely based around building magical power in the world and, in effect, empowering himself. Self-centered, perhaps, but not necessarily sinister.

Africa, especially South Africa, is ruled by warlords of varying power and technology. It's where you will find brutal cybernetic gladiators like Ayize Nkosi, and other nefarious tyrants who aren't much different than the sort of heavily armed gangs that ruled parts of Africa before the Anathema came.

Paris and its suburbs have a serious problem with warlocks and alchemists who essentially rule the chaotic City of Light from their catacombs, their demonic servants and homonculi darting out from the shadows, locked in their own sectarian power struggles.

All the while, groups like the Faceless, the Vitruvianists, or the Oyakoba Corporation sit back and bide their time, waiting for their chance to strike.

Top it all off with places like Munich, Tokyo, or Santiago

It's a scary world out there.

Pony on
  • RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Mysst wrote: »
    Redeemer wrote: »
    Pretty much

He's essentially me with powers

We could be brothers! Over the course of the past year I've had 3 different characters with my D&D group, all drastically different in powers but all essentially me, and I'm about to bring back the first character, which is me if I was a D&D character.

Bacunawa is me, except more Filipino. Because seriously, I was raised with my white mother and I didn't learn jack about my heritage.

I was raised by my chinese mother learned fuck all about my heritage, too

Hi5

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Oh fuck I just read up on Nemesis Challenges

Graves you need to give me Rapture's information immediately

Green on
  • SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Pony wrote: »
    Sorenson wrote: »
    Aw, man. This could be like 1999-2001 all over again.

I don't supose it's too late to get in on this, is it?

it's not

now go read 260 pages of posts and you'll be up to speed

i kid i kid

there's a wiki i'm working on that explains all.

I've got a gist, I think, and I just cannibalized some other sheets and the like. One idea's solid, and another I can get down if the second can't be fixed.

"Zeittaucher"
    Level 6 Mercenary (30 points)
    Faction: Freelance, pro-Vanguard/S.U.N.

Sheet Concept
    Sex: Male
    Height: 6'
    Weight: 173 lbs
    Hair Color: Blonde
    Eye Color: Hazel

Powers

Core Attribute - Temporal Control (14 Points)
    Type: Major
    Feats (14):
    Cleave (Offense)
    Dodger (Defense)
    Everything-at-a-glance (Sensory)
    Friction Burn! (Offense)
    Great Resistance to Psychic Attacks (Defense)
    Impeccable Timing (Sensory)
    Piercing Blows (Offense)
    Sleight of Hand (Alteration)
    Speed-based Cloak (Alteration)
    Superhuman Speed (Movement)
    Superhuman Impacts (Offense)
    Superhuman Impact Resistance (Defense)
    Temporal Manipulation (General)
    Temporal Field Extension (Alteration)

Open Mind (10 points)
    Modifier: Major Reduced Versatility (-2 points)
    Feats (10):
    Brace (Alteration)
    En masse Object Hyper-Acceleration (Offense)
    Flight (Movement)
    Interception (Defense)
    Force Detection (Sensory)
    Multitasker (General)
    Telekinetic Buffer (Defense)
    Telekinetic Object Manipulation (General)
    Telekinetic "Radar" (Sensory)
    Unseen Blows (Offense)

Traits:

Combat Training (4 points)
    Feats (4):
    Close-Quarters-Combat (Offense)
    Duck and Cover (Defense)
    Military Knowledge (Alteration)
    Scope Out (Sensory)

Excellent Physical Shape (2 points)
    Type: Minor
    Feat:
    Excellent Physical Shape (Alteration)

Paramedic (1 point)
    Feat:
    Stabilize and treat injuries (General)

Devices:

Combat Armor (5 points)
    Modifier: Minor Device (-1 point)
    Feat:
    Light-weight full-body protection (Defense)

Flaws

Hippocratic Oath (-3 points)
    Has to help innocents who are injured or are about to be (Alteration)

Unwilling Leader (-3 Points)
    Avoids taking leadership like it was the plague (Alteration)

Biography
    Life was fairly idealic for Mikhail Rorstead. The well-loved and well-provided-for son of succussful German\Slavic immigrants living in Conneticut, and one of the "lucky" children with the ability to tap into the full powers of the mind, his childhood was one of fond memories and of attention, especially government agencies who were interested in the potential of such powers. It was no surprise to anyone that he chose to join the military, what with some of the incentives offered, though some would wonder about, though accept, his decision to specialize in medicine and first-aid as opposed to special-ops work. For whatever "squandering" he might have been guilty of, however, the outlook on life was good - at only 22, the future was bright and full of opportunities.
    And like most everything else, it all went to Hell when the Anathema came. For two years, Mikhail's life was a continuous race of life and death as he and other paramedics raced between battlefields and field hospitals, barely dropping off one patient before the call came out to pick up another. No matter what speeds the driver pressed, no matter what first-aid Mikhail performed, no matter what aid came from the superheroes who fought in the conflict, there was often never enough to help the wounded - never enough vitality, never enough medicine, and never enough time.
    It had been just another day when it happened. A combined force of soldiers and supers had been pressing to an alien ship in an effort to catch it when a medical evacuation was called for, and the ambulance had arrived just as the vessel had begun to lift off in escape. Outraged at the failure, one idealic man of carbon-copy steel boarded the vessel and ripped through it from one end to the other, gutting the ship. Spewing flames and gasses, it began its fall to earth, and the traditional cheer of this feat was raised.
    The cheers quickly turned to screams. Within the bowels of the alien vessel, some damaged component sputtered to life and fought against its mortal wounds, spewing forth energies the like of which man had never seen. An explosion ripped through the hull, and the vessel was vaporized in a massive wave of cosmic forces. Cosmic forces which spread for miles, bathing everything within range in energies that ate at the very fabric of space and time - the very fabric of those who were caught in the blast.
    The sights Mikhail bore witness to on that day are sights no man is fit to see. Bodies and parts phased in and out, leaving behind gutted shells and detached limbs. Men turned to ash before his eyes, faces and body parts withering to ash and revealing unaffected matter. But above all else there were the screams, an eternal and infernal wailing that seemed to exist on all scales, lasting for only the slightest but dragging on for what seemed eons.
    When finally it stopped, Mikhail stood alone in a barren waste, devoid of flora and fauns and character, devoid of the wind and devoid of the sun - devoid of existence. While his fellows had succumbed to that force which had taken over, he alone felt its being, felt its attachment to his own, felt where it extended and what it willed, but above all, felt how to maintain. But as much as he felt this force, he knew not of how to control it - that was something that would require nearly a year of concentration and contemplation while roaming that frozen instant of time. When finally that knowledge came, it did so at the cost of 11 years of normal time and everything the world had been - but with that mistake, there came understanding, and with that understanding, opportunities.
    Now having only himself, Mikhail returned to what he did best, taking on the role of a paramedic in the world of the S.U.N. and trying to forget about what happened, fearful of what might happen were he to tinker with the universe again. Try as he might, however, the force would not lay dormant - the times to ferry victims began to shorten; their vitality began to remain stable far longer, and those patients he brought in survived far more often, and in time he earned renown as a lifesaver above others.
    Despite his edict to forgo tampering with the power, he could not resist it, and in time embraced it - but nor could he resist the opportunities his gift could give. Taking on the mantle of the stereotypical vigilante, he began to hunt after those who were the root of the suffering he treated, relieving them of ill-gained valuables and freedom. The further he went, the greater the opportunities presented to him, but also the greater his greed - in time, he forsook paramedic service altogether and began to sell himself to the highest "agreeable" dollar. Anti-S.U.N. holdovers, warlords, wanted criminals, and other forms of human pestilence were brought down (and looted) by his hand, many a time on S.U.N.'s dollar. Though approached by groups, always he has refused their title, preferring "his" way of doing things - a blend of near-sadist hatred and greed countered by a desire to see the world well, typically through any means necessary.

Powers:
    Open Mind: Like many of the not-so-rare few who got lucky on the genetic draw, Mikhail is able to utilize those parts of the brain that allow for telepathic and telekinetic powers. Unlike those few, his abilities are focused not so much on manipulation of a single large object as it is a massive number of tiny ones - while it would take great effort to lift and toss a mid-sized sedan (more or less the limit of his power on a single object) he can manipulate several times the sedan's mass in small objects (computer discs, baseballs, marbles, ball bearings, bolts and screws, down to grains of sand and particles of smoke) with great ease, flinging them at hyper-fast speeds or creating (or disrupting) whirlwinds and storms. Asides from this, Mikhail also possesses the standard fare of most telekinetic packages - the ability to project a low-level TK field to "ping" objects and map out areas, levitation and flight, and a general awareness of things normal people are unable to perceive (as well as the kind of awareness needed to control a power).

Limits: Mikhail's TK powers lose effectiveness far more quickly than most when scaling up the size and mass of an object, and levitating a single person or small group is as far as he can go without bracing himself for the task. Additionally, while he can pick at individual pieces on non-biological objects (like undoing the screws and bolts and whatnot on a truck or picking lock tumblers) he can only do "general" projection against living creatures (no plucking eyes or crushing hearts or anything like that, though undoing the bolts on a cyborg's prosthetics might work) although he can manipulate non-living objects into doing precision work on biologicals, and he must have either a line of sight or a "ping" on something before he can manipulate it.

Temporal Control: The real meat of Mikhail's capabilities. When the drive on board the Anathema ship exploded, the cosmic energies it released were absorbed into the body of Mikhail and the others present at the time, granting them the same manipulation (and precision) over time and space and such as the drive used to hurl the vessel through the cosmos. Within a form-fitting field (which can be extended to fit one or two other individuals through direct physical contact) time is slowed down or sped up as Mikhail governs - a week can pass him by in a matter of seconds, or he can do in seconds what might take a week to perform. Such dilation and contraction naturally also effects the forces he exerts on the rest of the world, and even though his physique is only that of a well-exercised human, he can deliver blows capable of ripping through steel with the rest of the strengthened supers, with the inverse holding true with the field acting as a buffer against impacts that would liquefy normal individuals.

Limits: Technically, the extent of Mikhail's control over time has no limit - he could slow himself or anything else within the projected field down to an absolute stop and have time instantly pass, and vice-versa. Because the temporal distortion effects the force he exerts to the rest of the world, however, he can only press his control so far before he starts causing damage to everything he interacts with, and he limits it well below this due to a fear of reaching that point. His control also only enables him to alter the rate at which time passes - going back in time is impossible (and probably for the better).

Skillsf: Asides from his natural abilities, Mikhail is also trained in the field of medicine and first-aid, including chemical signs and effects and injury treatment and stabalization, as well as general combat skills and knowledge from his military days.

Limits: While respectable, Mikhail's skills lie primarily in medicine and first-aid - he cannot treat serious injuries himself, but can stablize them until better-suited individuals are made available and identify and administer chemicals and medicines as needed.
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    Man, I don't know you guys. I think I might write up another character if Blak doesn't pan out.

He'd be a dude who used those experimental "Non-Lethal" weapons on people. Just auto-shottgunning the fuck out of people with bean-bag rounds.
    :^:

Sorenson on
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Alright, I've finally settled on a character. Here's the portrait.
    theskyisblue.jpg

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    t Langly -

Codename: PEAL

Name: Charles Langly
    Alignment: Vigilante

CHARACTER ABILITIES
    Abilities: Can absorb and manipulate electrical energy by changing the polarization of molecules in his body. Disrupts electronics in the vicinity.

Limitations: Extreme mental focus is required, making overexertion and exhaustion a frequent occurrence. Limited durability. Becomes dangerously radioactive when injured.

Usage: Thanks to a unique arrangement of his own body's atomic makeup, Peal possesses a body that is almost completely single-charged (i.e., either positively or negatively charged). While this charge is not powerful enough to turn him into a human magnet, it is strong enough to draw significant amounts of opposing charges to his body (thereby disrupting all electronics within a 3-foot radius around him) and store them there, giving him the appearance of being able to manipulate electricity.

His power stems from his ability to change and shift the polarization of his internal body structure at will and at different points of his body. By rearranging his atomic makeup, he can cause his body to be substantially more positively charged or negatively charged. To neutralize him, opposing charges are automatically drawn to him.

Essentially, how he is able to manipulate electricity is by first shifting his body into a positively-charged state, drawing negative charges to him. This is a "storage" of electrical energy. To release it from, say, his hand, all he has to do is force that hand into a negatively-charged state, and any negative charges in that location are repelled by the charge in his hand, shooting out in a bright spark or bolt of electricity. He can control the range and size of the release by controlling the pace at which his hand is switched from a positive to a negative charge.

This does mean that every time he "switches" polarities, his body instantly repels whatever excess charge there is while simultaneously drawing opposing charges to him. He does prefer, however, that his body remain in a "positive" state, if only because the release of negative charges when he switches from positive to negative is significantly more useful.

A release of positive charges from his body has been found to be highly radioactive and extremely dangerous in large amounts and when not controlled properly, so Peal prefers to switch into and out of his "negative" state as quickly as possible, using electricity as a weapon instead.

With this form of "electric manipulation," Peal can not only attack someone with a burst of electrical energy, but can also short circuit power sources, shutting down electricity in any building. Access to any power outlet or fuse box is all Peal needs to make this happen.

An interesting side affect of his ability to switch polarities almost instantaneously is that if he does it fast and forcefully enough, he can inadvertently generate a small shockwave that is capable of disintegrating certain, brittle materials. This shockwave is limited in range, however, and he can also use it to add force to a punch or jump if he is able to switch the polarities of a specific part of his body quickly enough.

It is generally unadvisable for him to stay in a "mixed polarity" state (i.e., where parts of his body remain at different polarities) for extended periods of time, if only because it becomes hard for him to keep track of which parts are in which polarity. Some loss of control over his body movements has also been observed.

Time taken to switch polarities can vary depending on the size and force of the shift. For his entire body to switch polarities, Peal takes a minimum of 0.12 seconds, though on averages he prefers shifts of around 0.86 seconds. His shockwave appears if the shift happens within 0.28 seconds.

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I actually don't know if I want to play Genesis or Diana Hardy more.

Because while Genesis would be more fun and creative to play, Diana Hardy has so much potential in terms of the kinds of things I could do with her character, whether in a mission or "checking up" and "treating" supers.

DH does take more work, though, so I'll probably end up sticking with Genesis.

Vivixenne on
  • FedoraFedora Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Jeez, after looking over the OP again, I really wanna know how Cobalt can be a "Thorn in Ultimatum's side" if he's just a normal dude.

Does he know what his kryptonite is? Is that it?

Fedora on
  • RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Cobalt is pretty much this universe's Batman, so I don't doubt that he holds whatever it is necessary to beat Ultimatum

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    t Langly -

CHARACTER ABILITIES
    Abilities: Can absorb and manipulate electrical energy by changing the polarization of molecules in his body. Disrupts electronics in the vicinity.

Limitations: Extreme mental focus is required, making overexertion and exhaustion a frequent occurrence. Limited durability. Becomes dangerously radioactive when injured.

Usage: Thanks to a unique arrangement of his own body's atomic makeup, Peal possesses a body that is almost completely single-charged (i.e., either positively or negatively charged). While this charge is not powerful enough to turn him into a human magnet, it is strong enough to draw significant amounts of opposing charges to his body (thereby disrupting all electronics within a 3-foot radius around him) and store them there, giving him the appearance of being able to manipulate electricity.

His power stems from his ability to change and shift the polarization of his internal body structure at will and at different points of his body. By rearranging his atomic makeup, he can cause his body to be substantially more positively charged or negatively charged. To neutralize him, opposing charges are automatically drawn to him.

Essentially, how he is able to manipulate electricity is by first shifting his body into a positively-charged state, drawing negative charges to him. This is a "storage" of electrical energy. To release it from, say, his hand, all he has to do is force that hand into a negatively-charged state, and any negative charges in that location are repelled by the charge in his hand, shooting out in a bright spark or bolt of electricity. He can control the range and size of the release by controlling the pace at which his hand is switched from a positive to a negative charge.

This does mean that every time he "switches" polarities, his body instantly repels whatever excess charge there is while simultaneously drawing opposing charges to him. He does prefer, however, that his body remain in a "positive" state, if only because the release of negative charges when he switches from positive to negative is significantly more useful.

A release of positive charges from his body has been found to be highly radioactive and extremely dangerous in large amounts and when not controlled properly, so Peal prefers to switch into and out of his "negative" state as quickly as possible, using electricity as a weapon instead.

With this form of "electric manipulation," Peal can not only attack someone with a burst of electrical energy, but can also short circuit power sources, shutting down electricity in any building. Access to any power outlet or fuse box is all Peal needs to make this happen.

An interesting side affect of his ability to switch polarities almost instantaneously is that if he does it fast and forcefully enough, he can inadvertently generate a small shockwave that is capable of disintegrating certain, brittle materials. This shockwave is limited in range, however, and he can also use it to add force to a punch or jump if he is able to switch the polarities of a specific part of his body quickly enough.

It is generally unadvisable for him to stay in a "mixed polarity" state (i.e., where parts of his body remain at different polarities) for extended periods of time, if only because it becomes hard for him to keep track of which parts are in which polarity. Some loss of control over his body movements has also been observed.

Time taken to switch polarities can vary depending on the size and force of the shift. For his entire body to switch polarities, Peal takes a minimum of 0.12 seconds, though on averages he prefers shifts of around 0.86 seconds. His shockwave appears if the shift happens within 0.28 seconds.

This is so awesome! Thanks alot. I especially like how you got the sonic powers in there.

Langly on
  • FedoraFedora Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Also, I know you guys don't know this yet, but Cobalt looks rad as hell.

And I can only hope that I can convey that through drawing.

Fedora on
  • HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Harrier wrote: »
    Also I guess my character has to be killed by some sort of superhero AIDS analogue
    Fuck that tired Claremont shit, come join the Errant Knights and be awesome with us!

Tell me about the Errant Knights

Also - to those who commissioned me to work on character themes - I need to re-install GarageBand but the CD is with a friend, so I'll have it done tomorrow
    They are a refuge for the undesirable.

For the vigilantes who perhaps only want to defend a few blocks of their own neighborhood from reckless super-criminals.

For superheroes who have left or been turned away from the Vanguard.

For magic-users whom the Vanguard would rather have not exist.

We are all bound by a desire to use our power and skill for the good of our fellow humans at every scale- including the small scale that the Vanguard, with their global concerns, sometimes misses. And because the Vanguard frowns upon the work we do, we ally to protect ourselves. We keep each other safe and free, so that we are all able to do our jobs as heroes.

We have no rulers, no hierarchy, no capital city. We do not make policy and issue decrees. We protect the weak and uphold the law, as the feudal knights did in the lands under their control.

The King of the world will not make us a part of his system, however, so we have no lord. Thus, we are knights- but Errant Knights.

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
    edited May 2007
    Fedora wrote: »

i did post one picture with him in it, although he's hard to see

Pony on
    edited May 2007
    Langly wrote: »
    t Langly -

CHARACTER ABILITIES

This is so awesome! Thanks alot. I especially like how you got the sonic powers in there.
    You're welcome. :)

I actually nerfed your sonic powers a lot because I didn't want to "overpower" him (so I made it a shockwave instead of a sonic blast), but you can of course keep what functions you like.

Vivixenne on
  • One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

That was the one with the Genesis lyrics, right?

One Thousand Cables on
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    someone should make a character that can psychically seperate things from other things

the concrete and steel in a building, for example

or skin from muscle and muscle from bone

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
    edited May 2007

Yes.

Land of Confusion is a really appropriate song for someone like Cobalt

Pony on
  • LardalishLardalish Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Also I guess my character has to be killed by some sort of superhero AIDS analogue
    Fuck that tired Claremont shit, come join the Errant Knights and be awesome with us!

Tell me about the Errant Knights

Also - to those who commissioned me to work on character themes - I need to re-install GarageBand but the CD is with a friend, so I'll have it done tomorrow
    They are a refuge for the undesirable.

For the vigilantes who perhaps only want to defend a few blocks of their own neighborhood from reckless super-criminals.

For superheroes who have left or been turned away from the Vanguard.

For magic-users whom the Vanguard would rather have not exist.

We are all bound by a desire to use our power and skill for the good of our fellow humans at every scale- including the small scale that the Vanguard, with their global concerns, sometimes misses. And because the Vanguard frowns upon the work we do, we ally to protect ourselves. We keep each other safe and free, so that we are all able to do our jobs as heroes.

We have no rulers, no hierarchy, no capital city. We do not make policy and issue decrees. We protect the weak and uphold the law, as the feudal knights did in the lands under their control.

The King of the world will not make us a part of his system, however, so we have no lord. Thus, we are knights- but Errant Knights.

Man, I feel all awesome and important for bein a part of this.

Lardalish on
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Green on
  • One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

Yes.

Land of Confusion is a really appropriate song for someone like Cobalt

You should have included the next verse. "Superman, where are you now?" Etc, etc.

Edit: It works well thematically, is all I'm saying.

One Thousand Cables on
    edited May 2007
    So come, ye outcasts! Ye unloved, ye desperate, ye forsaken servants of justice!

For if no one else will stand with you, we will.

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
    edited May 2007
    Langly wrote: »
    t Langly -

CHARACTER ABILITIES

You're welcome. :)

I actually nerfed your sonic powers a lot because I didn't want to "overpower" him (so I made it a shockwave instead of a sonic blast), but you can of course keep what functions you like.

No I liked that change, it makes more sense than regular "sonic" powers. I think I still want him to be around fifth level, so I'll keep the second major power set, but I'll rename everything and make it a bit weaker.

Langly on
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Jesus Fuck, I go eat dinner and see Pirates again and theres almost 10 new pages?

You fuckers are animals.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
    edited May 2007
    Jesus Fuck, I go eat dinner and see Pirates again and theres almost 10 new pages?

You fuckers are animals.
    Well, Pony is back, so we have our conversation piece again.

Harrier on
    edited May 2007
    Pony came back and told us of wonderous things.

So naturally the thread explodes.

Lardalish on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So what is the Nemesis thing you are all talking about?

DarkPrimus on
    edited May 2007
    Langly's marks my 20th character done to date (whether bio or powers or both).

That doesn't include all this Hardy Clinic stuff I'm whipping up. ;)

Vivixenne on
    edited May 2007
    Viv, would you be up for another go at my guy when the time comes? Cause I have a feeling that once the Wiki is up theres gonna be some changes.

Lardalish on
    edited May 2007
    You can request any number of edits or changes and I'll take care of it when it's your turn again.

Oh, and as a sidenote: I will almost always flesh out powers before bios, even if you ask me for both, since bios are generally something YOU as a person will want to figure out for yourself, since it's your character.

I will of course edit bios when asked, but usually that'll only happen if you asked me for JUST a bio. That way I get to more people more quickly.

Vivixenne on
  • Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    so, i haven't been posting in this thread in a while. Redeemer, are we still on for some kind of teamup?

Cosmic Sombrero on
    edited May 2007
    Can anyone think of some appropriately knightly symbol or heraldry that would, at the same time, be relatively simple?

Like I need something that could be replicated with spray paint on the side of an overpass.

Harrier on
    edited May 2007
    Don't mind this post, just making a new character sheet because I can't edit the old one.

Codename: Peal

Super Power: Electrical Manipulation

Character Bio
    In the spring of 1986, Charles Langly participated in a secret mercenary operation based in Russia. Unknown agents had contacted his group, The Lone Gunmen, and paid highly for the discreet destruction of a Russian nuclear power plant in Chernobyl.

Langly was the Lead Equipment officer of the squad selected for the mission. His technical past had led to several personal inventions, as well as a very high aptitude for advanced electronics. Langly's mission was to secure the low level explosive in reactor 4, and to insure the safe entrance and exit of his team. His research on the plant had confirmed that the small explosion would render the plant useless, but would still contain the toxic radioactive materials.

After the squad had successfully entered the plant, they maneuvered their way to the bomb site, and Langly began preparations. Before the bomb was safely timed and primed, however, a team of Russian soldiers engaged the squad. In the fray, a stray bullet hit the explosive and detonated the charge prematurely, and without the proper priming, caused a radioactive meltdown. The surrounding combatants were killed, except for Langly, who had fled the scene. The blast crashed him into the operating room's main control bank, electrocuting him and knocking him unconscious.

Scattered reports reveal that the ensuing radiation interacted with his body on a molecular level. After regaining consciousness, the soldier found he had the ability to manipulate electricity, and to some degree, sound. Further information regarding his past or present are unavailable, except that he presently works as a vigilante in the United States under the codename "Peal".

Character Abilities

Character Powers
    Peal
    Level 5 Hero (25 points)
    Faction: Vanguard, maybe

Core Attribute: Electrical Energy Manipulation (10 points)
    Feats:

Major Reduced Versatility (-2)
    Alternating Current (Defense)
    Short Circuit (Offense)
    Power Gauge (Sensory)
    Generator (Alteration)
    Static Storm (Offense)
    Static Cling (General)
    Coppertop (Alteration)
    Harmonic Distortion (Offense)
    Polar Switch (Alteration)

Major Power: Sonic Generation (6 points)
    Rank 4
    Feats:

Major Reduced Versatiliy (-2)
    Buffer Zone (Defense)
    Sonic Clap (Offense)
    Change that Dial (Alteration)
    Percussion Boost (Movement)
    Aural Crush (Offense)

Traits:

Mercenary Past (3 points)
    Minor
    Feat:

Combat Training (Alteration)

Gadgeteer (6 points)
    Major
    Feats
    Cloaking Device (General)
    Concussive Grenade (Offense)
    Tracking Chips (General)
    Med Kit (General)
    Vision Visor (General)
    Ear Plugs (General)

Weaknesses:
    I'm getting too old for this shit (-1)
    Feats:
    Reduced Durability

Feeling Drained (-2)

Challenges:
    "I know what you did last chernobyl disaster"

I don't really know how weaknesses work, but basically he's an older guy so while he's in good physical condition (using DKR batman as a model), he still gets tired faster than normal. Also more fragile. Since the change in polarity takes a lot of concentration, he can't keep zapping someone for long periods of time, but I don't know how to fit that in either.

Langly on
    edited May 2007
    theseeker.jpg

Pony on
    edited May 2007
    Can anyone think of some appropriately knightly symbol or heraldry that would, at the same time, be relatively simple?

Like I need something that could be replicated with spray paint on the side of an overpass.

Ignore the crappy 30 second jobs I did on these, but they're just an idea.

Sheathed sword on top of a shield?
    Untitled.jpg

Or maybe the shield on top to say we defend first, but fight if we have to.
    emblem.jpg

Lardalish on
    edited May 2007
    The Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear?

Harrier on
  • Darkblade_1Darkblade_1 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Super heros can read Dune too!

Darkblade_1 on
    iveseenvivstits.gif
    You're drawn to my eccentric Brawl Code: 4596 9143 4529
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear?

i recognized that, but fuck me if the rest of it didn't read like a cure song

EDIT: or this matthew good person

mrpaku on
    edited May 2007
    fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration

Vivixenne on
    edited May 2007
    Or (Lardalilsh), what if we combine the sword and the shield?

Something like this:

errantknightslogo.jpg

Harrier on
    edited May 2007
    i'm more influenced by literature than i am by anything else.

Pony on
This discussion has been closed.