As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends]Why did Riot servers go down for ten hours on patch day? For rest.

FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
edited February 2011 in Games and Technology
logo.jpg

Or

teemo.png

League of Legends is a game inspired by the Defense of the Ancients, developed and published by Riot Games.

READ THIS FIRST!

Frosteey's Super Useful Advice Corner
Tip #1: Have fun : D

Have you scored a Pentakill?
2115f11.jpg
i4qxjt.jpg
Guuuys.jpg[
Get on the G&T vent to play with us (list at bottom), the vent info is stickied at the top of the forum.

Game Info and Useful Links:
leagueoflegends.com, the game database provided by Riot (who make the game).
leaguecraft.com, there are a lot of fan sites out there with general information and builds. This is just one; and, it's kinda slow as shit. Regardless of where you look for builds keep in mind, most of them make assumptions that are not clearly conveyed and there are a lot that are just plain bad. Tread lightly.
KillerCodeMonkey's wiki, add your brilliant shit to it.
Game mechanic shit, stuff like how attacks and magic and fuck work.
Rune break-dancing, good info about what runes you should buy.
Livestreams Watch the pros rage.

THE BUSY-BUSTER CODES - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
When you've got the client open, type

"Left, Right, Left, Right, Down, Down, Up, Up, 3 then 4"

Alternatively

"CTRL+L --> [ javascript:setServerStatus(1) ]"

Again, use them at your own risk.

IF YOU'RE GOING TO SPEND REAL CASH DOLLA MONIES FOR CHAMPIONS
Zoelef wrote: »
Drop $20 for the Retail Box (Amazon, Best Buy, GameSpot, Newegg, Target, and Wal-Mart typically have this) It gives you $10 in Riot Points, take those, then buy $10 in Riot Points and $5 in Riot Points. Spend all of them on the second champ pack.

That's $35 for 40 champs permanently unlocked; none of the post-40 have ever been in a bundle AFAIK.
Cutfang wrote: »
Q: How can I get champions and save money?
A: You won't have to spend a cent if you simply play games and earn enough IP to buy them all. If, however, you wish to hasten the process you may buy champions with real money. The most cost effective way to buy champions is by purchasing the two bundles on offer.
For $45 you can buy 6380 Riot Points, which are used to buy champions and skins. 3900 of those points gets you the Digital Collector's Pack, which contains 20 champions and includes 1380 Riot Points (huh?). If you were to buy the champions individually it would cost 37800 IP or 9620 RP. The Digital Collector's pack can also be bought in stores or online as a boxed copy, which may save you a significant amount of money.
3410 Riot Points gets you the champions bundle. This contains some more expensive champions. Bought individually they would cost 60750 IP or 14350 RP (ish).
This leaves you with 450 RP, enough to buy yourself a single skin!

the LoL wiki for the updated Champion list.

Valiantine has a lovely spreadsheet that you can add your summoner name to.

HEY LISTEN!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ap5qFqD3oLKndHNfOGJ1VFNZVVZ6c1NtZVktdXpsTVE&hl=en&authkey=CJPuh4wG#gid=0

I placed everyone's name in the OP to this neat and tidy spreadsheet. You should be able to edit it yourself, find your name and fill the fields. If anyone is getting problems, PM MooMan or VaLiantine, because I don't understand simple spreadsheets. Please play Persona 4 if you haven't already.

Frosteey on

• Options
    ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Mmm... Fresh thread.

Constrictor on
  • Options
    NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Grr I hate teemo he is the worst yor... dawww so cute! pew pew

Nisi on
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This is probably the best lol resource because it is fun : D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-91al_z8Szs

Frosteey on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    That is a lot of smiling from Frosteey

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Did you know?

Frosteey is actually an AI from the future.

It's true!

Constrictor on
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    lol thread has been super negative it should be positive let's think positively DEMACIA : (

Frosteey on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Is Frosteey actually a mute or is he too poor to afford a microphone

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Kanye Ryze salutes the new thread

BEFORE HE TRANSFORMS INTO BUSTA RYZE

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Frosteey is happiest thread maker.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Basil was that your submission I forget

Did you win

Did you get money for it

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Oh goodness no I don't have such a magnificent voice.

Some other PAer did get in the winning lineup with that, though.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Also I must christen this thread with some ryzing

lT6qi.png

EDIT: wrong screenshot but watever

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I want the god damn winged hussar skin already

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    260y4hv.jpg

LOOK AT THAT SHIT

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    is that a new xin skin zen?

looks awesome

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The first Frosteey thread

A milestone for the ages

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Posting this because Constrictor said he hadn't seen anyone tank as Galio in forever :P

TankGalioooooo.png

Edit: turning on Galio ult and then letting Kennen start his ult as well is super money
    Edit Edit: Galio is super good at popping banshee veils with his E and Q, and silly Ashe didn't get merc treads even though she couldn't stay out of my ult!

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So, in other news, Xin's blue jungle time really fucking blows. Is there any reason I shouldn't just keep doing a route starting from minis instead?

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    You don't run out of mana without blue?

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Posting this because Constrictor said he hadn't seen anyone tank as Galio in forever :P

Edit: turning on Galio ult and then letting Kennen start his ult as well is super money
    Edit Edit: Galio is super good at popping banshee veils with his E and Q, and silly Ashe didn't get merc treads even though she couldn't stay out of my ult!

Funny enough, I played 2 games late last night after finishing PAA:EP1:OTRSPOD, and had a Galio on my team for game 2.

He owned pretty hard. We won.

Constrictor on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Funny enough, I played 2 games late last night after finishing PAA:EP1:OTRSPOD, and had a Galio on my team for game 2.

He owned pretty hard. We won.

Nice, what was his name? I like to stalk profiles and look and rune pages/ item builds

Edit: I'm actually undefeated ranked as Galio so far 3 for 3.

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Frosteey : (

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    You don't run out of mana without blue?
    His mana costs are still amazingly low. Just don't use E in the jungle even after you get it at 4.

When I have to jungle him, I've been doing Minis, Wraiths, Wolves, Blue
    Back for health and a couple more potions
    Minis, Red, gank

I haven't been able to get his blue start time under 4:45 or so (possibly faster if I killed big wolf, but his initial blue is so dicey I don't like to), but he's about half health which is sort of good enough to gank?

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Lane with Xin

So much better

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I have made an important discovery! I've been told a few times that whenever an enemy targets you a faint orange glow will appear around them. I have never seen this, perhaps because I am colour blind or because it is so small. However, I have now found out how to change this.
    blueev.jpg

Go to C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\game\DATA\CFG\defaults and open Game.CFG with notepad.

AggroSize = 2 I changed to 5. I will probably put it back to 3 or 4.
    AggroColor = 150 50 50 I changed to 0 0 255. It uses the Red/Green/Blue format which goes from 0 to 255 in terms of intensity.
    I'm not sure what AggroColorFactor does.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Lane with Xin

So much better
    It absolutely is, but sometimes in Normal after I lock, the team asks me to jungle him because of what the other dudes pick.

If you gotta do it, might as well be efficient with it.

Watching Stonewall's jungling a little more closely, I think I see what he's doing differently than me that's cutting some time off, I'll have to re do it when I get off work.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I have made an important discovery! I've been told a few times that whenever an enemy targets you a faint orange glow will appear around them. I have never seen this, perhaps because I am colour blind or because it is so small. However, I have now found out how to change this.
    blueev.jpg

Go to C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\game\DATA\CFG\defaults and open Game.CFG with notepad.

AggroColor = 150 50 50 I changed to 0 0 255. It uses the Red/Green/Blue format which goes from 0 to 255 in terms of intensity.

Dude this is awesome on the level of hax. You know how pro I could make my already pro spell shield with this?

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    zeenyzeeny Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Spectrum wrote: »
    So, in other news, Xin's blue jungle time really fucking blows. Is there any reason I shouldn't just keep doing a route starting from minis instead?

I have changed my Xin jungling(I was starting with a cloth armor). Which isn't to say the time has improved, just that I feel safer and fuck spending that much money on pots. Start with a vampire scepter, mini golems, wraiths, wolves, go back and buy a cloth armor or cloth armor + 1 pot, then full route starting at mini golems.

Edit: And I also like Xin more in a lane.

zeeny on
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I've been playing Morgana recently. I usually feel like I'm being a pretty big help, but my CDR ratio is usually kinda 'meh'. Am I doing it right?

Build is usually:

Rod of Ages -> CDR Boots -> Deathcap -> Haunting Guise or Hourglass, depending on enemy MR

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hopefully I can play this game today.

Varega on
    League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Varega wrote: »

Why couldn't you play yesterday? Still getting lag issues?

Edit: I want to go through a Varega Shen training camp

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    The Ender wrote: »
    I've been playing Morgana recently. I usually feel like I'm being a pretty big help, but my CDR ratio is usually kinda 'meh'. Am I doing it right?

Build is usually:

Rod of Ages -> CDR Boots -> Deathcap -> Haunting Guise or Hourglass, depending on enemy MR
    I don't think CDR Boots is the consensus pick. Swiftness can be more useful in some games depending on your need to dance.

I generally do Cata->Boots1->RoA->finish Boots
    Hourglass
    ?? (usually Void Staff, WotA, or Deathcap, sometimes DFG)

If I was going to get CDR Boots, I'd try to know that at champ select so I can switch to a runepage with AP/level blues instead of CDR. It's easier to grab 30% from Boots+DFG than to find a good 10% item outside Fiendish Codex.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah Bebe. I've noticed the Orange glow when someone right clicks you. Not sure if it's the same when you are targeted by spells. The thing that annoys me is when it bugs when you run in brush and they stay lit up even though they can't see you.

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    blueev.jpg

Dude this is awesome on the level of hax. You know how pro I could make my already pro spell shield with this?

Yeah, I just changed mine to bright yellow. It's kind of neat.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Long live the Dobas

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    moba?

Nisi on
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Works sucks I want to play lol.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Varega wrote: »

Why couldn't you play yesterday? Still getting lag issues?

Edit: I want to go through a Varega Shen training camp

I got a phone call from a potential employer. He wanted me to go in for an interview, and I ended up waiting 4 hours for him. By the time I got home, my friends wanted me to build them a new infect deck in mtg.

Varega on
    League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Great, the EU servers are borked once again and games refuse to start.

reVerse on
This discussion has been closed.