As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

ALL PAX EAST 2011 PASSES ARE SOLD OUT! FOREVER!

Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right NowDrives a BuickModerator mod
edited March 2011 in PAX Archive
http://twitter.com/Official_PAX/statuses/44946653551149057
We are 100% sold out of badges now for #pax east.
There are no more PAX East Passes

There will not be any passes available at the door

If you show up and do not have a pass, you will not be able to get in.

E6LkoFK.png

Moe Fwacky on

• redshoepaulredshoepaul Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    *Hugs Media badge confirmation E-Mail.*

redshoepaul on
  • OnmitsuOnmitsu I'm just a birdie Ca-caw, ca-caw!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Dun dun DUNNNNNNN!

Onmitsu on
    Man, even Dora the Explorer thinks you're slow.
  • WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Once badge stock hits 88, you're going to see some serious shit...

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

How come I didn't get one of those? I emailed them 2 weeks after I submitted my data and then they told me everything was hunky dorry.

No fair! :cry:

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
    edited February 2011
    mentok1982 wrote: »

How come I didn't get one of those? I emailed them 2 weeks after I submitted my data and then they told me everything was hunky dorry.

No fair! :cry:

I E-Mailed them also because I didn't hear back and I suppose they mass E-Mailed all Media people saying something went wrong and if you didn't get an E-Mail before, this E-Mail confirms you.

redshoepaul on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited February 2011
    Like the title says, there are now less than 1,000 3-day passes left. If you're on the fence about going, buy your pass right fucking now!

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited February 2011
    1,000 is alot from what I actually imagined there would be. I was expecting 200-300. Not sure how many 3-day passes get bought in a day, but I'm sure people would have at least another week.

redshoepaul on
  • MangoProjectsMangoProjects Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Like the title says, there are now less than 1,000 3-day passes left. If you're on the fence about going, buy your pass right fucking now!

:o Relax ;-) People never learned. They will wait until all the 3-day passes sold out and then post in this forum, "OMG, they sold out the 3-day pass. Can someone help me??"

MangoProjects on
    I create images with IMPACT.
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited February 2011
    Shhh! Don't tell me that. I have a dream and I'd like to delude myself into believing it until proven wrong.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    edited February 2011
    1,000 is alot from what I actually imagined there would be. I was expecting 200-300. Not sure how many 3-day passes get bought in a day, but I'm sure people would have at least another week.
    You do -not- have another week.

If you want a pass...get it now.

David Coffman on
  • MagnifiedXMagnifiedX [E] PC Security Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

Last time we hit the 1000 pass mark for PAX East last year, they were gone within 14 hours after that. You do NOT have a week.

MagnifiedX on
  • MelesMelesMelesMeles Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    BUY YOUR PASSES NOW.

MelesMeles on
  • It's not a tumorIt's not a tumor Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Glad I bought my pass months ago.

It's not a tumor on
  • DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Glad I bought my pass months ago.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • chupamiubrechupamiubre Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Word from on high says fewer than 700 passes left people.

chupamiubre on
    <ZeroHourHero> I have a tiny penis
    <Qs23> I just need to get my dicks in a row
    <prox> i work for dicks
    #paforums_pax, all about the dicks.
    edited February 2011
    Supply and demand do not work in PAX. This is not the longer you wait, the cheaper it gets situation.

FYI, PA does not give out discount for all PAX East pass. It means whether you purchase one month before or the day before the event, PAX East pass still costs the same. People wait to purchase PAX pass is waiting for nothing and it is meaningless.

MangoProjects on
  • benswimmingbenswimming PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Supply and demand do not work in PAX. This is not the longer you wait, the cheaper it gets situation.

FYI, PA does not give out discount for all PAX East pass. It means whether you purchase one month before or the day before the event, PAX East pass still costs the same. People waiting to purchase PAX pass mean nothing. It costs the same.

Actually its $5 cheaper if you purchase it, what before December I believe.

benswimming on
    PAX EAST 2011 Omeganaut
    Twitter: sweeneyben
    XBL: Disco Ball
    edited February 2011

FYI, PA does not give out discount for all PAX East pass. It means whether you purchase one month before or the day before the event, PAX East pass still costs the same. People waiting to purchase PAX pass mean nothing. It costs the same.

Oh thanks for proving my point, Professor.

MangoProjects on
  • Hangover_GloryHangover_Glory Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Bought mine today. Leaves me at $2 in my account but I'll be damned if I miss out because I waited too long like last year.

New to the community but I'm excited to go!

Hangover_Glory on
  • GundabadGundabad PAX East & Unplugged Tabletop Manager NJRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Agreed. I doubt there is a week left following this announcement. People are very much prone to procrastination, but once they hear big news like this you'll see a big rush of people getting off their butts to make the purchase.

Gundabad on
  • SpiderSimianSpiderSimian Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    How many 3 day passes have already been sold?

SpiderSimian on
    edited February 2011
    How many 3 day passes have already been sold?

I'll reply to this message with the following quote:
    MelesMeles wrote: »
    BUY YOUR PASSES NOW.

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • bustin98bustin98 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I doubt they'll give actual number of 3 day passes available. Would be interesting to know, but venues like this tend to keep those figures to themselves and we don't really need to know.

bustin98 on
    Xbox Live, PSN, Twitter: bustin98
    edited February 2011
    Yeah I don't mean to be a prick, but don't try playing any guessing games or strategizing your way into when to make the purchase. The time to buy your passes is now. Even a couple minutes ago, if you have the correct control of the space time continuum. If you have the money, make the purchase. It could cost you a lot more to wait.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
    edited February 2011
    Twitter wrote:
    @fallingstairss www.paxsite.com to purchase, but we only have a few hundred 3-days left.

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • luceklucek Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Just for a note. I regretted not getting the 3 day pass last year because I didn't I now have an unsigned copy of penny arcade Nearly Twelve Years of Bullshit.

lucek on
  • MJPMMJPM Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Oh thanks for proving my point, Professor.

No need to be mean about it. I understood you, but I also understood where he might have missed your point, since you said PA doesn't discount for all PAX East passes, but go on to say that the pass will cost the same no matter when you purchase. You implied that there was a savings somewhere, but left that out. I know that the audience you were talking to (those without passes) have no way to get a discount now, but once again I was with you from the get go, and someone just reading your post without prior knowledge might get confused.

Anyway, as everyone has already stated, if you haven't purchased yet, you don't actually want a 3 day badge, and good news as you probably won't get one! You still have single day badges left, but those will be going soon too. If you aren't from the Boston/North East area, plan on coming to PAX East, and have NOT purchased badges yet, you are a fool, as the badge cost is a drop in the bucket compared to your other expenses, and without a badge you will be wasting your money on travel and lodging since you'll only get to see PAX from the outside!

MJPM on
    paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig2.jpg
    edited February 2011
    I'm sure there are about 200-300 more available. Give it a day or 2 and I'm sure they'll be gone.

redshoepaul on
  • lillblillb Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm actually surprised they haven't sold out yet. But glad I committed to mine months ago.

lillb on
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited February 2011
    Ok, inside information here. When we said "1000 3-day badges left," we actually miscalculated the # of badges we had left by about 1000 (my fault, specifically). There are about 400 left now though. I'd imagine they will be gone by Monday late morning.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
    edited February 2011
    Ok, inside information here. When we said "1000 3-day badges left," we actually miscalculated the # of badges we had left by about 1000 (my fault, specifically). There are about 400 left now though. I'd imagine they will be gone by Monday late morning.

Miscalculated by positive or negative 1000? :3

Khoo did a miscalculation? ALL HOPE IS LOST!

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    edited February 2011
    I doubt Khoo did a miscalculation

Someone else did, and submitted it to Khoo

That person is now somewhere in central Brazil

At least that's the prevailing theory as to his location

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • MelesMelesMelesMeles Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The miscalculation was made by Khoo Sigma. He is well known as the least numerically competent of the Khoo clones. Interestingly, Khoo Sigma is uncannily good at Scrabble.

I expect Sigma to be replaced with the new generation of Khoo clones featuring coffee implants and dual bluetooth-to-brain receivers for more efficient cell phone use.

MelesMeles on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    MelesMeles wrote: »
    The miscalculation was made by Khoo Sigma. He is well known as the least numerically competent of the Khoo clones. Interestingly, Khoo Sigma is uncannily good at Scrabble.

I expect Sigma to be replaced with the new generation of Khoo clones featuring coffee implants and dual bluetooth-to-brain receivers for more efficient cell phone use.

Or Ood Sigma.... >.> <.< ......

zerzhul on
    edited February 2011
    I was right about the amounts of badges left. So yeah, day or 2 and they'll be out.

redshoepaul on
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Khoo didn't make a mistake, someone else did, he's just blaming himself for not leading them better.

That person is dead now.

UEAKCrash on
  • RazorDRazorD Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Gotta be less than 250 now!

RazorD on
    edited February 2011
    And 3 day badges are goooooooone.

EDIT: Or... not?

MagnifiedX on
    edited February 2011
    SOLDOUT.bmp

SOLD OUT OF 3-days, time to either buy from someone here (when the post goes up), or get three one-days.

Khoo wins again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    edited February 2011
    And now the website says there are more... I'm so confused!

MagnifiedX on
This discussion has been closed.