As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PA: The Series, Season 2, Episode 12 - Screenlife, Part II

• Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Someone needs to make a looping .gif of 4:39 - 4:42 NOW. Khoo's intense gaze... :lol:

Zilla360 on
    |Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • PedantophilePedantophile Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    "Like a quitter..."

Pedantophile on
    "Considering what your people did to my people during WWII I think a little kissing and breast fondling to be minor reparations, at best."
  • BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    Someone needs to make a looping .gif of 4:39 - 4:42 NOW. Khoo's intense gaze... :lol:

Can't embed.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2ez61dz.gif

Someone could make a better one.

BlackDove on
  • ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Jerry is so tiny it's cute.

ThreeCubed on
    EyQGd.jpg
  • existexist Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I like how, over both seasons, there has been like 10 minutes of screentime dedicated to Brian losing

and like 3 seconds shown of the recorded match he won

exist on
    UmPiq.png
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm happy Brian won

Also Jerry, because that shit was intense

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Adus wrote: »
    Also watching these sort of depresses me because I know I'll probably never work in offices that nice.

The primary function of PA The Series is to make everybody depressed about their jobs.

I telecommute from home and still find this to be true. Sure working in an office environment like that is lightyears over what I do, but still.

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    holy shit when jerry smacked himself in the face

Speed Racer on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    [vidURL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gDwc8ZgjOA#t=03m34s"]A Khoo Ping-Pong story told by Scott Kurtz.[/vidURL]

This was so awesome.

Kurtz can tell a story like no one else. They need to give him a segment on every PATV where he just tells a story.

A night with Scott Kurtz and Kevin Smith.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    [vidURL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gDwc8ZgjOA#t=03m34s"]A Khoo Ping-Pong story told by Scott Kurtz.[/vidURL]

This was so awesome.

Kurtz can tell a story like no one else. They need to give him a segment on every PATV where he just tells a story.

If you buy the PATV Season 1 DVD set there's a 45-minute extra video called "Scott Kurtz Chronicles" which is basically this.

ASimPerson on
  • babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I love that this is seriously just 10 minutes of Ping Pong that had me riveted to my seat. If 2 years ago someone told me I would give a shit about ping pong, let alone losing my shit watching ping pong, I'd have called you a liar.

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Two years from now, you're gonna give a shit about plumbing. :P

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Goddamn that Kurtz story. Guess I know what I'm doing for the next two hours.

Docshifty on
  • John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    That episode was virtually indistinguishable from a 2PP episode. Great editing and music.

I do have to wonder what the guy in the pork pie hat thinks he looks like. The chain really completes the look.

John Matrix on
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hmmm... no Khoo Woo...

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Houk wrote: »
    I love that even though they won, Khoo basically treats it as a loss

Actually, do any of the old episodes deal with how ping pong caught on in the first place?

Like who in the office got it kicked off, and at what point did they decide it was something they had to focus serious mental resources on?

Don't the Bungie eps from season 1 briefly touch on that...not into who started it and when it got serious, but at least in a general reference?
    Could be. I'll hafta go back and watch again

In fact I need to rewatch all of season 1 anyway

Houk the Namebringer on
  • John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    They do, just watch the Ping Pong episode. It literally starts with Robert calling Jerry and asking how they got into ping pong.

John Matrix on
  • scarlet ave.scarlet ave. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yesssssssssssss

Thank you, Robert.

scarlet ave. on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    BlackDove wrote: »
    Zilla360 wrote: »

Can't embed.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2ez61dz.gif

Someone could make a better one.

I tried to work with your frames. (still too big to embed) I didn't entirely succeed. The blur from some of the frames you captured kind of gives an uneasy feel...

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Oh god Jerry in the bathroom on the time out.

That was awesome.

*SKLAP*

And then he walks out with fucking murder writ large upon his face...

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Fehlauer has quite an intense gaze too.

I call it the Fehlauer Power Glower.

Butler on
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Butler wrote: »
    Fehlauer has quite an intense gaze too.

I call it the Fehlauer Power Glower.
    Him coming off the elevator last was terrifying

Houk the Namebringer on
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    ASimPerson wrote: »

This was so awesome.

If you buy the PATV Season 1 DVD set there's a 45-minute extra video called "Scott Kurtz Chronicles" which is basically this.

oh god, the whole evening with kurtz is on youtube?

I need to relive that.

NotASenator on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Great episode, for some reason Kiko's segment really stood out for me.

Old man's still an artist with a paddle.

KalTorak on
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Oh god Jerry in the bathroom on the time out.

That was awesome.

*SKLAP*

And then he walks out with fucking murder writ large upon his face...

Heh, I didn't expect that at all but it was a great moment.

Some crazy ping pong skills all around.

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Hmmm... no Khoo Woo...

It was not needed.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Has kiko ever not completely humiliated his opponent?

He destroyed the bungie guy too

Vann Diras on
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    Has kiko ever not completely humiliated his opponent?
    Khoo is the only known survivor.

Turambar on
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • fjafjanfjafjan Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Am I the only one bugged by their bad technique? They keep backing off way too far from the table, they lay some really high fucking balls just tempting people to smash the shit out of them and the last guy kept doing a serve that was actually illegal. I feel that with a week or two of practice (since I havn't played table tennis in a few years) I could beat everyone on there, except possibly Khoo. Probably my arrogance talking though.

Plus they had really bad manners in terms of not admitting their luck when hitting the side of the table or having balls roll over the net.

fjafjan on
    Yepp, THE Fjafjan (who's THE fjafjan?)
    - "Proving once again the deadliest animal of all ... is the Zoo Keeper" - Philip J Fry
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    How do you know they didn't admit their luck? Just because it wasn't in the video doesn't mean after the game they didn't talk about it.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • UnderdogUnderdog Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Houk wrote: »
    I love that even though they won, Khoo basically treats it as a loss

Actually, do any of the old episodes deal with how ping pong caught on in the first place?

Like who in the office got it kicked off, and at what point did they decide it was something they had to focus serious mental resources on?

I believe in one of the other epsiodes (possibly the first ping pong one) they said that Jerry, Mike and Robert used to frequent a bar when they had to plan things out. And that bar just happened to have a ping pong table and they'd bat a ball around while discussing things. At some point, they decided that they would have a table in their office and thus, some of the best PA tv episodes were born.
    holy shit when jerry smacked himself in the face

Hahaha oh man, I didn't even know that he did it at first. I was wondering what the hell that sound was and why it was so familiar.

Underdog on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    fjafjan wrote: »
    I feel that with a week or two of practice (since I havn't played table tennis in a few years) I could beat everyone on there, except possibly Khoo. Probably my arrogance talking though.

Did you not hear the story of Khoo and the arrogant ping-pong player as told by Kurtz a page or two back?

KalTorak on
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    KalTorak wrote: »
    I feel that with a week or two of practice (since I havn't played table tennis in a few years) I could beat everyone on there, except possibly Khoo. Probably my arrogance talking though.

Did you not hear the story of Khoo and the arrogant ping-pong player as told by Kurtz a page or two back?

"Just to let you know, I'm pretty good"

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Next PAX should have a PA vs. The Fans ping pong match.

Turambar on
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • BrooksyBrooksy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Am I the only one bugged by their bad technique? They keep backing off way too far from the table, they lay some really high fucking balls just tempting people to smash the shit out of them and the last guy kept doing a serve that was actually illegal. I feel that with a week or two of practice (since I havn't played table tennis in a few years) I could beat everyone on there, except possibly Khoo. Probably my arrogance talking though.

As much as they want to win, they are still clearly playing for fun. They are not all in great shape or good table tennis players but they are passionate and enjoy it, which is what it's all about - and what makes it great to watch. As for technique, what did you expect? This ain't the olympics.

I think your feelings are misplaced here.

Brooksy on
  • faitsfaits a panda eating cake seattleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Fosterdid wrote: »
    Someone should take a screen capture of that one guy from screenlife humping the other guy and simply add a caption: "The guys who make scene-it."

3HTG.jpg

faits on
    faits.png
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hey, if professional football players can hump each other in celebration, why not game devs?

NotASenator on
  • OrkyOrky Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Plus they had really bad manners in terms of not admitting their luck when hitting the side of the table or having balls roll over the net.

Whaaat? I didn't see any illegal serves. They throw the ball up a few inches, then hit it on the way down. Not that I really know a lot about ping pong, but I thought that was how you were supposed to serve?

And I don't think their technique was bad, actually backing off is kinda limited by the room. If anything, in real competitive play, they'd back off more, and lob them even higher.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8IVASo0umU&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Orky on
    Enjoy the sauce.
    edited February 2011
    I usually just serve it out of my hand, but I'm pretty sure that's how noobs do it since it's tougher to get spin on it that way.

KalTorak on
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited February 2011
This discussion has been closed.