As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East Trading Cards 2011 [Checklist Available!]

• Options
    FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah... For a bunch of reasons, I'm forced to drop out of this little project. Sorry guys :(

Frugus on
    Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • Options
    browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    MxWood wrote: »
    So I should be finishing my card tonight and ordering them tomorrow, I think the hardest part is finding a quote to use...

i found the hardest part to be picking which of the awesome quotes i use on the regular to put on there!!!

browncoatbeth on

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    mine have been ordered :)

zerzhul on
  • Options
    Bigbrother87Bigbrother87 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    They've arrived! Ordered 100 cards on the 8th, paid about $28 for the cards AND Fedex Ground shipping from their location to Chesapeake VA, they've arrived four days later, and I have 225 of them!

Stacked in stacks of 25, including the card they will tape to the top of the box. I carefully cut that card out and plan to use it in my badge carrier, leaving me 224 more cards to trade out.
    scaled.php?tn=0&server=616&filename=yghjf.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

I figured including as many relevant details as I could would be good for those who have questions :)

I'm so looking forward to this...

Bigbrother87 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    for anyone else who ordered - did your order say $0 initially after you placed it? i did everything listed in the first post - 100 postcards, specified size, etc. and then uploaded my images. but it still says "order pending" and shows total cost of $0. sorry if this is a silly question, i just want to make sure i did it right...

browncoatbeth on

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • Options
    BoomShakeBoomShake The Engineer Columbia, MDRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, it will show up as $0 while it's pending.
    You'll get an email in a day or two when they've finished reviewing it and it's going into production.

BoomShake on
  • Options
    gfishgfish Ottawa, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Rdr wrote: »
    Someone said shipping was expensive. Don't know if anyone has gotten theirs yet. But if you need to..you can have them shipped to me and I'll bring them. Decius is doing that.

Since I'm on Pikachu A that sounds like an ideal plan. Going to have cards ordered by end of weekend, may I take advantage?

gfish on
    -- PokeTron: Ampharos
  • Options
    RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    gfish wrote: »
    Rdr wrote: »
    Someone said shipping was expensive. Don't know if anyone has gotten theirs yet. But if you need to..you can have them shipped to me and I'll bring them. Decius is doing that.

Since I'm on Pikachu A that sounds like an ideal plan. Going to have cards ordered by end of weekend, may I take advantage?

Most definitely. I'll PM you my address.

Rdr on
  • Options
    DragonKittyDragonKitty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    All my cards arrived.

All 300 of them x_X. Is this par for course? I asked for 100, I most definitely got 300.

DragonKitty on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    All my cards arrived.

All 300 of them x_X. Is this par for course? I asked for 100, I most definitely got 300.

Ya they have been sending everyone generous amounts.

Rdr on
  • Options
    Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I know I didn't even bother to count mine when they got here. I mean, I know what a 52 deck of playing cards looks like.. Soooooooo many more than the 100 I paid for arrived. <3<3

Menolly07 on
    Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    TuftTuft Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ordered! Chyeaaa. ^___^

Tuft on
  • Options
    HolyyakkerHolyyakker Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Should it be a quote of ours or a quote by someone else about us or a theme quote? I'm torn between a few.

Holyyakker on
    "Beware to March of Dimes" - MacBeth
  • Options
    slamonellaslamonella Clue-by-Four Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Whatever you want. it's your card :)

slamonella on
    Some people are like Slinkies. They have no practical use whatsoever,
    but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I find picking a quote daunting too. I know whatever I pick I won't like later. The week after PAX I'll have the perfect quote jump into my head.

I guess it's normally a bonus to get extras, but I don't want 300 cards! What would I do with them? I'll wind up throwing away more than half of them. Especially the MMT cards. *sigh*

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Options
    HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I had a lot of trouble finding a quote. Eventually I just picked something that happened last night.

Is 100 the minimum order? Perhaps ordering 50 and getting double might be easier?

Heleor on
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    I think it's an issue because you don't know if you'll get the same "extras" if you just order 50. Has anyone tried this and seen the results? If you want at least 100 I'd be hard pressed to order fewer if I had no idea.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    TuftTuft Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Usually big printing companies like jax print even their small jobs in mass batches - its usually easier (see:cheaper) for them to just print your design tiled x amount of times on their giant postcard stock sheets (unknown how large their stock sheets are), die cut them all and just give you the extras than it would be to print out exactly what you ordered and have a large amount of scrap left over that they can't do anything with (or that would take way too long to try to process for a new batch of something else).

But because we don't know what size sheets they print these on its impossible to gauge how much extra you'll get or if you'll get any. Order what you think you'll need, throw away (recycle, etc) the excess if you won't use them next year and think they'll just collect dust when you get back from PAX. It's exactly what Jax would've done with your extras if they hadn't sent them to you. As always, there's no guarantee you'll get extras and since no one here has ordered just 50 and wound up with a ton of extras its impossible to say if you'll luck out or not, though you might save some money. Just be sure you're ok with only receiving 50.

Tuft on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I plan on checking how many people are confirmed participants, subtract that from however many cards I happen to receive from Jak, and then use the remainder as fun contact cards (since it has both forum and Twitter handles) to give to anyone I happen to meet in lines, panels, and games.

BoomShake on
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Has anyone tried calling JakPrints to see why they send extras out? Might help you get to the bottom of the mystery.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Does it really matter???

slamonella on
    but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    slamonella wrote: »
    Does it really matter???

I guess to some people it does, hence the past few posts.

*shrugs*

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    He ne’er consider'd it, as loth
    To look a gift-horse in the mouth
    - Samuel Butler

At any rate, if anyone still needs help putting their card design together this week, my Photoshop is at your disposal.

slamonella on
  • Options
    Vaulter85Vaulter85 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I finally ordered my cards. Gotta collect 'em all!

Vaulter85 on
    Team Charmander Brofessional
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    BoomShake wrote: »
    Yeah, it will show up as $0 while it's pending.
    You'll get an email in a day or two when they've finished reviewing it and it's going into production.

thanks, boomshake!

browncoatbeth on

• Options
    edited February 2011
    Probably been answered but no search :(. The $10 discount text, where on the card do they place it?
    Would you like to save $10 by allowing us to include a tag with our web address and phone number on your job? The tag would be in small 5pt text.
    Example: "Printed by :: www.jakprints.com - 877.246.3132" We will not tag "Stationary" (i.e. Letterhead, envelope) • Jakprints reserves the right to decline tagging

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Just use the promocode listed in the OP (PAXEAST11) instead of the tag. They're both $10 off and can't be combined. If you try to do both, like I did, they use the promocode by default and don't add a tag.

BoomShake on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Decius wrote: »
    Probably been answered but no search :(. The $10 discount text, where on the card do they place it?
    Would you like to save $10 by allowing us to include a tag with our web address and phone number on your job? The tag would be in small 5pt text.
    Example: "Printed by :: www.jakprints.com - 877.246.3132" We will not tag "Stationary" (i.e. Letterhead, envelope) • Jakprints reserves the right to decline tagging

Bottom right corner.

Rdr on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    OK thanks. Has been ordered!

Thanks everyone! Especially fenny for the awesome design and Rdr for receiving the cards. Here's a pic of the design.
    template2011e_decius_flat.jpg

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I plan on ordering mine today. I just choose regular shipping and what not and it should be here before that Thursday of PAX week?

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    FoggyKnightFoggyKnight Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Decius, those cards look awesome! Where did you get the phonebooth?

FoggyKnight on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Decius, those cards look awesome! Where did you get the phonebooth?

Would you believe that was photoshopped? It's so clean, and the shadows and lighting look almost spot on. Sadly I can't take credit for it. A forumer by the name of fenny did the heavy lifting, and she did a wonderful job.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    How is the texture of the cards? If I wanted to be cool and sign some of my cards to increase their value, would a sharpie work well? Hehe.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    MxWoodMxWood Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I have mine all set except for my stats and a quote... these are very hard...

MxWood on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    D'oh! I never posted mine.
    PAXEast2011-Front.gifPAXEast2011-Rear.gif

slamonella on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    MxWood wrote: »
    I have mine all set except for my stats and a quote... these are very hard...

I am done my stats. I am sitting, thinking of achievements. What I am doing is making the text size for the achievements like a size below the regular font so that I can fit more in there/have it look spiffy.

Is it not recommended to change the font size from 8 to 6? Still looks legible to me.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    slamonella wrote: »
    D'oh! I never posted mine.
    PAXEast2011-Front.jpgPAXEast2011-Rear.jpg

that picture is amazing! looking forward to snagging one of these from you at the ladies' brunch!

tvethiopia on
    <3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I am loving the infinite awesomeness. That is such a clever thing to put on there. Heh.

I want to add custom things how that one has super powers, but I need to think. Hmm.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    NeatoNeato Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Could i get a number please? any one works fine.

Neato on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Neato wrote: »
    Could i get a number please? any one works fine.

I've assigned you #63 :)

Rdr on