As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East Trading Cards 2011 [Checklist Available!]

• browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    tvethiopia wrote: »
    slamonella wrote: »
    D'oh! I never posted mine.
    PAXEast2011-Front.jpgPAXEast2011-Rear.jpg

that picture is amazing! looking forward to snagging one of these from you at the ladies' brunch!

and how!! me too! what an awesome card!

where did you get the d20 icon? i did not see that in the template.

Also? here's my finished card, ordered on friday :)
    card.jpg

browncoatbeth on

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • FoggyKnightFoggyKnight Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Alright, just ordered my cards. I uploaded the files using the instructions, but I wasn't sure if I should have closed the window after I hit first the blue upload file, hit the green one, and then uploaded the pictures. Was I done at that point?

FoggyKnight on
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hmm I have no idea how to actually do this so if someone could help me, that would be grand.
    Pictures: I have no idea on size so I was looking at one of these on the front and one on the back but they may be too small:
    bucketavatar.jpg
    bucketorigional.jpg
    I guess the newbie badge and the prepax dinner badge would be mine?
    Other info:
    Twitter: @Bucketman86
    Forum Name: BUCKETMAN!
    Title: Buckets of Fun
    Hometown: Hebron, Indiana
    Favorite Game: Dungeons and Dragons
    Elemental Weakness: Women
    Notable Achievements(s): Ate the most pie.
    Quote: "Let's go exploring!"

Coordination (1-20): 8
    Cleverness (1-20): 16
    Endurance (1-20): 20
    Drunkeness (1-20): 4
    Tactics (1-20): 1
    Awesomeness (1-20): 18

Bucketman on
  • RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Hmm I have no idea how to actually do this so if someone could help me, that would be grand.
    Pictures: I have no idea on size so I was looking at one of these on the front and one on the back but they may be too small:
    bucketavatar.jpg
    bucketorigional.jpg
    Other info:

What's your email? I'll forward this over to fenny who will be making your card

You need different pictures though. The ones you posted are incredibly small for the requirements. Per the OP the picture sizes should be:

646 x 948 300 DPI Image (for front)
    262 x 258 300 DPI Image (for back)

Rdr on
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    These are just test photos because I am too excited and wanted to see what it looked like. Feedback would be awesome too if I made mistakes anywhere.
    5443627827_5a769d23e9.jpg5443627677_ef64e8dba9.jpg

I need to fix how it looks so dark. It is weird. In Photoshop, they cards look fine. I saved these and uploaded to Flickr and they look like this. Suggestions?

Also, I know I read it somewhere recently, but I will be an idiot and ask again. Do we send the .psd or a .jpeg or .png or whatever?

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • bustin98bustin98 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    redfield85 wrote: »
    These are just test photos because I am too excited and wanted to see what it looked like. Feedback would be awesome too if I made mistakes anywhere.

I need to fix how it looks so dark. It is weird. In Photoshop, they cards look fine. I saved these and uploaded to Flickr and they look like this. Suggestions?

Also, I know I read it somewhere recently, but I will be an idiot and ask again. Do we send the .psd or a .jpeg or .png or whatever?

Send a flattened PSD file.

The problem might be that the template is CMYK, and if you don't convert it after saving as a JPG the upload process may be altering it. After saving the JPG, open it in Photoshop, convert the color mode to RBG, and resave. Also, set the quality level no lower than 8 when saving the JPG the first time.

bustin98 on
    Xbox Live, PSN, Twitter: bustin98
  • slamonellaslamonella Clue-by-Four Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    that picture is amazing! looking forward to snagging one of these from you at the ladies' brunch!

and how!! me too! what an awesome card!
    Thanks! I'll see you both there.
    It's not in the templates but was posted earlier in the thread (in post #343).
    Also? here's my finished card, ordered on friday :)
    Sweet!

slamonella on
    Some people are like Slinkies. They have no practical use whatsoever,
    but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    edited February 2011
    Fixed! Now to just proofread quick and think of anything else to put on/fix up. And yea, it was the whole RGB thing. Thanks!
    5443770269_85728f4f4c.jpg5444371666_aaa6746b4f.jpg

Anyone think I should make the horse logo more transparent or is that fine?

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    edited February 2011
    Good idea on the horse logo! I think it looks fine.

Also your "2010 Fantasy Hockey Champion" inspires me to put "2010 Fantasy Football Champion"!

Rdr on
  • HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    heleorback.pngheleorfront.png

Ordering these now. :)

Heleor on
    edited February 2011
    Rdr wrote: »
    Good idea on the horse logo! I think it looks fine.

Also your "2010 Fantasy Hockey Champion" inspires me to put "2010 Fantasy Football Champion"!

Your welcome. :)

Also, Heleor has inspired me to change one of my stat names.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    edited February 2011
    That stat better not be infinite!

Heleor on
    edited February 2011
    Nah. I changed tactics to hockey awareness.

Question: Do I leave the "revised" by my number?

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • StaxeonStaxeon Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Just realizing now I posted the pic of my stack of cards received, but never put up the front & back images.
    staxcard2011front.jpg
    staxcard2011back.jpg

Staxeon on
    Invisible nap is the best nap of all time!
    No man should have that kind of power.
    (Twitter)
    edited February 2011
    So, we ARE supposed to get rid of the "revised" next to our number?

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • StaxeonStaxeon Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

I dont know what the official stance is but i got rid of it and im already printed already :)
    My assumption was numbers were unique/assigned so a revised tag was not necessary

Staxeon on
    Invisible nap is the best nap of all time!
    No man should have that kind of power.
    (Twitter)
  • feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I got an email on Friday or Saturday saying that my order was picked up from the JakPrints office. We'll see when they get here. Though my other orders have started arriving...

feitocomfruta on
    edited February 2011
    My order is placed. :)

Heleor on
  • tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Staxeon wrote: »

I dont know what the official stance is but i got rid of it and im already printed already :)
    My assumption was numbers were unique/assigned so a revised tag was not necessary

it does not apply to me, but my impression was that the 'revised' was intended to differentiate 2011 cards from 2010 cards with the same number, for those who participated last year have a new card/same number this year.

tvethiopia on
    <3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    Staxeon wrote: »

it does not apply to me, but my impression was that the 'revised' was intended to differentiate 2011 cards from 2010 cards with the same number, for those who participated last year have a new card/same number this year.

Yes, this is correct. One is to use 'revised' if one had a card last year with the same number.

zerzhul on
  • browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    slamonella wrote: »
    It's not in the templates but was posted earlier in the thread (in post #343).

Thanks! Too late for this year, but next year it's going on my card for sure.

browncoatbeth on

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • FoggyKnightFoggyKnight Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Heleor wrote: »
    heleorback.pngheleorfront.png

Ordering these now. :)

Heph, where's the cool red leather jacket you're wearing in your icon? Those glasses rock though. :)

How do you guys put the card pictures in? I should upload mine. Fair's fair.

FoggyKnight on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    KEY INFO!

I talked to Jakprints this morning and found out the following information for sure (some might be repeat)
    1. 100 cards is the minimum order for the postcard order (I tried to order 50 for a special event card and they called to let me know 100 is the minimum)
    2. They *will* combine shipping on orders that are placed pretty close to the same time if you make a note in the processing instructions that you have multiple orders and would like them combined shipping (read: within a couple hours, or maybe the same day). They do not hold shipments, so if you make one order one day and another two days later, they will not store the first order to wait for the second.

zerzhul on
  • fennyfenny Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Bucketman wrote: »
    bucketavatar.jpg
    bucketorigional.jpg
    Other info:

hey there! I can go ahead and put your card together tonight so you can take a look at it and proof the text, and then pop the photos in whenever you're able to send them. I might be able to so some photoshop magic and size your icon up for the back, in case you don't have a larger version of that. If you have the original photo for the other pic and could send that to me, that would be awesome. I'll send you my email addy in a PM :)

thanks!

fenny on
    GW2: stella mchaggis / maruette
  • contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Finally got a picutre of my cards.
    cards_resize.jpg

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
    edited February 2011
    5445895295_2ab5a69323.jpg5446496742_1cea3d993c.jpg

Unless you guys spot anything wrong within the next few hours, this is my final draft that I will order later tonight.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • CloudwalkerCloudwalker Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    My cards have arrived ... 3000 miles away. In the end, the cheapest jakprints could quote me for international shipping was $41, so I opted to send them to a kind US forumer for $13 instead. Thanks again to Khadour for taking delivery :)

Cloudwalker on
    Token Scottish guy.

Google+ | Twitter
  • KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    My cards have arrived ... 3000 miles away. In the end, the cheapest jakprints could quote me for international shipping was $41, so I opted to send them to a kind US forumer for $13 instead. Thanks again to Khadour for taking delivery :)

No problemo. Any of the rest of you foreign types are welcome to send here as well - just PM me and I'll shoot you the address. I'll be out and about Boston during the day on Thursday, and participating in the PokeCrawl Thursday night, so plenty of opportunity to meet and get your cards . . .

Khadour on
    Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

edited February 2011
    OK. I uploaded using that green upload button and everything went fine. Now what? Is that it?

And I did UPS Ground/standard shipping. I should be good for PAX, right? I figured 18th as the cutoff meant last day for regular shipping.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • MorgansternMorganstern Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I hereby submit a request for two of your numbers.

Morganstern on
    edited February 2011
    OK. I uploaded using that green upload button and everything went fine. Now what? Is that it?

And I did UPS Ground/standard shipping. I should be good for PAX, right? I figured 18th as the cutoff meant last day for regular shipping.

You're good to go. :) You'll probably get your cards like next Mon/Tue

Rdr on
    edited February 2011

I am so excited for this. I have been wanting to make trading cards for the guys in the NHL 11 thread and this is a great way to test that out.

No one ever answered this question. Are the cards able to be sharpied with a signature or is the texture bleh for that?

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    edited February 2011
    I hereby submit a request for two of your numbers.

I assigned you #67 and #68. Let me know if you want different numbers.

Rdr on
    edited February 2011

I am so excited for this. I have been wanting to make trading cards for the guys in the NHL 11 thread and this is a great way to test that out.

No one ever answered this question. Are the cards able to be sharpied with a signature or is the texture bleh for that?

Yeah the sharpie should work great on them. They're actually a lot like real trading cards.

Rdr on
    edited February 2011

Yeah the sharpie should work great on them. They're actually a lot like real trading cards.

That is what I like to hear. Now, how many signed cards should I give out vs non-signed? Hmmmm. I think I might give out 5 signed cards (the first 5 I give out). Super rare!

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    edited February 2011

That is what I like to hear. Now, how many signed cards should I give out vs non-signed? Hmmmm. I think I might give out 5 signed cards (the first 5 I give out). Super rare!

I better get one of them!

Rdr on
  • gilby123gilby123 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Cards are ordered. :)

gilby123 on
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the
    world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples
    of ignorance?" - John Lithgow, 3rd Rock from the Sun
  • DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Oh hey Rdr got my confirmation today. My cards will be en-route to you soon.

For those that are asking about turn around time, based on the info in my confirmation your cards should be out to you in about 5 business days for domestic orders.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Regarding the extra cards, it is partially a courtesy for everyone using the same vendor. Also it looks like we could easily have more than 100 people this year, so those extra cards will come in handy!

PeasantDave on
  • SashaSasha Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Is it too late to get someone's help with the Photoshop part of this? I have my pictures and stuff ready, but I don't have Photoshop so I don't think I can put the final thing together.

Sasha on