As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Schedule is Revealed

• wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    checking are the theatre names correct for the BCEC?

The BCEC has such clever room names as "Exhibit Hall B" and "Meeting Room 156B." Names like "Naga" and "Manticore" are invented by the PAX people and can correlate to any convention center room they want.

wonderpug on
  • MJPMMJPM Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Frugus wrote: »
    MJPM wrote: »
    Natsirt wrote: »
    It is a shame there isn't another live Acquisitions Inc. game, like there was at Prime. That is the thing I was most excited to see.

Wouldn't be right to have it without Wil, so I understand its absence.

But they could have a Dark Sun game right? Is that not with Kurtz, Game, Tycho and Straub? They will all be there for sure. Oh wait, maybe it's in (or not in) the schedule... I did not get the chance to fully check it out yet.

Then again... They could always make up something at the last second, last year the schedule did not go 100% as planned!

Yup, you are right, they could do the Dark Sun game. I very much enjoyed those in addition to the Acq. Inc. ones!

MJPM on
    paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig2.jpg
  • ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Man, now I need to choose between MC Frontalot and Giant Bomb. Choices, choices!

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
    edited February 2011
    Happy to see the schedule up. Will probably be spending less time in panels than last year based on the schedule, but that means more time for the Expo hall and tabletop freeplay. Also, just checking are the theatre names correct for the BCEC?

Looks like it. If you pull up the Theater schedule, it tells you what the theater names equate to in BCEC terms. Like, the Main Theater is the 3rd floor Ballroom.

MJPM on
  • FoggyKnightFoggyKnight Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Of to the side at the top is the "gaming schedule" which includes game dev sessions and console tournaments.

Thanks for pointing that out, that is what I was looking for too.

It's actually easier to read in the link, the red text helps to break the forums up.

FoggyKnight on
    edited February 2011
    So yeah, is there supposed to be a Chiptune Showcase part 1?

MJPM on
  • WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Yeah, that's on Friday.

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • SoberChefSoberChef Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Pac Man CE DX tourny Saturday night...I AM SO THERE!

SoberChef on
  • goongoon MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Any confirmation on whether Protomen are the first act at the Friday night concert?
    If so, who schedule them at the same time as the live Giant Bombcast?
    I am vexed.

goon on
    Virtue and the grim consequences thereof.
  • feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Dumb question: Is there going to be some sort of master schedule chart of everything available either online or at the venue?

feitocomfruta on
  • territoiresterritoires Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Dumb question: Is there going to be some sort of master schedule chart of everything available either online or at the venue?

You mean like a spreadsheet?

territoires on
    I write about games on a few websites.
    Gaming blog
    @lamournumerique
  • feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, Like a G6... I mean spreadsheet.

feitocomfruta on
  • MangoProjectsMangoProjects Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

If you have a web browser in your phone, you can look it up at anytime. Also, I noticed PAX just added a new panel "State of the Industry" at 10am. I think the schedule is not final and maybe more panel will be add to the list.

MangoProjects on
    I create images with IMPACT.
  • David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    edited February 2011
    The program you'll receive when you first enter the show will have a full rundown of the schedule including a graphical spreadsheet. In the mean time, we also have a printable schedule grid available here.

David Coffman on
    edited February 2011

Yeah, that's on Friday.

Okay, I see it no...... KNIFE CITY!!!!!! Awwww yeah!!!

MJPM on
  • IxmasatIxmasat Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hrm, I swear Weekend Confirmed was on there when the schedule first came up...now it's not, and the time says "TBA" on the spreadsheet. Aw shucks...I was already getting excited about that, ah well.

Ixmasat on
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Do we know the hours for the expo hall yet? I would like to know what they are.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • cocowoushicocowoushi Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So here's my question. Lining up early before the doors open gets you a wristband to get in first for the concerts. How is this going to work on Saturday? I really want to see VGO. Do people with wristbands line up first for omegathone seating? Are people going to be forced to clear the hall after it prior to VGO getting on?

cocowoushi on
  • ArcadiaExeterArcadiaExeter Boston MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    i thought there were no wristbands this year.

ArcadiaExeter on
    7US7VWW.png
  • lillblillb Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    mentok1982 wrote: »
    Do we know the hours for the expo hall yet? I would like to know what they are.

EXHIBIT HALL HOURS
    Friday, March 11th, 2011 - 10am to 7pm
    Saturday, March 12th, 2011 - 10am to 6pm
    Sunday, March 13th, 2011 - 10am to 6pm

EVENT HOURS
    Friday, March 11th, 2011 - 10am to 2am
    Saturday, March 12th, 2011 - 10am to 2am
    Sunday, March 13th, 2011 - 10am to 6pm

found on the screen where you go to buy passes.

lillb on
  • cocowoushicocowoushi Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ah, I didn't go to East last year so that might be the case. Prime usually does this so I could be wrong.

cocowoushi on
  • ShaydeShayde Kitchen Staff Supervisor MargaritavilleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Frugus wrote: »
    Natsirt wrote: »
    It is a shame there isn't another live Acquisitions Inc. game, like there was at Prime. That is the thing I was most excited to see.

Wouldn't be right to have it without Wil, so I understand its absence.

But they could have a Dark Sun game right? Is that not with Kurtz, Game, Tycho and Straub? They will all be there for sure. Oh wait, maybe it's in (or not in) the schedule... I did not get the chance to fully check it out yet.

Then again... They could always make up something at the last second, last year the schedule did not go 100% as planned!

Yup, you are right, they could do the Dark Sun game. I very much enjoyed those in addition to the Acq. Inc. ones!

Yeah. I'm really hoping this pans out. No Wheaton was a huge disappointment, this would make it up a bit. Whenever they play D&D it's a hoot. Who knew it would be such a spectator sport?

Shayde on
    Shayde

Ex-Agent to the Stars, ex a lot of other things too.
    Pax East 2011, 2012 Veteran. 2014 now loading.
  • tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    i thought there were no wristbands this year.

yeah, no wristbands this year, just first come first serve. although apparently they didn't even reach capacity last year and this year it's a bigger venue, so basically you can get in, but the closer you want to to be to the stage, the earlier you should show up. or so i understand. there's official info around about this somewhere, probably in the general info thread, but that thing is huge and i don't have the patience to search it.

tvethiopia on
    <3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • ScubaKevScubaKev Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I took the data from

and made a completely unofficial public Google Calendar of the panels & demos

Assuming you already use Google Calendar, click the "+ Google Calendar" in the bottom right of this and you can add it as a new Calendar in your own Google Calendar.

As this is unofficial, if their schedule changes I can't do much about it unless I know about the changes. Perhaps I can re-do the events when we get closer to the actual date OR if somebody at PAX planning wants, I am happy to give them full editing privileges OR if they want to make their own official calendar I can give them the .CSV file I made from their HTML page and they can make their own Google Calendar (or, heck, any calendar program they like).

Anyway, do with it what you like.
    Kevin

ScubaKev on
  • ThemiscyraThemiscyra Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Dude, awesome. Thanks for doing this! It's a bit easier for me to parse the schedule in this format -- already spotted a couple panels I'd overlooked.

Themiscyra on
    PAX EAST 2011 Omegathon Finalist - PAX East 2012 Omeganaut
    After time adrift among open stars
    Among tides of light and to shoals of dust
    I will return to where I began
  • FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Themiscyra wrote: »
    Dude, awesome. Thanks for doing this! It's a bit easier for me to parse the schedule in this format -- already spotted a couple panels I'd overlooked.

Seconded!!! Thanks a bunch!

Frugus on
    Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • ROWDROWD Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    In order to help out my fellow travelers, I've created a Google Calendar displaying all Pax East 2011 events. Feel free to import it into your own Google Calendar or use the XML, iCal and HTML links to help schedule your trip. If you stumble across any issues, please let me know and I will fix them asap.

Hopefully this helps a few of you guys out. I'll see you in a couple weeks. :)

http://www.thatgamerhub.com/2011/02/pax-east-2011-announcements-schedule/

ROWD on
  • BrothaManBrothaMan Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    Is there an Indie Showcase this year? I didn't see it on the schedule.

BrothaMan on
  • MagnifiedXMagnifiedX [E] PC Security Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    There will be an indie showcase this year, but the games being showcased haven't been announced yet.

MagnifiedX on
  • McRibsMcRibs Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Magfest just confirmed no knife city for jamspace/chiptune show case. I am bummed as well....

McRibs on
    edited February 2011
    McRibs wrote: »
    Magfest just confirmed no knife city for jamspace/chiptune show case. I am bummed as well....

:cry:

MJPM on
  • PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Is it safe to assume Marvel vs Capcom is in fact Marvel vs Capcom 3 on the gaming tournament schedule? (I know it's a silly question, but better safe than sorry)

PeasantDave on
  • wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Almost certain someone said yes when that was asked elsewhere.

wonderpug on
  • lillblillb Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
  • SoCo_and_LimeSoCo_and_Lime Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Guess I'll be nice and hung over for the keynote. Ugggg.

I do prefer the earlier time than last year though.

SoCo_and_Lime on
    [x] Bolt Bus
    [x] Radisson Hotel Boston
    [x] Pre-Pax Dinner
    [x] BYOC and 3 Day Pass

• It's not a tumorIt's not a tumor Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm sure I can't be the only one that finds navigating the schedule on the website a bit clunky and difficult to sort out, so I went ahead and converted it into spreadsheet form and uploaded it into Google Docs. Everything should be accurate and you can compare it against the main schedule on the site by searching for the event name. I was going to just make a calendar but unfortunately I'm not quite sure how to do that without copying and pasting everything. In any case, here's the link.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AtBZxZDyYPobdDVmWHlpYVZZS2dyQzhWWncwWVA5MXc&hl=en&authkey=CMTAhtcE#gid=0

It's not a tumor on
  • SpiritmasterSpiritmaster Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Is it printable on one page? will check when I get home.

Spiritmaster on
  • It's not a tumorIt's not a tumor Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    It would be impossible to shrink it onto one page and still be readable no matter what you do, unfortunately.

It's not a tumor on
  • LelldorianxLelldorianx Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Nice work.

Now I can pretend that I bought those highlighters for a reason...

Lelldorianx on
    Editor @ GamersNexus.net
  • FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm sure I can't be the only one that finds navigating the schedule on the website a bit clunky and difficult to sort out, so I went ahead and converted it into spreadsheet form and uploaded it into Google Docs. Everything should be accurate and you can compare it against the main schedule on the site by searching for the event name. I was going to just make a calendar but unfortunately I'm not quite sure how to do that without copying and pasting everything. In any case, here's the link.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AtBZxZDyYPobdDVmWHlpYVZZS2dyQzhWWncwWVA5MXc&hl=en&authkey=CMTAhtcE#gid=0

1- Thank you so much! Straight to the phone for later use:

2- Someone already did a Google calender on the previous page. Direct link here.

Frugus on
    Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png