As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Many Shuvs and Zuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day

• MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The humor of Ghostbusters defined my humor as a child and even now.

I can still quote the movie from start to finish.

I went through 2 VHS tapes of Ghostbusters when I was a kid because I watched it so much.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I think the only movie I can name as many quotes from as Ghostbusters is probably the original Ninja Turtles movie.

Lars on
    edited February 2011
    Gozer the Gozerian? Good evening. As a duly-designated representative of the City, County and State of NY, I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension.

MagicPrime on
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Growing up, there was a point where my career goal was to become a Ghost Buster. I have never let go of that dream.

Hunter on
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I have truly and without question seen Ghostbusters more than any other film, even including Raiders, Jurassic Park, and Return of the Jedi, all of which I've watched an obscene number of times.

But all I really wanted to let you guys know is that someone with your qualifications would have no problem finding a top-flight job in either the food service of housekeeping industries.

Also sorry about the bug-eyes thing.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    In my storyboarding class, during the first week's session the instructor asked us to each say what our favorite movie was.

Lots of folks named off Disney cartoons (it's an animation school and the instructor worked on a lot of the films), others said the typical high-brow stuff, a couple folks had stuff like Boondock Saints or Fight Club.

I said Ghostbusters.

The instructor sort of stopped and looked at me funny, and then said, "Really? I mean, it's got a fairly decent story, but it isn't anything spectacular..."

And I basically said, "Look - out of every movie in the world that I could come across flipping through channels, I thought of the one film I knew I could always watch and enjoy, no matter how many times I'd seen it. That movie is Ghostbusters."

And she was all, "Yeah, I can totally see that."

Upon further reflection, I think I still prefer The Big Lebowski, but Ghostbusters is right up there, The Goonies, Groundhog's Day and Scrooged are contenders, also. The first Back to the Future, I think, falls under that category, too.

And definitely any of the Indiana Jones movies. The newest one doesn't count. I haven't seen it, and I never will.

I agree with the large majority of this post

I love ghostbusters so damn much

Arch on
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ghostbusters is one of maybe five movies i can rewatch constantly without getting bored of it. Most i watch once and then never again. or maybe once in a five year span i can watch it cause i forgot something. ghostbusters never gets old.

So who is into doing this and on what system and what is your tag there. i am going to make a list for the OP.

Melding on
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I got the game. I could do multi

Doooooo

Rayyyyyyy

Egoooooon

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I lent this game out to a friend. I NEED IT BACK (It was so very, very good.)

Duck Ninja on 360, btw

"Why worry? Each one of us is carrying an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on his back."

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    edited February 2011
    I still have my copy on PS3. I will never sell or trade it on principle alone.

They patched up the multiplayer decently enough. A lot of the glitches in the campaign are polished out from the multi.

MagicPrime on
    edited February 2011
    this is good to know, i am thinking about grabbing it for cheap on ps3 so no one will ever have an excuse.

Melding on
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I remember playing a Ghost Busters game on the PC Junior my family had. it was pretty hard.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Also:

SO MUCH

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Has anyone ever come into a Ghostbusters thread and was like "ehh I don't care for it"

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    someone once insinuated that it was an anti-government movie because of the way it portrayed the epa

that's probably as close as we got

Squall on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    ghostbusters unfairly portrays ancient sumerian gods as being destructive, amoral entities

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ghostbusters 2 wasnt very good at all compaired to the first one.

If they would have called "Fleeb Florb" or somthing else I probably would have liked it more.

Also Kid Bedlam was confused that slimer was a bad guy in the movie. Since they were friends in the cartoon.

Bedlam on
    edited February 2011
    Monkeyfeet wrote: »
    Has anyone ever come into a Ghostbusters thread and was like "ehh I don't care for it"

no?

Melding on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    ghostbusters?

ehh i don't care for i-

pfffftahhahahahha

ghostbusters is great and if you dont like it you are wrong

Arch on
  • MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah I'm trying to say that Ghostbusters is like the one thing that everybody likes.

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
    edited February 2011
    not true.

People have hated the ghostbusters. for a number of reasons. most of them revolving around the church saying ghosts aren't real, and that they trivialize the after life or something.

it is safe to say no sane person dislikes ghostbusters.

Melding on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    if I met someone who didn't like ghostbusters I'd punch them in the nose

no jury in the world would convict me

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    is that some kind of knight with a huge sack?

Bedlam on
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    When Ghostbusters came out it received mostly positive but not overwhelmingly positive reviews
    Most people then and now who didn't like it didn't find it funny

To say that most people who didn't like it, did so out of religiously reasons is silly

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
    edited February 2011
    how, how can you not find it funny?

Melding on
    edited February 2011
    busterK i have difficulty believing these people are real or mentally competent.

I can understand not thinking it's not the funniest thing out there, but not funny at all? i can't imagine.

Melding on
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    You have to remember that at the time these guys were considered the Adam Sandlers and Will Ferrells of their day and compared unfavorably to older comedians the way we compare new guys unfavorably to Bill Murray and Dan Akroyd
    And in future years there will certainly be people that think the newest comedians are far better they way that we would look at Bob Hope movies

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    BusterK wrote: »
    You have to remember that at the time these guys were considered the Adam Sandlers and Will Ferrells of their day and compared unfavorably to older comedians the way we compare new guys unfavorably to Bill Murray and Dan Akroyd
    And in future years there will certainly be people that think the newest comedians are far better they way that we would look at Bob Hope movies

I think all generations can agree that Tom Green was never funny.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Where do those stairs go?

Gaslight on
    edited February 2011
    wait, tom green was suposed to be a comedian? i thought it was a drama series.

The story of a man as he peruses the american dream doing whatever he can do.

It's somehow sadder as a comedy.

Melding on
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I love these movies but Sigourney Weaver as an attractive female love interest is a streeeeeeeeetch

Weaver on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Weaver wrote: »
    I love these movies but Sigourney Weaver as an attractive female love interest is a streeeeeeeeetch

I'd be her lucky star if you know what I mean.

DarkPrimus on
  • NumerosNumeros Goodness GraciousRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I would enjoy some 360-type multiplayer malevolence.

I am fully prepared for the consequences of full protonic reversal.

Numeros on
    edited February 2011
    so who do we have?

Melding - Melding

Duck Ninja - Matev

PrimusD - DarkPrimus

Histroy in rust - Numeros

Melding on
    edited February 2011
    I guess they even patched it recently so you can earn previously bugged multiplayer-achievements.

DarkPrimus on
    edited February 2011
    oh shit! what ghosts am i even missing on that?

Melding on
    edited February 2011
    The obvious solution is to do everything.

DarkPrimus on
    edited February 2011
    i could also go check

I know i was missing some of the slime dunk ones because they did not spawn when triggered.

Melding on
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I love this movie and 2 so much. I can only hope 3 eventuallyt happens because bustin makes me feel good

Bucketman on
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    If they ever do make it and do call it Ghostbusters 3, then it damn well better star the original cast.
    None of that advisory role to a new team of youngsters bull unless the new team fails to handle the new big bad within the first 30 minutes and the rest of the movie is the originals showing them how it's done with a few "too old for this" jokes thrown about. Hell, let the new big bad kill off the new team so they have to deal with both the big bad and a team of ghostly ghostbusters.

Then after that they can franchise off into "Ghostbusters LA" or "Ghostbusters Inc." or whatever and can start a new series there.

Lars on