As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dino guzzling, toxin spewing money pits! What do YOU drive [NSF56k/bicycles]

SpudgeSpudge Witty commentsgo next to this blue dot thingyRegistered User regular
edited March 2011 in Social Entropy++
Hey everybody let's talk about cars. Not just any cars though, talk about what is sitting in your driveway.

I had this car
spg1.jpg
Which was turned into this in '09, weeks after I bought it
SNV10906.jpg

But now, thanks to the Habitat ReStore and 500 bucks, I'm in the process of swapping all the gofast and lookgood parts from the car above into this
SNV10908.jpg

The turbo was dead and the exhaust was completely rotted out, so I swapped those this weekend and it now runs like a champ. Next on my list is the wheels and body trim, then I'll gut and swap out the interior with the end result looking like this
900RBM.jpg

So what moves you at freeway speeds/eats through your cash like Adam Richman at a Mexican restaurant? What kind of problems have you bent over the fender at most times? Or are you one of those people who have the latest, greatest no-service-necessary fancy cars? Motorcycles are okay too

Play With Me
Xbox - IT Jerk
PSN - MicroChrist

I'm too fuckin' poor to play
WordsWFriends - zeewoot
Spudge on

• StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I still don't have pictures of my car

and I don't think I'll take any cause some fuckin retard ripped the badge off the front grill.

Anyway it's an 05' Mazda 6, v6

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
    edited February 2011
    also I heard a story about a Saab once

Staleghoti on
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • SpudgeSpudge Witty comments go next to this blue dot thingyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Well I have quite the Saab story

The (now) donor car is a 1987 900 SPG. Rare because the 86 had a different body and the 88 had different suspension/hubs/e-brake/engine management system. It's also on my list of dream cars

So I bought it for $1000 in August '09. Cheap because it needed a paint job. Got it emissioned and titled in October, and we were in a hit-and-run, leaving the car derelict in the center of an intersection the first weekend in November. Such a short time to enjoy the car

So here I am, year and a half later, and I finally found this other 87 to swap my parts into. My fiance didn't see me at all this Valentines weekend as I was under the car from sunup to bedtime swapping parts and testing

Spudge on
    Play With Me
    Xbox - IT Jerk
    PSN - MicroChrist

WordsWFriends - zeewoot
  • SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    I have a 206 GTI 180 that has the dubious honour of being liked by Jeremy Clarkson.

It costs a fortune in petrol (averaging 28mpg on a good day), comes under one of the highest insurance bands, costs one of the highest road tax funds, needs £360 worth of tyres every 18 months, £80 of oil every 8000 miles but is an absolute blast to drive.

You can throw it into corners at ridiculous speeds and it'll stick to the road level and a 7 second 0-60 time given by the 2 litre 180bhp engine isn't too shabby.

Oh, it's also ugly as sin:
    peugeot-206-gti-180.jpg

I'm in the middle of saving up for a new back box exhaust as it's started to rattle at 1k rpm, which is going to hurt.

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    i bought my first car in august

it's a silver 2002 subaru forester s that had about 25,000 miles when i bought it

it runs nicely and has yet to give me any problems!

POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN on
    vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • SpudgeSpudge Witty comments go next to this blue dot thingyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    How on earth did you find an 8 year old Subaru with so few miles

Or how old was the lady you bought it from

Spudge on
    Play With Me
    Xbox - IT Jerk
    PSN - MicroChrist

WordsWFriends - zeewoot
  • POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Spudge wrote: »

apparently it was traded into the dealership where i got it by a guy living in my neighborhood who used it mainly to drive half a mile to the grocery store and back

according to the sales guy who i dealt with he traded it because he wanted a newer forester with an integrated gps display

why he wanted such a thing when he never goes anywhere is a question i can't answer

but whatever, i got a nice car out of it

POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN on
    vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • nethneth Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

apparently it was traded into the dealership where i got it by a guy living in my neighborhood who used it mainly to drive half a mile to the grocery store and back

according to the sales guy who i dealt with he traded it because he wanted a newer forester with an integrated gps display

why he wanted such a thing when he never goes anywhere is a question i can't answer

but whatever, i got a nice car out of it

maybe he never goes anywhere because he didn't have integrated gps!

My first car was/is(i still have it!) a 93 honda del sol =x convertibles with enough trunk space for hockey equipment are hard to find =)

neth on
  • zen-zen- Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    carid1561.jpg

this is mine, except mine doesn't have alloys and is from 1998

zen- on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    this is what I drive, well my mom has been driving it for me for the past 2 years since i've been overseas.

M3002.jpg

it's an old photo

I love my car

M.D. on
  • MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    My first car was a red 95 Ford Taurus. It was a piece of shit that almost killed me many times.

My current car is a tan 99 Oldsmobile Cutlass that some old guy bought and never drove so when he died I got it mint for pennies on the dollar.

Still smells like dead guy though

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    i drive a 96 purple intrepid.

Melding on
  • zen-zen- Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    also to anyone else in the UK: obligatory moan about petrol prices

zen- on
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    2005_Honda_AccordCoupe_ext_1.jpg

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    A 97 Saturn SC2.

It's much nicer than a 90s American econocar has any right to be.

The EPA says it should get 21 MPG city, and it gets 16. Not great, but not terrible for a 13 year old car made when gas was around a dollar a gallon.

MKR on
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I drive a black 2007 Mini Cooper with a white roof.

It is so awesome.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    sngqxl.jpg

natek on
  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I've got a mazda 6

mazda6_2006.jpg

It was a rental car in its past life, so I got a badass switch-blade type key with all the buttons on it what make the doors lock.

But what I dig most about it is the interior

mazda6_int_large.jpg

On the steering wheel there are all the buttons one needs to fuck with the radio and I love it.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
    edited February 2011
    Jordyn wrote: »

It is so awesome.

I love Coopers. Would hate to deal with repair bills though

Spudge on
    Play With Me
    Xbox - IT Jerk
    PSN - MicroChrist

WordsWFriends - zeewoot
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Got a 2008 Hyundai Accent, silver

myvehicles_2008_accent.jpg
    Image 1:1 scale

Nice little car, works fine for the amount of driving I do.

MichaelLC on
  • IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    '07 Dodge Charger

It doesn't have a hemi, sadly. It does have Sf Giants black and orange fuzzy dice hanging off the rear view mirror

07-Dodge-ChargerRT-F01.jpg

IvanIssacs on
  • risumonrisumon Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Jordyn wrote: »

It is so awesome.

I love Coopers. Would hate to deal with repair bills though

I kind of regret trading mine in. Went more practical and got a Honda Fit to replace it, but I did love that coop. It was the fear of those repair bills that made me do it. Was pretty sure I was going to need a new clutch or tranny if I kept it. Thing was just possessed and would be horrible on some days and then perfect other days. The problems had been around for a while and the dealerships and other techs I went to were never any help since I could rarely recreate the problems.

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheClarksterTheClarkster Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Just sold my 03 WRX:
    1zvfxur.jpg

which hurt like a bitch to get rid of.

But I moved up(ish) to an 05 Volvo V70R. 300 HP and AWD. Woo!

nbdxlc.jpg

TheClarkster on
    Waka
    Waka

Flocka
  • freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    2001-acura-mdx-touring.jpg

2001 Acura MDX. This one's a stock photo but it looks pretty much exactly the same. It had a previous owner for about 160k miles and the paint job is a little roughed up, and the suspension needs work. Otherwise it runs like a champ.

I love my car, even though it only runs on premium. -.-

freakish light on
  • Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    14166110opelastra5drs16iseasonzs5.jpg

Except in another colour. Cost about 600€ and there were some things to fix, and there still is. One of the side mirrors was taken from another astra that used electric ones, so to change the view you need to lower the passenger side window and stick your hand out.
    The engine warmer is broken which is great when it's -30 degrees outside and you need to get to work, the gearbox is stiff as hell when it's cold (Shifting into third or first can sometimes be a bitch) and there aren't any safety features such as ABS breaks or that kind of stuff which the car I trained to drive in had. The windows don't fully close and occasionally the central locking mechanism fucks up and leaves a door open.

I'm looking to replace the thing for a four-wheel drive because the roads here can be terrible.

Cars I'm thinking about:
    Audi 80 2.6 Avant Quattro "RS2 look" '93 driven 250 000 km for 3000€

BMW 325 '91 driven 206 000 km for 2850€

Subaru Legacy 2.2i 4*4 '92 driven 200 000 km for 2250€

Audi 100 Quattro '93 driven 254 600 km for 2000€

Mercedes-Benz C C180 '94 driven 240 000 km for 2900€

Any thoughts about those options?

Burning Organ on
  • risumonrisumon Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Dirty Ass MINI
    2009-12-28%2012.20.46.jpg

Fit
    IMG_20101107_133549.jpg

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2011
    Look at all you fuckers with cars that are younger than 10 years.

Let the old times roll, crash and burn in a fiery death because I don't have no ABS breaks.
    (Then again I have been using this car for more than a year now with only like two accidents, both extremely minor ones)

Burning Organ on
    edited February 2011
    I've got a mazda 6

mazda6_2006.jpg

It was a rental car in its past life, so I got a badass switch-blade type key with all the buttons on it what make the doors lock.

But what I dig most about it is the interior

mazda6_int_large.jpg

On the steering wheel there are all the buttons one needs to fuck with the radio and I love it.

Nice to have another member of the club on the forums.

Mine's got the v6 but without the sport body kit, go fig

nice leather!

Staleghoti on
  • thanimationsthanimations Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I drive a G35 cos I'm supa fly

it's a piece of shit

thanimations on
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    i have a honda fit

its kinda boring

but also kinda fun

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
    edited February 2011
    I don't even know if this Saturn has ABS. They were big on standardizing useful things that tended to be optional, so it might.

edit:

What's weird about Saturns is that they all sound the same. Even the needlessly overpowered gas guzzling DOHC in this thing sounds like a Saturn engine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2K72CACnHo

(the clicking is shifter noise and the camera jostling around)

MKR on
    edited February 2011
    One thing I love about my car: My dad hates driving it because I didn't bother to hook up the radio antenna when I installed (Plugged in) the new stereo.

I figured "Finnish radio sucks anyway, and with my USB drive I can listen to what I want instead of hearing the same song 3 times in the course of 30 minutes"

Burning Organ on
    edited February 2011
    Look at all you fuckers with cars that are younger than 10 years.

Let the old times roll, crash and burn in a fiery death because I don't have no ABS breaks.
    (Then again I have been using this car for more than a year now with only like two accidents, both extremely minor ones)

Damn straight. No ABS, no traction control, MASSIVE fwd torque steer, and better power/weight ratio than Mustang 5.0 or Camaro Z/28 of the same vintage. It's fun to shift to 2nd, give it full throttle and listen as the tires lose all sense of traction

Spudge on
    Play With Me
    Xbox - IT Jerk
    PSN - MicroChrist

WordsWFriends - zeewoot
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I don't actually have any pictures of my own car:

9792496.jpg

Except with the wheels from this model:

200SX%20S15.jpg

Anybody got a good spare SR20DET they don't want? My engine is kaput.

The girlfriends car:

Image000-1.jpg

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    my previous car was a 96 taurus
    right before I got rid of it, it was leaking both power steering fluid AND brake fluid

natek on
    edited February 2011
    natek wrote: »
    my previous car was a 96 taurus
    right before I got rid of it, it was leaking both power steering fluid AND brake fluid

Taurus: Built and leaks like a bull.

MKR on
  • DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Normally I drive a 2001 Ford Escape. Gets me around, and is surprisingly good in the snow.

But in the summers, I unleash this:

PM34o.jpg

My '68 Chevelle. I don't have a photo handy, so picture that car with charcoal stripes down the middle. It gets about 10 miles to the gallon down hill and leaks oil in the garage, but damn it feels good cruising around town in that.

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
    edited February 2011
    jealous

Staleghoti on
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This is the '89 Cherokee I just bought. 15mpg and random things that just don't work right. So nice to drive though. Just took it up on some old logging roads and through the mud and it was an absolute blast. Plus the interior is near perfect condition especially for a car of its age.

IMG_1070.jpg

IMG_1069.jpg

please ignore the thumb in the frame on the first one. :D

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I realized how much I love my Toyota Yaris this weekend when I had to navigate through Los Angeles traffic that was just an insane maze of cars going every which way. I was able to snake through them and park pretty easily with having a small car.

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1