As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

ALL PAX EAST 2011 PASSES ARE SOLD OUT! FOREVER!

• RazorDRazorD Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The moment you select how many tickets you want, it "reserves" them until you check out or 15 minutes or something.. So i assume it was just people not checking out! Either way, shows there can't be many left now. :P

RazorD on
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Just snagged mine. I will lose my PAX virginity this year. Please be gentle, Khoo.

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • SpiderSimianSpiderSimian Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    How many 3 day passes have already been sold?

I'll reply to this message with the following quote:
    MelesMeles wrote: »
    BUY YOUR PASSES NOW.

I got my pass back in November or whatever, the day they went on sale.

What I mean is how many 3 day passes were sold, total, I am just curious how many were available...

IE how many people are gonna be at PAX East this year compared to last? I get the impression it will be ENORMOUS.

SpiderSimian on
  • MagnifiedXMagnifiedX [E] PC Security Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    How many 3 day passes have already been sold?

I'll reply to this message with the following quote:
    MelesMeles wrote: »
    BUY YOUR PASSES NOW.

I got my pass back in November or whatever, the day they went on sale.

What I mean is how many 3 day passes were sold, total, I am just curious how many were available...

IE how many people are gonna be at PAX East this year compared to last? I get the impression it will be ENORMOUS.

Traditionally, the only numbers released as far as attendance go is the final turnstile count. Meaning, the final count of 3 day badges sold aren't released to the public, just the total attendance.

MagnifiedX on
  • Bad AspBad Asp Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Juuuuuuuuust snagged one yesterday.

Bad Asp on
  • RazorDRazorD Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Drop down option now suggests there are only 4 tickets left!

Edit: Only 1 left now! (Though, some people could have them in their carts...)
    Edit 2: And all gone! (Again, if you want one, keep refreshing incase someone doesn't check out)

RazorD on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited February 2011
    Word on the street is that there are 3 passes left hiding in people's carts right now. Those will likely be gone very soon. If you didn't get a three-day pass, expect to be buying single-day passes soon (before they sell out as well).

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited February 2011
    okay, now they're gone

if you didn't get one, you can try the Have/Need tickets thread or buy single-day passes

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• MJPMMJPM Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Just snagged mine. I will lose my PAX virginity this year. Please be gentle, Khoo.

A VIRGIN!!!!! Get the squirt guns and the Boo box!

MJPM on
    paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig2.jpg
  • RainbowTunnelRainbowTunnel Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm sooo glad I got mine several months ago. Now if only I did that with pre-ordering "Wise Man's Fear".....

RainbowTunnel on
  • MJPMMJPM Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm sooo glad I got mine several months ago. Now if only I did that with pre-ordering "Wise Man's Fear".....

I'm just glad it's finally coming out!

MJPM on
    paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig2.jpg
  • OnmitsuOnmitsu I'm just a birdie Ca-caw, ca-caw!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Haha, I'm not sure which situation is more desperate! NOTW was GOOD. I'm getting it on the kindle. No lines, but no precious hardcover to stroke like it's The One Ring either...

Oh... also... Since all the 3 day passes are sold out, any bets on how long it is before one of the single-day passes sells out?

Onmitsu on
    Man, even Dora the Explorer thinks you're slow.
  • RainbowTunnelRainbowTunnel Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    MJPM wrote: »

I'm just glad it's finally coming out!
    Onmitsu wrote: »

Haha, I'm not sure which situation is more desperate! NOTW was GOOD. I'm getting it on the kindle. No lines, but no precious hardcover to stroke like it's The One Ring either...

Oh... also... Since all the 3 day passes are sold out, any bets on how long it is before one of the single-day passes sells out?

Pat Rothfuss is doing a book signing in Boston on March 16th, the wednesday after PAX. Just thought to let you know.

Also, I think Saturday passes might sell out, but I'm skeptic about friday. Passes sold out way faster last year (of course, we're at a much bigger venue this year).

RainbowTunnel on
    edited February 2011
    Pat Rothfuss is doing a book signing in Boston on March 16th, the wednesday after PAX. Just thought to let you know.

Also, I think Saturday passes might sell out, but I'm skeptic about friday. Passes sold out way faster last year (of course, we're at a much bigger venue this year).

I'm aware of the signing, but unfortunately, I have to be back to home base by Tuesday to TA my whiny undergrads. Such is life!

Also, I suppose that does leave the somewhat more expensive option of people buying 3 one-day passes open for a little bit at least.

Onmitsu on
  • AJRogersAJRogers Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    I was lucky to get a 3 day about an hour before they sold out. *phew*

AJRogers on
  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Le *sigh*

Didnt have the money or time available from work to make an awesome road trip from Seattle to BCEC...
    Is it PAX Prime yet...? :'(

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • luceklucek Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Out of curiosity when are the regular passes going to be tracked in this thread?

lucek on
  • It's not a tumorIt's not a tumor Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    lucek wrote: »
    Out of curiosity when are the regular passes going to be tracked in this thread?

They run out of those?

It's not a tumor on
    edited February 2011
    What do you mean by regular passes?

3-day passes are gone, Saturday passes are below 750, Friday and Sunday will be soon to follow.

After that there aren't any other types of passes for sale.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited February 2011
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »

3-day passes are gone, Saturday passes are below 750, Friday and Sunday will be soon to follow.

I meant single day passes.

lucek on
  • KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

I'm pretty sure "Any other passes" includes all single-day passes.

Kilonum on
    JfqWFk8.png
  • WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Reg Update: 400 Sat Badges left and tomorrow (2/17) is the last day to buy & have them mailed. Otherwise you gotta pickup at Reg :(

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    edited February 2011
    Kilonum wrote: »

I'm pretty sure "Any other passes" includes all single-day passes.

People didn't know what I meant so I added a correction.

lucek on
    edited February 2011
    Saturday passes will probably be gone today.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• deebbzdeebbz Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    If I got my Saturday and Friday passes you think i would be able to resell them if i happen to come across a 3 day pass?? cause thats the only think stopping me from buying them

deebbz on
  • WaduWadu Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    deebbz wrote: »
    If I got my Saturday and Friday passes you think i would be able to resell them if i happen to come across a 3 day pass?? cause thats the only think stopping me from buying them
    Yes. It sells out so you will have no problems finding others to buy your pass. The alternative is to risk not going at all.

Wadu on
  • deebbzdeebbz Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    all right i just got em hopefully I can manage a three day pass though :)

deebbz on
  • monalisa38monalisa38 Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    I don't understand why I can't still buy a pass for 3 days ...
    if there are single days passes for all three days open...

monalisa38 on
    edited February 2011
    monalisa38 wrote: »

3-day passes are sold out

If you want, you can buy a pass for Friday, one for Saturday and one for Sunday and still attend all three days, but it will cost more than the 3-day pass alone did. However, if you plan on doing that, you should do it quickly, before Saturday passes run out.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited February 2011

If you want, you can buy a pass for Friday, one for Saturday and one for Sunday and still attend all three days, but it will cost more than the 3-day pass alone did. However, if you plan on doing that, you should do it quickly, before Saturday passes run out.

I think you got your answer.

lucek on
  • WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Less than 200 3-day badges left. If you are planning on going and waiting for some reason, I recommend you snag them now.

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    edited February 2011
    Why is that tweet not showing up for me?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• monalisa38monalisa38 Registered User new member
    edited February 2011

But that's sooo much more money :// I dont understand why they can't continue to offer the package deal...? I guess I'm going to end up only going saturday...

monalisa38 on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011

But that's sooo much more money :// I dont understand why they can't continue to offer the package deal...? I guess I'm going to end up only going saturday...

I'm sure the reason is based around fire codes, etc, for the most part... but you've had since September to buy a 3-day badge and save yourself some $. Hopefully you have a blast either way whichever days you decide to come :)

zerzhul on
    edited February 2011

It's unfortunate for you but you have to understand they have bills to pay. They set up PAX with the understanding of how many passes they would sell at $35 and $55, It's nothing personal. They just want to keep the lights on. If you want you can keep an eye on this thread.Have/Need Ticket Thread

If you want to go buy a pass now. If the activity on the page is an indication in the event you get lucky and can pick up a 3day pass you'll have no trouble getting rid of a 1 day pass when they sell out.

lucek on
  • lillblillb Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Last call! Under 100 Saturday passes remaining for #PAX East!

lillb on
  • DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

But that's sooo much more money :// I don't understand why they can't continue to offer the package deal...? I guess I'm going to end up only going Saturday...

Some people don't want to go all three days, or can't. There's no reason to force them to buy a three day pass they can't use. Splitting up a select lot into single one day passes opens up the accessibility of the con and allows more people to attend.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
    edited February 2011
    lillb wrote: »
    Last call! Under 100 Saturday passes remaining for #PAX East!

Dun dun DUNNNNNNNNN!

I like to imagine that quote being done by the Old Spice man.

Onmitsu on
    edited February 2011
    Onmitsu wrote: »
    I like to imagine that quote being done by the Old Spice man.

There's 1000 passes left. Look at your computer, at me, back to your computer, back to me, back to your computer. There's only 100 Saturday PAX east passes left. Back at me back to your computer. Nows there's none.

I'm on a horse.
    IsaiahMustafaOldSpicecommercial.jpg

lucek on
  • SpiderSimianSpiderSimian Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    MagnifiedX wrote: »
    Traditionally, the only numbers released as far as attendance go is the final turnstile count. Meaning, the final count of 3 day badges sold aren't released to the public, just the total attendance.

Bah but I wanna know nnnoooowwwwww!!

SpiderSimian on
This discussion has been closed.