As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2011 PAX Forum Challenge Coin - ORDERS CLOSED. That's it!

• LelldorianxLelldorianx Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    These are pretty sweet :D I would prefer more video gaming stuff, but I also play lots of tabletop games -- so I'm happy regardless :)

Lelldorianx on
    Editor @ GamersNexus.net
  • karmacappakarmacappa Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So are the designs definitely the ones from the OP? I'm loving it and can't wait to get mine!

Yes, that was the artwork that was submitted. Once there are pictures of the proof coin, they will be posted.

karmacappa on
    "In Europe, it's not America."
    Scott Kurtz, The Morning After, Aug 31 - 2010
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Nice! Ordered, and one for Kristin as well if I may take the initiative roll on behalf of the Brigade! =) Thanks for the heads up on that karmacappa, I had forgotten to check this thread for far too long =(

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • MxWoodMxWood Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Coins are ordered...

MxWood on
  • phantomAIphantomAI Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    ordered

phantomAI on
  • TilionTilion Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ordered 15, enough for everyone in the group I'm attending with.

Tilion on
  • macrogeekmacrogeek Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I called this morning. They only had about 8-9 paypal orders from before the web interface went up. They said they would probably get them refunded today.

macrogeek on
    edited February 2011
    macrogeek wrote: »
    I called this morning. They only had about 8-9 paypal orders from before the web interface went up. They said they would probably get them refunded today.

Thanks for the update Macrogeek! I'll bring it up when I do a status check with them tomorrow morning as well.
    I'd just like to remind everyone that orders will be filled in the order they are received. Please do not delay in ordering because the sooner you order, the sooner your coins will be shipped.

karmacappa on
  • <Omicron-8643><Omicron-8643> Just outside DC. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Oh man. Those poor guys over at USCC. They probably don't know what hit them with all these orders. If all goes smoothly and we get our coins before PAX, would a thank you note with a picture of all of us go amiss?

<Omicron-8643> on
    edited February 2011
    Oh man. Those poor guys over at USCC. They probably don't know what hit them with all these orders. If all goes smoothly and we get our coins before PAX, would a thank you note with a picture of all of us go amiss?

They would probably love a group shot of us with our coins in their forums. They're very proud of the work they do on the coins, and they love to receive feedback on them.

karmacappa on
  • Oldmangloom315Oldmangloom315 [ENFORCER] Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    karmacappa wrote: »

They would probably love a group shot of us with our coins in their forums. They're very proud of the work they do on the coins, and they love to receive feedback on them.

I'd love to take part in this if possible. Sounds awesome.

Oldmangloom315 on
  • ArymanAryman Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Not enough gaming stuff on the coin. No thanks.

Aryman on
    360/PSN/Steam: Aryman104

Currently playing: MvC3
    Other games: SSF4, Smash Bros Brawl, Pokemon HG, Magicka
  • slamonellaslamonella Clue-by-Four Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Aryman wrote: »
    Not enough gaming stuff on the coin. No thanks.

It's an coin to mark the event, not a "support my gaming addiction of choice" coin.

slamonella on
    Some people are like Slinkies. They have no practical use whatsoever,
    but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
  • QueenMegzQueenMegz Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    did anyone who placed an origional order get a refund yet? i paid through paypal and they haven't even initiated a refund

QueenMegz on
  • papaprinnypapaprinny Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    QueenMegz wrote: »
    did anyone who placed an origional order get a refund yet? i paid through paypal and they haven't even initiated a refund

Call them.

papaprinny on
    paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig1.jpg
    edited February 2011
    QueenMegz wrote: »

If you call USCC, you can directly get the status on this. I'll be getting an update on the issue when I call them tomorrow morning.

UPDATE: They've worked through most of the Paypal refunds, only 2 remain. They will do those two tomorrow morning.

karmacappa on
    edited February 2011
    Ok, they're going through all of the invoices and should have the last of the refunds processed fairly soon. If you still haven't gotten a refund, please call them or e-mail them. If they have your name, they don't have to look through all the invoices, they can go to yours specifically and initiate the refund immediately.

karmacappa on
    edited February 2011
    Just placed my order online and after a quick call, they finally issued my PayPal refund.

slamonella on
    but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
  • antheremantherem Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I just got my PayPal refund. I don't know what I'd have done without that $2.53!
    Thanks for following up, karma.

antherem on
  • macrogeekmacrogeek Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    My refund just went through...haven't bothered them since I posted yesterday about it.

macrogeek on
  • SpiderSimianSpiderSimian Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

If anyone decides to organize this please PM me so I will know. Thx.

Ordered 3 coins today!

SpiderSimian on
  • Arithon32Arithon32 Member of the Pinquisition Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ordered 4. Keep me posted if there's gonna be a group shot.

Arithon32 on
    vru37z14gk5j.png

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ordered one for myself... I doubt any of my friends will want one, their problem though I guess.

TheAggroCraig on
  • RazorDRazorD Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Did anyone who paid by paypal on the website get an order confirmation? I just got an email from PayPal, but not from USCC directly...

RazorD on
  • 61Ranchero61Ranchero Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ordered.

61Ranchero on
  • stishdrstishdr Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I haven't received a confirmation from them directly yet, just paypal as well.

stishdr on
  • SpiderSimianSpiderSimian Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    stishdr wrote: »
    I haven't received a confirmation from them directly yet, just paypal as well.

I ordered with Goolgle Checkout and I got what APPEARS to be a confirmation from them... but not sure i it is actually coming from Google or not.

SpiderSimian on
  • thorkonthorkon Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    In for 4. 3 for my friends and one for the person who booked the hotel for my friends and their friends when we meet In boston.

thorkon on
    edited February 2011
    Hopefully people who order now will get their coins before PAX, but we can't guarantee it. Remember, Feb is a short month, so we're a couple of weeks and change away now.

karmacappa on
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Any idea as to when the first batch are going out?

UEAKCrash on
    edited February 2011
    I'm going to call them sometime this week and figure out if we have a proof, how many lots are being produced, and if we have an estimated completion time on those lots.

Update: I got a proof picture from USCC. Right now we're just waiting on final approval from Papaprinny on the proof in case there is anything wrong with it, and then USCC will put the coin into production. Right now they're geared up to make 350 coins, and we can find out more estimates of when they'll ship once they start striking the coins.
    5468836620_af7ed7b75e_b.jpg

karmacappa on
  • Oldmangloom315Oldmangloom315 [ENFORCER] Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm going to call them sometime this week and figure out if we have a proof, how many lots are being produced, and if we have an estimated completion time on those lots.

Update: I got a proof picture from USCC. Right now we're just waiting on final approval from Papaprinny on the proof in case there is anything wrong with it, and then USCC will put the coin into production. Right now they're geared up to make 350 coins, and we can find out more estimates of when they'll ship once they start striking the coins.

Holy carp this looks awesome. I hope to get it before PAX. If not, I'll still be stoked to have it.

Oldmangloom315 on
  • HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    That's not bad for 5 dollars, but looking at my prime one and this one, it seems the prime one has a lot crisper detail - primarily the text.

I hope that's just because of the picture.

Heleor on
    edited February 2011
    Heleor wrote: »
    That's not bad for 5 dollars, but looking at my prime one and this one, it seems the prime one has a lot crisper detail - primarily the text.

I hope that's just because of the picture.

It's because the coin is shiny right now, it hasn't been plated yet. The proof is primarily to double check the die to make sure there are no defects. Shiny coins don't photograph as well, but once it's plated, it will have an antique finish, just like the Prime coins. From what I can see, the text on the coins look to have roughly the same definition.

karmacappa on
  • stishdrstishdr Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    anyone know what size this coin is?

stishdr on
    edited February 2011
    stishdr wrote: »
    anyone know what size this coin is?

1.75" in diameter. These are the same dimensions as were used with the PAX Prime Community Coin.

karmacappa on
  • flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Looks pretty good. For some reason, Paul Revere looks like Panthro to me....
    panthro7.JPG

I am also curious about the size of the coin. In my original design suggestions, I advocated a fairly sizable coin - like 2" or something - but I'd forgotten about that since then since most of the discussions have been around the design itself, not the size or finish. To my untrained eye this looks a little smaller than that, maybe more like 1-1.5".

flatline on
    East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
    edited February 2011
    Holy crap, he does look like a Thundercat. Creepy!

slamonella on
    edited February 2011
    flatline wrote: »

Looks pretty good. For some reason, Paul Revere looks like Panthro to me....
    panthro7.JPG

I am also curious about the size of the coin. In my original design suggestions, I advocated a fairly sizable coin - like 2" or something - but I'd forgotten about that since then since most of the discussions have been around the design itself, not the size or finish. To my untrained eye this looks a little smaller than that, maybe more like 1-1.5".

Papaprinny has sent back asking for a redraw and a second proof on that.

It was decided to try to keep the community coins at a static size. Since the last one was 1.75", this one is continuing that tradition. 1.75" is a good compromise between size and cost. The price increases exponentially as you increase the size. The size in the picture is hard to measure without a point of reference, but we paid for 1.75" coins so they should be 1.75".

karmacappa on
  • <Omicron-8643><Omicron-8643> Just outside DC. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    slamonella wrote: »
    Holy crap, he does look like a Thundercat. Creepy!

Given the crowd, I can't imagine a more appropriate comparison.

The coins are looking good! I'm glad to hear the text is going to be similar to the Prime coin. I was worried about the definition too but I can't wait for the final product!

<Omicron-8643> on