Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The Good Webcomic Thread About Good Webcomics

15859616364

Posts

  • SeriouslySeriously ˈpɛrɪ ˌdɒt Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I was actually kind of surprised Rane got the pony bug

    I read him as going the other way


    I guess I need to lurk more

    iq16sKi.png
  • RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    crwth wrote: »
    rane just thinks everyone is gay

    hopes

    hopes, dear boy

    Dubh wrote: »
    Rane is the future of ancient greek tradition
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    MViking wrote: »
    So you're saying there's a backlash to the backlash about ponies?

    Man, there's going to be some backlash about that?

    "I wouldn't talk about eating poop so much if people didn't think poop-eating was so gross."
    Spoiler:

    Okay, seriously.

    Does everyone see this? If you're defending MLP, you can't actually come to a compromise with this person.

    Just ignore him and talk about webomics already.

    jm3rY.jpg

  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Raneados wrote: »
    Raneados wrote: »
    L|ama wrote: »
    I think an adult person who does not watch my little pony is better than an adult who does, all other things equal

    yes

    Pretty much where I'm at, yeah.

    While idly musing, I've been wondering how many My Little Pony fans have ever had a 70-hour work week.

    And sure, I know, there are plenty of other frivolous things that I could apply that exact same line of musing to. Hell, I could apply it to "people who post on internet forums." But that's where my musing is currently going.

    Pooro I am super disappointed in you and your judgmental attitude

    you, of all people, should not be judging others

    when I kidnap nads and make him my gaybride, you will not be invited :(

    Why "of all people"

    What even

    What

    aren't you one of the gays?

    or am I thinking of Cog

    Cog's definitely pretty down with the dudes, but I'm pretty notoriously straight.

    Still make out with Nads from time to time, though

  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    fyi rane we're on thread 36 of gloss

    god

    damn

    it

  • MVikingMViking Registered User
    edited February 2011
    Glorious, Moon over June-less, page 97.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYfOhNPKsCY

    its ok ill cancel out moj
    Edcrab wrote: »
    L|ama wrote: »
    Edcrab wrote: »
    In that case I think people with asian girl themes and punctuation in their name are one step up from fungus

    those people are so awful

    not quite as bad as people who don't know that vertical bars aren't punctuation though

    Punctuation marks are any symbols that indicate the structure of written language, and that even applies to symbols used mainly for code or mathematics

    You're terrible

    uh excuse me i do not see '|' in any wikipedia articles on punctuation except in reference to sanskrit

  • crwthcrwth IDIOT NEWS Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    squall i know you're not looking at that at work because you have images turned off!

    so i guess to answer your question: i'm lazy?

  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Stilts, you silly goose, I pointed out IN MY EXACT POST that I was making a strawman argument. That whole post was a joke.

    I really couldn't have made it any clearer, like, at all.

    Really, you picked the absolute worst post, out of a whole CHAIN of my untamed dickery, to use as your example of why people should ignore me.

  • crwthcrwth IDIOT NEWS Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Raneados wrote: »
    crwth wrote: »
    rane just thinks everyone is gay

    hopes

    hopes, dear boy

    kiss me rane

    make your hopes a reality

    (just don't let chico see us oh god)

  • RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Seriously wrote: »
    I was actually kind of surprised Rane got the pony bug

    I read him as going the other way


    I guess I need to lurk more

    the other way and... hating ponies?

    how could I hate ponies?


    and naw dude, while I do enjoy steaks and lifting weights and huge dinners and shooting the shit out of some guns and yeah once in a while I'll do some muddin' and i looooooove me some alcohol

    I also enjoy some ponies, cuddling, romantic walks on beaches, playing with puppies, the gentle play of light on a rose petal, and the subtle sunset in April

    I'm not buying any pony toys anytime soon (although that might be partly to do with money? who can say what might be?)

    but yeah, I like things that I like and I'm not gonna stop just because people don't like it or because I want to fit any sort of set rules of what I should like

    Dubh wrote: »
    Rane is the future of ancient greek tradition
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    crwth wrote: »
    squall i know you're not looking at that at work because you have images turned off!

    so i guess to answer your question: i'm lazy?

    i got tired of having to disable and reenable that function between work school and home

    so thanks a lot :x

  • crwthcrwth IDIOT NEWS Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Squall wrote: »
    crwth wrote: »
    squall i know you're not looking at that at work because you have images turned off!

    so i guess to answer your question: i'm lazy?

    i got tired of having to disable and reenable that function between work school and home

    so thanks a lot :x

    np

  • CoinageCoinage The man from the other side Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Squall wrote: »
    fyi rane we're on thread 36 of gloss

    god

    damn

    it
    What is a gloss? Because the only thing I'm getting Google-wise is a defunct NZ drama, which seems unlikely.

    coinage.gif
  • RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Squall wrote: »
    fyi rane we're on thread 36 of gloss

    god

    damn

    it

    see I'm not even up to date on Squall's fucking boulder that' he keeps pushing up that mountain

    this is what happens when I go away for a day and change, I forget everything

    Dubh wrote: »
    Rane is the future of ancient greek tradition
  • EdcrabEdcrab Registered User
    edited February 2011
    L|ama wrote: »
    Edcrab wrote: »
    L|ama wrote: »
    Edcrab wrote: »
    In that case I think people with asian girl themes and punctuation in their name are one step up from fungus

    those people are so awful

    not quite as bad as people who don't know that vertical bars aren't punctuation though

    Punctuation marks are any symbols that indicate the structure of written language, and that even applies to symbols used mainly for code or mathematics

    You're terrible

    uh excuse me i do not see '|' in any wikipedia articles on punctuation except in reference to sanskrit

    |

    It's in the goddamn punctuation section

    What more could a Wiki pedant want

    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Edcrab wrote: »
    L|ama wrote: »
    Edcrab wrote: »
    L|ama wrote: »
    Edcrab wrote: »
    In that case I think people with asian girl themes and punctuation in their name are one step up from fungus

    those people are so awful

    not quite as bad as people who don't know that vertical bars aren't punctuation though

    Punctuation marks are any symbols that indicate the structure of written language, and that even applies to symbols used mainly for code or mathematics

    You're terrible

    uh excuse me i do not see '|' in any wikipedia articles on punctuation except in reference to sanskrit

    |

    It's in the goddamn punctuation section

    What more could a Wiki pedant want

    nuh uh, it's in the general typography section

  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    squall, are you saying we don't have enough gloss threads?

    I'm working on it, but no one else posts

  • RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Edcrab wrote: »
    L|ama wrote: »
    Edcrab wrote: »
    L|ama wrote: »
    Edcrab wrote: »
    In that case I think people with asian girl themes and punctuation in their name are one step up from fungus

    those people are so awful

    not quite as bad as people who don't know that vertical bars aren't punctuation though

    Punctuation marks are any symbols that indicate the structure of written language, and that even applies to symbols used mainly for code or mathematics

    You're terrible

    uh excuse me i do not see '|' in any wikipedia articles on punctuation except in reference to sanskrit

    |

    It's in the goddamn punctuation section

    What more could a Wiki pedant want

    um

    isn't that in the general typography section?

    that's not a subsection of Punctuation, I don't think, it's a separate category

    edit wait nope, he's right, thar she blows
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Punctuation

    Dubh wrote: »
    Rane is the future of ancient greek tradition
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Coinage wrote: »
    Squall wrote: »
    fyi rane we're on thread 36 of gloss

    god

    damn

    it
    What is a gloss? Because the only thing I'm getting Google-wise is a defunct NZ drama, which seems unlikely.

    glossolalia, their play by post rpg

  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Coinage wrote: »
    Squall wrote: »
    fyi rane we're on thread 36 of gloss

    god

    damn

    it
    What is a gloss? Because the only thing I'm getting Google-wise is a defunct NZ drama, which seems unlikely.

    glossolalia is a series of play by post rpgs that have been run on SE++ for over two years now

    thread is somewhere on the second page right now, cant be buggered to link it

  • crwthcrwth IDIOT NEWS Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Stilts, you silly goose, I pointed out IN MY EXACT POST that I was making a strawman argument. That whole post was a joke.

    I really couldn't have made it any clearer, like, at all.

    Really, you picked the absolute worst post, out of a whole CHAIN of my untamed dickery, to use as your example of why people should ignore me.

    I thought the "My argument: strawman image" meant that the fake quote you were using as an analogy for the My Little Pony defense was a strawman.

    I didn't think you were saying the argument you've been carrying on for 8 pages or so was a joke.

    Mostly because continuing an argument that you actually think is a joke seems like a really silly thing to do.

  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    that comic is my greatest fear

  • MVikingMViking Registered User
    edited February 2011
    Rane describing himself gave me a pretty hilarious mental image. Like that picture of Deadpool brushing a MLP toy.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    how sad to become a regular at a store and to be liked by people enough to be recognized and an attempt to be made to be friendly with

    wait that's not sad at all

    Dubh wrote: »
    Rane is the future of ancient greek tradition
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    Shabooty wrote: »
    that comic is my greatest fear

    oh my goodness yes

    I have stopped going to bakeries because they started pre-empting my order. Don't they understand, I just want to be anonymous!

  • RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    MViking wrote: »
    Rane describing himself gave me a pretty hilarious mental image. Like that picture of Deadpool brushing a MLP toy.

    it sucks that halloween is so far away

    Dubh wrote: »
    Rane is the future of ancient greek tradition
  • crwthcrwth IDIOT NEWS Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Shabooty wrote: »
    that comic is my greatest fear

    there was a jimmy johns close to where i used to live that i frequented and i always got the same thing

    and a couple of the girls there knew me by name and stuff and one of them gave me her number but i never did anything because i suck

  • EdcrabEdcrab Registered User
    edited February 2011
    L|ama wrote: »
    Edcrab wrote: »
    L|ama wrote: »
    Edcrab wrote: »
    L|ama wrote: »
    Edcrab wrote: »
    In that case I think people with asian girl themes and punctuation in their name are one step up from fungus

    those people are so awful

    not quite as bad as people who don't know that vertical bars aren't punctuation though

    Punctuation marks are any symbols that indicate the structure of written language, and that even applies to symbols used mainly for code or mathematics

    You're terrible

    uh excuse me i do not see '|' in any wikipedia articles on punctuation except in reference to sanskrit

    |

    It's in the goddamn punctuation section

    What more could a Wiki pedant want

    nuh uh, it's in the general typography section

    Look to your right

    Now look at the bottom

    Now back to me

    I'm on a L|ama

    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • crwthcrwth IDIOT NEWS Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I get uncomfortable when stuff like that comic happens

    really that is just my fault

    edit: the one about the store thing

  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    i was the #10 no tomato or mayo guy at the uni jimmy johns until i realized hey shouldnt spend $30 a week on fucking sandwiches

  • RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    man why

    why does basic friendliness and a show that they actually destroy your fears of being just another face in the crowd by recognizing and remembering you scare you


    LANGLY

    LANGLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

    Dubh wrote: »
    Rane is the future of ancient greek tradition
  • EdcrabEdcrab Registered User
    edited February 2011
    Raneados wrote: »
    Edcrab wrote: »
    |

    It's in the goddamn punctuation section

    What more could a Wiki pedant want

    um

    isn't that in the general typography section?

    that's not a subsection of Punctuation, I don't think, it's a separate category

    edit wait nope, he's right, thar she blows
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Punctuation

    Between me and L|ama you actually entertained the thought that he'd be in the right

    Low blow, Rane

    Low blow

    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Pooro would you kindly shut the fuck up? You are 100% in the wrong here.

    You're being an asshole to people because they like a show that is mainly aimed at children. Mainly, sure, but not entirely. The creators of the show have said many, many times that while the main demographic is children, they've made a concentrated effort to make it as appealing as possible to people of any age.

    By most accounts the show is clever, funny, well-animated and quite good in general.

    You're acting like you're an arbiter of what people can and can't watch. If people watch this and this and this they should be looked down upon, oh yes! Boo on them for liking this show! What immature simpletons they are.

    You constantly go on and try to convince people that "manchild" is not a derogatory term and that what how do people see this as me insulting them when I use it? and then you go and insult them using other terms forthe exact same thing you called them manchildren for. You are being a dishonest prick here, Pooro. The term "manchild" is derogatory and your ridiculous claims to the contrary are offensive in how shallow and uninspired they are. You might as well beat someone with a hammer and then tell them that you didn't mean to hurt them, what are you talking about hammers aren'fir hitting people they're for hitting nails I don't see how you could believe I wanted to hurt you by repeatedly hitting you with this hmmer which is obviously only meant for nails what the hell, idiot.

    What the fuck is your problem? Does the fact that people outside of the (again) main demographic of MLP like the show hurt or threaten or affect you in any way? If you say yes you are a god damned liar.

    You think it's creepy? You think it's creepy for grown men to talk about how they like a show which (again) by most accounts is clever, funny and well-written and which the creators themselves have said was supposed to appeal to demographics other than the main one? You think it's creepy that people like a show when they're in a smaller demographic the show nonethelss explicitly appeals to despite the fact that it is not the main demographic?

    That's stupid and childish and irrational. If anything, Pooro, your immature, unwarranted gut response to people somehow liking a show the creators meant for them to like proves that you are more of a manchild than most of the show's fans.

    Your arguments hold no water whatsoever and there is no logic to them at all.

    You (or someone else) brought up the Teletubbies. The Teletubbies is aimed at a completely different demographic, it is a completely different show and it was never intended to appeal to any demographic outside of the main one. So this comparison is bullshit.

    I normally like you a lot, Pooro, but you're being an irrational, condescending, immature asshole about this whole affair.

    Sig_link_image.jpg
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    you should eat the sandwich instead

  • crwthcrwth IDIOT NEWS Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    i was #5 no tomato, add mayo

    and then i kinda stopped going to jimmy johns after i moved

  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    wow you people really are writing a lot of words about this huh

  • RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    when i go to subway I always get 2 toasted footlongs with swiss cheese, tuna on after it's been toasted then lettuce cucumbers and green peppers

    maybe the smallest dash of honey mustard up and down



    well not always 2
    someone I get 1 if I'm not that hungry


    woah spex that conversation ended like 3 pages ago
    but yeah I remembered a little while ago that pooro sometimes says things I reaaallly don't agree with, but is generally an okay dude so I'll just let it slide this time and hope he learns his own lesson on this one

    Dubh wrote: »
    Rane is the future of ancient greek tradition
This discussion has been closed.