As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Good Webcomic Thread About Good Webcomics

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Raneados wrote: »
    L|ama wrote: »
    I think an adult person who does not watch my little pony is better than an adult who does, all other things equal

yes

Pretty much where I'm at, yeah.

While idly musing, I've been wondering how many My Little Pony fans have ever had a 70-hour work week.

And sure, I know, there are plenty of other frivolous things that I could apply that exact same line of musing to. Hell, I could apply it to "people who post on internet forums." But that's where my musing is currently going.

Pooro I am super disappointed in you and your judgmental attitude

you, of all people, should not be judging others

when I kidnap nads and make him my gaybride, you will not be invited :(

Why "of all people"

What even

What

aren't you one of the gays?

or am I thinking of Cog

Cog's definitely pretty down with the dudes, but I'm pretty notoriously straight.

Still make out with Nads from time to time, though

Poorochondriac on
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    fyi rane we're on thread 36 of gloss

god

damn

it

Squall on
  • MVikingMViking Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Glorious, Moon over June-less, page 97.

MViking on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYfOhNPKsCY

its ok ill cancel out moj
    Edcrab wrote: »
    In that case I think people with asian girl themes and punctuation in their name are one step up from fungus

those people are so awful

not quite as bad as people who don't know that vertical bars aren't punctuation though

Punctuation marks are any symbols that indicate the structure of written language, and that even applies to symbols used mainly for code or mathematics

You're terrible

uh excuse me i do not see '|' in any wikipedia articles on punctuation except in reference to sanskrit

L|ama on
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    squall i know you're not looking at that at work because you have images turned off!

so i guess to answer your question: i'm lazy?

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
    edited February 2011
    Stilts, you silly goose, I pointed out IN MY EXACT POST that I was making a strawman argument. That whole post was a joke.

I really couldn't have made it any clearer, like, at all.

Really, you picked the absolute worst post, out of a whole CHAIN of my untamed dickery, to use as your example of why people should ignore me.

Poorochondriac on
    edited February 2011
    crwth wrote: »
    rane just thinks everyone is gay

hopes

hopes, dear boy

kiss me rane

make your hopes a reality

(just don't let chico see us oh god)

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Seriously wrote: »
    I was actually kind of surprised Rane got the pony bug

I read him as going the other way

I guess I need to lurk more

the other way and... hating ponies?

how could I hate ponies?

and naw dude, while I do enjoy steaks and lifting weights and huge dinners and shooting the shit out of some guns and yeah once in a while I'll do some muddin' and i looooooove me some alcohol

I also enjoy some ponies, cuddling, romantic walks on beaches, playing with puppies, the gentle play of light on a rose petal, and the subtle sunset in April

I'm not buying any pony toys anytime soon (although that might be partly to do with money? who can say what might be?)

but yeah, I like things that I like and I'm not gonna stop just because people don't like it or because I want to fit any sort of set rules of what I should like

Raneados on
    edited February 2011
    squall i know you're not looking at that at work because you have images turned off!

i got tired of having to disable and reenable that function between work school and home

so thanks a lot :x

Squall on
    edited February 2011
    Squall wrote: »

i got tired of having to disable and reenable that function between work school and home

so thanks a lot :x

np

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

god

damn

it
    What is a gloss? Because the only thing I'm getting Google-wise is a defunct NZ drama, which seems unlikely.

Coinage on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

god

damn

it

see I'm not even up to date on Squall's fucking boulder that' he keeps pushing up that mountain

this is what happens when I go away for a day and change, I forget everything

Raneados on
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    In that case I think people with asian girl themes and punctuation in their name are one step up from fungus

not quite as bad as people who don't know that vertical bars aren't punctuation though

Punctuation marks are any symbols that indicate the structure of written language, and that even applies to symbols used mainly for code or mathematics

You're terrible

uh excuse me i do not see '|' in any wikipedia articles on punctuation except in reference to sanskrit

|

It's in the goddamn punctuation section

What more could a Wiki pedant want

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
    edited February 2011

You're terrible

|

nuh uh, it's in the general typography section

L|ama on
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    squall, are you saying we don't have enough gloss threads?

I'm working on it, but no one else posts

Shabooty on
    edited February 2011

You're terrible

|

um

isn't that in the general typography section?

that's not a subsection of Punctuation, I don't think, it's a separate category

edit wait nope, he's right, thar she blows
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Punctuation

Raneados on
    edited February 2011
    Coinage wrote: »

god

damn

it
    What is a gloss? Because the only thing I'm getting Google-wise is a defunct NZ drama, which seems unlikely.

glossolalia, their play by post rpg

L|ama on
    edited February 2011
    Coinage wrote: »

god

damn

it

glossolalia is a series of play by post rpgs that have been run on SE++ for over two years now

thread is somewhere on the second page right now, cant be buggered to link it

Squall on
    edited February 2011
    justin_gettinglunch.gif

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Stilts, you silly goose, I pointed out IN MY EXACT POST that I was making a strawman argument. That whole post was a joke.

Really, you picked the absolute worst post, out of a whole CHAIN of my untamed dickery, to use as your example of why people should ignore me.

I thought the "My argument: strawman image" meant that the fake quote you were using as an analogy for the My Little Pony defense was a strawman.

I didn't think you were saying the argument you've been carrying on for 8 pages or so was a joke.

Mostly because continuing an argument that you actually think is a joke seems like a really silly thing to do.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
    edited February 2011
    that comic is my greatest fear

Shabooty on
  • MVikingMViking Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Rane describing himself gave me a pretty hilarious mental image. Like that picture of Deadpool brushing a MLP toy.

MViking on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2011
    how sad to become a regular at a store and to be liked by people enough to be recognized and an attempt to be made to be friendly with

wait that's not sad at all

Raneados on
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    Shabooty wrote: »

oh my goodness yes

I have stopped going to bakeries because they started pre-empting my order. Don't they understand, I just want to be anonymous!

tynic on
    edited February 2011
    MViking wrote: »
    Rane describing himself gave me a pretty hilarious mental image. Like that picture of Deadpool brushing a MLP toy.

it sucks that halloween is so far away

Raneados on
    edited February 2011
    Shabooty wrote: »

there was a jimmy johns close to where i used to live that i frequented and i always got the same thing

and a couple of the girls there knew me by name and stuff and one of them gave me her number but i never did anything because i suck

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
    edited February 2011

You're terrible

|

nuh uh, it's in the general typography section

Look to your right

Now look at the bottom

Now back to me

I'm on a L|ama

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
    edited February 2011
    20110217_2626.png

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I get uncomfortable when stuff like that comic happens

really that is just my fault

edit: the one about the store thing

Langly on
    edited February 2011
    i was the #10 no tomato or mayo guy at the uni jimmy johns until i realized hey shouldnt spend $30 a week on fucking sandwiches

Squall on
    edited February 2011
    man why

why does basic friendliness and a show that they actually destroy your fears of being just another face in the crowd by recognizing and remembering you scare you

LANGLY

LANGLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Raneados on
    edited February 2011
    |

um

isn't that in the general typography section?

that's not a subsection of Punctuation, I don't think, it's a separate category

edit wait nope, he's right, thar she blows
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Punctuation

Between me and L|ama you actually entertained the thought that he'd be in the right

Low blow, Rane

Low blow

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Pooro would you kindly shut the fuck up? You are 100% in the wrong here.

You're being an asshole to people because they like a show that is mainly aimed at children. Mainly, sure, but not entirely. The creators of the show have said many, many times that while the main demographic is children, they've made a concentrated effort to make it as appealing as possible to people of any age.

By most accounts the show is clever, funny, well-animated and quite good in general.

You're acting like you're an arbiter of what people can and can't watch. If people watch this and this and this they should be looked down upon, oh yes! Boo on them for liking this show! What immature simpletons they are.

You constantly go on and try to convince people that "manchild" is not a derogatory term and that what how do people see this as me insulting them when I use it? and then you go and insult them using other terms forthe exact same thing you called them manchildren for. You are being a dishonest prick here, Pooro. The term "manchild" is derogatory and your ridiculous claims to the contrary are offensive in how shallow and uninspired they are. You might as well beat someone with a hammer and then tell them that you didn't mean to hurt them, what are you talking about hammers aren'fir hitting people they're for hitting nails I don't see how you could believe I wanted to hurt you by repeatedly hitting you with this hmmer which is obviously only meant for nails what the hell, idiot.

What the fuck is your problem? Does the fact that people outside of the (again) main demographic of MLP like the show hurt or threaten or affect you in any way? If you say yes you are a god damned liar.

You think it's creepy? You think it's creepy for grown men to talk about how they like a show which (again) by most accounts is clever, funny and well-written and which the creators themselves have said was supposed to appeal to demographics other than the main one? You think it's creepy that people like a show when they're in a smaller demographic the show nonethelss explicitly appeals to despite the fact that it is not the main demographic?

That's stupid and childish and irrational. If anything, Pooro, your immature, unwarranted gut response to people somehow liking a show the creators meant for them to like proves that you are more of a manchild than most of the show's fans.

Your arguments hold no water whatsoever and there is no logic to them at all.

You (or someone else) brought up the Teletubbies. The Teletubbies is aimed at a completely different demographic, it is a completely different show and it was never intended to appeal to any demographic outside of the main one. So this comparison is bullshit.

I normally like you a lot, Pooro, but you're being an irrational, condescending, immature asshole about this whole affair.

Spectre-x on
    edited February 2011
    you should eat the sandwich instead

Shabooty on
    edited February 2011
    i was #5 no tomato, add mayo

and then i kinda stopped going to jimmy johns after i moved

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
    edited February 2011
    wow you people really are writing a lot of words about this huh

L|ama on
    edited February 2011
    when i go to subway I always get 2 toasted footlongs with swiss cheese, tuna on after it's been toasted then lettuce cucumbers and green peppers

maybe the smallest dash of honey mustard up and down

well not always 2
    someone I get 1 if I'm not that hungry

woah spex that conversation ended like 3 pages ago
    but yeah I remembered a little while ago that pooro sometimes says things I reaaallly don't agree with, but is generally an okay dude so I'll just let it slide this time and hope he learns his own lesson on this one

Raneados on
    edited February 2011
    Stilts wrote: »

I thought the "My argument: strawman image" meant that the fake quote you were using as an analogy for the My Little Pony defense was a strawman.

I didn't think you were saying the argument you've been carrying on for 8 pages or so was a joke.

Mostly because continuing an argument that you actually think is a joke seems like a really silly thing to do.

I didn't say my arguments were, I said that POST was. POST. POST.

Hell, I just bolded it for you, in the post you quoted, for clarity.

Holy hell is your reading comprehension garbage.

Just, like, insanely terrible.

Poorochondriac on
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    justin_gettinglunch.gif

the oddest neurosis

what makes it worse is that you know it is so odd but it doesn't matter

Seriously on
  • B_RB_R Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The worst thing is the sign of recognition in their eyes.

They don't even have to say anything.

B_R on
This discussion has been closed.