Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The Good Webcomic Thread About Good Webcomics

15859606264

Posts

  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Stilts wrote: »
    Stilts, you silly goose, I pointed out IN MY EXACT POST that I was making a strawman argument. That whole post was a joke.

    I really couldn't have made it any clearer, like, at all.

    Really, you picked the absolute worst post, out of a whole CHAIN of my untamed dickery, to use as your example of why people should ignore me.

    I thought the "My argument: strawman image" meant that the fake quote you were using as an analogy for the My Little Pony defense was a strawman.

    I didn't think you were saying the argument you've been carrying on for 8 pages or so was a joke.

    Mostly because continuing an argument that you actually think is a joke seems like a really silly thing to do.

    I didn't say my arguments were, I said that POST was. POST. POST.

    Hell, I just bolded it for you, in the post you quoted, for clarity.

    Holy hell is your reading comprehension garbage.

    Just, like, insanely terrible.

  • SeriouslySeriously ˈpɛrɪ ˌdɒt Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    crwth wrote: »
    justin_gettinglunch.gif

    the oddest neurosis


    what makes it worse is that you know it is so odd but it doesn't matter

    iq16sKi.png
  • B_RB_R Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The worst thing is the sign of recognition in their eyes.

    They don't even have to say anything.

  • MVikingMViking Registered User
    edited February 2011
    I'm with Rane on this. If there's anyone you should want to be on friendlier terms with its someone who handles your food and drink.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Edcrab wrote: »
    Raneados wrote: »
    Edcrab wrote: »
    |

    It's in the goddamn punctuation section

    What more could a Wiki pedant want

    um

    isn't that in the general typography section?

    that's not a subsection of Punctuation, I don't think, it's a separate category

    edit wait nope, he's right, thar she blows
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Punctuation

    Between me and L|ama you actually entertained the thought that he'd be in the right

    Low blow, Rane

    Low blow

    well!

    for a second it seemed he would be!
    this is clearly wikipedia's fault for having weird tables and
    stuff

    I made a vow last forumer opinion thingy to not automatically side against llama, as that's not okay
    treating him better everyday
    and in turn, being ultimately happier

    Dubh wrote: »
    Rane is the future of ancient greek tradition
  • crwthcrwth IDIOT NEWS Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    i dunno i liked being a regular

    those girls were nice

    it was like i was norm on cheers!

  • EdcrabEdcrab Registered User
    edited February 2011
    Wow, I'm socially inept but honestly that bakery thing is completely alien to me

    I freaking love being a regular at places, there're so many perks

    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Seriously wrote: »
    crwth wrote: »

    the oddest neurosis


    what makes it worse is that you know it is so odd but it doesn't matter

    When I was in elementary school, there was one day where the cafeteria always served Chick-Fil-A. I always bought lunch on that day. Eventually, all the lunch lady needed to do was see me walk towards her and she'd be getting the chicken sandwich for me.

    I thought that was pretty neat.

  • edited February 2011
    So much tomato hate here

    Tomatoes are super healthy and delicious

    Even if you are outside the core demographic

  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Raneados wrote: »
    man why

    why does basic friendliness and a show that they actually destroy your fears of being just another face in the crowd by recognizing and remembering you scare you


    LANGLY

    LANGLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

    I'm not saying it's normal! It is an anxiety! I don't know!

  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I don't mind that happening at stores at all. It's only mildly problematic if I ever want something other than the usual. Developing a rapport with the people at the wok place I frequent has led only to good things, like them telling me about a discount card I now use for occasional free meals and maybe even to win fabulous prizes in the future!

    I did find it awkward and uncomfortable when the guy selling the homeless news near the tram station started to get the impression that we were sorta buddies because I was always friendly and polite, so he started inviting me to his place. I haven't encountered him for a few months, though, so it's not really a problem anymore.

    Sig_link_image.jpg
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    Raneados wrote: »
    man why

    why does basic friendliness and a show that they actually destroy your fears of being just another face in the crowd by recognizing and remembering you scare you


    LANGLY

    LANGLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

    I'm not langly, but I'm going to answer. I have a phobia about people knowing what I do/eat/look at. I also won't browse a bookshelf in a bookstore or library if someone else is nearby, for example - in fact, I used to steal books from my school library (and return them a week later) because I didn't want the person behind the desk seeing what I was reading

    ... holy shit this isn't normal. I'm a freak!
    langly will you be freak buddies with me?

  • MVikingMViking Registered User
    edited February 2011
    Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your naaaaame.

    And sometimes you are a socially awkward penguin.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    okay wobblybcommunistrickshaws

    I am going to bed

    remember that I love all of you and I shall watch your progress with a glimmer of pride in my eye and a silent tear running down my cheek

    Dubh wrote: »
    Rane is the future of ancient greek tradition
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    snip.

    In response to alllllllllllll this: there's a reason I didn't go into the MLP thread and voice my opinions. I ain't gonna change any minds. But when it came up here, in another thread, I spoke out in my typical, caustic way. Because shit, I can have an opinion about something and its fans. I think people who obsess about MLP are creepy manchildren, and I think people who like Dane Cook are barely-literate mouthbreathers, and I think people who like Larry the Cableguy are all closet racists. They're all generalizations, gut feelings, and, here's the key, my opinion of them. Of course I state my opinions as fact - everyone on this fucking forum does. When called upon to justify my viewpoint, I did so vehemently. Which is, again, the SE++ way.
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    What the fuck is your problem? Does the fact that people outside of the (again) main demographic of MLP like the show hurt or threaten or affect you in any way? If you say yes you are a god damned liar.

    Does it hurt or threaten? No. Does it affect? Well, yeah, sure. The same way seeing a Dane Cook or Larry the Cable Guy avatar would - I get irritated. And I usually keep it to myself, and let it out in one off-topic rant that turned into a Whole Fucking Thing.

    But jesus, that whole screed you wrote makes it sound like I stabbed your fucking kid or something

  • edited February 2011
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    I did find it awkward and uncomfortable when the guy selling the homeless news near the tram station started to get the impression that we were sorta buddies because I was always friendly and polite, so he started inviting me to his place.
    :?:

  • RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    tynic wrote: »
    Raneados wrote: »
    man why

    why does basic friendliness and a show that they actually destroy your fears of being just another face in the crowd by recognizing and remembering you scare you


    LANGLY

    LANGLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

    I'm not langly, but I'm going to answer. I have a phobia about people knowing what I do/eat/look at. I also won't browse a bookshelf in a bookstore or library if someone else is nearby, for example - in fact, I used to steal books from my school library (and return them a week later) because I didn't want the person behind the desk seeing what I was reading

    ... holy shit this isn't normal. I'm a freak!
    langly will you be freak buddies with me?

    eh

    pretty weird but man everyone's got their stuff

    and it makes for a good, endearing story

    Dubh wrote: »
    Rane is the future of ancient greek tradition
  • SeriouslySeriously ˈpɛrɪ ˌdɒt Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I mean

    obviously you don't let it affect your behavior and in most instances it is quite nice that a sort of rapport is built.

    But it doesn't change that inexplicable feeling of being caught.


    It's weird to be crazy sometimes

    iq16sKi.png
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    tynic wrote: »
    Raneados wrote: »
    man why

    why does basic friendliness and a show that they actually destroy your fears of being just another face in the crowd by recognizing and remembering you scare you


    LANGLY

    LANGLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

    I'm not langly, but I'm going to answer. I have a phobia about people knowing what I do/eat/look at. I also won't browse a bookshelf in a bookstore or library if someone else is nearby, for example - in fact, I used to steal books from my school library (and return them a week later) because I didn't want the person behind the desk seeing what I was reading

    ... holy shit this isn't normal. I'm a freak!
    langly will you be freak buddies with me?

    yes definitely.

    I think the weirdest part is that I'm a pretty social person, I would say that I do well in social encounters.

    But for some reason anonymity in all of the realms you listed is really important to me. It's like the weirdest mix.

  • FencingsaxFencingsax Bondage Discipline Spider-Man Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Raneados wrote: »
    L|ama wrote: »
    I think an adult person who does not watch my little pony is better than an adult who does, all other things equal

    yes

    Pretty much where I'm at, yeah.

    While idly musing, I've been wondering how many My Little Pony fans have ever had a 70-hour work week.

    And sure, I know, there are plenty of other frivolous things that I could apply that exact same line of musing to. Hell, I could apply it to "people who post on internet forums." But that's where my musing is currently going.

    Pooro I am super disappointed in you and your judgmental attitude

    you, of all people, should not be judging others

    when I kidnap nads and make him my gaybride, you will not be invited :(

    Why "of all people"

    What even

    What

    I'm sorry this is awhile ago, but all I can think of is M.

    As in Mancy.

    Edit: Wow, that's like 2 pages ago.

    It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it
  • crwthcrwth IDIOT NEWS Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Raneados wrote: »
    tynic wrote: »
    Raneados wrote: »
    man why

    why does basic friendliness and a show that they actually destroy your fears of being just another face in the crowd by recognizing and remembering you scare you


    LANGLY

    LANGLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

    I'm not langly, but I'm going to answer. I have a phobia about people knowing what I do/eat/look at. I also won't browse a bookshelf in a bookstore or library if someone else is nearby, for example - in fact, I used to steal books from my school library (and return them a week later) because I didn't want the person behind the desk seeing what I was reading

    ... holy shit this isn't normal. I'm a freak!
    langly will you be freak buddies with me?

    eh

    pretty weird but man everyone's got their stuff

    and it makes for a good, endearing story

    Exactly.

    I mean, what am I going to tell future generations?

    "I was...uh...pretty nerdy and nervous around girls for most of high school. Oh, and also I fell off a horse once."

    EXCITING!

  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
  • EdcrabEdcrab Registered User
    edited February 2011
    Langly wrote: »
    tynic wrote: »
    Raneados wrote: »
    man why

    why does basic friendliness and a show that they actually destroy your fears of being just another face in the crowd by recognizing and remembering you scare you


    LANGLY

    LANGLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

    I'm not langly, but I'm going to answer. I have a phobia about people knowing what I do/eat/look at. I also won't browse a bookshelf in a bookstore or library if someone else is nearby, for example - in fact, I used to steal books from my school library (and return them a week later) because I didn't want the person behind the desk seeing what I was reading

    ... holy shit this isn't normal. I'm a freak!
    langly will you be freak buddies with me?

    yes definitely.

    I think the weirdest part is that I'm a pretty social person, I would say that I do well in social encounters.

    But for some reason anonymity in all of the realms you listed is really important to me. It's like the weirdest mix.

    Well, I guess I can sort of relate to that

    I don't like eating alone at a fast food place or whatever unless I'm facing a wall or something.

    I can never shake the feeling that someone's watching me

    Maybe we have a primal scavenger brain, subconsciously convinced someone's gonna nick our food at any moment

    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    mmm i don't think i like lefthandedtooons very much

    we'll see


    edit: argh see langly now we can't be friends any more

    Dubh wrote: »
    Rane is the future of ancient greek tradition
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    Langly wrote: »
    I think the weirdest part is that I'm a pretty social person, I would say that I do well in social encounters.

    But for some reason anonymity in all of the realms you listed is really important to me. It's like the weirdest mix.

    langly ... are you me?
    I'm ridiculously social, just ask NaS.

  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Goodbye Raneados

    We love you

  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    even though it is a fact that left handed people are freaks of nature.

    Rane maybe you should get off your judge judy throne! What, are you going to make fun of people who like a show about colorful ponies next?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

  • crwthcrwth IDIOT NEWS Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    langly will you be my friend

  • EdcrabEdcrab Registered User
    edited February 2011
    Langly wrote: »
    even though it is a fact that left handed people are freaks of nature.

    Hey, my sister is left handed!

    ...so yes

    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    snip.

    In response to alllllllllllll this: there's a reason I didn't go into the MLP thread and voice my opinions. I ain't gonna change any minds. But when it came up here, in another thread, I spoke out in my typical, caustic way. Because shit, I can have an opinion about something and its fans. I think people who obsess about MLP are creepy manchildren, and I think people who like Dane Cook are barely-literate mouthbreathers, and I think people who like Larry the Cableguy are all closet racists. They're all generalizations, gut feelings, and, here's the key, my opinion of them. Of course I state my opinions as fact - everyone on this fucking forum does. When called upon to justify my viewpoint, I did so vehemently. Which is, again, the SE++ way.
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    What the fuck is your problem? Does the fact that people outside of the (again) main demographic of MLP like the show hurt or threaten or affect you in any way? If you say yes you are a god damned liar.

    Does it hurt or threaten? No. Does it affect? Well, yeah, sure. The same way seeing a Dane Cook or Larry the Cable Guy avatar would - I get irritated. And I usually keep it to myself, and let it out in one off-topic rant that turned into a Whole Fucking Thing.

    But jesus, that whole screed you wrote makes it sound like I stabbed your fucking kid or something

    And I suppose I can see how it would affect you, yeah. And it's fine that you justified your viewpoint. It is indeed the SE++ way. I'm just saying that your justification and your viewpoint are retarded and also complete bullshit. Also the SE++ way.

    But don't worry about the intensity of my response. I'm just very good at flying off the handle.

    Sig_link_image.jpg
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Crwth I will be your friend, yes.

  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Edcrab wrote: »
    Langly wrote: »
    even though it is a fact that left handed people are freaks of nature.

    Hey, my sister is left handed!

    ...so yes

    My sister is also left handed

    Ed do you have a twin brother?

    Are you fifteen?

    Do you love Batman?

    If so you may be my little brother.

  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Opium wrote: »
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    I did find it awkward and uncomfortable when the guy selling the homeless news near the tram station started to get the impression that we were sorta buddies because I was always friendly and polite, so he started inviting me to his place.
    :?:

    He sells those magazines that down-on-their-luck people sell. Mostly homeless people trying to make some money to get by and such. He himself is not actually totally homeless. I think he lives in a tiny, cheap appartment intended for people who would otherwise not be able to afford a home. Kind of like a shelter thingy, I suspect.

    I don't know the specifics, I've never taken him up on his offer.

    Sig_link_image.jpg
  • EdcrabEdcrab Registered User
    edited February 2011
    Solar wrote: »
    My sister is also left handed

    Ed do you have a twin brother?

    Are you fifteen?

    Do you love Batman?

    If so you may be my little brother.

    God damn it

    Every time I meet a nice dragon, it's the same thing

    "You're like a brother to me!"

    God damn it

    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    that post ed, that post is why I love you.

  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    snip.

    In response to alllllllllllll this: there's a reason I didn't go into the MLP thread and voice my opinions. I ain't gonna change any minds. But when it came up here, in another thread, I spoke out in my typical, caustic way. Because shit, I can have an opinion about something and its fans. I think people who obsess about MLP are creepy manchildren, and I think people who like Dane Cook are barely-literate mouthbreathers, and I think people who like Larry the Cableguy are all closet racists. They're all generalizations, gut feelings, and, here's the key, my opinion of them. Of course I state my opinions as fact - everyone on this fucking forum does. When called upon to justify my viewpoint, I did so vehemently. Which is, again, the SE++ way.
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    What the fuck is your problem? Does the fact that people outside of the (again) main demographic of MLP like the show hurt or threaten or affect you in any way? If you say yes you are a god damned liar.

    Does it hurt or threaten? No. Does it affect? Well, yeah, sure. The same way seeing a Dane Cook or Larry the Cable Guy avatar would - I get irritated. And I usually keep it to myself, and let it out in one off-topic rant that turned into a Whole Fucking Thing.

    But jesus, that whole screed you wrote makes it sound like I stabbed your fucking kid or something

    And I suppose I can see how it would affect you, yeah. And it's fine that you justified your viewpoint. It is indeed the SE++ way. I'm just saying that your justification and your viewpoint are retarded and also complete bullshit. Also the SE++ way.

    But don't worry about the intensity of my response. I'm just very good at flying off the handle.

    Your face is retarded and complete bullshit.

  • risumonrisumon Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Raneados wrote: »
    when i go to subway I always get 2 toasted footlongs with swiss cheese, tuna on after it's been toasted then lettuce cucumbers and green peppers

    maybe the smallest dash of honey mustard up and down



    well not always 2
    someone I get 1 if I'm not that hungry

    I want your metabolism so bad.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SeriouslySeriously ˈpɛrɪ ˌdɒt Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Looks like the power of friendship triumphs after all!

    S P A R K L E S !

    iq16sKi.png
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    stilts, tell me about

    falling off a horse

This discussion has been closed.