As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Moon Over [chat]

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    dangit MrMr I expect you to sell your body so you can afford random trips to see me!

So It Goes on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Organichu wrote: »
    i hate- in mathematics- when i can detect a pattern and can verbalize the pattern

but don't know of any sort of mathematical notation by which i could define the formula

Don't worry, there are plenty of people who can remember all these formulaic relationships and define the hell out of problems but can never seem to relate problems to reality or suggest methods for solution. Everyone is terrible in their own way.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Pony wrote: »
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    i actually have an extremely negative and harsh viewpoint of Batman

i mean, he's a fascinating character in many different mediums

but i would not say i like batman, or looked up to him as a kid

when i was a kid, i liked and admired super-heroes like superman and captain america and cyclops and spider-man

dudes like batman, wolverine, the punisher, etc. were never really my thing. i read their books a bit, because they make compelling characters, but they're such awful people

basically guys like batman are why i am glad super-heroes don't exist for real

the whole thing of Batman being an unpleasant broody psycho has been turning around now for a while, both on TV (Brave and the Bold) and in the comics.

you know even if you move away from that

you still have a guy whose super-power is being an ultra-rich polymath genius and master athlete

who chooses not to become a police officer or work with any kind of legal or investigative system because he's too paranoid about corruption and fuck-ups that he's gotta work alone.

There was a nice Alex Ross one-off that turns this on its head. There were also ones for Superman, Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman.

It was basically Mister Ross saying "You superheroes want to make the world a better place? Here's how you do it."

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    MrMister wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    MrMr why the fuck weren't you in NYC

because broke

also: "Through actions such as robberies, and other crimes, Jesse James violated several tenants of the established social contract. Consequently, he was killed by Robert Ford. This shows violating the social contract is in fact illogical."

Breaking the law inevitably leads to death.
    Breaking the law is obvious suicide.
    Logically, everyone wants to be alive.
    People breaking the law are illogical.

IT'S AIRTIGHT! Print that shit, hand it in. Let's go get wasted!

"through actions such as robberies, and other crimes"
    where do they get this stuff?

also yes, argument from single case is, well, yeah.

MrMister on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm really enjoying the new webcomic Ratfist. It's by the guy who did Earthworm Jim.

http://ratfist.com/

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    evilbob wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    evilbob wrote: »
    oh man it sure is awesome being ugly and unloved. never have to worry about anyone wanting to meet you.
    Extra hours in the day, my friend. All those people in relationships wish they had time to play WoW, masturbate, and weep softly into a pillow each and every night.

Hate WoW, there's not much point, I prefer to just lie hoping I never wake up.

look i know you're short on pills but you don't have to dive headfirst into the doomspiral D:

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This is the second time I've watched this episode of Diners Drive-Ins and Dives this weekend.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    i hate- in mathematics- when i can detect a pattern and can verbalize the pattern

but don't know of any sort of mathematical notation by which i could define the formula

Don't worry, there are plenty of people who can remember all these formulaic relationships and define the hell out of problems but can never seem to relate problems to reality or suggest methods for solution. Everyone is terrible in their own way.

Or as Michael Douglas in Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps would say "Everyone's a mixed bag"

GOD WHY DID I PLUG MY HEADPHONES IN WHY

So It Goes on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I changed my OKCupid profile page to me swimming in a pool of money

of course I don't have an OKCupid page. next you'll be asking me to go raiding in WoW jesus

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    dangit MrMr I expect you to sell your body so you can afford random trips to see me!

no one's buying :(

MrMister on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    This is the second time I've watched this episode of Diners Drive-Ins and Dives this weekend.

what are you doing

turn that off

So It Goes on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

I am formulating a solution to this problem here...

So It Goes on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Well if you can't change the demand maybe you could try lowering the supply

fatty

Bama on
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Podly wrote: »
    I changed my OKCupid profile page to me swimming in a pool of money

of course I don't have an OKCupid page. next you'll be asking me to go raiding in WoW jesus

BH is fun Podly. Don't worry, even a beginner can do it.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm really enjoying the new webcomic Ratfist. It's by the guy who did Earthworm Jim.

Is there any reason I should trust you ever in the area of webcomics considering the [chat] we find ourselves in?

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

Or as Michael Douglas in Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps would say "Everyone's a mixed bag"

GOD WHY DID I PLUG MY HEADPHONES IN WHY

I watched Cheaper By The Dozen 2 two and a half times on a flight

being in that situation makes any movie more tolerable

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    would changing my main OKC pic to me giving someone an arm bar (the photo is artfully cropped and no i'm not doing the orgasm face) be ok

or is it straight up supposed to be LET ME SEE WHAT U LOOK LIKE DOGG

Organichu on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    8ukuw.png

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Jacob, why did I get stuck with a bunch of players who take dress codes literally? What did I do to deserve this?

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Kagera wrote: »

Is there any reason I should trust you ever in the area of webcomics considering the [chat] we find ourselves in?

well, earthworm jim is a reason

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    would changing my main OKC pic to me giving someone an arm bar (the photo is artfully cropped and no i'm not doing the orgasm face) be ok

I dunno it should show what you look like but also be interesting so people click on it to see more

if you can include some boobs that might help, everyone loves boobs

So It Goes on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Depends...

Is your profile still the one of a gun being held to your head and you weeping, cursing the fates that brought it all to end like this?

wazilla on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    i guess i'm not comfortable enough with how i look for it to make sense to me to have a candid, no-joke-no-activity shot as my main pic

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

it automatically changes your sexual orientation to

"interested" in "women"

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited February 2011

I dunno it should show what you look like but also be interesting so people click on it to see more

if you can include some boobs that might help, everyone loves boobs

i can PS some boobs in there

on that note

what is your OKC name

Organichu on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    M&M took up hours of my night just going through that fucking players handbook shit

There is too much. I found myself drowning in a sea of character possibilities.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    evilbob is just doing what all us depressies do when we aren't on our meds for a few days. It's not really a doomspiral unless bob starts actively trying to something bad. Let's just hope a refill is coming soon!

Kagera on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

If it looks interesting thumbnailed and isn't just some indistinct blur that isn't a face then I say go for it. I say this as someone who had no success on OKC, though, so maybe you should just delete the damn thing, go to the bathroom, take off your shirt, and photograph yourself in the mirror.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    so the guy with the funniest profile of this latest round and a LOTR reference that I liked is 5'9"

what is the deal

So It Goes on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Variable wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »

well, earthworm jim is a reason

You have reason.

Kagera on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    organichu's band is called "chu and the boobs"

dude is always reppin' breasts

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    so the guy with the funniest profile of this latest round and a LOTR reference that I liked is 5'9"

what is the deal

well, we know why he likes hobbits

Organichu on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    M&M took up hours of my night just going through that fucking players handbook shit

There is too much. I found myself drowning in a sea of character possibilities.

Do you have the Ultimate Power book?

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Bama wrote: »

If it looks interesting thumbnailed and isn't just some indistinct blur that isn't a face then I say go for it. I say this as someone who had no success on OKC, though, so maybe you should just delete the damn thing, go to the bathroom, take off your shirt, and photograph yourself in the mirror.

if they had voice recordings on there you would have been golden

So It Goes on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    mr² is the opposite of fat, but that's OK, he can be sack of bones buddies with Leitner and me.

Good morning [chat]. Ima go to a proper chiropractor, temp agencies, vidjagames shop, buy cigars for my pa and uh I guess maybe some other stuff. Idk

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

what is the deal

I guess we try harder

wazilla on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    MrMr why the fuck weren't you in NYC

because broke

also: "Through actions such as robberies, and other crimes, Jesse James violated several tenants of the established social contract. Consequently, he was killed by Robert Ford. This shows violating the social contract is in fact illogical."

Breaking the law inevitably leads to death.
    Breaking the law is obvious suicide.
    Logically, everyone wants to be alive.
    People breaking the law are illogical.

IT'S AIRTIGHT! Print that shit, hand it in. Let's go get wasted!

"through actions such as robberies, and other crimes"
    where do they get this stuff?

also yes, argument from single case is, well, yeah.

You know how kids have an idiosyncratic way of speaking as they learn to talk? eg. "Pick me up" -> "Pick me down"

This is the same phenomenon, but with academic writing. They see these constructs all the time and they look so fancy and impressive! They are just filling them in like madlibs while they get a feel for the style.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    edited February 2011

what is the deal

NEED SOME HELP GETTING THE CEREAL OFF THE FRIDGE BRAH?

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    i guess i'm not comfortable enough with how i look for it to make sense to me to have a candid, no-joke-no-activity shot as my main pic

you look fine, dude. seriously. get a picture of you having fun and the rest will take care of itself.

or try riding a horse, I guess it has worked wonders for winky.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I've been off my meds for about 6 weeks now* and I haven't hit a mood crash yet. I'm tired as all fuck, though.

*holy fuck I need to do something about this

Bama on
This discussion has been closed.