As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Make my ass look good (not really)

Canada_jezusCanada_jezus Registered User regular
edited February 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey,

the last few pairs of jeans i bought were not sturdy at all and have been crapping out on me. Since i don't like spending that much on clothes i figured i'd ask here, if anyone knew any store or brand of jeans known for lasting really long. Like my colleague right now is wearing jeans she bought in he 70s so. I'd like to get me some of that.

So, durable jeans that last really long (or do they not make those anymore?) cost isn't *really* a factor, obviously i'd rather pay 40 or 50 than 100 but eh.

Two complicating factors: I'm on continental europe so US only brands are out i guess (unless they're super great then i'll order online). Also some jeans, mostly the ones that get sandblasted i guess, have some terrible factory conditions, 46 deaths in turkey in the last year, so, none of that. But i'll check that out myself obviously.

Canada_jezus on

• Options
    Maxim TomatoMaxim Tomato Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    If you want inexpensive and durable, get some unwashed levis. If you're a fellow denim geek and don't mind spending a lot on your jeans, look into Iron Heart, Flat Head, Samurai, Skull, Sugar Cane and the like. I don't think this is what you're looking for, however.

Maxim Tomato on
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Levis are ridiculously expensive in Europe.

V1m on
  • Options
    Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I wear Lucky Brand, and they tend to last a good long time. I don't know about 30+ years though.

they are a bit pricey (50-80) but they are also the only jeans that fit my thunder thighs.

Dr. Frenchenstein on
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I've got levis that have lasted probably around 6 or 7 years.

You might try getting some Carhart work jeans, though I don't know if you can there.

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Don't think you're going to find a pair of jeans that is going to last you 40 years. If your co-worker is telling the truth, then she probably doesn't wear them all that often. Any jean is going to wear out if you wear them often.

And spending $40 on a pair of jeans is fine, but you'll get what you pay for. A pair of Levis that costs $80 isn't a rip-off.

I don't know what it's like across the pond, but if Levis are overpriced there, are there the equivelent of "factory outlet malls?" There are Levis outlets here in Canada that have great deals.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment