As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Starcraft 2: Announcing National Announcement Service, Ltd

1555657585961»

• SeguerSeguer of the Void Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Mini Lobby on NA!

Not streaming it. We'll probably not be going too long due to Code A starting so soon!

Seguer on
  • EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I don't think there needs to be such a drastic change imo. Even Idra's proposed changes weren't as big as changing force fields like that. I honestly think speeding up colossus attack rate and lowering their damage along with maybe a small hp nerf will be more than enough. Even with the same dps, faster attacks means armor helps more and attack upgrades scale less, along with less front-loaded damage and ability to be microed away.

What's wrong with banelings? That they're so binary?

I actually really like force fields, there's so much shit you can do with them. Now, whether that shit is actually balanceable, I'm not sure, but the idea is awesome.

Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
  • peacekeeperpeacekeeper AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    also instead of mules upgrading to orbital command should allow you to buy emergency scvs at normal cost but it takes 25 energy for each

haypro has good maps tonight too, although scrap station a bit iffy

peacekeeper on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    yeah I said that backwards, weaker attack

I like force field and I think looking to get rid of that goes too far

also I don't think a small dmg decrease means you need to buff gate units

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Predictions:
    ST.Virus < Shakuras Plateau > FOXMoon
    ST.Virus < Crevasse > FOXMoon
    ST.Virus < Xel'Naga Caverns > FOXMoon

GanZi < Scrap Station > Liquid`Haypro
    GanZi < Terminus RE > Liquid`Haypro

ZeNEXCoCa < Metalopolis > ST.Ace
    ZeNEXCoCa < Scrap Station > ST.Ace
    ZeNEXCoCa < Crevasse > ST.Ace

SlayerSYuGiOh < Xel'Naga Caverns > LeenockfOu
    SlayerSYuGiOh < Crossfire SE > LeenockfOu

Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
  • EzekielEzekiel Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, why exactly would gateway need to be buffed if collosi werent so goddamn ridonkulous? They're pretty damn strong already...especially with FF.

Ezekiel on
    428475-1.png
    I will throw you on the land and hurl you on the open field. I will let all the birds of the air settle on you and all the beasts of the earth gorge themselves on you. I will spread your flesh on the mountains and fill the valleys with your remains. I will drench the land with your flowing blood all the way to the mountains, and the ravines will be filled with your flesh. - Ezekiel 32: 4-6
    edited February 2011
    Hydras would literally rape toss. Toss has no reasonable response to hydras except colossi and storm, making colossi significantly weaker will give every zerg a huge timing window to hit before that critical mass of colossi is reached or when storms come out.

Not to mention, the terran bioball would become an absolute joke. Marowders. Marowders everywhere.

Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I was typing up a post about how much corruptors suck against colossi.

But then hahahah, pigtails.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah that has happened to colo already in beta. They did 23 (x2) at one point, one shotting marines without shield or scvs. Then they pushed them down to 20 per, still one shotting zerg / protoss workers (I think both lances hit at exactly the same time). Then they pushed it down to what it is now and buffed the speed.

As it stands they don't collide with ground units or other colossi do they? Perhaps making it more difficult for them to stack directly on top of each other in such a tight pack could also be a solution.

stimtokolos on
  • Walrus von ZeppelinWalrus von Zeppelin Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    GSL is on. Audio and video is not syched for me at all. :/

Walrus von Zeppelin on
    edited February 2011
    kedinik wrote: »

Best part? The proposed nerf. Sometimes I wonder, Blizzard...

Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
    edited February 2011
    i just dont like ff its not a balance thing, it makes battle dumb i want the winner of a battle to be the better microerer ala bw

but tanks dont care if you put a ff between them so ner

peacekeeper on
    edited February 2011
    Euphemon wrote: »

Best part? The proposed nerf. Sometimes I wonder, Blizzard...

Well I mean, corruptors can't be decent against VR's unless they become even worse against colossi. Obviously!

kedinik on
  • tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    "Borrowed banelings" made my pedant glands try to squeeze my brain to death.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • EzekielEzekiel Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah that has happened to colo already in beta. They did 23 (x2) at one point, one shotting marines without shield or scvs. Then they pushed them down to 20 per, still one shotting zerg / protoss workers (I think both lances hit at exactly the same time). Then they pushed it down to what it is now and buffed the speed.

As it stands they don't collide with ground units or other colossi do they? Perhaps making it more difficult for them to stack directly on top of each other in such a tight pack could also be a solution.

Collosi are the single most frustrating thing about this entire game to me. If the leaked notes are true, then ZvP is going to become a total nightmare. More than it is already for me.

Ezekiel on
    428475-1.png
    I will throw you on the land and hurl you on the open field. I will let all the birds of the air settle on you and all the beasts of the earth gorge themselves on you. I will spread your flesh on the mountains and fill the valleys with your remains. I will drench the land with your flowing blood all the way to the mountains, and the ravines will be filled with your flesh. - Ezekiel 32: 4-6
    edited February 2011
    Moon showing his epic war3 micro again.

:(

Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
  • His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm gonna wait until someone more reputable than Naniwa leaks the same notes before I believe them.

His Corkiness on
    edited February 2011
    incontrol streaming

said something about nasl staff playing each other

peacekeeper on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hydras would literally rape toss. Toss has no reasonable response to hydras except colossi and storm, making colossi significantly weaker will give every zerg a huge timing window to hit before that critical mass of colossi is reached or when storms come out.

Not to mention, the terran bioball would become an absolute joke. Marowders. Marowders everywhere.

well I guess we could debate what constitutes 'significantly weaker'

but I really don't think anyone here means 'so weak they don't destroy hydras'

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Moon's getting Burrow and Banelings!

His Corkiness on
    edited February 2011
    Ah Kelly noooooooooo.

Really, normally her analysis is passable, but recommending that Moon saturates 5 full bases.

See, then you have 50 supply worth of army.

kedinik on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I really don't like that the NASL is not broadcast live.

I know its still casted live, but its just not the same.

Going to quote someone from teamliquid because they said exactly what I feel better than I ever could
    When something is truely live, the outcome is unknown and we in our silly human nature feel a connection to events as they unfold, as the future is still yet to be created before our eyes, anything can happen. You watch a VOD and the future becomes the past, the outcome is set in stone, there is a fatalistic mental state that actually does change the way we perceive recorded events compared to live ones.

Dhalphir on
    edited February 2011
    That was a damn good flank by Moon.

kedinik on
    edited February 2011
    Variable wrote: »

well I guess we could debate what constitutes 'significantly weaker'

but I really don't think anyone here means 'so weak they don't destroy hydras'
    Ezekiel wrote: »
    Yeah, why exactly would gateway need to be buffed if collosi werent so goddamn ridonkulous? They're pretty damn strong already...especially with FF.

I know that he probably doesn't mean that colossi should be nerfed until they don't destroy hydras, but that's the rationale behind making them the ridiculous units that they are.

Moon playing pretty well here. I knew I should have just predicted scores, not maps :(

MOON FINALLY HITS THE MINES

Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
  • stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ah Kelly noooooooooo.

Really, normally her analysis is passable, but recommending that Moon saturates 5 full bases.

See, then you have 50 supply worth of army.

Pretend she was only talking about gas.

stimtokolos on
  • SeguerSeguer of the Void Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Seguer on
  • Walrus von ZeppelinWalrus von Zeppelin Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Dhalphir wrote: »

Going to quote someone from teamliquid because they said exactly what I feel better than I ever could
    When something is truely live, the outcome is unknown and we in our silly human nature feel a connection to events as they unfold, as the future is still yet to be created before our eyes, anything can happen. You watch a VOD and the future becomes the past, the outcome is set in stone, there is a fatalistic mental state that actually does change the way we perceive recorded events compared to live ones.

I agree with this. Sports are broadcast live for a reason.

Walrus von Zeppelin on
    edited February 2011
    I honestly don't mind Kelly that much. Maybe it's cause I'm used to asian accents and have singaporean friends, but she seems pretty understandable. Not an Artosis, but then, who is?

Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
    edited February 2011
    Her accent bothered me at first but she's growing on me. She's got a decent sense of humor that meshes well with Tasteless's.

kedinik on
  • UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm a fan. I think that she just needs work on her pronunciation and it'd be peachy keen.

She also has trouble differentiating each player's move. She'll be commenting on the actions of one player and switches to talking about the other's actions without informing the viewer about the switch.

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Lol she pronounces third as turd

Edit: THIS THREAD IS NOT DEAD YET!!!

Lemming on
  • UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    She did a yugioh reference. That'd do.

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2011
    Jesus White ra is just sitting in 1-2k minerals, and he hasn't lost.

Hahaha "What do you think about how progamers train"

"I thought you said brogamers, sideways cap and popped collar, whatever lets just make collosus, lets go to the club bro"

terrible paraphrase but that was hilarious.

Fizban140 on
  • SerpicoSerpico Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Serpico on
  • StreltsyStreltsy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Dhalphir wrote: »

I agree with this. Sports are broadcast live for a reason.

This is, as the quote says, silly. The actual casting is live, the only people who know the results beforehand will be the players (who I highly doubt will leak the information and risk losing the privilege to compete in a such a high-stakes tournament).

I'd take tournament integrity and good production value over live any day. Frankly, even if it wasn't VODs, there'd have to be a stream delay, which would bring up the same problem.

But then again, there's no real arguing with that quote since it's talking about an illogical feeling some people experience. I don't get that feeling, so I completely support the way they're doing it.

Streltsy on
    410239-1.png