As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2011 Hotel Discussion Thread and Poll

• BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I emailed OnPeak last week (before the Seaport conformations went out and I got that one) and asked for my hotel confirmation number. They replied with the number very quickly, so if you're worried you might try emailing them.

Bloodsheed on
    Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • SpeedyDSpeedyD Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    Wyndham Boston Chelsea, y'all! Parking with a shuttle to the airport T! Decent rate, too! Anyone else staying here?

SpeedyD on
  • tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    hardreturn wrote: »
    "No reservations were found for this account. If you are missing a reservation, you can locate itusing a confirmation number, a credit card or another member number."

hm, that's worrisome. i'd call the hotel.

tvethiopia on
    <3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I am glad to see more people at the Park Plaza Hotel & Towers.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • hardreturnhardreturn Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    thanks for the suggestion blooshed, i just emailed them.

if that doesn't work i'll give the westin a call.

thanks for the heads up tvethiopia

hardreturn on
  • aka Scratchaka Scratch Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    I'm staying at Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel. I have the confirmation from OnPeak but the money hasn't been taken out for the either the deposit or the whole thing. Is this normal? I emailed OnPeak but just wondered what others are experiencing.

aka Scratch on
    edited February 2011
    i haven't been charged either.

hardreturn on
  • DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The deposit is just a confirmation of available funds. You will not see charges until you check out. This is pretty well the way it's worked for every hotel I've stayed at.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • scottish steveoscottish steveo Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    Radisson here.... anyone else?

scottish steveo on
    Xbox.com Moderator. Xbox Live Ambassador. Xbox Xpert.
  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    redfield85 wrote: »

Note - there's a sandwich place near here (Viga) that's excellent.

schuss on
    edited March 2011
    so i received an email back from OnPeak
    Dear PAX Participant,

We thank you for your request. We use our own in-house reservation system. Therefore you will not be able to see the reservation on the hotel’s website. See below for more information.

As of 3/3/11, all rooming lists will be turned over to the hotels. Please allow 1-2 business days for the hotel to manually add all names to their system.

You can than contact the hotel and make sure you ask for the "in-house" group reservations department.
    All reservations will be under guest last name/first name. The hotel's phone number is listed under the "changes Policy" on your itinerary.
    You can than obtain the official confirmation number.

so i'm less stressed about not being able to see the reservation now

hardreturn on
  • AngrypastaAngrypasta Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, I received that e-mail too, after noticing my reservation info on the Westin website was a bit outdated.

Angrypasta on
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    schuss wrote: »
    redfield85 wrote: »

Note - there's a sandwich place near here (Viga) that's excellent.

Thanks! We will have to check it out.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • RudabagaRudabaga Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Anyone staying at the Hilton Financial District? We got a really good deal, and it seems that the hotel is filled for the weekend. Figured that there'd be others that are going to PAX.

Rudabaga on
  • Koopa KremlinKoopa Kremlin Mandalorian Commander Los Angeles, CA & Concord DawnRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Anyone else staying at the courtyard marriott south boston?

Koopa Kremlin on
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I got my Reservation Confirmed e-mail for the Boston Seaport. The price when I booked with the OnPeak system was quoted at $169 or some such. The price on the e-mail is now quoting $84.50 Penny Arcade Pax Eas...

Is that because I have an additional guest staying with me so it's automatically calculating 50/50 or is this some ridiculous 50% off deal that I'll be all too happy to accept?

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• rnicollrnicoll Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I got my Reservation Confirmed e-mail for the Boston Seaport. The price when I booked with the OnPeak system was quoted at $169 or some such. The price on the e-mail is now quoting $84.50 Penny Arcade Pax Eas...

Is that because I have an additional guest staying with me so it's automatically calculating 50/50 or is this some ridiculous 50% off deal that I'll be all too happy to accept?

Had exactly the same happen to me. Check the e-mail, you'll probably see it lists one guest instead of two. I've e-mailed them to clarify, hope to hear back soon.

rnicoll on
  • rnicollrnicoll Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Just got a reply, in fact:
    Since there are two people in the room the hotel sent a confirmation to each person for 1/2 the amount. The total room rate per night is still 169

I don't think they have my guest's e-mail, hence confusion, but at least that explains.

rnicoll on
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ah well. I'm still fine paying the normal rate, but the rate quoted in the e-mail did seem too good to be true.

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• crowtalescrowtales Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Most of the hotels were booked up or close to it when I booked mine, so I'm staying at the Langham, which isn't too far away. Got a great rate for the two nights.

crowtales on
  • King of MarsKing of Mars A freak among weirdos A city in my mindRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm staying at Club Quarters, since the Westin Waterfront was already booked by the time I got around to planning this (about the 2nd week of January). It seems pretty sparse and utilitarian, but since I'll just be sleeping and showering there it's not a big deal. I'll have to walk 15-20 minutes to BCEC, but I'll be walking around ALL DAY at PAX, and all night Thursday for the Pokécrawl, so I don't see that being a problem, either. :D

King of Mars on
    Writhe your naked ass to the mindless groove.
    twitter //
    3DS: 2492-5478-6311 // Steam & WiiU: kingofmars2099
  • RudabagaRudabaga Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I saw the Langham on t.v. the other day. They are known for their deserts!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH you're so lucky. We're one building away. Still... not the same.

Rudabaga on
  • BinarySamuraiBinarySamurai Code Chef Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Best western roudhouse suits. Free shuttle especialy to convention center and free breakfast :)

BinarySamurai on
  • MahonayMahonay Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I booked pretty late (last Friday), glad I was still able to get a hotel with in walking distance.

I'm staying at the Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel.

Mahonay on
  • RevGutterRevGutter Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    holiday inn express boston. free wifi and parking. also seems they have a 24 hour shuttle for $5/day to go anywhere within reason. got my room on priceline for under $90/night a few weeks back. damn close to a red line stop too.

with most of the official hotels being booked up or at the upper end of the cost chart, its a nice option for the price. already talked to one other person staying there and would love to get together with some others for nerdy antics when we get in thursday night.

RevGutter on
  • poisonxpoisonx Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Park Plazas

poisonx on
  • SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hey there!

So my buddies and I will be staying at the Holiday Inn Boston Brookline, and we have some questions!

Since it's apparently a very long walk to the convention center, we were wondering if anyone had any advice on what to do about getting there! We saw that there is a shuttle that takes about 45 minutes, so is that reliable? Are there optimal routes that we can take (whether it be public transportation or driving or walking)?

Is anyone else staying at this place in a similar position? Maybe we can work something out!

Skullo on
  • wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Skullo wrote: »
    Hey there!

So my buddies and I will be staying at the Holiday Inn Boston Brookline, and we have some questions!

Since it's apparently a very long walk to the convention center, we were wondering if anyone had any advice on what to do about getting there! We saw that there is a shuttle that takes about 45 minutes, so is that reliable? Are there optimal routes that we can take (whether it be public transportation or driving or walking)?

Is anyone else staying at this place in a similar position? Maybe we can work something out!

Don't know how the shuttle works, but for public transportation:
    • Take the Green Line inbound to Park St
    • Transfer to the Red Line with Ashmont or Braintree as a destination, get off in two stops at South Station
    • Walk 15 minutes

To get back, you can take the subway home until about 1am (and be sure to hop on the C-line version of the Green Line) otherwise you'll have to take a cab.

wonderpug on
    edited March 2011
    wonderpug wrote: »
    Hey there!

• Transfer to the Red Line with Ashmont or Braintree as a destination, get off in two stops at South Station
    • Walk 15 minutes

To get back, you can take the subway home until about 1am (and be sure to hop on the C-line version of the Green Line) otherwise you'll have to take a cab.

Awesome, thanks!

Skullo on
  • TuftTuft Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    wonderpug wrote: »
    Hey there!

• Walk 15 minutes

If you're opting for any of the subway passes (at http://www.mbta.com/fares_and_passes/subway/) for your time in Boston it includes use of the SL1 & SL2 buses which go from South Station to the World Trade stop which looks right across the streetish from the BCEC. (If you don't want to walk)

Tuft on
  • wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    If the weather is atrocious or if you for some reason can't walk or really don't want to walk, the Silver Line would be fine, but otherwise with the time you'll spend waiting for the bus and the time walking from the World Trade Center, odds are pretty good it would've been faster to just walk. It's really not all that far. Maybe that's just me though.

wonderpug on
    edited March 2011
    Figured I'd mention it since it's supposedly going to rain thurs/fri. Not that meteorologists really have any idea this far out. >.>

Tuft on
    edited March 2011
    I just checked the Westin website, and there are no reservations listed under my name/credit card number, despite the fact that it was there just a few days ago.

The onPeak website also has "THIS HOTEL IS CUT OFF" in big red letters next to my reservation now.

Should I be freaking out? Because I totally am.

Angrypasta on
    edited March 2011
    Thanks for all the advice so far. If anyone else is staying at the Brookline, let me know! Maybe our groups could team up and travel together so that we all get there correctly!

Skullo on
  • Kiki_louKiki_lou Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Dorechester (on the southeast expy) also! so anyone else staying drop me a line. If we dont like the shuttle we can cab it in and pay less!! (costs about $10-$12 to cab it in, tax included).

Kiki_lou on
  • DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Angrypasta wrote: »
    I just checked the Westin website, and there are no reservations listed under my name/credit card number, despite the fact that it was there just a few days ago.

The onPeak website also has "THIS HOTEL IS CUT OFF" in big red letters next to my reservation now.

Hmm I have the same thing for both my reservations. I'd imagine this means they've cutoff taking more reservations for the hotel.

If you're concerned I'd suggest calling OnPeak. Their contact info should be in the email confirmation you received, and on the hotel reservation web page.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
    edited March 2011
    Decius wrote: »

Hmm I have the same thing for both my reservations. I'd imagine this means they've cutoff taking more reservations for the hotel.

If you're concerned I'd suggest calling OnPeak. Their contact info should be in the email confirmation you received, and on the hotel reservation web page.

Thanks Decius, that eases my worries a bit. I'm going to try calling the hotel on Monday.

Angrypasta on
  • macrogeekmacrogeek Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    If you click into your reservation from that screen, it'll still show your info. What they mean is you can't make changes from OnPeak now. They'll be handing off your reservation to the hotel soon, so you'd have to make any changes with them.

macrogeek on
    edited March 2011
    macrogeek wrote: »
    If you click into your reservation from that screen, it'll still show your info. What they mean is you can't make changes from OnPeak now. They'll be handing off your reservation to the hotel soon, so you'd have to make any changes with them.

This. Reservations went to the hotels on the 3rd. Contact them if you need things changed.

Tuft on
  • tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Decius wrote: »

at this point i would imagine onpeak has pretty much nothing to do with the reservation, you might want to check with the hotel. hopefully, they're just not listing it on the site because it's too late to make any changes. i'm scared to check mine!

EDIT: checked mine on the westin site, it's not there either. nervous. i'm really glad i printed the confirmation back when it was showing up, so whatever happens i can definitely prove i had it. i'm sure it's fine though (bites nails).

tvethiopia on
    <3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png