As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

What?! No Nintendo this year? NOOOOOO!

duderdude2duderdude2 Registered User regular
edited February 2006 in PAX Archive
According to the sponsor's page, and Gabe's latest post, it looks like Nintendo may not be a sponsor this year, which would truly be a huge shame. They had, by far, the best booth last year (and also the most populated), and with the Revolution coming out, it'd be a royal disappointment if they don't make any kind of appearance.

So are the sponsors pretty much set in stone; is Nintendo a no show for sure? PAX should pay Nintendo if they must (not seriously, but damn, they were a huge part of last year's show).

duderdude2 on

• EskoEsko Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2006
    all the sponsors havent been finalized im guessing. we still have 6 months until PAX

not to mention in his post he said the ones he listed were ones he remembered form his "glance at the white board"

Esko on
    Esko.jpg
  • BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2006
    won't the revolution be out before pax?

Borfase on
    duhhhh i like spaghetti-o's lolz
  • duderdude2duderdude2 Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Not unless it comes out before August, which seems unlikely, but could happen.

Also, I would think Gabe would remember a sponsor as large as Nintendo, and if I recall correctly, they were one of the first sponsors last year.

duderdude2 on
  • de4dmeta1de4dmeta1 Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Borfase wrote:
    All the more reason to have it at PAX. Show off some games still coming down the pipe and such.

de4dmeta1 on
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Borfase wrote:

I doubt it, especially considering they arnt announcing the launch date and price and stuff until their press conferance just before E3. Id expect them to do like they did with the DS, announce details at E3, launch in november.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
    edited February 2006
    duderdude2 wrote:
    Not unless it comes out before August, which seems unlikely, but could happen.

Also, I would think Gabe would remember a sponsor as large as Nintendo, and if I recall correctly, they were one of the first sponsors last year.

it could be something as easy as that he just didnt see the name on the list or diagram (however they have it setup)...if im not mistaken they were a Gold sponsor last year so I'd assume they wouldnt do anything less especially with a console launch in the somewhat-near future...

Esko on
    Esko.jpg
  • flatrabbitflatrabbit King of Toast That place, over there.Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    ok so PAX is 6 months away....calm the hell down. Damn, no point in getting all worked up over something that may or may not happen.

flatrabbit on
    --"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
    edited February 2006
    flatrabbit wrote:
    ok so PAX is 6 months away....calm the hell down.

I do realize it's not the end of the world. :roll:

I was exaggerating. I just wanted to express my opinion that I'd like to see Nintendo at the expo, and perhaps get clarification from Robert, or anyone else involved.

Better to voice my opinion sooner rather than later.

duderdude2 on
  • GrifmastaGrifmasta Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    that would suck... I'm not a huge nintendo fan...but I looove my DS. they had some bad ass demos last year..that is dissapointing,but there is still time

Grifmasta on
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited February 2006
    Nintendo was one of the last sponsors to be announced last year.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
    edited February 2006
    Nintendo was one of the last sponsors to be announced last year.

Well, I'm going to hope (perhaps wrongly) that that's a subtle hint...

duderdude2 on
  • TomExMachinaTomExMachina Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    I hope they don't show up, seeing as how they suckm and their new console will be worse than Vitual Boy.

TomExMachina on
  • flatrabbitflatrabbit King of Toast That place, over there.Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    I hope they don't show up, seeing as how they suckm and their new console will be worse than Vitual Boy.
    I'm assuming this is troll bait, because it seems that way. Nothing to see here folks, move along.

flatrabbit on
    --"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
    edited February 2006
    flatrabbit wrote:
    I'm assuming this is troll bait, because it seems that way. Nothing to see here folks, move along.

*sigh*

*moves on to next thread*

Esko on
    Esko.jpg
  • aREALplayeraREALplayer Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Hmmm. What would they really contribute except that onen guy who was realy funny on the panels?

aREALplayer on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2006
    Hmmm. What would they really contribute except that onen guy who was realy funny on the panels?

Hmm, I dunno...

revolution-controller-at-a-glance-2.jpg

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
    edited February 2006
    flatrabbit wrote:
    I hope they don't show up, seeing as how they suck and their new console will be worse than Vitual Boy.

Not really, but I don't want to spark an argument. Just stating my honest opinion.

TomExMachina on
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2006
    flatrabbit wrote:
    I hope they don't show up, seeing as how they suck and their new console will be worse than Vitual Boy.

Not really, but I don't want to spark an argument. Just stating my honest opinion.

:roll:

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
    edited February 2006
    flatrabbit wrote:

ahhh.....so that's what it was, sometimes those honest opinions and troll baits look so similar. Must have been my mistake.

flatrabbit on
    edited February 2006
    How many sponsors were in the Expo room last year anyway? I don't recall a whole lot of them fitting into that room, but perhaps I just wasn't paying attention.

duderdude2 on
    edited February 2006
    duderdude2 wrote:
    How many sponsors were in the Expo room last year anyway? I don't recall a whole lot of them fitting into that room, but perhaps I just wasn't paying attention.
    20ish? I know there were 6 big booths in the center with smaller ones along 3.5 of the walls. When I try and think back and remember it all I see is chaos.

flatrabbit on
    edited February 2006
    Haha, I hear ya. I trust your memory than mine; only the large booths stand out in my mind (Nintendo, Ubi-soft, and Nvidia was it?).

duderdude2 on
    edited February 2006
    duderdude2 wrote:
    Haha, I hear ya. I trust your memory than mine; only the large booths stand out in my mind (Nintendo, Ubi-soft, and Nvidia was it?).
    NoA, Ubi, NCSoft, Turbine, America's Army, & Sony had the big floor space.

flatrabbit on
    edited February 2006
    flatrabbit wrote:
    flatrabbit wrote:

ahhh.....so that's what it was, sometimes those honest opinions and troll baits look so similar. Must have been my mistake.

No true gamer automatically dismisses any console as OMG SUX. Especially when said console isn't even available to try out and form an opinion on.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    flatrabbit wrote:

dude, i dont mean this to be a flame, but it is not smart to come onto a thread made by a nintendo lover, to unite nintendo lovers and say "OMFG Nintendo is teh SUXXOR!" i mean really. and in my personal experience:

Opinion = Flame bait

just tryin to help

Nephirij on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Well I do mean to flame and I say its idiotic to even have any type of opinion like that (zomg it sux!, etc) on an UNRELEASED product and without trying it.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
    edited February 2006
    My point is that nintendo has not made a worthwhile product since 1991.
    I have little to no expectation of a good system to come out, but if they do pull it off, then Miyamoto Did something right.

I will most definately like to see what comes of this "remote" controller, but other than that, I have no high hopes.

Sorry for coming off as a dick, I hope this explains it a little better.

TomExMachina on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2006
    I have little to no expectation of a good system to come out, but if they do pull it off, then Miyamoto Did something right.

I will most definately like to see what comes of this "remote" controller, but other than that, I have no high hopes.

Sorry for coming off as a dick, I hope this explains it a little better.

Class%20Digging.jpg

You're just going deeper, man.

Legacy on
    edited February 2006
    Ok, I am gonna drop it now.

Just one thing. What if Nintendo goes the way of Sega? Just make games.
    Imagine Zelda on the X-Box. That is something I can get behind.
    Also, I mean no offense to people who like Nintendo. Good for you. Stand up for what you like, I respect that.

Love,
    Tom

TomExMachina on
    edited February 2006

BWWAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Please to be explaining the logic underlying this conclusion.

Also, I mean no offense to people who like Nintendo. Good for you. Stand up for what you like, I respect that.

Love,
    Tom

I can't imagine Zelda on the Xbox being any better than on the GameCube.

Nintendo has no reason to ever go Sega because they're still making money hand over fist.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
    edited February 2006
    I said I am done, please respect that. This thread is about Nintendo having a booth at PAX, not flaming back and forth. I have my opinions, you have yours. I'm not trying to make you think the same as me, and I know I won't thiunk the same as you. So please let's get this back on topic ok?

No Nintendo at PAX? While I'm not to upset, after doing some reading, I would like to try out the new controller, but if they aren't at PAX, I won't be too dissapointed. How bout everyone else?

TomExMachina on
  • HighfireHighfire Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    duderdude2 wrote:
    According to the sponsor's page, and Gabe's latest post, it looks like Nintendo may not be a sponsor this year, which would truly be a huge shame. They had, by far, the best booth last year (and also the most populated), and with the Revolution coming out, it'd be a royal disappointment if they don't make any kind of appearance.

So are the sponsors pretty much set in stone; is Nintendo a no show for sure? PAX should pay Nintendo if they must (not seriously, but damn, they were a huge part of last year's show).

Meh

Highfire on
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2006

Love,
    Tom

If you didnt like Nintendo's games for the past 15 years, Why would you all of a sudden like Zelda if it was on Xbox? If youre going to be anti-nintendo, at least be consistant for fuck's sake...

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
    edited February 2006
    eelektrik wrote:

Love,
    Tom

If you didnt like Nintendo's games for the past 15 years, Why would you all of a sudden like Zelda if it was on Xbox? If youre going to be anti-nintendo, at least be consistant for fuck's sake...

Cuz if it wuz on teh xbocks, Zelda would show dem mad titties and Link wuld get all up in dat shit, for reals.

Err...yeah. I think this thread should be locked where it is right now. Nintendo isn't confirmed yet, but they were the last ones confirmed last year, so there's still time. They SHOULD have a giant booth there, showcasing their new games and the Revolution, but they may be too busy prepping for the Rev launch(like MS was for the 360 last year to bring anything) to do anything. I really doubt it though.

I don't mind either way. I'll get to play what I want at E3. :D

Legacy on
    edited February 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    I think this thread should be locked where it is right now.

Why? Because of the anti-Nintendo guys? They're entitled to their opinion, even if it doesn't entirely make sense. Let's let this die naturally.

Oh, and a hint, if you want a topic to stop existing, don't respond to it.

duderdude2 on
    edited February 2006
    duderdude2 wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    I think this thread should be locked where it is right now.

Why? Because of the anti-Nintendo guys? They're entitled to their opinion, even if it doesn't entirely make sense. Let's let this die naturally.

Oh, and a hint, if you want a topic to stop existing, don't respond to it.

No...because it has run its course and will just be a stupid discussion back and forth consisting of 'omg nintendo sucks' & 'no u'. We got an answer to the question asked and now it's just retarded arguing.

Legacy on
    edited February 2006
    Well, I don't care about it either, but if it's important to the guys arguing, who cares if the topic sticks around? It's not like you have to click on it.

duderdude2 on
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    duderdude2 wrote:
    Well, I don't care about it either, but if it's important to the guys arguing, who cares if the topic sticks around? It's not like you have to click on it.

Well, I think it more has to do with the fact that we have a whole 'nother forum around here that is nothing but 'MORE LIKE CELDA', so why not take the conversation there? The only part of this relevant to PAX has been asked and answered.

Also, you guys smell kind of funny.

NotASenator on
    edited February 2006
    The only part of this relevant to PAX has been asked and answered.

If only in the loosest sense of the word.

duderdude2 on