As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Games that WILL be at PAX East 2011

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    BRINK!
    you rule, thanks for that

Local H Jay on
  • LelldorianxLelldorianx Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I've gotten a few press-invite e-mails that confirm some games for the show:

Hunted: The Demon's Forge and Brink will be at the Bethesda booth, with playable demos.

Indie action RPG Bastion will be there with a playable demo, too.

Really? Some reason I haven't gotten any press emails yet this year. That's concerning, time to email PAX :)

I wanted to note that AoE:O was recently handed off to Gas Powered Games for development... so who knows how that interferes with its appearance at PAX.

Lelldorianx on
    Editor @ GamersNexus.net
  • AnarchistAbeAnarchistAbe Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I would love to see The Unfinished Swan there, but I highly doubt it will be there :cry:

I've been watching the developement of that game for quite some time, pretty much since the first time it was publicly shown off, and I would absolutely love a chance to get my hands on it :)

AnarchistAbe on
  • ErgandarErgandar Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Skulls of the Shogun will also be present I believe, judging from their website.

Ergandar on
    RachelSig.jpg
  • LelldorianxLelldorianx Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Orcs Must Die! has been confirmed to be at PAX East by Robot Entertainment on their website.

Lelldorianx on
    Editor @ GamersNexus.net
  • TheRobotGuyTheRobotGuy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I would love to rock some Bioshock Infinite and Portal 2.

TheRobotGuy on
    Fuck You Bottle is the name of my Jonathan Coulton cover band.
  • TheRobotGuyTheRobotGuy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I would also like to see Dark Souls.

TheRobotGuy on
    Fuck You Bottle is the name of my Jonathan Coulton cover band.
  • grkpektisgrkpektis Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Man I wish I could go for bioshock alone but can't for medical reasons. Hopefully I can finally make it to PAX prime. Good news is I can guilt my friends into going.

grkpektis on
  • SoberChefSoberChef Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I am pumped for Brink and Duke Nukem Forever, just really hoping maybe a demo of Arkham City? (one can dream can't they?)

SoberChef on
  • GrimmTrixXGrimmTrixX Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    ill be surprised if THQ doesnt have WWE All-Stars playable.

GrimmTrixX on
    edited February 2011
    SoberChef wrote: »
    I am pumped for Brink and Duke Nukem Forever, just really hoping maybe a demo of Arkham City? (one can dream can't they?)
    Arkham City would be pretty awesome, but I wouldn't get hopes up too high...

AnarchistAbe on
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    GrimmTrixX wrote: »
    ill be surprised if THQ doesnt have WWE All-Stars playable.

That actually looks pretty decent. If I remember - didn't Sal Davita work on that one? I loved older arcade style wrestling games so I'm hoping this will be fun.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • FirelanceFirelance Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Portal 2 is confirmed. Media people already got their appointment emails from Valve.

Firelance on
  • acumen101acumen101 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Just got the schedule on Conventionist and made my schedule and saw Deus Ex: Human Revolution will be demo'd on Saturday. Please update OP with this awesomeness!

That is all...

acumen101 on
    Life-Long Nerd from New England

PAX East 2015: -Pass [X] -Hotel [X] -Time off[X]

twitter: acumen101 | fb: fb.com/acumen101
    Steam: acumen101 | xbl/psn: caseBlaster101

edited March 2011
    I don't know about anyone else, but the RAGE live demo is my most anticipated event! The game looks stunning, and I really want to see it in action!!!

AnarchistAbe on
  • Lady LilybellLady Lilybell Geeky Crafter & Baker South Shore, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Earth Defense Force 2 will be playable.

Lady Lilybell on
    5FzIdZ6.png
    I ♥ making awesome crafts! I ♥ my Cookie Brigaders!
  • danielofthekingsdanielofthekings Silver Spring, MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    OP you said there is a panel for the Deus Ex. What day is that? and is it on the Schedule, I would totally want to see that!

danielofthekings on
  • Chris RemoChris Remo Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    Hey guys,

This is Chris Remo over at Irrational Games. BioShock Infinite will actually NOT be playable at PAX East. Sorry to disappoint :(

Chris

Chris Remo on
  • KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Chris Remo wrote: »
    Hey guys,

This is Chris Remo over at Irrational Games. BioShock Infinite will actually NOT be playable at PAX East. Sorry to disappoint :(

Chris

Awwwww. :( It's ok, I'll just stare at the looping TV. :shock:

Krissta on
    Ln5yLL7.png
    edited March 2011
    Hey guys,

Chris

:cry:

Oh well. I will place this in the "there, but not playable" section. Please advise if this is incorrect. Otherwise, we will see you there!

AnarchistAbe on
  • SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Capcom sent out a release today, saying that Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition, Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D, and Okamiden will be at their booth. Also, there will be OMG Okamiden merchandise, like the pillow and plushie soooooo cute!

SwashbucklerXX on
    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I gotta wonder...if Bioware is gonna be there with SWTOR, will they bring Mass Effect 3?

gigabrain on
    fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • kentakenta Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm wondering about Gears of War 3. I'm going to guess Epic wont be there. I don't recall seeing them last year either. Boo.

kenta on
    Twitter: @kentakoga
    3/10 Pre-PAX Meet-up @ The Pinball Wizard in Pelham, NH
    Details: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=137995
  • lillblillb Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    kenta wrote: »
    I'm wondering about Gears of War 3. I'm going to guess Epic wont be there. I don't recall seeing them last year either. Boo.

Cliffy B confirmed he'll be there, not sure if they'll have a booth. Could be under one of the Microsoft booths too. Wouldln't get my hopes up tho.

lillb on
  • MahonayMahonay Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Epic showed Gears 3 at the Microsoft February showcase last week and I'm assuming they'll have a huge showing at GDC. It would be understanding if they couldn't pull off a floor showing at PAX East just one week after all of that.

Mahonay on
  • Seanyd781Seanyd781 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Any word on the 3DS being playable? I remember watching GTTV a few weeks ago where it was based off the 3DS and people demoing it. Though I'm certainly holding off on it until at least the Summer, I wouldn't mind trying it out at PAX.

Wonder how many games EA is bringing to the table, with their FIVE booths.

Seanyd781 on
    edited March 2011
    Seanyd781 wrote: »
    Wonder how many games EA is bringing to the table, with their FIVE booths.

Chris Priestly was kind enough to confirm that the Dragon Age team won't be at PAX East, considering the March 8 release date for DA2.

SwashbucklerXX on
  • HardcoreGaymerHardcoreGaymer Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hey guys,

Chris

How do i know you are the real Chris Remo?

HardcoreGaymer on
  • OnmitsuOnmitsu I'm just a birdie Ca-caw, ca-caw!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hmmm, Bethesda has a booth. Maybe we'll get our hands on the new Elder Scrolls game, Skyrim.

Onmitsu on
    Man, even Dora the Explorer thinks you're slow.
    edited March 2011
    Onmitsu wrote: »
    Hmmm, Bethesda has a booth. Maybe we'll get our hands on the new Elder Scrolls game, Skyrim.

Nope, no Skyrim. They're showing Hunted: The Demon's Forge and Brink.

SwashbucklerXX on
  • OnmitsuOnmitsu I'm just a birdie Ca-caw, ca-caw!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Onmitsu wrote: »

Nope, no Skyrim. They're showing Hunted: The Demon's Forge and Brink.

Excuse me while I weep tears of blood while I listen to Linkin Park.:cry:

Well, not really quite that bad. I really didn't like oblivion, and I didn't care for Fallout 3, so I'm desperately hoping for a good show from them.

Onmitsu on
    Man, even Dora the Explorer thinks you're slow.
  • FirelanceFirelance Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hey guys,

Chris

How about for press?

Firelance on
    edited March 2011
    Firelance wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Chris

How about for press?

Keep in mind, that was not a "It won't be there". It was a "NOT playable". I still think (hope) they will be there. With the amount of booth space 2K has, it would shock me if it wasn't there in some capacity...

AnarchistAbe on
  • redshoepaulredshoepaul Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Just got an E-Mail saying the new Jurassic Park game will be available to play at Tell Tale!

redshoepaul on
  • ParmaynuParmaynu Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Just got an E-Mail saying the new Jurassic Park game will be available to play at Tell Tale!

Oh my goodness. Be still my heart.

Parmaynu on
    PAX East 2011 Pokecrawl Team Red Group A
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011
    I can't believe we are merely a week (a little less than a week) away! I've been looking forward to this since Pax East last year!!!

AnarchistAbe on
  • theantipoptheantipop Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    OP you said there is a panel for the Deus Ex. What day is that? and is it on the Schedule, I would totally want to see that!

+1. This year's demo's are looking WAAAAY more exciting than last year's. The only highlights I can remember from last year were Red Dead Redemption, a limited screening of a long-run video showing Civ 5 and Monday Night Combat.

theantipop on
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    theantipop wrote: »

+1. This year's demo's are looking WAAAAY more exciting than last year's. The only highlights I can remember from last year were Red Dead Redemption, a limited screening of a long-run video showing Civ 5 and Monday Night Combat.

Most of my highlights last year were from XBLA games - Shank, Puzzle Quest 2, Monday Night Combat and Hydro Thunder were the games I played the most. I remember being impressed by Rooms on the Wii but never got around to buying it.

This year is shaping up to be much, much better.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • lillblillb Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yea there's quite a few big name games being shown off so I'm pretty excited. Can't wait!

lillb on
  • Seanyd781Seanyd781 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm ashamed of myself for not knowing what Red Dead Redemption was last year at PAX East. But looking back, last year was mainly showcasing like you guys said, XBLA games.

This year we have games like Duke Nukem, Mortal Kombat, and many other notable games that I'll wait a good half hour plus to try out. Looking forward to getting my hands on that 3DS too!

Seanyd781 on
This discussion has been closed.