As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] League of Tryhards - Best Online Technical

• Options
    MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    OremLK wrote: »
    No like

YOU get to deal more damage to towers

With your CHAMPIONS

When you kill an enemy champion

Not "your towers deal more damage when you get a kill"

Oh. Reading comprehension fail.

MonkeyConQueso on
    PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Cassiopeia best farmer

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    BatmantisBatmantis Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Not a fan of the new creeps. It's been much harder to gank out of jungle with the new creeps. I think its because having to lane more from people dying and risking dead towers. Might just been bad team mates though.

Batmantis on
    Play with me people!
    LOL: Batmantis
    MTGO: Batmantis88
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The problem with that tower buff per kill is that it would make trolling so much worse (aka the people who spawn and instantly suicide into the other team). I suppose it would end the games faster if the other team capitalized on it but still.

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    whatever they do I hope they do it soon and I hope it makes the game as fun as it was before the changes

because it's so much less fun now holy shit

unintentional on
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Cassiopeia best farmer

:^:

Also i'm diggin the new creeps and the direction it forced the game to go.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Did they change Cassiopeia at all in the last couple patches

I tried her a few weeks ago and was stupid disappointed

Ledneh on
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ledneh wrote: »
    Did they change Cassiopeia at all in the last couple patches

I tried her a few weeks ago and was stupid disappointed

Nope. Cass takes a very different playstyle which oftentimes on the surface can appear ineffectual. But I've long ago given up defending her. Eventually people will realize.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    also my match history is bizarre atm and contains so many strange things
    vCpWC.png
    Nope. Cass takes a very different playstyle which oftentimes on the surface can appear ineffectual. But I've long ago given up defending her. Eventually people will realize.

Well you have to rice like a beast because she's very item dependent

plus you want a team with dudes who the enemy team will hate more than you

but she's pretty decent, I've tended to do surprisingly well with her recently although I am still making a lot of mistakes in team fights

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Naphtali wrote: »
    The problem with that tower buff per kill is that it would make trolling so much worse (aka the people who spawn and instantly suicide into the other team). I suppose it would end the games faster if the other team capitalized on it but still.

Some extremely high percentage chance you lose anyway when this happens. I suppose the buff could have diminishing returns in strength and/or duration just like gold rewards for kills on feeders.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Edit: Neal, a good Katarina can be tough. I suggest sitting amongst your creeps so that she can't Shunpo you without taking a lot of creep damage, then just Explosive + Auto her and back off every time she steps in range, but without moving into an area where her creeps can do a lot of damage to you. The ones who level BB first are tougher than the ones who level Shunpo first, but the same basic strategy applies, stand in your creeps and punish her for using BB.

Hope she doesn't win the harassment war hard enough to keep you from bursting her down at 6. If you're running ignite you can burst faster than she can so at 6 just kill her.

i was running ignite but so was she, it doesn't seem to me that a katarina with doran's shield would die to my burst combo more than i would die to hers (though i got doran's blade, probably should've gotten the shield for the harass)

also bouncing blade is a ridiculous ability

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Your damage is output faster than hers (most of it occurs in less than a second) so as long as you're not at a HUGE health disadvantage, and she is low enough to actually die, then you should win the exchange. I usually beat Katarinas but the ones who give me trouble are pretty much always Bouncing Blade Kats.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    also my match history is bizarre atm and contains so many strange things
    vCpWC.png

Well you have to rice like a beast because she's very item dependent

plus you want a team with dudes who the enemy team will hate more than you

but she's pretty decent, I've tended to do surprisingly well with her recently although I am still making a lot of mistakes in team fights

That is so ridiculous, I can only assume you always group queue though. I used to get winning streaks but I can't seem to go more than two wins in a row in solo normal before getting matched with feeders/trolls/etc. I think PriestWithKnives was inviting me to join you guys last night but I was already grouped with some people (sadly it wasn't until after the match I was told we were playing with the little brother of one guy [neither or which were very good] and another guy[who also sucked]).

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    That is so ridiculous, I can only assume you always group queue though.

I solo 99% of the time

But that's really the Soraka effect, I tend to win 80% odd of my games as Soraka, whether in teams or solo or ranked. Also Ryze. I win a lot of Ryze games. For example:
    WzKgR.png
    79FpM.png

I have lots of losses too but these recent games haven't really been "experimenting" games apart from the morde and alistar games. The morde game was an unqualified success :o

Actually if you had checked my match history 3 days ago you would have seen 80% losses

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    WhiteSharkWhiteShark Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    so playing with a bunch of my college friends who are all much worse than me has spoiled me on easy lane opponents

now if I don't get a double kill in a 1v2 lane by level 8 I feel like a failure

WhiteShark on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Man I want a new champ that can hard counter tanky dps.

Like a mechanic that increases your damage or whatever based on the target's max HP.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I really should try and be more social on the vent server. I just have so little time to play it's hard to hop on an find people that aren't already playing.

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

Like a mechanic that increases your damage or whatever based on the target's max HP.

You mean like Jarven's passive? He also slows which reduces a lot of tanky dps effectivness since most are melee. Also he can trap you in a 1v1 and kill you. He kind of is a counter to tanky dps, but everyone who is playing him is new to him and bad so it will take time.

Drool on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

You just described Nasus. Literally.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Only problem is both Jarven and Nasus are also tanky dps characters. :P Vicious cycle.

Drool on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    And yet neither of them are solidly anti tanky dps.

A champ that couldn't hurt squishies much but wrecked heavies would be awesome.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Exactly what I was going to say. To counter tanky DPS, all you have to do is pick X or Y tanky DPS champion!

OremLK on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    buff kog'maw make his range global

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    hire me riot

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    And yet neither of them are solidly anti tanky dps.

A champ that couldn't hurt squishies much but wrecked heavies would be awesome.

Malzahar and Poppy both kinda do that though replace wreck heavies with wreck everyone.

Slicer on
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Madred's or Deathcap + Void tend to work on most people.

Or, for characters, Kogmaw, Warwick, Nasus, Poppy, Malz.

5/5 Banshees + 5/5 GA on 4/5 tanks is terrible and unfun, as well as hard to beat, but tanky DPS is generally is a bit over exaggerated.

I think it's "OP" if both teams play mediocre, as it tends to give disproportionate results at that level of play (and I say this as someone who has lost games to tanky DPS due to my own mediocre play), but smart play with a well mixed team comp tends to consistently beat tanky DPS.

If I knew I was going to fight tanky DPS the next game I'd run my normal ideal team comp with the people I play with, which is WW, Shen, Sion, Lux, Sivir. It's an even mix of damage types with a good amount of CC, jungling, pushing ability, teamfight ability, ganking, etc.

programjunkie on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I think one of the problems with tanky dps is it is strong in the solo que environment where group play is nonexistent.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Warwick is also tanky DPS :P

Kog'Maw, yeah. Especially Butterfly Kog who is the counter to everything except rainbows and unicorns

Malzahar is a really good tank killer in team comps with enough CC

Who else... Teemo, actually, specifically TreeEskimo's Malady Bloodrazor build, tears tanks apart

I have good success kiting and shredding tanky DPS as just a standard AD Tristana

OremLK on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Bwaaahaaaahaaa.

Oh Garen. Why are you so much fun?

ALL: DEMACIAAAAAAAA
    ALL: Wait no, come back. We're totally not in this bush.
    ALL: Come closerrrrrrrr

The guys on the top lane back off because they think I'm in their bush.

Bottom lane facechecks.

First Blood!

ALL: DEMACIAAAAAAA!

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I don't think tanky dps is a problem really

I can't think of a game I've been in in a long time that was dominated by a tanky dps

except my morde game lololololo

Basic cool kids start with Doran's blade on garen true story

Also Madred's is 99% of the time bad against tanky dps don't buy it unless they have 30 mres

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    A team that goes all Banshee's Veil is infuriating to square off against as certain characters

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Kog Maw already does this, why would you need another champion?

You can also run trundle and throw a BC on your carry. Focus people down one at a time starting with the guy trundle ults (even if its the tank, trundle ult + BC = nearly no armor). Also make sure you are running some kind of support. Tankydps teams damage outputs tends to be much lower and a few clutch heals is going to keep your squishies in the fight. Tankydps thrives on just outsurviving you.

Draygo on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I don't think tanky dps is a problem really

I can't think of a game I've been in in a long time that was dominated by a tanky dps

except my morde game lololololo

Basic cool kids start with Doran's blade on garen true story

Also Madred's is 99% of the time bad against tanky dps don't buy it unless they have 30 mres

Bloodrazor is good against tanky DPS if your champion synergizes with it (Kog'Maw, Teemo, Warwick)... not so much if they do not.

The best Garens I've seen start with Boots + pots

OremLK on
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I played a game as Lux with Jarvan, Renekton, Xin and one other tanky dps character I forgot.

We came back from something like 1-10 and -4 towers early game.

Lux is an enabler of horrible tanky dps murder. Roots, slows, easy shields for the entire team since they all bunch up.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Madred's second most overrated item in the entire game btw

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011

First being.....

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Warwick is also tanky DPS :P

Kog'Maw, yeah. Especially Butterfly Kog who is the counter to everything except rainbows and unicorns

Malzahar is a really good tank killer in team comps with enough CC

Well, the way I / we build him, maybe. I see tons of WWs rush Madreds, and some even with Zerkers. Pure DPS WW is fragile like a spider web in a hurricane.

My personal WW build is Wriggles / Merc / Heart / Chalice / Blood Razor / (flex) though, and that is probably the best sustained tanking* in the entire game of LOL with blue / red.

* To define this term, if he isn't bursted, a defensively built WW can take 5 people's worth of damage while remaining at / near full HP. I've aced teams before that kept saying, "Well, he's at 50% and his ult is down, I'll go finish him off!" No, you won't.

I half-agree. It is overrated by many people, and I've seen rushing it end in tears over and over again (for other people, since I don't), but as a late game DPS item for WW, it is great, because it synergizes perfectly with all his mechanics. It's also very efficient on a slot basis, which is especially important to me as I like to carry HP pots even up to level 18.

programjunkie on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Which runes make Garen hit the hardest at level one?

Penetration, flat ad?

I want to hit . . . So hard, that Annie will never walk again.

She'll be confined to a wheelchair for the rest of her natural life.

That is how hard I want to hit.

With my sword.

Garen's sword.

While screaming Demacia.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    First being.....

Merc treads
    Which runes make Garen hit the hardest at level one?

Penetration, flat ad?

I want to hit

so hard

that Annie will never walk again

She'll be confined to a wheelchair for the rest of her natural life

That is how hard I want to hit.

With my sword.

Garen's sword.

While screaming Demacia.

TBH flat pen is the way to go for the g-man because the ad reds fall out of goodness so quickly

For ref I think you hit slightly harder at 1 with ad reds

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

I kinda agree. Madreds is great if you can get it before the enemy builds decent amounts of MR. Problem is that they'll notice you're building it and buy MR before you complete it. I'd rather have a Black Cleaver, and someone with a starks floating around instead.

I also think that everyone loves bloodthirsters (because they're good), but they're really good when you don't die. Infinity edge is starting to be ignored but I think it's still a great item.

Pacificstar on