As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] League of Tryhards - Best Online Technical

1565758596062»

• BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Mobility Warwick reporting in.

Where's the fire?

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • FlipprDolphinFlipprDolphin Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    OremLK wrote: »
    If you were typing something into the item store you'd already be taking way more time than you should

Fastest way to buy is just to memorize all the items and which components go into what, then click on a recommended item with one of the components you need, click the component, and click the item you want on top

Of course sometimes you have to dig in the sluggish crappy category menu and that sucks

@Riot please let us set our own recommended items for champions thanks.

I'd just love the ability to have a tab for user set favorites. I've noticed a lot of high elo streams, they'll start going through the build menu while waiting to teleport back so it's literally a double click or two, and you're back on your way.

Go google a program called Yaric.

I use it and love it. Changes the recommended items to whatever you want :)

FlipprDolphin on
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Phasing out the US art with Chinese art again.

Check out explorer Ezreal.
    ezrealExplorerGGChina.jpg

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I played a game as Mordekaiser against MF, Trynd and Yi. They thought I was the greatest DPS ever....

I had 330 armor before my shield and a Thornmail.

Their team ignored buying MR.

They had no idea how I was bursting them down.

Moridin889 on
  • programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Jars wrote: »
    sorc boots on ww 24/7

You're bad and should feel bad.
    Basil wrote: »
    Mobility Warwick reporting in.

Where's the fire?

You, you're weird.

I can see it for certain play styles / team comps.

programjunkie on
  • DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The reason Merc Treads are so good is they are built by ideal laning items. Your first trip back, about half the time one of the very best purchases is the 400 cloak, and on your second trip back, you generally want boots 2.

usually my first trip back i'm sitting at about 2k gold though.

Draygo on
  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    schuss on
    edited March 2011
    Draygo wrote: »
    The reason Merc Treads are so good is they are built by ideal laning items. Your first trip back, about half the time one of the very best purchases is the 400 cloak, and on your second trip back, you generally want boots 2.

2K gold is a lot. At that point, you might be better off leaving and buying beforehand, even if you don't need to.

Though, if you have 2K gold before having to leave, you might as well grab whatever boots you want, as your opponents are probably terribad (at least relative to your skill level, if not in an absolute sense) beyond belief if they cannot even force you to heal / leave to help a fight before then.

With Shen / Karma, I strongly consider leaving and teleporting back at 1185 gold, for boots 1 + philo + 1 hp pot.

programjunkie on
  • Catastrophe_XXVICatastrophe_XXVI Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Talith wrote: »

Are you doing those yourself or is this something Riot is implementing?

Catastrophe_XXVI on
    PSN ID: Catastrophe_xxvi
    3DS FC: 5086-1134-6451
    Shiny Code: 3837
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    which one is which btw?

The right side is just a clusterfuck of poor design and technical choices...

initiatefailure on
  • BatmantisBatmantis Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    New ryze is pretty fun, but I do tend to get ksed a lot because he doesn't have a lot of burst, which I guess is fine because he doesn't need that many items.

Batmantis on
    Play with me people!
    LOL: Batmantis
    MTGO: Batmantis88
    edited March 2011

You have to manually go in and change the images, which requires downloading the source material. There is a topic which has a compilation of them in the LoL general forum.

I just do some quick copy paste work so you can easily compare the two.

Edti: Left side is Ch, right side is US.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Catastrophe_XXVICatastrophe_XXVI Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

You have to manually go in and change the images, which requires downloading the source material. There is a topic which has a compilation of them in the LoL general forum.

I just do some quick copy paste work so you can easily compare the two.

Edti: Left side is Ch, right side is US.

Also, are you on later? I want to learn EZ.

Catastrophe_XXVI on
    PSN ID: Catastrophe_xxvi
    3DS FC: 5086-1134-6451
    Shiny Code: 3837
    edited March 2011
    Finished messing around with the artwork and just logged on actually. Most likely on later as well.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
    edited March 2011

2K gold is a lot. At that point, you might be better off leaving and buying beforehand, even if you don't need to.

Though, if you have 2K gold before having to leave, you might as well grab whatever boots you want, as your opponents are probably terribad (at least relative to your skill level, if not in an absolute sense) beyond belief if they cannot even force you to heal / leave to help a fight before then.

With Shen / Karma, I strongly consider leaving and teleporting back at 1185 gold, for boots 1 + philo + 1 hp pot.

Problem with leaving early in solo lanes is that often your tower gets pushed with the now super resistant minions. Sustaining as long as you can is usually better. If i'm basing super early i'm probably going to get a dorans item.

Draygo on
  • Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    let me tell you a story 'bout laning trundle. fiddy creeps. banshee's veil, merc treads, frozen heart, frozen mallet. trundle bite off nipples. RAIN DOWN DEVASTATING BLOWS AND EARTHDICKS.

Liquid Ghost on
  • ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Bah that reminds me I forgot to buy Ez when he was on sale. Very sadface.

Elementalor on
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
    edited March 2011
    let me tell you a story 'bout laning trundle. fiddy creeps. banshee's veil, merc treads, frozen heart, frozen mallet. trundle bite off nipples. RAIN DOWN DEVASTATING BLOWS AND EARTHDICKS.

So what you're getting at is Trundle loves the cock.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    people getting away at 5 hp are getting away because you bought mercs instead of sorc shoes!

Jars on
  • Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

So what you're getting at is Trundle loves the cock.
    TRUNDLE LOVE GOBBLING DICKS

edit: im also getting away with 5 hp because of merc treads too so stuff that in your corncob pipe, irish jim

Liquid Ghost on
    edited March 2011
    Great way to close out this thread I think.

Draygo on
    edited March 2011
    Can we pick up where we leave off in the trundle dick conversation with the new thread? It's also a great way to open a thread.

initiatefailure on
  • PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

The thing isn't that if you can get a key item before you opponent, sometimes it's worth going back before you have to, just so that you can gain the advantage over them by virtue of the item.

For example, you're laning against some AP asshole and while you can last hit just fine you are unable to harass and prevent their last hitting. You could wait and just both rice. OR you could back grab a null magic mantle, some pots, and a ward and harass the shit out of that guy so he can't farm.

In one scenario there's no competitive advantage (unless one of you benefits from ricing more than the other), and in the second you win your lane.

Pacificstar on
    edited March 2011

Problem with leaving early in solo lanes is that often your tower gets pushed with the now super resistant minions. Sustaining as long as you can is usually better. If i'm basing super early i'm probably going to get a dorans item.

Well, timing is key. Also, I'm running teleport often these days in lanes.

I'm still surprised by 2K before a return though. I've seen a couple good AD carries do it, but only on unusually successful games.

programjunkie on
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I think the most gold I've had before basing even once is 4k

It was as nidalee, so that hardly counts, but still

unintentional on
    edited March 2011
    I think the most gold I've had before basing even once is 4k

It was as nidalee, so that hardly counts, but still

Well, maybe I'm missing the point. Are we talking about average case or best case here? I've definitely had >2K before, but I plan to back at certain points relative to my gold earning based on very large sample sizes (with Vlad 1200-1500 is common if the enemy team has a jungle, for example).

programjunkie on
  • UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I would like the next title to be "[MOBA DOBA] League of Legends - Erecting Trundle's Massive Pillar"

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    depends on my health

if I'm someone without a self heal I will base earlier on in order to buy more potions/wards/good items as soon as I feel like I'm at risk of dying

with nidalee I figure I can take their turret and be gankproof with just a doran's ring

unintentional on
    edited March 2011
    4.png
    laning trundle bros

its fucking legit

also sadkai

Liquid Ghost on
    edited March 2011
    is there ever a time when building components then the main item isn't a good option? like the price doesn't drop as much as the full price of the component or is it a straight subtraction of the component price from the full item price?

initiatefailure on
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    is there ever a time when building components then the main item isn't a good option? like the price doesn't drop as much as the full price of the component or is it a straight subtraction of the component price from the full item price?

No item is simply the sum of its components. Once you get every piece, the item has an additional cost to convert into the greater item. That cost can vary from a couple hundred gold to over 1k.

Edit: I think the answer to your actual question is yes. If you click a big item in the store, then buy a component of it, the new price is full price minus each component you have in you inventory. And it shows that when you click again.

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
    edited March 2011

No item is simply the sum of its components. Once you get every piece, the item has an additional cost to convert into the greater item. That cost can vary from a couple hundred gold to over 1k.

That I knew. I was wondering if the total cost for just buying the item was actually cheaper than buying each part then paying for the conversion? Or if both methods have the same total cost

initiatefailure on
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    It adds up to the same cost regardless of how you buy them

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

That I knew. I was wondering if the total cost for just buying the item was actually cheaper than buying each part then paying for the conversion? Or if both methods have the same total cost

Same total. One thing LoL got right is the store sorting and doing easy math for your big items.

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
    edited March 2011
    It adds up to the same cost regardless of how you buy them

Yes, and to add to this, it can be very beneficial not to complete an item. I've held onto 1/3 of an item for as much as 30 minutes without finishing it, and it was a smart play (Anti-Magic Cloak, which is part of Force of Nature, for example). Generally if you can buy a piece you want to do so if you're at the shop already. Past that advice, it gets considerably more complicated.

programjunkie on
    edited March 2011
    Ok that's good. Some times it doesn't seem like it but that's probably just because my brain wasn't in subtract 4 digit numbers in a split second before you run back to stop your towers from being destroyed mode.

initiatefailure on
  • SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    so who's makin the new thread?

SuMa.Lustre on
    edited March 2011
    TRUNDLE WITH THE SAVE

EARTHDICKS THRUSTING THROUGH THE GROUND

SUCK THIS TROLL NUTSACK

Liquid Ghost on
    edited March 2011
    programjunkie on