As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Ride Share - Offering and looking

MintMint Registered User regular
edited March 2011 in PAX Archive
I didn't see a ride share thread up anywhere so i thought I'd make one up to ease in my searching... and possibly others who are still looking for cheap transport and are not on the train list.

I am coming from Ottawa, Ontario looking for others that might need a ride.
I can stop in Kingston / Montreal or other small cites along the way down to Boston.
we'll make a few stops on the way down and I plan on leaving the 10th
and be heading back North on the 13th on/at an agreed time...
I don't mind if its late... that's what they make red bull for. :wink:

edit:
ahh I am sorry
I am a total idiot I forgot to change this ... the spot in my vehicle was filled as imperfect said. Soo sorry!!!

Mint on

• ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'll be 'pooling with Mint, BTW. She's the best of people, and super rad and nerdy, even though she is new to community.

That said, there's a dot on Ottawa in the Google Maps thread that is for someone who is looking for a ride - but they never put their forum username on it! Who are you, step forward! We have space in a car for you.

Imperfect on
  • ChronoHawkChronoHawk Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'll be heading down thursday morning for the Pre-PAX events. Anyone in the northern Vermont area who needs a ride i'm happy to drive.

ChronoHawk on
    I am NOT Rider Miller!!!!

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    ach.png
  • kevindockevindoc Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm still debating on whether to drive, take the train for fly, but if anyone is driving up from or through the Philadelphia/South Jersey area and would like to carpool please let me know. I'm open to whatever works for you. My contact info (email, twitter, etc) is at http://about.me/kevindoc

kevindoc on
  • DragonKittyDragonKitty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    For those coming from the airport... I live in Boston and I'm getting my friend from the airport on Wednesday if people need rides from the airport. I'm also able to grab people on Thursday if need be. Let me know :)

DragonKitty on
  • bustin98bustin98 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I might have a couple of seats open from Northern Ohio. Leaving early Thursday morning, going up RT 90 to 86 and back to 90.

bustin98 on
    Xbox Live, PSN, Twitter: bustin98
  • BolshoiBolshoi Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    I'm in Lexington, KY looking for a ride. Of course I'll share in gas and snacks.

Bolshoi on
  • ZlasherZlasher Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Looking for ride from Washington DC up to Boston any time from Noon or later on Friday. This is the only thing I need to get confirmed and I'll be able to go. Will split gas for sure, just need help for the ride.

Michael Chan
    mchan@gamescast.tv
    www.twitter.com/zlasher12

Please let me know as soon as possible :)

Zlasher on
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Have a Ride to offer.
    Driving by myself from Asheville, NC along the following route, more or less.
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=FTE6HwIdYVMU-ykJbw88qYxZiDFdOjQGwTHvlA%3BFZ9WhgIdw7bD-ykbMT0NLWXjiTGg6GIBJL98eA&q=Asheville,+NC+to+Boston,+MA&aq=0&sll=35.619379,-82.562095&sspn=0.015577,0.017016&ie=UTF8&ll=37.570705,-79.694824&spn=7.773151,8.712158&z=7&saddr=Asheville,+NC&daddr=Boston,+MA
    If you live within 20 miles of this route, I can offer 2, (MAYBE 3 lightly packed) people a ride. Only asking you split the gas bill.

Contact Nathan via private message. I log on to the site frequently through out the day.

Edit: I am waiting for a call from a rental agency. Depending on the price they quote me, I will be flying. My offer will close if no one responds within the next 24 hours.

That_Guy on
  • BigcaseBigcase Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    driving up to boston from chicago, anyone need a ride let me know.

Bigcase on
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I am extending my offer for another 12 hours.

That_Guy on
  • stellabambinostellabambino Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Possibly looking from Georgia (near Athens) for two to arrive on site Thursday afternoon / early evening. Can share in gas, snacks, etc.

stellabambino on
  • KainEnableKainEnable Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Mint wrote: »
    I didn't see a ride share thread up anywhere so i thought I'd make one up to ease in my searching... and possibly others who are still looking for cheap transport and are not on the train list.

I can stop in Kingston / Montreal or other small cites along the way down to Boston.

I live in Ottawa and would love to a ride, I would be happy to split on gas. I have the 3 day pass so the timeing sounds fine. Either PM or email me if you still have room.

KainEnable on
  • Certain.shade.of.greenCertain.shade.of.green Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I will be heading to Logan at 12AM FRIDAY (Thursday night!) to pick some friends up. Anyone else need a ride? I'm staying at the harborside inn (however I am from the area so I know where most things are)

Certain.shade.of.green on
  • ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    KainEnable wrote: »
    Mint wrote: »

I live in Ottawa and would love to a ride, I would be happy to split on gas. I have the 3 day pass so the timeing sounds fine. Either PM or email me if you still have room.

Ah-whoops.

Really sorry, but we filled that spot and changed our origin city (Oakville now instead) and TOTALLY FORGOT to come in here and update it. I've warned Mint about it and she'll come in and change it when she can.

Again, sorry about that.

Imperfect on
  • MateomanMateoman Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm coming from Amherst, MA, if anybody needs help heading out east. I'm leaving Thursday afternoon.

Mateoman on
  • terriblejoshuaterriblejoshua Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Anyone coming by NYC/Westchester on i95 or the Hutch on thursday or friday? or going back down that way sunday? i could use a ride. i'm awesome and can either sing/talk or read/play pokemon depending on your preference. 25 male worked at pax last year for rockstar. willing to split gas.
    contact email is terriblejoshua@gmail.com

terriblejoshua on
  • BoneriotBoneriot Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm in Buffalo New york, looking for a ride
    single guy, 22, looking like my luggage will be one backpacking rig and a satchel

right along the 90 route for anyone going through western new york
    alternative is greyhound trek

Boneriot on
  • ChirishmanChirishman Rockville, MDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Recent events have necessitated that I drive my car up to Boston for PAX (need a new MA inspection sticker) instead of taking the train like I had planned so I've got an empty car which could have people in it!

Anyone from Washington DC up to Boston-or potentially in between-who needs a lift, drop me a line, I leave Thursday Morning, the earlier the better, and I return Sunday Night. Contact me by email at Chirishman@gmail.com or by AIM at Chirisman6

A bit about myself: I'm a 22 year old working as a paralegal, I've done this drive a few times before, I drive a Honda Accord which I've just had serviced (not a clunker that's to going break down and strand us half way). I'm really easy going and willing to talk about pretty much anything on the drive although for one of this length I do have a few requests of any passenger.

My few, reasonable requests:
    • You must able to at least tolerate low or reasonable volume classic rock or be willing to compromise on a music choice.
    • Bathing prior to the drive is a must and deodorant or antiperspirant is greatly appreciated.
    • I'd like to make good time so if you bring your own snacks that would be great.
    • If you throw things out of the windows of my car at other cars you will be left on the side of the road.

Yes the last one is oddly specific. Yes it has happened to me and yes I was subsequently contacted by the police after the other driver took down my license plate. The offender has never again been allowed into my car.

tl;dr: Don't be a dick and we'll have a great time.

Chirishman on
  • kagebobkagebob Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    Anyone from Cleveland headed out that wanna rideshare?

kagebob on
  • kagebobkagebob Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    Bigcase wrote: »
    driving up to boston from chicago, anyone need a ride let me know.
    a friend and i are in cleveland. we'd split gas, i sent you a message.

kagebob on
  • xipetotecxipetotec Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    We are only heading down Friday morning from MONTREAL.

We will be making a stop in BURLINGTON, VT ( So we could feasibly pick-up from there ) to stop into a couple of stores. So that has to be acceptable. Probably won't be at PAX until after lunch. If all that is okay, you're welcome to ride with us.

xipetotec on
  • TipperzackTipperzack Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I HAVE ROOM IN MY CAR
    Space 1-2 people
    Starting From Westfield NJ
    Leaving At 5-6AM Friday Morning
    Coming Back Sunday night, Maybe Monday Morning
    Contact by email yrahcaz@verizon.net, PM, or phone at 9082323009
    We can pick you up or you can drive to us
    Just contact us beforehand
    Zack

Tipperzack on
  • d3c0yd3c0y Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    plans have changed

d3c0y on
  • KainEnableKainEnable Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    OFFERING

I have room for 1-3 people coming from Ottawa. I will be leaving ottawa around noon and arriving in the evening on the 10th and leaving on the 13th.

I am driving an Acura TL so it should be pretty comfy. Reasonable room in the trunk for gear. Pm or email me at cmeining@gmail.com if your interested.

KainEnable on
  • d3c0yd3c0y Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    OFFERING

Leaving NYC/Westchester area around Thursday midnight - early Friday morning.
    Returning Sunday afternoon. Could possibly venture around Boston if anyone wanted to.... I actually dont mind staying another night if you wanted to leave Monday as long as I have a place to sleep.

You don't have to go both ways. I can offer just a ride to or from PAX. I just expect you to chip in for gas... and not stink up the car. I have a CRV so I can comfortably fit 3 more people with good amount of luggage space.

Please email me at buyingstuffoncraigslist at gmail if interested ASAP. I don't mind making a slight detour to pick you up.

d3c0y on
  • FlawlessSnakeFlawlessSnake Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Have room In my car for two maybe three people depends.
    traveling from NYC Queens Leaving Friday morning @ 300Am sharp returning the 13th @ night no time setup may stay depends with whom I'm traveling with

I have a hotel for 2 nights

also have one three day pass to PAX EAST 2011 Friend canceled had to work. Will to sell to person accompanying me. we'll spit the Gas car is a '04 Altima contact me sergiogarayjr@hotmail.com

male 30yrs
    female or females or mix group welcome

FlawlessSnake on
  • kengikengi Registered User new member
    edited March 2012
    I just found out my girlfriend and I can go. We're based in Cleveland, so if anyone wants to split a ride / have me help pay for gas / help pay for gas, let me know.

Wrong thread.

kengi on
  • Oldmangloom315Oldmangloom315 [ENFORCER] Boston, MARegistered User regular
    There is also this thread.

I still have a seat left in my car from Syracuse, NY Wednesday night leaving between 9-10PM and then driving back Tuesday leaving around 2PM.

• Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited March 2012
    Please use the carpooling thread. This thread is from last year.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.