As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Day After International Women's [Chat]

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Also, Kakos is that you on my Facebooks?

electricitylikesme on
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I like how it was pretty certainly within their power to get that through the senate legally this whole time and they managed to fuck it up.

Bama on
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Bama wrote: »
    I like how it was pretty certainly within their power to get that through the senate legally this whole time and they managed to fuck it up.

Like I said, the nakedness of this power grab is astounding. You'd think they have some subtlety.

RMS Oceanic on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    What happened with evilbob?

He tried to OD, and ELM managed to summon Paramedics to make sure he was alright.

:(

Go ELM GO.

Nice work man. That is great. And via the forums too.

D: I knew EvilBob was down lately, but I had no idea...

Indeed, good work ELM.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited March 2011
    This is what I got for Prof Trivia for the graduation dinner so far:
    1. Some nerd stuff I currently own: a Grimlock masterpiece transformer, a miniature DeLorean from Back to the Future, a replica of Mal's gun from Firefly, and not one but two sonic screwdrivers. You could make a multiple choice question out of that. I could bring one of my sonic screwdrivers to dinner if it helps.

2. A few years ago back, I taught a class on Halloween evening while wearing a devil costume. I used my pitchfork as a pointer. Picture attached.

3. I am using an old computer's dual-processor liquid cooling unit as a bookend on my office bookshelf right now.

4. My undergrad graduation dinner was held at Varadero, Cuba (that one will make the kids jealous!)

5. During my first week here, Orientation Week 2008, one of the red-shirt Student Ambassadors confused me for a first-year student.

6. Related to 5: I eventually got into the habit of wearing ties to work so people would stop taking me for an undergrad. It did not help.

7. I spent exactly 10 years as a university student. I began my undergrad in September 1998, and ended my post-doc in August 2008 when I became a prof.

8. As an undergrad, I was director of the Science & Engineering student newspaper. One year we forgot to make a Halloween issue. So we made up for it by merging it into our Christmas issue and making a Noelloween issue.

9. While I was doing my Master's, I figured out how to get out on the roof of the Engineering building. One of my friends and I would go there to hang out and have coffee.

10. My father is also a university professor, and my brother is getting his Ph.D. this year.

11. Back in Laval University (Québec City) in 2001, my friends and I got a visit from Campus Security for playing with a laser pointer in the residences during the Summit of the Americas. Some bystanders were apparently afraid we had a sniper riffle hidden in the dorm room.

12. My first job ever was at McDonald's.

13. My second job was doing tech support at the university. I did that one for two years. I quit the day I got fed up and yelled at someone on the phone because they couldn't find the "view" menu in the menu bar in Windows.

Good? Enough? More?

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited March 2011
    My prof wants us to calculate the Jordan normal forms of two (non-triangular) 4x4 matrices.

Just in case anyone online right now knows: Is there an easy way to do this or is he just being a dick?

Bama on
    edited March 2011
    My prof wants us to calculate the Jordan normal forms of two (non-triangular) 4x4 matrices.

Just in case anyone online right now knows: Is there an easy way to do this or is he just being a dick?
    Matlab?

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    edited March 2011
    Richy wrote: »

Matlab?
    I don't recall him telling us to use Matlab, and I checked the eigenvalues* for the first matrix in Matlab and some of them are fractions with imprecise representations.

*man, I don't even want to calculate the characteristic polynomial for this thing, let alone factor it.

Bama on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    hmm, someone upped the cookie ante to girl scouts' thin mints and peanut butter cookies in the break room.

Dynagrip on
    edited March 2011
    I've seen a kitty on a roof, but that's the first time I've seen a roofie in a cat.

Bama on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Couscous on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I've seen a kitty on a roof, but that's the first time I've seen a roofie in a cat.

sometimes it's the only way to keep pussy from running away.

Ludious on
    edited March 2011
    Ludious wrote: »

sometimes it's the only way to keep pussy from running away.
    ok you win

Bama on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    reading news stories about wisconsin from various sources really really highlights biases of each source

Arch on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Arch wrote: »
    reading news stories about wisconsin from various sources really really highlights biases of each source

Politico's regular articles are about as bad as WSJ op-eds these days

the best irony? Half the comment are insulting them for being too liberal

nexuscrawler on
  • WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ludious wrote: »

"FUCK OFF YOU DICK I'M SLEEPING!"

WMain00 on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

like new york times says "Assembly Set to Approve Limits on Collective Bargaining"

NPR "Senate Advances Bill Curbing Union Rights"

Arch on
    edited March 2011

like new york times says "Assembly Set to Approve Limits on Collective Bargaining"

WSJ non op-ed "GOP Ends Union Stalemate Wisconsin Republicans Maneuver Bill Curbing Bargaining Rights Through Senate"

nexuscrawler on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    boo, meeting. i enjoyed my 2 years of employment where i never had to attend meetings. Can't really experience that when you're involved with government work.

Dynagrip on
  • WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/03/09/wisconsin-republicans-plan-pass-budget-democrats-sources-say/

WMain00 on
  • iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The NYT's been weird lately. For lack of a better word. I don't want to say their reporting's gone to shit, but there seems to have been a few articles of theirs of late that have been of pretty questionable quality.

For instance:
    Union Man Hates Unions (But Wait, He's Never Been In a Union): http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/22/us/22union.html?_r=1&pagewanted=1
    TX Community Really Worried About Well-being of Accused Rapists; Victim Whut Now? http://motherjones.com/rights-stuff/2011/03/new-york-times-texas-rape

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    what the hell, they didn't pass a budget, fox

Captain Carrot on
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    suck it unions

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
    edited March 2011
    what the hell, they didn't pass a budget, fox

really nothing is past yet

the assembly still has t vote then the governor has to sign it

nexuscrawler on
    edited March 2011
    Gooey wrote: »
    suck it unions

yeah fucking teachers

moochers

nexuscrawler on
    edited March 2011
    suck it unions

yeah fucking teachers

moochers

they get summers off

what else could they want

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
    edited March 2011
    suck it unions

yeah fucking teachers

moochers

they get summers off

now most of em will get 12 months a year off!

nexuscrawler on
    edited March 2011
    suck it unions

yeah fucking teachers

moochers

they get summers off

now most of em will get 12 months a year off!

serves them right

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
    edited March 2011
    but god help us if bailed out bankers didn't get 4 million dollar bonuses!

nexuscrawler on
  • iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, but those were already agreed to, nexus. Jeez. It's not like teachers operate on contractual oblig... oh. Oopsy. :P

iTunesIsEvil on
    edited March 2011
    but god help us if bailed out bankers didn't get 4 million dollar bonuses!

should have picked a better job then

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    hey

teachers

leave those kids alone

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I never knew "Fuck you and the future, I've got mine" could be such a successful political platform.

YamiNoSenshi on
    edited March 2011
    I never knew "Fuck you and the future, I've got mine" could be such a successful political platform.

you....haven't been paying much attention have you?

nexuscrawler on
    edited March 2011
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    It's only been the most successful political platform for the past ten billion years

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

you....haven't been paying much attention have you?

I try not to. I'd rather not have a drinking problem.

YamiNoSenshi on
This discussion has been closed.