As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mass Effect: Garrus, Liara, Kaiden and Colonel Sanders in ME3

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Cerberus Hate Club. Jacob is left out.

Naturally.
    zydgz8.jpg

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Of course, Zaeed has killed more Cerberus agents than anyone who isn't Shepard or TIM.

Zaeed can get in any club he wants. It's just he's the only one who gets out alive.

chiasaur11 on
  • Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Of course, Zaeed has killed more Cerberus agents than anyone who isn't Shepard or TIM.

Zaeed can get in any club he wants. It's just he's the only one who gets out alive.

By sacrificing the entire club and bragging about how they all died.

Casually Hardcore on
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

By sacrificing the entire club and bragging about how they all died.

Only sometimes.

Usually, they all die hideously in apparently unrelated accidents due to their own stupidity.

Or Zaeed's lack of concern for their safety. Or Zaeed killing them on a later contract.

Basically, there are lots of ways to die around Massani.

Assumptions are dangerous. Be alert, be safe.

chiasaur11 on
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Orca wrote: »

you know, I liked this comic, the whole few dozen

but why are all the female characters almost always in their underwear

Dude likes drawing half-naked chicks.

I can respect that.

Arg! It's like sandpaper!

It's like a claw hammer!

First time I read that comic, I ignored the comments at the end, and completely thought it was in reference to Miranda's crotch, not the floor.

Synthesis on
  • BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Anyone else think grunt looks really really really baked?

Botznoy on
    IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Zaeed looks like a zombie.

Renegade Wolf on
    edited March 2011
    I didn't come back from the goddam undeath for this bull shit!

EDIT:

HEY GUYS! i relearned how to do stencils in photoshop

Shepard stencil:
    c1ommandershepard1.jpg

Botznoy on
    IZF2byN.jpg

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I will always remember the comic with Zaeed and Femshep.
    "SHEPARD

WHY DO YOU HAVE A GUDDAMN PENIS"

Captain Carrot on
  • deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Only seven months till Halloween...

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I just started playing Mass Effect 2 after picking it up from the Christmas Steam sale. Is there anything in particular I should be aware of? Any gotcha's in the early stages or classes/story paths that I should try to avoid?

Also, the default mouse on the PC sucks so bad and it took me forever to find out how to fix it.

To be fair, 90% of UE3 games have the exact same problem. And the exact same fix. Well, except for ME2's inis being a silly goose about accepting edits

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I didn't come across any 'gotcha's' from my play through of ME2. Though, it gets rather linear after you do some key missions. So it can accidently become a 10 hours game....

Casually Hardcore on
    edited March 2011
    I will always remember the comic with Zaeed and Femshep.
    "SHEPARD

WHY DO YOU HAVE A GUDDAMN PENIS"
    don__t_argue_with_me_by_spacecoyote-d34wzff.jpg

oh and because it made me lol
    big_goddamn_heroes_by_fon_ronsenbutt-d30k921.png

Botznoy on
    IZF2byN.jpg

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    My one serious attempt to post actually cool ME fanart, ruined forever.

How do you live with yourself?

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Fan art is a skill that must be mastered

Dox the PI on
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    we don't even talk about the game anymore

this is some triple-meta discussion about the community of the mass effect community

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
    edited March 2011
    -Tal wrote: »

this is some triple-meta discussion about the community of the mass effect community

Well, occasionally we talk stuff related to the game when new people come in.

Sometimes.

chiasaur11 on
  • Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So, incendiary ammo

best ammo or best ammo

Dox the PI on
    edited March 2011
    Dox the PI wrote: »
    So, incendiary ammo

best ammo or best ammo

The latter, I think.

We are talking with the inferno upgrade, right?

chiasaur11 on
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

I'm starting to think THIS is the Reaper's plan all along.

What if there is no ME3?

manwiththemachinegun on
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    it has been over six months since Lair of the Shadow Broker, this is what happens

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Dox the PI wrote: »
    So, incendiary ammo

best ammo or best ammo

The latter, I think.

We are talking with the inferno upgrade, right?

There is no other kind of incendiary ammo.

Orca on
  • rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Sometimes.

Someone totally answered a legit game-question for me in the last thread.

So that makes the rest of this legit, right?

rndmhero on
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So, dudes, when you're a guy, happily chilling out, playing ME2, and a sixteen-year-old girl (who has never seen Mass Effect before, at least as far as I know) comes into the room and sees your FemShep starting to hit on Jacob...

...yeah, that was kind of awkward.
    It really doesn't help that the Jacob romance more or less consists of FemShep being all "BEND ME OVER RIGHT THIS INSTANT MISTER TAYLOR!!!1!"

Jazz on
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    rndmhero wrote: »

Sometimes.

Someone totally answered a legit game-question for me in the last thread.

So that makes the rest of this legit, right?

Legit, or atrociously stupid. What's the difference...

---

Anyway, it never ceases to amuse me that when you hack a geth trooper or shock trooper in ME1 they just start charging for the nearest enemy with this really weird run.

I just did it outside on Noveria when I came out of a tunnel and there were armatures around the place. The shock trooper just took off and I lost sight of him. I don't know if he just went straight-line and kamikazed into the lava or he found an armature that took him out, but I laughed until I stopped.

Apothe0sis on
  • DarkCrawlerDarkCrawler Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    it has been over six months since Lair of the Shadow Broker, this is what happens

need my fix man

Bioware, does a mother feed their baby with six month intervals! DOES SHE?!

DarkCrawler on
  • DarisDaris Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Jazz wrote: »
    So, dudes, when you're a guy, happily chilling out, playing ME2, and a sixteen-year-old girl (who has never seen Mass Effect before, at least as far as I know) comes into the room and sees your FemShep starting to hit on Jacob...

It really doesn't help that the Jacob romance more or less consists of FemShep being all "BEND ME OVER RIGHT THIS INSTANT MISTER TAYLOR!!!1!"

You didn't feel terrible romancing Jacob as femshep? That's why she walked in, the universe is trying to teach you a lesson. Learn from this, or be like a Jacob-loving Cerberus tool and die for your mistakes.

Next thing I know you'll be talking about letting Batarians live in front of your parents! :evil:

Daris on
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    To be honest, there seem to be slim pickings for femshep this time around.

EDIT: But then, thinking about it, ME1 is no better.

ME2 has more choices but you don't want any of those choices.

Jacob's kind of a bland jerk. But at least you aren't a furry or worse if you romance him.

Apothe0sis on
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Already did Garrus and Thane on previous FemShep playthroughs. Just trying to mix it up a little and it's all I can do not to have Shep tell Jacob to sod off.

I'm sure Kasumi would be grateful.

Jazz on
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

need my fix man

Bioware, does a mother feed their baby with six month intervals! DOES SHE?!

maybe you should go post that in the official forums but posted in a more awkward fashion.

"Bioware I want to suck on your teets of gamingness".

I'm sure all the creepy fans will join in thinking you're after something entirely different.

evilthecat on
    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Do Krogan lactate?

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    This is what happens when you allow lesbian relationships in Mass Effect.
    30x8oqx.jpg

Poor Garrus.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Torso BoyTorso Boy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

I wish sixteen year old girls would just walk into my room.

Torso Boy on
    edited March 2011
    Torso Boy wrote: »

I wish sixteen year old girls would just walk into my room.

There's a special level of hell for you.....

The romance options for Femshep was pathetic. I honestly just 'romance' Kelly and stopped it at there.

Casually Hardcore on
  • President RexPresident Rex Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I think it's an elaborate ploy to keep femshep players monogamous. Then when the third game comes out Bioware can announce their ultra conservative feminist agenda and proclaim women are more trustworthy than men.

But Jacob is extra creepy. "Let's not push it, Shepard" Wink, wink, creepy smile. Then he salute femshep after every time you recruit someone. I think my femshep is disgusted with him, she didn't even return the salute last time.

As femshep your options are creepy, terminally ill, and hammer dong.
    As maleshep your options are bitch, bitch and gypsy in a bubble.

The only real option is Kelly and her beastial STDs.

Or Morinth, to get you out of this relationship hellscape.

President Rex on
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yeoman Chambers is like Marx's political economy theories on wealth production.

Everyone gets a taste.

Synthesis on
    edited March 2011
    Terminally ill with more emotional baggage than anyone else in the game, which is no mean feat.

I'd say FemShep isn't much worse off than dudeshep in ME2, really. Both have the returning human LI be crazy on Horizon, both have vastly improved Liara and Kelly for all STD related needs, and they both get three options.

Daddy issues, massive other issues deriving from being a killer from an incredibly early age, and cool old friend who is massively biologically incompatible.

chiasaur11 on
  • SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm just curious, but how did Kelly get this reputation of being 'friendly' with the entire Universe's population?

SoulGate on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2011
    SoulGate wrote: »
    I'm just curious, but how did Kelly get this reputation of being 'friendly' with the entire Universe's population?

By being 'friendly' with the entire Universe's population?

chiasaur11 on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    This is what happens when you allow lesbian relationships in Mass Effect.
    30x8oqx.jpg

Poor Garrus.

Ah...I was missing horrible fanart.

Thanks man.
    I think it's an elaborate ploy to keep femshep players monogamous. Then when the third game comes out Bioware can announce their ultra conservative feminist agenda and proclaim women are more trustworthy than men.

But Jacob is extra creepy. "Let's not push it, Shepard" Wink, wink, creepy smile. Then he salute femshep after every time you recruit someone. I think my femshep is disgusted with him, she didn't even return the salute last time.

As femshep your options are creepy, terminally ill, and hammer dong.
    As maleshep your options are bitch, bitch and gypsy in a bubble.

The only real option is Kelly and her beastial STDs.

Or Morinth, to get you out of this relationship hellscape.

Yes, all the ME romances are generally horrible.

Dragkonias on