As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dragon Age Thread - [Please post in new thread]

1575859606163»

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Alright bros. I'm nearing the end of Act 3, and there are a few things I'm missing, which I would like to find before finishing out the game. I have compiled a list of what I'm looking for, and I will spoiler tag it just to play it safe.
    -- Ambrosia
    -- Two entries in the "Enigma of Kirkwall." I got the entry from Gamlen's quest. Need 2 more for Act 3.
    -- Kill the Undying Xebenkek
    -- History of the Chantry Chapter 3. I already have 1, 2, and 4.

You get ambrosia
    in Isabellas personal mission, if she left you permanently you're screwed unless you want to manually add her back into your group via the developer console.

Man what the fuck, really? I never had Isabella to begin with. Earlier in the thread I asked about her, and they said she appears in a cutscene after you finish the quest "Tranquility." I never got a cutscene with her in it, and thus I've never had her in my game. What a crock of shit.

So now not only did I miss out on a companion, her quests, and the experience provided therein, but I also cannot complete my crafting index? This is bullshit.

Lucascraft on
  • Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Uh, guys, there's a new thread, now...

Gaming-Freak on
    jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Dashui wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    Blackjack wrote: »
    So, both times through I missed the chest piece for the Act 2 Armor Set. Where is it, anyway?
    Is this the Stone whatchamacallit? It's actually in Act 3, in a shop. I've never even bothered picking it up.

At that point you're going to end up having the Champion Chestpiece soon, so it's not worth spending the money on it.

You have to go through the "Mine Massacre" quest to get the chestpiece, though, and that's a very hard quest.

Pffft. On Normal that fight is a joke.

Pride Unbound is harder. Much harder.
    no ways

I had to drop it down to casual for mine massacre

then again at that point I was well in the midst of the speed bug awfulness, so maybe that made it harder than it needed to be

Elendil on
  • Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    Just beat the game, really good game, lots of fun but there were a few things that did get to me.

Repeating areas was of course, boring. I mean that one ladder in darktown must be magical, it leads to so many places. The Coast was home to so many different groups, even in the same act. Every sewer was THE sewer, every cave was THE cave. It just got boring after act 1, I really wish there were either less quests in those areas or the areas were somehow more exciting.

The city....was boring. I mean it was well done with after act 1 I got tired of all the bandits and ninjas in hightown or wherever, the city just didn't feel like a city to me anymore. I think the best example would be to take something like Assassins Creed's cities, they had the feel of a city down.

Combat became...less meaningful throughout the game I think. They need to make less encounters and more meaningful encounters. Take a look at WoW, Molten Core was 90 percent trash mobs and 10 percent bosses. Now the new dungeons AFAIK are mostly just bosses, or that is the trend in MMOs I believe. Quality over quantity. This game suffers from too much combat.

Slightly related to that, there needs to be dialogue options to resolve conflicts, as far as I could tell everything was a combat solution. Slight act 3 spoiler...
    Why was I killing mages and templar without a choice? I didn't want to kill either of them but I had no choice

Cross class abilities were hard to use, on the easier enemies they were pointless and on the harder ones they were very rarely available. There is a middle ground I guess where the higher difficulty normal guys (not sure what they are called) will sometimes get the status effect and then I can use it, but even then playing with Anders, Varric and Hawke it was very rare to use one. Varric and Hawke both had the same status effect that they needed and Anders rarely applied and status on anyone.

This game was a lot of fun though, it does feel like it could have used 6 more months though to polish up some things (I hear there are lots of bugs, I didn't experience anything bad except a quest in Act 3 was not available even though I went to the spot, people were there but seemed bugged out and wouldn't respond to anything) and work on the balance a little bit.

EDIT

And reposting this in the new thread since I took so long to type it up.

Fizban140 on
  • spamfilterspamfilter Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Alright bros. I'm nearing the end of Act 3, and there are a few things I'm missing, which I would like to find before finishing out the game. I have compiled a list of what I'm looking for, and I will spoiler tag it just to play it safe.
    -- Ambrosia
    -- Two entries in the "Enigma of Kirkwall." I got the entry from Gamlen's quest. Need 2 more for Act 3.
    -- Kill the Undying Xebenkek
    -- History of the Chantry Chapter 3. I already have 1, 2, and 4.

You get ambrosia
    in Isabellas personal mission, if she left you permanently you're screwed unless you want to manually add her back into your group via the developer console.

Man what the fuck, really? I never had Isabella to begin with. Earlier in the thread I asked about her, and they said she appears in a cutscene after you finish the quest "Tranquility." I never got a cutscene with her in it, and thus I've never had her in my game. What a crock of shit.

So now not only did I miss out on a companion, her quests, and the experience provided therein, but I also cannot complete my crafting index? This is bullshit.

You have to go to the Hanged Man at night after Tranquility.

spamfilter on
This discussion has been closed.