As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[CHAT] ME FIVE!

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    will and i had some thai food

he asks for his soup 'xtra xtra xtra' spicy

i tried one spoonful and my voice has been squeaky for twenty minutes
    Do people keep mistaking you for his girlfriend?

The boobs are about the same size.

be nice, he's tongue thai'd

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    i don't have frankie's distinguished cheekbones, sadly

Organichu on
    edited March 2011
    omgakira.jpg

o hai doggie

Organichu on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    i don't have frankie's distinguished cheekbones, sadly

And she lacks your lumpy exterior and lazy eye.

JustinSane07 on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Aldo wrote: »
    Oh hey, it's gotten to the point where my means of escapism aren't doing anything. Like, I'm looking at my list of games and I'm like "ugh", I look at my papercraft project and I'm like "ugh, just gonna make a mistake" and think about watching Cowboy Bebop and be like "not gonna enjoy it as much as I would if I'd feel better".

Life is awesommmme

Ease off the escapism for awhile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nwwKbM_vJc

TL DR on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8VhW9JIwUk

There's toying with fate, and then there's slapping fate around and spitting in its face. Naming your company after one that brought about the robot apocalypse, and your product after one that went homicidally rogue, is the latter.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    about to go home

then i will try really hard to stay awake and eat a little food and take my medicine

and then i'll sleep the sleep of gods

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Bronies wear a popped Pony around their neck.

How do you pop a Pony?

you don't want to know

These are the results of attempting to pop a pony so far:
    ponies-2-copy.jpg

Daxon on
  • Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Telling a Thai person that you want them to make your food spicy for reals is a mistake.

Dr Mario Kart on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I still can't believe Cyberdyne is real and that it is just an elaborate troll to the world.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Reading about ancient forum dramedy mysterious. Dusty old grudges and chuckles abound.

I remember thinking the word "gay" when skimming the forums years back and not registering. Years layer, in the parlance of 4chan, Now I am the fag.

desc on
    edited March 2011
    Telling a Thai person that you want them to make your food spicy for reals is a mistake.

will loves it

i am not a dude who likes my food very spicy, though

Organichu on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    It's almost as bad as the guy who opened an antiques store near where my parents live and named it "Needful Things".

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Daxon wrote: »
    Bronies wear a popped Pony around their neck.

How do you pop a Pony?

you don't want to know

These are the results of attempting to pop a pony so far:
    ponies-2-copy.jpg

omg <3

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2011

it's about the only place up here that i can get it as spicy as i prefer it

(i grew up in New Mexico, where eating the spiciest thing is kind of a cultural tradition)

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited March 2011
    desc wrote: »
    Reading about ancient forum dramedy mysterious. Dusty old grudges and chuckles abound.

I remember thinking the word "gay" when skimming the forums years back and not registering. Years layer, in the parlance of 4chan, Now I am the fag.

Latter day Poe

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011

will loves it

i am not a dude who likes my food very spicy, though

high five, chu

you are a good fellow

Nerdgasmic on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    I don't blame Mike for torching the forums back then. Really the insulting of kara was a symptom of the general attitude as opposed to an isolated incident of dickery.

Shit, I don't either. What are the two major rules now in D&D? Don't be a douche and stop being a goose stepping liberal goose?

Sheep on
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I think Privacy Concerned Reader has done some good work in the four days he's been around.

RMS Oceanic on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    omgakira.jpg

o hai doggie
    Awwwwwwww, Akira.

I'm jealous, Org; Akira is one of the forumers I most want to meet. Along with Trent and Gus.

Thanatos on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

You do realise you linked a keynote talk of 1hr12mins to someone who complained about not even having the motivation to glue pieces of paper together or watch comics...

Do you expect me to watch that monstrosity?

Aldo on
    edited March 2011
    Irond Will wrote: »

(i grew up in New Mexico, where eating the spiciest thing is kind of a cultural tradition)

Was hating Arizona a cultural tradition too?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I went to a Thai place the other day, asked for spicy 10/10 (been there a dozen times), and this new server (recent immigrant, judging by her accent) looked at me like I was a child asking to play with a handgun. She says "How about 4?" and walks away.

I was offended.

TL DR on
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Elldren wrote: »

Latter day Poe

Ells when do I get to make you the prettiest superhero costumes

desc on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Actually that is a Southwest thing in general Ell. For I live in Colorado and we all hate Arizona.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I went to a Thai place the other day, asked for spicy 10/10 (been there a dozen times), and this new server (recent immigrant, judging by her accent) looked at me like I was a child asking to play with a handgun. She says "How about 4?" and walks away.

I was offended.

what a racist

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
    edited March 2011
    akira is pretty damned great

Organichu on
  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I do not understand spicy food. I grew up in Asia ffs but I do not understand truly spicy food.

It overpowers any other taste, and over time ends up killing a lot of your taste buds.

Daxon on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Awwwwwwww, Akira.

I'm jealous, Org; Akira is one of the forumers I most want to meet. Along with Trent and Gus.
    Add Ravi to that list. He's the coolest bro

180502_10150154317245225_711780224_8493126_7146796_n.jpg

Aldo on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2011
    Sheep wrote: »
    I don't blame Mike for torching the forums back then. Really the insulting of kara was a symptom of the general attitude as opposed to an isolated incident of dickery.

Shit, I don't either. What are the two major rules now in D&D? Don't be a douche and stop being a goose stepping liberal goose?

the forums have grown up a lot

we talked about this some during pax, with kakos kind of wistfully wishing the forums were less civil and more permissive and extreme, the way they once were, with me coming down firmly on the other side.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Latter day Poe

You guys are getting some downtime as soon as you get back to the headquarters. I just wanted to give you guys a chance to bask in the glow of job well done.

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2011

Latter day Poe

Whenever we get some downtime, hopefully.

It's been basically nonstop action adventure since before our characters even met

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited March 2011
    Aldo wrote: »

You do realise you linked a keynote talk of 1hr12mins to someone who complained about not even having the motivation to glue pieces of paper together or watch comics...

Do you expect me to watch that monstrosity?

You just have to click play and then maintain your lack of motivation for the appropriate time

What do you have to lose? It may very well make you feel better

TL DR on
    edited March 2011

Was hating Arizona a cultural tradition too?

back then, Arizona wasn't really the bizarre libertarian-and-retiree hellhole that it is today

mostly we hated on texas

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    gus is a jerk

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011

I was offended.

My favorite Indian place has white people as servers now.

Probably because when they first opened and had immigrants as the serving staff they ran into problems with the staff never ever looking at or speaking too or taking orders from women.

Seriously.

Every time we went it was "What would the lady have? Did the lady enjoy her meal?" I let her pay one night and I could tell they were... really surprised and uncomfortable.

Sheep on
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

i went to thai out in queens the other week

there if you ask for medium, it's pretty spicy

if you ask for spicy it blows your brains out

as an indian who likes spicy foods, i say this

thais make the spiciest of foods

mmm i had beef tendon soup and pork belly with chili and basil

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Watching SF Debris' review of "Dear Doctor".

My 16 year old self was bugged by the implications of that episode, but didn't dwell on it.

My 26 year old self is furious at it.

RMS Oceanic on
    edited March 2011
    Daxon wrote: »
    I do not understand spicy food. I grew up in Asia ffs but I do not understand truly spicy food.

It overpowers any other taste, and over time ends up killing a lot of your taste buds.

eh it's an acquired taste.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Actually that is a Southwest thing in general Ell. For I live in Colorado and we all hate Arizona.

It's pretty much a whole nation thing. And hell, parts of Arizona have been pushing for a chance to leave the damn state because they are sick of the crazy.

Thomamelas on
This discussion has been closed.